Jump to content


Newbie Live Stream Redux

YouTube Channel iAmEbola Learning All Tiers Reinventing

  • Please log in to reply
8395 replies to this topic

Dunfalach #8381 Posted Nov 26 2017 - 15:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 18724 battles
  • 4,779
  • [S-F] S-F
  • Member since:
    01-07-2012

I originally wrote the below in responding to someone on another thread on another forum, but got some good feedback about it so I thought it might be worth adding here.

 

It's important to note that blowouts are not exclusively caused by bad play. That's not to say that there aren't ones caused by bad play, because there definitely are plenty of times the losing team in a blowout played badly. But blowouts can also be caused by good play and even by accident, due to the nature of tank warfare. If you take a look at the league players, some of their matches go down to the wire with the last few players but others are still blowouts because one team gets a tiny advantage in one place and the other team can't act fast enough to counter it. This is because the exact design of tank warfare is to create a local advantage and then use mobility to roll up the enemy before they can concentrate to stop the steamroller. It's a breakthrough weapon designed to put the enemy off balance and keep him there. The lack of any real coordination of teammates in random matches just makes them that much more vulnerable to it. The fact that most players on both teams are bad to average means that neither team usually has many players (if any) who know how to stop a steamroller if it starts, so once one starts you're often on your own to try to fix it and one tank with some idea what to do is rarely enough once you lose your first 5 or so tanks. You can't be everywhere and cascade failures to send start.

 

Often the lack of a real blowout is also caused not so much by good play as by timid play on both sides, creating a grinding slugging match rather than exploiting breakthrough opportunities.



TheHQ #8382 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 20:42

    Captain

  • Players
  • 32185 battles
  • 1,399
  • Member since:
    02-15-2013
tbh blowouts became more prevalent when WG influenced the length of the game to be shorter. they used to be 7-8 mins long but now theyre 5mins long on avg. Im pretty sure most blowout matches take somewhere between 3-5 mins. WG should make the length of each match longer to prevent this

Dunfalach #8383 Posted Dec 18 2017 - 06:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 18724 battles
  • 4,779
  • [S-F] S-F
  • Member since:
    01-07-2012
Just to let folks know, I'm getting married next week, which is keeping me pretty busy with preparations. :) I think we've all been kind of quiet with the holiday season and also some burnouts along the way. But wanted to share that with folks and also wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

GAJohnnie #8384 Posted Dec 18 2017 - 17:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 9154 battles
  • 6,321
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View PostDunfalach, on Dec 18 2017 - 00:31, said:

Just to let folks know, I'm getting married next week, which is keeping me pretty busy with preparations. :) I think we've all been kind of quiet with the holiday season and also some burnouts along the way. But wanted to share that with folks and also wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

 

Congratulations!

 

Part of the quite has been a hectic work schedule part of it is a very persistent bout of flu. I have not felt well since Thanksgiving. It just will not go away. Everyone in my office has a touch of it. Not enough to disable just enough to make everything miserable.



SolidHex #8385 Posted Dec 19 2017 - 00:43

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5177 battles
  • 575
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012
I don't have much to report.  Same old struggles and trying to overcome them, the game and in RL.  

Dunfalach #8386 Posted Dec 19 2017 - 02:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 18724 battles
  • 4,779
  • [S-F] S-F
  • Member since:
    01-07-2012

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 18 2017 - 11:09, said:

 

Congratulations!

 

Part of the quite has been a hectic work schedule part of it is a very persistent bout of flu. I have not felt well since Thanksgiving. It just will not go away. Everyone in my office has a touch of it. Not enough to disable just enough to make everything miserable.

 

Persistent cough that comes and goes, possibly? I had what seemed like a massive allergy bout a couple of weeks ago that turned into laryngitis from sinus drainage and then a chest cough that has just kinda hung around after the rest of it cleared.

GAJohnnie #8387 Posted Dec 19 2017 - 14:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 9154 battles
  • 6,321
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View PostDunfalach, on Dec 18 2017 - 20:45, said:

 

Persistent cough that comes and goes, possibly? I had what seemed like a massive allergy bout a couple of weeks ago that turned into laryngitis from sinus drainage and then a chest cough that has just kinda hung around after the rest of it cleared.

 

Yep have a guy here with the exact same thing. Mine seems stuck in my sinuses

mongoosejake #8388 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 21:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 32229 battles
  • 5,199
  • [S-F] S-F
  • Member since:
    11-02-2012

View PostDunfalach, on Dec 18 2017 - 00:31, said:

Just to let folks know, I'm getting married next week, which is keeping me pretty busy with preparations. :) I think we've all been kind of quiet with the holiday season and also some burnouts along the way. But wanted to share that with folks and also wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

 

I'll say congrats to you here as I did in clan chat! 

 

I'm not burned out by the game, but most certainly am by work. Non stop 60+ hour weeks for the past few months has gotten really really old. It takes so much time away from fun stuff and family time. I'm planning to get out of that position and hopefully into a new one within a couple months so I have more time for the good stuff. Trying at the moment to 3 mark my Nashorn and Pz Sfl IVc and that can be challenging, with the fact that many maps are not suited to a zero armor TD that relies on stealth and ranged attacks.



SolidHex #8389 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 13:29

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5177 battles
  • 575
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

Bought myself 25 boxes of Traditional stuff and...

 

Ended up with 3 T8 tanks!  T26E5, Lorr. 40 t, and a Type 59.  None of which I feel I should have at the "skill" I have now (I certainly wouldn't have bought them yet).  They may have to collect digi-dust until I feel the time is right for me to use them, but it's cool none the less!  



Dunfalach #8390 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 17:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 18724 battles
  • 4,779
  • [S-F] S-F
  • Member since:
    01-07-2012

View PostSolidHex, on Dec 22 2017 - 07:29, said:

Bought myself 25 boxes of Traditional stuff and...

 

Ended up with 3 T8 tanks!  T26E5, Lorr. 40 t, and a Type 59.  None of which I feel I should have at the "skill" I have now (I certainly wouldn't have bought them yet).  They may have to collect digi-dust until I feel the time is right for me to use them, but it's cool none the less!  

 

Maybe we'll eventually get a Type 59 platoon going if we all happen to be on at the same time. :D BTW, Type 59 and T-34-3 platoon well together. They all get pref MM and mobility is similar. The Types can cover the T-34-3 while it reloads while the T-34-3 gives the platoon an intimidating single shot damage to cover the Type's somewhat weak per shot damage.

SolidHex #8391 Posted Dec 23 2017 - 00:36

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5177 battles
  • 575
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012
I'll have to get a Chinese crew first as I only played one game in the teir 1 tank when the Chinese line came out and never went further.  

mongoosejake #8392 Posted Dec 24 2017 - 21:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 32229 battles
  • 5,199
  • [S-F] S-F
  • Member since:
    11-02-2012

I don't normally post my videos here, but when I 3 mark my favorite tank in the game, I'll break that self-made rule, lol.

 

A little video with me chatting about the Panther with my 3rd MoE battle in the background:

 



mongoosejake #8393 Posted Jan 01 2018 - 17:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 32229 battles
  • 5,199
  • [S-F] S-F
  • Member since:
    11-02-2012

Something completely different for my channel... 

 

Let me know what you guys think!

 



SolidHex #8394 Posted Jan 03 2018 - 01:32

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5177 battles
  • 575
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012
Nice "Quack" for the duck! :D

Dunfalach #8395 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 05:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 18724 battles
  • 4,779
  • [S-F] S-F
  • Member since:
    01-07-2012
Just stopping by to let folks know that I'm alive. Survived the wedding, and on to the next stage of getting a life for two properly arranged, especially the endless paperwork!

mongoosejake #8396 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 06:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 32229 battles
  • 5,199
  • [S-F] S-F
  • Member since:
    11-02-2012

View PostDunfalach, on Jan 12 2018 - 23:59, said:

Just stopping by to let folks know that I'm alive. Survived the wedding, and on to the next stage of getting a life for two properly arranged, especially the endless paperwork!

 

Congrats Dun!

 

Been busy myself, so no playing for me lately... 






3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users