YouTube Channel iAmEbola Learning All Tiers Reinventing

• Please log in to reply
8379 replies to this topic

iAmEbola #1 Posted May 11 2015 - 22:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 10371 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

Hello everyone.  iAmEbola here, my previous account was cadbrowser.  I rage quit back in December of 2015 because I sucked really bad and told WG to remove my account.  I took a little over a month off and couldn't find anything that challenged or entertained me the way WoT did.  So, I came back and started over - I am a re-roll.

I started live streaming on my YouTube channel not long after I came back wanting to document my rise through the tiers.  My hope is to help new players in the lower to mid tiers (eventually high tiers too) learn some techniques like those written about in Lert's Guides so that their grind don't have to be so tedious and frustrating.  

I have my own TeamSpeak Server and I will platoon with anyone having a mic/speakers or headset and is willing to listen.  I will not turn away anyone that desires help.

I invite anyone to watch and provide constructive feedback to point out flaws so that I can continually learn and grow to get better at this game.

My Schedule (all Central Standard Time):

Currently Not Streaming

Spoiler

I want to thank all of those that have stuck with me and continue to support me and all that I do.  You are all awesome.  I will make regular updates to this thread.

Thank you.

-iAmEbola

iAmEbola Now On TWITCH!

Updated Live Stream Schedule

Edit: Created DwB Campaign & Updated Above Image To Campaign Link

Ebolaites' Headhunter Links

Click the Image to Obtain Imgur Skull Image Link

Click on Headhunter Link above for more info

iAmEbola's Collection

westdccs's Collection

Edited by iAmEbola, Jun 07 2016 - 17:54.

TLWiz #2 Posted May 11 2015 - 22:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 17698 battles
  • [DSSRT] DSSRT
I never really cared who re-rolled. Thanks for contributing to the community in a positive way.

Kamahl1234 #3 Posted May 11 2015 - 22:05

Major

• Players
  • 17962 battles
One thing I've never understood was having your account deleted when/if you decide to leave a game, as you never know you may come back one day.

iAmEbola #4 Posted May 11 2015 - 22:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 10371 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_
Many didn't.  But they did care that I hid the fact.  I am trying to make it right and I still want to be a positive contributor to this community.

iAmEbola #5 Posted May 11 2015 - 22:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 10371 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View PostKamahl1234, on May 11 2015 - 15:05, said:

One thing I've never understood was having your account deleted when/if you decide to leave a game, as you never know you may come back one day.

Well, I really didn't ever expect to come back.  It felt longer than 5 weeks.  My resolve wasn't as strong as I once thought...lol.  I'm addicted and I don't like failure.  I thought that if I had my account deleted it would help me stay away.  It didn't...obviously.

Orion3 #6 Posted May 12 2015 - 02:32

Major

• Players
  • 10313 battles
I wish you'd stream longer. I follow all I can, like 50 or so, but, I don't normally play until 10 pm ( like 5-10 games max ) Eastern time then, I watch streamers for a few hours. Yes, I'm one of those people who enjoy watching more than playing nowadays. 

Blaklyte #7 Posted May 12 2015 - 03:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7598 battles

Hello fellow streamer and welcome back o7 I will be sure to check out your stream.

View PostOrion3, on May 11 2015 - 21:32, said:

I wish you'd stream longer. I follow all I can, like 50 or so, but, I don't normally play until 10 pm ( like 5-10 games max ) Eastern time then, I watch streamers for a few hours. Yes, I'm one of those people who enjoy watching more than playing nowadays. 

I do the same with other games, I watch more Hearthstone then I play.

Edited by Blaklyte, May 12 2015 - 03:00.

660driver #8 Posted May 12 2015 - 03:08

Captain

• Players
  • 7863 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY
Welcome back! I may just friend request you on wot so we can platoon when it works out as we are roughly around the same # of battles. My highest tier tank is the american m6. I also so have multiple tier 4 and 5's of various nations and types.

iAmEbola #9 Posted May 12 2015 - 13:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 10371 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View PostOrion3, on May 11 2015 - 19:32, said:

I would love to, however during the weekdays I get up at 4:30am to get ready for work so streaming until 9pm or so is about my max.  I needs my beauty sleep.  The wife and I carpool and we work about 45min away from home.  She gets off later than I do so I have to wait for her, then depending on traffic we get home in time for me to squeeze in a few warm up games before I have to go live.  Later this year, her work is moving and we're going to have to get another car because carpooling won't be a viable option anymore.  That means I'll get home sooner, so I could start earlier...like 6pm.  We'll see how it goes.

View PostBlaklyte, on May 11 2015 - 20:00, said:

Hello fellow streamer and welcome back o7 I will be sure to check out your stream.

o7 to you.  Thanks!  We should try and do a joint stream and have each other as guests one time in the near future for a stream event.  That, I think, would be fun.

View Post660driver, on May 11 2015 - 20:08, said:

Welcome back! I may just friend request you on wot so we can platoon when it works out as we are roughly around the same # of battles. My highest tier tank is the american m6. I also so have multiple tier 4 and 5's of various nations and types.

Thank you!  :)

Sounds good to me.  I have my M6 all decked out and am working on getting the WR up in that as we speak.  When I got it I was doing Strongholds with Tear Farmers Anonymous [QQ].  I was playing my T1 and ended up getting enough credits to purchase it.  Then I switched to the M6, since I had the same gun it was as if I was still a T1 Heavy with better armor and a slightly larger health pool.  When I took it out to the pubs, those battles from SH don't carry over to pub stats.  So, right now I have like a 43%WR in it.  I do have it fully upgraded now, so that should change soon.

I've recieved your friend request on the forums and have approved it.  Hope to catch you in game sometime soon my friend.

Grasschopper #10 Posted May 12 2015 - 14:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 34584 battles

No clue why people care about this stuff so much.  I think we platooned together on your old account...or maybe I just remember the user name from here.

I had NO clue why that other guy made such a huge deal out of it yesterday...fking tool.  lol

Sentry_2015 #11 Posted May 12 2015 - 14:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8210 battles
  • [PSYC0] PSYC0

View PostTLWiz, on May 11 2015 - 16:04, said:

I never really cared who re-rolled. Thanks for contributing to the community in a positive way.

As somone who as benefited from your efforts and advice....this ^^^

SireMaxus #12 Posted May 12 2015 - 14:48

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13081 battles
  • [-NXL-] -NXL-

Hey!! It's good to see that you will still be contributing to the community as you were doing before all that garbage was thrown at you..

Good luck and hopefully you have more subscribers now ;):playing:

Edit: By the way, keep playing low tiers since that was what got you into streaming

Edited by SireMaxus, May 12 2015 - 14:49.

firemedic1428 #13 Posted May 12 2015 - 14:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12502 battles
  • [P2WIN] P2WIN

Kind of the same boat too. Played when it first came out then quit for a couple years. Now back at it with a purpose, lol.  I'd love to platoon with like minded people. 

I'm trying to stay in tier 5 and 6 as my rush to 7 and 8 was pretty bad. 

brdhntr #14 Posted May 12 2015 - 15:14

Major

• Players
  • 21925 battles
Thanks for the clarification and keep up the stream.  I didn't see the crap storm that was started, but if history of these forums are any indication, I'm betting it was folks that have done absolutely nothing to help the player base get better at the game.  

iAmEbola #15 Posted May 12 2015 - 15:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 10371 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View PostGrasschopper, on May 12 2015 - 07:09, said:

No clue why people care about this stuff so much.  I think we platooned together on your old account...or maybe I just remember the user name from here.

I had NO clue why that other guy made such a huge deal out of it yesterday...fking tool.  lol

I would assume that anyone trying to "hide" something has to be discredited and that anything they say is a lie or bad for you.  It is the same as distrusting someone who smokes that tells you not to smoke because it is bad for you.   Some wouldn't trust the smoker because he smokes.  Wierd logic I know.  But...it is there.

Yes we did platoon together a few times in our KV-1 tanks.  One match in particular, we were on Widepark and you started to chase a medium around a corner and I told you to stop because you were being led into an ambush.  I had you wait until I circled around to the backside, eliminated the ambush threat and then you came in and finished off the other guy.  

It is good to be able to hook up with others again.  We should platoon together again soon.  

View PostSentry_2015, on May 12 2015 - 07:43, said:

As somone who as benefited from your efforts and advice....this ^^^

I appreciate that.  Thank you.

View PostSireMaxus, on May 12 2015 - 07:48, said:

Hey!! It's good to see that you will still be contributing to the community as you were doing before all that garbage was thrown at you..

Good luck and hopefully you have more subscribers now ;):playing:

Edit: By the way, keep playing low tiers since that was what got you into streaming

Oh yeah, once it seemed that I was able to really understand some of the concepts and be able to utilize them to influence more wins; something in me wanted to find a way to help others.  The techniques and theory really do work in practice.  

Got my fingers crossed...lol

I plan on always taking the time to revisit the low tiers.  I am currently thinking once a month to dedicate a Live Stream to the Low Tiers.  If more and more newbies request it, I can do it twice a month.  So...I'll need feedback from whomever wants to see low tier play.

For future reference, to me:

Low Tier =  I - IV

Mid Tier =   V - VII

High Tier = VIII - X

View Postfiremedic1428, on May 12 2015 - 07:50, said:

Kind of the same boat too. Played when it first came out then quit for a couple years. Now back at it with a purpose, lol.  I'd love to platoon with like minded people. 

I'm trying to stay in tier 5 and 6 as my rush to 7 and 8 was pretty bad. 

Keep in mind too that there are a lot of good training Clans out there that could help you.  Minion Institute of Tankology [M-I-T] and their subsidiaries are excellent training clans.  Of course, I won't turn down anyone that can listen, has a mic/speakers or a headset, TeamSpeak 3, and that want to platoon with me.

I actually stayed in the lower tiers for a lot longer than I did the first time.  I would venture to say that I plan on staying in the Tier IV - VII range for several more thousand battles before I venture up to VIII.  The higher tiers are very unforgiving as the good players there will punish you very harshly for any minor mistake.  

Feel free to check out the videos on my YouTube Channel.  If you have any requests feel free to post them here.

firemedic1428 #16 Posted May 12 2015 - 15:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12502 battles
  • [P2WIN] P2WIN
I already subscribed. Gonna watch some of your videos today while I'm on duty at the fire department. Seems all my YouTube subscriptions are WOT only.

iAmEbola #17 Posted May 12 2015 - 15:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 10371 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View Postbrdhntr, on May 12 2015 - 08:14, said:

Thanks for the clarification and keep up the stream.  I didn't see the crap storm that was started, but if history of these forums are any indication, I'm betting it was folks that have done absolutely nothing to help the player base get better at the game.  

Thanks.  Yeah, be grateful that you didn't...lol  

I was basically accused of being parallel to Jim Jones (cult leader); a 6th grade bully that wants to travel back in time to beat up on 1st graders,  a typical scam artist from the Bible Belt", and other such awesomeness.  

I haven't seen anything good come out of those players.  They have more poasts than battles and they feed into the tin foil hat theories out there.

View Postfiremedic1428, on May 12 2015 - 08:17, said:

I already subscribed. Gonna watch some of your videos today while I'm on duty at the fire department. Seems all my YouTube subscriptions are WOT only.

Awesome, thank you!  LOL...same here too.  Like I said...my addiction was stronger than I ever thought it could be.  I love this game and the vast complexities it brings.  

Grasschopper #18 Posted May 12 2015 - 15:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 34584 battles

View PostiAmEbola, on May 12 2015 - 09:14, said:

I would assume that anyone trying to "hide" something has to be discredited and that anything they say is a lie or bad for you.  It is the same as distrusting someone who smokes that tells you not to smoke because it is bad for you.   Some wouldn't trust the smoker because he smokes.  Wierd logic I know.  But...it is there.

Yes we did platoon together a few times in our KV-1 tanks.  One match in particular, we were on Widepark and you started to chase a medium around a corner and I told you to stop because you were being led into an ambush.  I had you wait until I circled around to the backside, eliminated the ambush threat and then you came in and finished off the other guy. 

Wow you remember that stuff way better than me.  I did think I remembered playing with you on the other account but no specific match details.  WOW have I come a LONG way since early running in the KV-1.  Thanks for your help back then..and yea lets toon.  I play most days at lunch (12:00-1:00 eastern) and then at night at like 8:30 or 9:00 until...11:00 maybe.  Depends on if I have other stuff going on...most nights I don't though.  Look me up in game.

iAmEbola #19 Posted May 12 2015 - 15:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 10371 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View PostGrasschopper, on May 12 2015 - 08:21, said:

Wow you remember that stuff way better than me.  I did think I remembered playing with you on the other account but no specific match details.  WOW have I come a LONG way since early running in the KV-1.  Thanks for your help back then..and yea lets toon.  I play most days at lunch (12:00-1:00 eastern) and then at night at like 8:30 or 9:00 until...11:00 maybe.  Depends on if I have other stuff going on...most nights I don't though.  Look me up in game.

Well...19 years of my ex-wife bringing up everything I said (most of it incorrectly) to throw back at my face kinda causes one to evolve a good memory...lol

Yes you have, I was very tickled to see that you are doing very well for yourself.  I think I may already have you as a friend in game...so yeah, if I'm not doing a specific Live Stream thing (like strongholds) then I will invite you to platoon for a bit.  I am usually off by 9:00pm CST.  

westdccs #20 Posted May 12 2015 - 17:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 16441 battles

Welcome back to streaming. I wish I had more time at the moment to join you in some games, but I'm in the middle of trying to move with all the junk that entails. We should be in our new place sometime after the first of next month and perhaps at that time I'll return to a semi-normal schedule. In the mean time, I will be watching your streams.

If I might offer a bit of advice, especially for the benefit of watching a stream after the fact, repeating the question or advice from your chat window would be very beneficial. There are several times in the SU-100Y debut where you respond to a comment, but it is difficult to figure out the context of your response. Not a huge thing, but would be very helpful for those streams post event.

Keep on chugging away!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users