• -Players-
  • 28050 battles
  • [GNET] GNET

The last ones:

How to draw an FV304

How to draw an Ru 251

How to draw an ELC AMX

How to draw a KV-2

Requested by HowitzerBlitzer, I decided to give a pretty insane 3D high-depth FOV perspective a shot, kind of a rolling pan across angle shot with the Centurion Mk. VII. In the end, this ended up being one of the most time consuming and toughest of these "How to draws" I've done so far. Also- there's quite a jump in detail/features between the 4th and 5th image, this is because I accidentally saved over when I was about to save the Step 6 image. Sorry. :(

So- these are the perspective lines. These won't be the final ones, oh-ho-ho... NO. Not by a long shot. I end up manipulating the features of this tank multiple times before settling on something. But I do work off of these for the next step, so take a look.

Here's the basic of the hull done, with the side skirts. I try to draw enough for me to work off of to get the detail done, but I soon realized there's quite a few issues with the perspective already.

Not sure if the difference is immediately noticeable, but I widened the track wells and changed how the upper glacias looks. I also added a few more details to the hull and got started on the turret base. The turret would end up being the most massive pain in the butt over anything else. This turret you see here is probably the 4th one I've had to draw, and the 2nd one I drew all the way before finishing it. I think next time I go though something this hard, I'll save an image of each "failed" turret before showing you the final one I decide to work off of. Also- even this turret still gets messed with down the road.

So here's kind of two steps in one- I get started on the running gear and the gun on the turret. There's also some minute detailed differences in the turret between this step and the previous. The track guards may look different, I just erased some of the messy lines and other junk.

This is where I saved over Step 5, a LOT has happened from the previous step to this one. You can clearly see the running gear's mostly finished, the gun's finished, also... I did run into that same problem where the gun was too big for the left side of the canvas again(this is becoming a thing now), so actually instead of shifting the tank, I just widened the canvas. Means I have to scroll now, but this is a big tank. Other than all that, all of the accessories on the turret have been added(cuploas, sights, storage bins).

And here's the final image. Gave the tank a lovely name and a little bit of shading, although I wanted to leave a lot of the shapes and angles raw and visible, because I feel like it makes the tank as gorgeous to look at as it does. I kinda feel like this perspective doesn't give it justice... looks a bit too... rounded. But it still looks better than a flat ortho or an oblique.

Link to the imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/nEVib

As per usual, I will accept requests, but I WILL be doing an M4 Sherman next(hopefully today or sometime this weekend), and Hammaneggs on the FV304 topic requested the KV-4, and I kinda want to give that a shot as well. Hope you enjoyed this guide!

HowitzerBlitzer #2 Posted May 10 2015 - 00:23

Major

• Players
  • 15403 battles
Thanks!

SyrupButt #3 Posted May 10 2015 - 00:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2199 battles
+

TanklessMouse5 #4 Posted May 10 2015 - 00:25

Major

• Players
  • 27442 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
That's amazing! Did you draw it yourself? If so you got some mad talents. I mean I can draw a mad stick person but yeah nice!

Medessec #5 Posted May 10 2015 - 01:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 28050 battles
  • [GNET] GNET

View PostTanklessMouse5, on May 09 2015 - 23:25, said:

That's amazing! Did you draw it yourself? If so you got some mad talents. I mean I can draw a mad stick person but yeah nice!

I did draw it meself. Of course I had to use some sort of a reference(I had the tank open in WoT) to glance at to know where details are and precise dimensions, but yeup. Appreciate the comment!

Edited by Medessec, May 10 2015 - 01:15.

MONSIEUR_LIXM_EU #6 Posted May 10 2015 - 17:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Fantastic ! May I post your tutoriels on y blog (watch my signature) ?

Medessec #7 Posted May 11 2015 - 07:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 28050 battles
  • [GNET] GNET

View PostMONSIEUR_LIXM_EU, on May 10 2015 - 16:43, said:

Fantastic ! May I post your tutoriels on y blog (watch my signature) ?

You are welcome to do so as long as you provide credit (let them know that I originally made the guide).

MONSIEUR_LIXM_EU #8 Posted May 11 2015 - 07:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Ok no problems !

Urdr #9 Posted May 11 2015 - 17:46

Major

• Players
  • 47865 battles

U R AWESOME

Thanks for the art :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic