YouTube Channel iAmEbola Learning All Tiers Reinventing

• Please log in to reply
9026 replies to this topic

_Promote_Synergy_ #9021 Posted Yesterday, 08:32 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15849 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

Sometimes it is best to step away from the game for a week or two and enjoy something else. You are at the "plateau".

For a while I was stuck at 2-2.2k recent wn8 and couldn't break into the 3k+. Literally this is how I got to 3k wn8, my kinda secret. I stopped really super analyzing matches when I play. Its mostly on instinct and feel for what I am about to do. Sure I do think, not like I a potato when I play. Below is my though process when I load in.

Look at the MM tier spread. The map, tank location meta. Then I look at the enemy team and see what tanks they have and quickly get a feel for what positions they can get into. Lastly I look at my team comp and play accordingly to the map meta for myself and watch my allies deploy to the positions to see if I need to quickly hop to the other side of the map.

dunniteowl #9022 Posted Yesterday, 08:36 PM

Major

• -Players-
  • 22094 battles

View PostiAmEbola, on Oct 15 2018 - 13:22, said:

Wish I knew why I keep failing.  Every time I think I figure something out, my stats indicate I just keep getting worse and worse.  And it continues on a downward spiral.  This doesn't inspire any desire to keep banging my head against the wall.  The only stat that continues to show an upward trend is aDpB.  Everything else is down and has stayed that way over 1k battles.  And it keeps getting worse.

Fear NOT!  Well, maybe fear a little bit.  Last year, I had a slump that took me through January to March.  I had a very slow, though consistently steady slide downwards.  At that time,  had just crossed the 50% threshold a few months before.  I went from 50.21% all the way back down to 49.78% in that time.  When you consider the "distance" traveled in that equation, it's a mere 0.5%, which is really nothing to be concerned over, getting right down to it.

Sometimes, the meta changes enough to throw off your style. Other times, honestly, you end up having to 'carry' another 3 to 4 times your HP in stupid just to lose by a margin of two tanks.  This sort of stuff happens from time to time.  It should be happening to you a lot less than it does for me (although your current % as a re-roll is generally on par with my last two years of recent WR%  ) or for folks with lower overalls/recents.

Each time we get an update with new vehicles (that are popular) or some changes to the mechanics that take some adjustment time.  If your damage is going up, even if only a little bit at a time, then the issue could be that you have yet to absorb the changes to the meta of the game -- which may be extremely minor, though can 'bash' players who haven't yet figured out how to adjust.

I'm bouncing back and forth between adjusting and figuring out, "adjust what, exactly?"  I feel you, man.  Hang in there and don't let it infect your mood.

OvO

iAmEbola #9023 Posted Yesterday, 09:10 PM

Major

• -Players-
  • 11470 battles

View Post_Promote_Synergy_, on Oct 15 2018 - 13:32, said:

Sometimes it is best to step away from the game for a week or two and enjoy something else. You are at the "plateau".

For a while I was stuck at 2-2.2k recent wn8 and couldn't break into the 3k+. Literally this is how I got to 3k wn8, my kinda secret. I stopped really super analyzing matches when I play. Its mostly on instinct and feel for what I am about to do. Sure I do think, not like I a potato when I play. Below is my though process when I load in.

Look at the MM tier spread. The map, tank location meta. Then I look at the enemy team and see what tanks they have and quickly get a feel for what positions they can get into. Lastly I look at my team comp and play accordingly to the map meta for myself and watch my allies deploy to the positions to see if I need to quickly hop to the other side of the map.

A plateau indicates stagnation...I'm on a downward spiral and have been for 60 days.  Last time I took a break from the game it was almost 2 years...lol  

I understand what you are saying, just down because I just keep getting worse.  So, IDK.  

I do everything in the same way you suggest.  The only exception is the part regarding the map meta; I don't think I'm in tune yet with that; so many things have changed since I played last.  

View Postdunniteowl, on Oct 15 2018 - 13:36, said:

Fear NOT!  Well, maybe fear a little bit.  Last year, I had a slump that took me through January to March.  I had a very slow, though consistently steady slide downwards.  At that time,  had just crossed the 50% threshold a few months before.  I went from 50.21% all the way back down to 49.78% in that time.  When you consider the "distance" traveled in that equation, it's a mere 0.5%, which is really nothing to be concerned over, getting right down to it.

Sometimes, the meta changes enough to throw off your style. Other times, honestly, you end up having to 'carry' another 3 to 4 times your HP in stupid just to lose by a margin of two tanks.  This sort of stuff happens from time to time.  It should be happening to you a lot less than it does for me (although your current % as a re-roll is generally on par with my last two years of recent WR%  ) or for folks with lower overalls/recents.

Each time we get an update with new vehicles (that are popular) or some changes to the mechanics that take some adjustment time.  If your damage is going up, even if only a little bit at a time, then the issue could be that you have yet to absorb the changes to the meta of the game -- which may be extremely minor, though can 'bash' players who haven't yet figured out how to adjust.

I'm bouncing back and forth between adjusting and figuring out, "adjust what, exactly?"  I feel you, man.  Hang in there and don't let it infect your mood.

OvO

Thanks dunniteowl.  Good to have you in the thread.  I've always appreciated your encouragement to others.  

_Promote_Synergy_ #9024 Posted Yesterday, 09:16 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15849 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostiAmEbola, on Oct 15 2018 - 20:10, said:

A plateau indicates stagnation...I'm on a downward spiral and have been for 60 days.  Last time I took a break from the game it was almost 2 years...lol  

I understand what you are saying, just down because I just keep getting worse.  So, IDK.  

I do everything in the same way you suggest.  The only exception is the part regarding the map meta; I don't think I'm in tune yet with that; so many things have changed since I played last.  

Or it can be your skill ceiling. I wouldn't fret over it too much my man.

Here message someone in game and tell him I sent you. N3rv3. He can give you ideas on what you did wrong in replays and what your next move should be.

iAmEbola #9025 Posted Yesterday, 09:24 PM

Major

• -Players-
  • 11470 battles

View Post_Promote_Synergy_, on Oct 15 2018 - 14:16, said:

Or it can be your skill ceiling. I wouldn't fret over it too much my man.

Here message someone in game and tell him I sent you. N3rv3. He can give you ideas on what you did wrong in replays and what your next move should be.

Before I left, N3rv3 was a regular instructor for my teaching clan I had.  Last time I contacted him when I came back, he acted like he didn't remember me or care to talk to me.  Can't blame him though, honestly.  I kinda dropped off the face of the earth.  Oh well.

GAJohnnie #9026 Posted Yesterday, 10:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9484 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Oct 15 2018 - 14:36, said:

t.

OvO

Good to see you Dun!

SolidHex #9027 Posted Yesterday, 11:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5492 battles

View PostiAmEbola, on Oct 15 2018 - 06:39, said:

Sorry about getting irritated and just bailing.  Wasn't you.  It was my own performance.  Although that one on Stepps where I faced off against like 3 tanks and ended up racking up over 2.5k damage in my T-34-3 was quite fun.  I was pretty irritated though that I could NOT for the life of me get any hits on that Tiger II.  I probably would've had an extra 1.5k damage if RNG wasn't being so mean.  Can't remember, did we win that one?  

Yeah it was me and an Emil (I think) left.  I was trying to play with 500 or so ping and it finally went back down to under 100 near the end.  Do you know how hard it is to peek-a-boom with that lol!

Good news is Sat. I had good ping for an hour and played the T40 a bit.  Games were better too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users