YouTube Channel iAmEbola Learning All Tiers Reinventing

• Please log in to reply
7494 replies to this topic

GAJohnnie #7481 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 17:06

Major

• Players
  • 8635 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

Because of a thread discussion yesterday about "immersing yourself in the game" I made this video watching a replay with the game view off. Being focused on game play, I missed some of the neat effects in the game. pretty cool how the windows reflect the setting sun until you turn you tank and it fades out. If this is how the game looks on minimum setting, it must be really awesome on max.

Grasschopper #7482 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 18:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 29837 battles
_BOTS_ update...saw Buubytrap online last night and this morning and iAmEbola is playing currently.

GAJohnnie #7483 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 21:03

Major

• Players
  • 8635 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_
Thanks Grass! There is hope for us yet....

Grasschopper #7484 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 23:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 29837 battles
And I chatted with him a little.  Says he's trying to get back in the swing of things but doesn't like the way he's playing?

Zakume #7485 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 10:43

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 29842 battles

Oh jeez Johnnie that fps :ohmy:.

Here's a little fun battle I had while doing missions.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3453405?secret=b2d658696ea02c349095d4eac8290813

GAJohnnie #7486 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 13:10

Major

• Players
  • 8635 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View PostZakume, on Mar 24 2017 - 04:43, said:

Oh jeez Johnnie that fps :ohmy:.

Here's a little fun battle I had while doing missions.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3453405?secret=b2d658696ea02c349095d4eac8290813

Good to see you Zakume! Thanks for the game replay, bit busy now but will definitely check it out

Some day when I don't have to buy 5 computers  (myself, my wife and 3 teenage daughters) I will have a REAL computer to game on. :teethhappy:

Edited by GAJohnnie, Mar 24 2017 - 13:13.

Grasschopper #7487 Posted Mar 26 2017 - 17:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 29837 battles

OMG I was so pissed...If only I had gotten that ram....

http://wotreplays.co...opper-grille_15

If you're wondering why I'm upset...I'm working on TD-15 for the Obj 260.  8k dmg and secondary is 5 kills.  End game was one, never spotted, 1390 left alive.  As we capped out I find him, full health (1100hp), shoot him once and he dodges my ram.  Had I rammed him I would have completed TD-15.4 and if it killed him it woul dhave been with honors. Then as I'm reloading we cap out.

Edited by Grasschopper, Mar 26 2017 - 17:35.

TheHQ #7488 Posted Mar 26 2017 - 20:00

Captain

• Players
  • 27409 battles
  • [PMAT] PMAT

Inadvertently 3-marking tanks:

Spoiler

fun

GAJohnnie #7489 Posted Mar 27 2017 - 13:22

Major

• Players
  • 8635 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_
I love my tier 6s but the plethora of tier 8s in the game being driver by low skill players is making them painful to play.

Edited by GAJohnnie, Mar 27 2017 - 13:26.

VooDooKobra #7490 Posted Mar 27 2017 - 13:58

Captain

• Players
  • 6256 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

View PostiAmEbola, on May 11 2015 - 14:00, said:

Hello everyone.  iAmEbola here, my previous account was cadbrowser.  I rage quit back in December of 2015 because I sucked really bad and told WG to remove my account.  I took a little over a month off and couldn't find anything that challenged or entertained me the way WoT did.  So, I came back and started over - I am a re-roll.

I started live streaming on my YouTube channel not long after I came back wanting to document my rise through the tiers.  My hope is to help new players in the lower to mid tiers (eventually high tiers too) learn some techniques like those written about in Lert's Guides so that their grind don't have to be so tedious and frustrating.  

I have my own TeamSpeak Server and I will platoon with anyone having a mic/speakers or headset and is willing to listen.  I will not turn away anyone that desires help.

I invite anyone to watch and provide constructive feedback to point out flaws so that I can continually learn and grow to get better at this game.

My Schedule (all Central Standard Time):

Currently Not Streaming

Spoiler

I want to thank all of those that have stuck with me and continue to support me and all that I do.  You are all awesome.  I will make regular updates to this thread.

Thank you.

-iAmEbola

iAmEbola Now On TWITCH!

Updated Live Stream Schedule

Edit: Created DwB Campaign & Updated Above Image To Campaign Link

Ebolaites' Headhunter Links

Click the Image to Obtain Imgur Skull Image Link

Click on Headhunter Link above for more info

iAmEbola's Collection

westdccs's Collection

hey man welcome back, I thought it has been a while since I had seen any of your posts.  I may take you up on that offer

GAJohnnie #7491 Posted Mar 28 2017 - 14:07

Major

• Players
  • 8635 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_
Talked to BT on Sunday for a brief moment in game. She is very busy but still in game from time to time.

Dunfalach #7492 Posted Yesterday, 06:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18149 battles

View PostSolidHex, on Mar 20 2017 - 18:16, said:

Same here!  I'd like to be a bit above but I often wonder if I can.  I highly doubt I could ever be purple.  

I'm actually pretty sure I could be purple, but it would take a much higher dedication to the game than I feel motivated/able right now to actually get myself there. There are more things I'd need to learn, and more things I'd need to practice, to be making decisions at that level.

However, I also think that most greens have at least the possibility of being purple inside them. Once you hit green consistently, you have a basic understanding of most of the decision making in the game. It's taking "I understand the reason that decision is made" and honing it into "I make that decision for myself accurately and almost instantaneously at almost all times under pressure" that's the biggest challenge from green to purple. Most of the rest is building up knowledge/experience of the different maps and the different tanks to improve the data your brain has to make the decisions. There's still the base mechanic of clicking accurately that can be improved as you go, but the accurate and quick decision making is the really big part.

View PostGAJohnnie, on Mar 21 2017 - 08:14, said:

I am 49.45. I am phycing myself out since I want to hit the magic 50. Need to realize even if I keep playing well the magic 50 is a long way to go given how many games I have played. But it a lot closer then I ever expected myself to get.

It will come faster than you expect but slower than you'd like, if you keep focusing on just playing well. I had more games than you when I hit mine, and actually didn't notice I had hit that threshold until someone mentioned it a few days into it. :D

View PostGrasschopper, on Mar 23 2017 - 17:55, said:

And I chatted with him a little.  Says he's trying to get back in the swing of things but doesn't like the way he's playing?

That's pretty much situation normal when he starts playing again, he's always harder on himself than he is on anyone else.

GAJohnnie #7493 Posted Yesterday, 09:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8635 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View PostDunfalach, on Mar 29 2017 - 12:40, said:

That's pretty much situation normal when he starts playing again, he's always harder on himself than he is on anyone else.

Good to see you Dun!

Dunfalach #7494 Posted Today, 07:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18149 battles

View PostGAJohnnie, on Mar 29 2017 - 15:02, said:

Good to see you Dun!

Thank you! It's been a while since I've played, been busy with real life and also spending a lot of time in either Rome: Total War or Fallout 4.

Currently close to winning R:TW with the Seleucid Empire, which is a trip and a half because you're basically guaranteed to be at war with no fewer than 3 factions at once throughout the entire game. After just a few turns I was in simultaneous war with Pontus, Armenia, Egypt, Parthia, Greece, and I think I'm forgetting one other neighbor. When I conquered Egypt, Carthage and Numidia decided to fight me (including Numidia backstabbing me in spite of an alliance because I took a rebel town they wanted). I conquered Armenia, Pontus, and that other I can't remember. Drove Parthia back to just their one northernmost province on the other side of a lake. I let them live because they're too far away for us to fight each other and the Scythians are at war with them so less likely to come invade me. I made alliance with the Scipii, and we had good times until they decided to invade me after they and the other Romans finished conquering western Europe (except Spain) and Greece. So now I'm at war with all the Romans. Scythia and Britain are the only northern European powers still standing. Spain is mostly Spanish except for one British settlement and one Carthaginian city. Numidia only has one town left, right below Spain. Carthage has one island still, besides the one city in Spain. I finally convinced the Carthaginians to accept a ceasefire after years of war. They were too weak to actually threaten me but I needed one less distraction, and they're allies with the Britannians whom I would kind of like to convince to ally with me against Rome (given Rome is invading them too).

So now my full attention is on the war with those pesky Romans. I've wiped out the Scipii completely, putting me on the doorstep of Rome itself, and destroyed one of three Senatorial armies in the process which attempted to relieve the last Scipii settlement from my siege and ended up being wiped out. That was an epic battle in which my 2000+ troops beat over 4000 Romans in 3 armies. My one unit of war elephants actually managed to create a cascade rout in the weakest of the three armies by itself, which was kinda hilarious! I had sent the elephants just to delay that army while I fought the other two, so it worked out better than I hoped! Meanwhile, I've lost count of how many Brutii armies have tried and failed to conquer Byzantium from me. I'd say at least 20,000 Romans have died trying to take it without success, including multiple family members. Another one of my cities in western Greece has been alternately under siege from Julii, Brutii, and sometimes both. I'd say at least 10,000 have died there. Really the biggest threat to me right  now is the population unrest caused by having an empire that stretches from western Africa to the middle east. Cities in R:TW have an unrest factor for being a long way away from your capital. I've had to put down two revolts already.

Toejamit #7495 Posted Today, 07:58 PM

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
You poor bastards.

Edited by Toejamit, Today, 07:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users