Pathetic module damage/ Pathetic hitboxes on panther

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

MisterLemons #1 Posted Jun 20 2011 - 03:06

Captain

• Players
  • 36370 battles
I dont know where the hell to put this because it fits in 2 catagories. I went up gainst a panzer 4 today, thats right, the almighty tier 5 medium with a 75mm gun. He decided to take my panther on and opened fire. First shot hit my track and knocked it out.

Problem one- Gun could not lower enough to hit him and i was on a stupid small hill.

From there, he kept hitting my track and causing damage.

Problem two- Retarded tracking system did not allow me to repair.

Hit M7 buddy decided to help him out a bit and throw a round in my idiotic side armor.

Problem three- Ammorack and gunner KOd.

They continued to concentrate on my disabeled vehicle and slowly wither me away.

Problem 3 continued- Gun, turret, commander KOd.

One shot to god knows where set me on fire as my engine hitbox is everywhere.

Problem four- rediculous fire rate

I died to an american medium scout and a german low tier medium. What the hell is wrong with this picture? T44, T43, T23, T20, dont have this fekking problem. When the hell is the point gona be hammered home here? Theres somethign drasticly wrong with either the panthers armor or its modules, PICK ONE.

Moved from Gameplay Discussion to German Medium Tanks /SE

johncage #2 Posted Jun 20 2011 - 03:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4015 battles
they want you to buy repair consumables.

DrBlue62 #3 Posted Jun 20 2011 - 03:11

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 6280 battles

View Postjohncage, on Jun 20 2011 - 03:08, said:

they want you to buy repair consumables.
That would have certainly gave his panther another chance but he basically got perma-tracked by a smart person and couldn't shoot back. Other than the insane module damage it happens frequently to me in my other tanks.

Samurai_Lineman #4 Posted Jun 20 2011 - 03:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 46760 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
lol rage on you went up a hill and got tracked and killed happens, I wish I could have seen you pounding your keyboard and raging LMAO

MisterLemons #5 Posted Jun 20 2011 - 04:36

Captain

• Players
  • 36370 battles

View PostCharlton, on Jun 20 2011 - 03:54, said:

lol rage on you went up a hill and got tracked and killed happens, I wish I could have seen you pounding your keyboard and raging LMAO
trolol? Its horsesh*t, the only thing wargaming seems to pay attention to in the whole operation is the forums. Not even the whole thing, just the parts with inapropriate language and misplaced threads. Everything about suggestions, ideas, modifications and upgrades is pissed out and regarded as worthless.

Doctuer #6 Posted Jun 20 2011 - 04:40

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 24518 battles
you're not going to like this but I assume you haven't managed any multi-million dollar game development companies ?

Camels #7 Posted Jun 20 2011 - 05:34

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 27317 battles
Gotta go up a hill at some point and he did play smart to track u their, but he addresses a common problem, the fragility of the panther. Try shooting a t 44, then having him take out your turret and ammo rack and gunner in 1 shot. Its not fun and happens more often then it should.

DeathSniper #8 Posted Jun 20 2011 - 05:40

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 10190 battles
Shit happens, deal with it?  You're on a hill and got owned by a lighter tank who has a competent driver, what do you expect?  I've done the exact same thing to a KV by shooting him 30+ times consecutively on his front tracks with my Ram-II around a corner of a building and took him from 100% to 0%, all the while staying alive with less than 20% hp.  Think of how that person felt.

Also, you do realize that while a T44 or T23 may not have that issue, you're a mobile sniping platform basically; 100+ yards, you top both of those tanks.  Where was your support?

MisterLemons #9 Posted Jun 20 2011 - 06:37

Captain

• Players
  • 36370 battles

View PostFriggingName, on Jun 20 2011 - 05:40, said:

Where was your support?
Doing something else trademarked by world of tanks, playing with the T29s frontal armor who WOULD have taken me out first if the other 2 werent playing 'troll the treads' with my panther.

Prototype003 #10 Posted Jun 20 2011 - 22:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9178 battles
Yes, the gun depression is very annoying....

panzerwagoneer #11 Posted Jul 02 2011 - 02:12

Major

• Players
  • 21394 battles
I find German tanks do not get their historical gun Depression where as Russian Tanks with very small and cramped turrets often get better then historical gun depression. Its a dev choice and despite the consequences for game play they obviously have no intention of rectifying the situation, case in point the devs actually nerfing American gun depression just because the guns poked through other models while not doing so with Russian tanks even though they exhibit the same issue much more frequently.

BeerBeerBeer #12 Posted Jul 02 2011 - 04:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13164 battles
Panther is worthless. Dropping it a tier will help I guess, but it's still worthless.

Belesarius #13 Posted Jul 02 2011 - 05:07

Major

• Players
  • 7951 battles
  • [C-BOO] C-BOO

View PostBeerBeerBeer, on Jul 02 2011 - 04:42, said:

Panther is worthless. Dropping it a tier will help I guess, but it's still worthless.

I wholeheartedly disagree with that statement.

Properly used, the Panther is the best T8 medium.

BeerBeerBeer #14 Posted Jul 02 2011 - 05:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13164 battles
I disagree.

Popingheads #15 Posted Jul 02 2011 - 06:53

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 11166 battles

View PostBelesarius, on Jul 02 2011 - 05:07, said:

Agree. Fully upgraded the Panther is a great tank. And although most people say its a sniper, which it kinda is, I can still do good with it in close range brawls.

Riesig #16 Posted Jul 02 2011 - 10:26

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 5894 battles

View PostBelesarius, on Jul 02 2011 - 05:07, said:

I want to know how to use the Panther properly, considering any hit anywhere severely reduces your combat effectiveness. Uh oh, shot to the front, engine damaged. Shot in the side? 50% slower reloads. How exactly am I supposed to position this tank to use it properly?
As to it being the best, arguable. T44 is less accurate but is much more mobile and survivable. The Pershing has comparable fire-power AND, again, can actually take a hit. Where does the idea of the Panther being the best T8 medium come from?

Had to search through this thread to make sure I hadn't replied (the dozens of new Panther threads a week tend to confuse me) but what I said somewhere else holds true: The Panther is the epitome of Wargamings take on German tank design: Awful, terrible, relentlessly bad chassis with a decently good, accurate gun mounted to it.

BeerBeerBeer #17 Posted Jul 02 2011 - 14:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13164 battles
I don't know about other people's experiences, but fighting against the trio of tier 8 mediums while using other tanks, I worry about the panther the least compared to the American and Russian equivalents, regardless of the situation. I'm sure my sentiment is felt by a lot other players as well.

I'm stuck using mine; I crawled my way here without knowing any better.  The original poster is spot-on though.  If I had to choose a medium line over again, I would definitely choose one of the other factions without hesitation.

Belesarius #18 Posted Jul 02 2011 - 15:10

Major

• Players
  • 7951 battles
  • [C-BOO] C-BOO

View PostRiesig, on Jul 02 2011 - 10:26, said:

I want to know how to use the Panther properly, considering any hit anywhere severely reduces your combat effectiveness. Uh oh, shot to the front, engine damaged. Shot in the side? 50% slower reloads. How exactly am I supposed to position this tank to use it properly?
As to it being the best, arguable. T44 is less accurate but is much more mobile and survivable. The Pershing has comparable fire-power AND, again, can actually take a hit. Where does the idea of the Panther being the best T8 medium come from?

Had to search through this thread to make sure I hadn't replied (the dozens of new Panther threads a week tend to confuse me) but what I said somewhere else holds true: The Panther is the epitome of Wargamings take on German tank design: Awful, terrible, relentlessly bad chassis with a decently good, accurate gun mounted to it.

I use mine as a mobile sniper.  Shoot a couple of shots from beyond their visible range, with the Long 88, which probably means you are laying some hurt on, then when you draw fire use your speed and manovuerability to relocate.  My favorite targets are heavies engaged with my heavies.  Often by the time they realize you are the one hitting them for 20% of their health, they are almost dead.

In regards to the T44... LOLWHUT?  The moving ammo rack that is the T-44 is just not that scary to me anymore.

We'll really see how the German line fares after 0.6.6  E50 here I come.

Edit: I'm not saying that the Panther doest have issues. Module damage, just like on the Tiger is an issue.  And stock it just plain SUCKS.

Riesig #19 Posted Jul 02 2011 - 19:54

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 5894 battles

View PostBelesarius, on Jul 02 2011 - 15:10, said:

I use mine as a mobile sniper.  Shoot a couple of shots from beyond their visible range, with the Long 88, which probably means you are laying some hurt on, then when you draw fire use your speed and manovuerability to relocate.  My favorite targets are heavies engaged with my heavies.  Often by the time they realize you are the one hitting them for 20% of their health, they are almost dead.

In regards to the T44... LOLWHUT?  The moving ammo rack that is the T-44 is just not that scary to me anymore.

We'll really see how the German line fares after 0.6.6  E50 here I come.

Edit: I'm not saying that the Panther doest have issues. Module damage, just like on the Tiger is an issue.  And stock it just plain SUCKS.

Ok was just making sure I was right, you have to play as a sniper hoping that the enemy tanks (usually with better camo rating and sight range than you) ignore you for better prey. So pretty much how I have been playing for all of my matches. Thanks for the confirmation. Now I know I am playing my tank to your "proper" standards and we can move on  :rolleyes:

The T-44 has just as much of an ammo rack issue as the Panther, it atleast gets the benefit of decent sloped armor compared to the Panthers ammo hitbox being the entire 90 degree angle that is the side armor.

After 270 battles and about 20k XP from being elite, I really can't say the Panther is a good tank. Gun is decent, mobility is decent, but the fact that pretty much any shot from any gun to any part of your armor will decrease your effectiveness in some regard by 50% is just a huge, crippling weakness that isn't going to be fixed until it drops to T7, where it is losing it's long 88. God help whoever decides they want an E-50 then.

BeerBeerBeer #20 Posted Jul 02 2011 - 20:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13164 battles
That's one thing I also find annoying about this tank (in addition to the ridiculous module damage) is the mobility.

Straight ahead it's fine I guess, albeit it's slow to accelerate, but the track traverse, turning speed and turret traverse all seem lackluster, especially for a medium tank.  Some heavies can perform better in the aforementioned.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users