Clan Spotlight: Red Sky 05/04/15

clan spotlight red sky

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Baddy_ #61 Posted May 07 2015 - 16:03

Major

• Players
  • 19922 battles
Why do sperglords whine anytime their clan doesn't get picked?

Edited by DerHeer, May 07 2015 - 16:07.

BarrooM #62 Posted May 07 2015 - 16:32

Major

• Players
  • 18618 battles

"we beat MLP and they disbanded the next day. I don’t know if that was because of us"

No. (It was a group effort)

It started with Forge and RPM in Dagda, once we got a foothold and could spam chips, their 1 team ™ couldn't deal with it. I think you guys were pushing in from the top at that time.They were falling apart from the inside out anyway, but losing to trash like us (RS, FORGE, RPM) put the nail in the coffin. We won the forum wars on that as well :>

I think at one point we had 4 different people calling Ruinberg because we wanted to keep the strats fresh and different. I blame MAC_D for that capfast loss. I think we were 10 and 0 up til that point. (We were having a hell of a time dealing with your light drivers until we put Nagatron and I forget who else in ours).

The Visine war (as we at Forge called it) was quite a bit of fun. Both our clans had top rated arty and 50-2 drivers, so it made for some really crazy matches on Malinovka, Murovanka.

I got to know a lot of the RS guys after all the e-peen stuff was over with. Really liked them, well except for Gomez, that guy can still eat a big hairy unicorn D.

BarrooM #63 Posted May 07 2015 - 16:41

Major

• Players
  • 18618 battles

Didn't Iron Wolves get really mad at you guys for this? I remember some sort of drama because you guys were bored... lol.

scharnhorst310 #64 Posted May 07 2015 - 17:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 24444 battles

View PostBarrooM, on May 07 2015 - 15:32, said:

"we beat MLP and they disbanded the next day. I don’t know if that was because of us"

No. (It was a group effort)

It started with Forge and RPM in Dagda, once we got a foothold and could spam chips, their 1 team ™ couldn't deal with it. I think you guys were pushing in from the top at that time.They were falling apart from the inside out anyway, but losing to trash like us (RS, FORGE, RPM) put the nail in the coffin. We won the forum wars on that as well :>

I think at one point we had 4 different people calling Ruinberg because we wanted to keep the strats fresh and different. I blame MAC_D for that capfast loss. I think we were 10 and 0 up til that point. (We were having a hell of a time dealing with your light drivers until we put Nagatron and I forget who else in ours).

The Visine war (as we at Forge called it) was quite a bit of fun. Both our clans had top rated arty and 50-2 drivers, so it made for some really crazy matches on Malinovka, Murovanka.

I got to know a lot of the RS guys after all the e-peen stuff was over with. Really liked them, well except for Gomez, that guy can still eat a big hairy unicorn D.

Hey B, where did you get that from because i wrote this "weeks of non-stop fighting where we’d be knocked to one territory, but fought our way out. Next day MLP disbanded, not because of this loss, forge and others were apply relentless pressure… but the writing was on the wall."

And yes, god the very pinnacle i thought was Forge vs RS on malinovka... good god that was just... art. Big map like that, open, scouts + arty, working together. I don't know where those vids are, I might not have captured them because at the time my comp wasn't great and recording hurt my FPS too much lol. 

Yeah I have a few of the Iron Wolves battles from that time as well... not going to lie I always disliked them. My very first CW battle was against Wolves in RSRDD, we had like 3 guys with tier 10s, i only had a JT... they trolled us so hard in that battle, it was a real wake up call. Plus they were always so smug in those nasa meetings. It felt nice

Found this one, i dont remember where its from 

Edited by scharnhorst310, May 07 2015 - 17:12.

BarrooM #65 Posted May 07 2015 - 17:14

Major

• Players
  • 18618 battles

I have a ton of maps stored. Usually when a war would break out I would immediately grab a screen of current, during and after.

Sorry if my post came off wrong, but I think a lot of people played a pretty key and hilarious role in the demise of MLP. A team for A team, they were the best out there in their prime. Back then, most people would be lucky to go 10 and 1 with their A-Team. 

I haven't touched tanks in about 30 days, but the people saying the current war going on is the best one yet, were not around for some of the older ones. NASA breakup was pretty epic.

BarrooM #66 Posted May 07 2015 - 17:17

Major

• Players
  • 18618 battles

LOL @ that second video. "Please don't say anything I don't like him". Phaeton is one of the chillest people you will ever meet. I think it's natural people do not like each other when there is a war going on. The good news is, I wouldn't have become friends with so many great people if there were no wars.

I think those were pre-sixth sense too right?

scharnhorst310 #67 Posted May 07 2015 - 17:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 24444 battles

View PostBarrooM, on May 07 2015 - 16:14, said:

I have a ton of maps stored. Usually when a war would break out I would immediately grab a screen of current, during and after.

Sorry if my post came off wrong, but I think a lot of people played a pretty key and hilarious role in the demise of MLP. A team for A team, they were the best out there in their prime. Back then, most people would be lucky to go 10 and 1 with their A-Team. 

I haven't touched tanks in about 30 days, but the people saying the current war going on is the best one yet, were not around for some of the older ones. NASA breakup was pretty epic.

I'd also say that MLP had a bit of monopoly (compared to now) talent wise... the rest of us had to grow up, they were able to collect the most top players because of that crazy gold income. 

Oh you got that quote from the interview stuff lol. Yeah i don't remember exactly saying that but that was what was transcribed. But absolutely it required a lot of things, lot of effort, from lots of people to bring down that system of MLP. Losing to scrubs like us, with those egos... not to mention i fully planned on death blossoming them. 

Just found this one, damn i had completely forgotten we had played that awful komarin map

bahahah it was you that killed me in that battle, nice shot actually

Edited by scharnhorst310, May 07 2015 - 17:26.

BarrooM #68 Posted May 07 2015 - 17:31

Major

• Players
  • 18618 battles

View Postscharnhorst310, on May 07 2015 - 10:18, said:

I'd also say that MLP had a bit of monopoly (compared to now) talent wise... the rest of us had to grow up, they were able to collect the most top players because of that crazy gold income. 

Oh you got that quote from the interview stuff lol. Yeah i don't remember exactly saying that but that was what was transcribed. But absolutely it required a lot of things, lot of effort, from lots of people to bring down that system of MLP. Losing to scrubs like us, with those egos... not to mention i fully planned on death blossoming them. 

Just found this one, damn i had completely forgotten we had played that awful komarin map

bahahah it was you that killed me in that battle, nice shot actually

When scouts were useful and this game wasn't Counter Strike.

Me, bitter? NEVER. You guys were on defense and it was Komarin (we would have camped and pounded with arty too). I think we finally won on that by fainting 1 and pulling back and driving right up the middle.

scharnhorst310 #69 Posted May 07 2015 - 17:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 24444 battles

View PostBarrooM, on May 07 2015 - 16:31, said:

When scouts were useful and this game wasn't Counter Strike.

Me, bitter? NEVER. You guys were on defense and it was Komarin (we would have camped and pounded with arty too). I think we finally won on that by fainting 1 and pulling back and driving right up the middle.

At work at the moment so not listening to the sound on the vids. 

Yeah i don't CW anymore, its just depressing to see strats similar to "hey guys, all meds we're going to zerg 1 line, arty start running" lol. Then again I think that is what the game has done when arty and scouts are less effective, mediums are incredibly powerful, and when you got a team of very good players the goal is to just get into a brawl because talent will find a way to win. 

GrannyW #70 Posted May 07 2015 - 18:10

Major

• Players
  • 20060 battles
  • [OTT-V] OTT-V

View PostBarrooM, on May 07 2015 - 10:14, said:

.....people saying the current war going on is the best one yet, were not around for some of the older ones. NASA breakup was pretty epic.

The current war isn't even close to some of the older ones. Not yet at least. It has the potential to get there, but at this point its more like initial footsies in comparison to the NASA drama (or even Purple Dawn or the lesser Donut war). It's just the first larger scale war most of the new unicum crop have seen or paid attention to.

scharnhorst310 #71 Posted May 07 2015 - 18:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 24444 battles
Whiskey I see you reading this, come home! Hop on TS sometime, and for gods sake you should be banned from tourneys unless Tommy and I are on the team.

Edited by scharnhorst310, May 07 2015 - 18:47.

BBQ_Sub #72 Posted May 07 2015 - 19:39

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 40723 battles
  • [ACES] ACES
Congrats to our long time friends - RS - on the spotlight!  They are well deserved to have finally been chosen for this honor.  RS is the sole reason we even started doing Clan Wars after our teams met during the '12 Ural Steel tournament in Russia.  Our clans became fast friends and have fought along side one another ever since.  Their history is long and proud and their prominence continues.  Salute to Mako, Scharn, Tommy and Frizz and the rest of RS!

XenomorphZZ #73 Posted May 07 2015 - 23:07

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 12556 battles
  • [RSRC] RSRC
Oh boy. What a blast from the past this thread was.

Tolos #74 Posted May 09 2015 - 03:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostGrannyW, on May 07 2015 - 17:10, said:

The current war isn't even close to some of the older ones. Not yet at least. It has the potential to get there, but at this point its more like initial footsies in comparison to the NASA drama (or even Purple Dawn or the lesser Donut war). It's just the first larger scale war most of the new unicum crop have seen or paid attention to.

In fairness a lot of the guys fighting in this war have never seen a good war, so they are going to think this is the best. PD was my favorite war if I'm honest as I was more involved in that than the NASA war. I just wish we could go back to REAL battles in CW like we used to have, not yolo strats with mediums. 

scharnhorst310 #75 Posted Jun 08 2016 - 00:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 24444 battles

View PostTolos, on May 09 2015 - 02:45, said:

In fairness a lot of the guys fighting in this war have never seen a good war, so they are going to think this is the best. PD was my favorite war if I'm honest as I was more involved in that than the NASA war. I just wish we could go back to REAL battles in CW like we used to have, not yolo strats with mediums. 

What was the purple dawn war about, for some reason I can't remember it, or i'm getting it confused with the donut war.

Yankee #76 Posted Jun 08 2016 - 03:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 39614 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Purple Dawn was on NA, in response to Havok and friends biting off a bit more than they can chew, The Donut War was EU, and was just Sarge drawing pictures on the map. 

Banish #77 Posted Jun 10 2016 - 17:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 17847 battles

View Postscharnhorst310, on Jun 07 2016 - 19:55, said:

What was the purple dawn war about, for some reason I can't remember it, or i'm getting it confused with the donut war.

The cause: The Burning Legion becoming too big, started to pressure clans around them to do what the Legion wanted, along with trying to completely lock-down the North America map preventing other clans from entering the central United States.

Endos video of the Burning Legion during the Rise of the Americas. It should be noted that -J- (to the north), SIMP and to a lesser extent ACES were allied to the Burning Legion as well.

SuperCereals thread about the war.

Anfields videos show the Relic Wardec and most of the fighting from the Purple Dawn Part I.

ZeppelinisGod's video of Purple Dawn Part II.

scharnhorst310 #78 Posted Jun 10 2016 - 18:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 24444 battles

View PostBanish, on Jun 10 2016 - 16:57, said:

The cause: The Burning Legion becoming too big, started to pressure clans around them to do what the Legion wanted, along with trying to completely lock-down the North America map preventing other clans from entering the central United States.

Endos video of the Burning Legion during the Rise of the Americas. It should be noted that -J- (to the north) and SIMP and to a lesser extent ACES were allied to the Burning Legion as well.

SuperCereals thread about the war.

Anfields videos show the Relic Wardec and most of the fighting from the Purple Dawn Part I.

ZeppelinisGod's video of Purple Dawn Part II.

Thank you Banish, i remember it now! 

Trust me i know who J was allied with... the legion and them tried to pull one on me before that war... i got even. 

Kind of like the idea of collecting all the major wars together with their relevant info. 

Edited by scharnhorst310, Jun 10 2016 - 18:20.

Dirg #79 Posted Jun 10 2016 - 18:32

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26199 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I still especially hate Live Oaks and Highway because of the Havok Rising /Bad fights over Tennessee for the duration of that war. Never anything new just back and forth over the same land. Bleh.

Banish #80 Posted Jun 10 2016 - 18:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 17847 battles

Arguably the biggest thing to come out of Purple Dawn Part I was the death of the 'Big Three'.

• FORGE collapsed and the gaming community became a shadow of itself at an alarming rate.
  • HAVOK lost a lot of its talent and could no longer compete against -G-.
  • -G- absorbed the majority of the best players from both FORGE and HAVOK (from the ones that left). The power difference between -G- and the second best clan on the server (during this time) was like a top 5 clan against a top 10 clan.

Though another major event to come out of this was the rise of PetCo as OTTER just formed and the majority of PetCo was considered as untested before Purple Dawn.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users