Sniping Bug

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

UnknownChemistry #1 Posted Jun 19 2011 - 16:26

Major

• Veteran Testers
  • 20500 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY
Approximately 7 out of 10 times, I encounter this bug while I do the following.

1) Stop moving my tank so I can aim.
2) Press the shift button to enter sniper mode.
3) Allow the reticle to shrink down fully.
4) Move my mouse in any direction and once again, let the reticle shrink down fully.
5) Press the shift button to exit sniper mode (I have not fired a shot at all)

At this time, I notice that the turret will "snap" on its own will thus causing my reticle to instantly lose accuracy.  Its as if while I'm in sniper mode and I move my turret, the tank itself doesn't seem to register it when I exit sniper mode.  (Remember, this doesn't happen ALL the time but rather approximately 7 out of 10 times for me.)  I'm not very good at describing this so maybe you guys can try it out the next time you play?

This may be a minor bug but when you're fighting, seconds count for everything right?  

PS. spent half and hour searching the forums and no one else seems to have the same problem.  But if there is already a topic on this, then you can lock it.

MrPsiko #2 Posted Jun 19 2011 - 16:42

Private

• Players
  • 3931 battles
I have noticed a similar phenomenon, though I wasn't quick enough to think of it as a bug. Yes, transitioning from sniper mode will sometimes force a loss of accuracy as the arcade cursor takes over. I try to be quick in re-positioning my mouse and often succeed at making things worse. The fact that I'm not a consistent player has something to do with it, I'm sure. It can be awfully annoying, though, so I'm glad you brought it up. My knowledge of IT does not lie in high-level programming or game development and I can't make any further comments without lying or bluffing.

I appreciate that you do not scream bloody murder about it as some other members do about more serious problems. A game is a game is a game ad nauseum and it should not become someone's life. I say just relax and count it a blessing that you can play a game at all.  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users