• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

scharnhorst310 #81 Posted Jun 10 2016 - 18:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 24435 battles
  • [RS] RS

View PostBanish, on Jun 10 2016 - 17:41, said:

Arguably the biggest thing to come out of Purple Dawn Part I was the death of the 'Big Three'.

• FORGE collapsed and the gaming community became a shadow of itself at an alarming rate.
  • HAVOK lost a lot of its talent and could no longer compete against -G-.
  • -G- absorbed the majority of the best players from both FORGE and HAVOK (from the ones that left). The power difference between -G- and the second best clan on the server (during this time) was like a top 5 clan against a top 10 clan.

Though another major event to come out of this was the rise of PetCo as OTTER just formed and the majority of PetCo was considered as untested before Purple Dawn.

Was this the rise of purple vader guy as well? All i remember of him was that he was nuts... sent me and Tommy messages on the forum demanding we leave RS and join him for mad riches. 

Dirg #82 Posted Jun 10 2016 - 18:54

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26092 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Arguably the biggest thing to come out of Purple Dawn Part I was the death of the 'Big Three'.

• FORGE collapsed and the gaming community became a shadow of itself at an alarming rate.
  • -G- absorbed the majority of the best players from both FORGE and HAVOK (from the ones that left). The power difference between -G- and the second best clan on the server (during this time) was like a top 5 clan against a top 10 clan.

Though another major event to come out of this was the rise of PetCo as OTTER just formed and the majority of PetCo was considered as untested before Purple Dawn.

Keeping in mind it was the first "Wargaming differed" war. Instead of a natural end there was the Campaign1. Setting a precedent of true lasting wars being impossible to truly fight out and win.

Banish #83 Posted Jun 10 2016 - 18:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 17847 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postscharnhorst310, on Jun 10 2016 - 13:46, said:

Was this the rise of purple vader guy as well? All i remember of him was that he was nuts... sent me and Tommy messages on the forum demanding we leave RS and join him for mad riches. 

PURPL (EvilVader) went after -G- since he thought his clan was better, though this was pretty wide-spread throughout it's player-base. PURPL was designed to be the best clan on the server (similar to how BULBA was created) however poor leadership caused its demise.

EvilVader did a lot of diplomacy to set-up a on-on-one against -G- and we all know how that turned out.

View PostDirg, on Jun 10 2016 - 13:54, said:

Keeping in mind it was the first "Wargaming differed" war. Instead of a natural end there was the Campaign1. Setting a precedent of true lasting wars being impossible to truly fight out and win.

While the community did fight back, Wargaming was sadly adamant about ignoring the player base and set about their two year cluster[edited] of ruining Clan Wars.

Dirg #84 Posted Jun 10 2016 - 19:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26092 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostBanish, on Jun 10 2016 - 17:59, said:

PURPL (EvilVader) went after -G- since he thought his clan was better, though this was pretty wide-spread throughout it's player-base. PURPL was designed to be the best clan on the server (similar to how BULBA was created) however poor leadership caused its demise.

EvilVader did a lot of diplomacy to set-up a on-on-one against -G- and we all know how that turned out.

Yeah but that was after the first campaign. He started working on PURPL about the time of purpldawn pre campaign didnt he? About the time Tzimon did Skittles for free tonk I think.

scharnhorst310 #85 Posted Jan 18 2017 - 19:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 24435 battles
  • [RS] RS

View PostBarrooM, on May 07 2015 - 15:32, said:

"we beat MLP and they disbanded the next day. I don’t know if that was because of us"

No. (It was a group effort)

It started with Forge and RPM in Dagda, once we got a foothold and could spam chips, their 1 team ™ couldn't deal with it. I think you guys were pushing in from the top at that time.They were falling apart from the inside out anyway, but losing to trash like us (RS, FORGE, RPM) put the nail in the coffin. We won the forum wars on that as well :>

I think at one point we had 4 different people calling Ruinberg because we wanted to keep the strats fresh and different. I blame MAC_D for that capfast loss. I think we were 10 and 0 up til that point. (We were having a hell of a time dealing with your light drivers until we put Nagatron and I forget who else in ours).

The Visine war (as we at Forge called it) was quite a bit of fun. Both our clans had top rated arty and 50-2 drivers, so it made for some really crazy matches on Malinovka, Murovanka.

I got to know a lot of the RS guys after all the e-peen stuff was over with. Really liked them, well except for Gomez, that guy can still eat a big hairy unicorn D.

Other day this popped into my head... the utter frustration with dealing with Forge on Ruinberg. Nothing I pray in my life will ever reach that level anguish each night. It was just awful because we had this pressure on us to do well from everyone else, the players, the officers, allies, the community, etc. Then you throw in the fact I had a ton of teams online; but we'd only fight 1 goddamn battle a night! For some reason we came up with that strategy of forming lines down the map; just turned into a massive bottleneck at that location... In hindsight we should have been the LZ clan, so we could spread out in multiple directions; have the guys who couldn't field that many teams handle the "lanes" area. 

Then for me being a decent caller; i prided myself in understanding how other teams/callers like to play; figuring out their weaknesses... it makes sense now why I had such a trouble. We'd lose, i'd come up with a good counter; spend time going over, get to the actual battle and get pummeled; by strats which felt like they were direct counters to what I wanted to run... was just maddening to do that day after day. I remember being at a loss as I had to prepare to win against various strats; so remaining flexible enough to counter them; but direct enough to be able to execute an attack. 

Normally that was what I did well; playing the enemy caller, being 2 steps ahead. First time I really felt that I was the one playing from behind. Wish people had more appreciation for that aspect of battle calling. Fun time in CW looking back on it now; what I feel was the pinnacle of everything from great players, battle callers, clans... Watching artillery and scouts work in tandem on those maps was an art. The skill of the participants of manipulating the cw map, was a nightly chess match. 

Think it would be pretty cool to do a thorough history of CW; major wars, players, etc. Be great to get it from various viewpoints as well. I remember Chair from NDP doing a long history thing but can't seem to find it. Damn things like that really need to be stickied on these forums

edit: found it... damn it has been awhile http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

Edited by scharnhorst310, Jan 18 2017 - 19:47.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users