• Please log in to reply
7665 replies to this topic

GAJohnnie #21 Posted May 12 2015 - 17:21

Major

• Players
  • 8700 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View PostiAmEbola, on May 11 2015 - 16:00, said:

Hello everyone.  iAmEbola here, my previous account was cadbrowser.  I rage quit back in December because I sucked really bad and told WG to remove my account.  I took a little over a month off and couldn't find anything that challenged or entertained me the way WoT did.  So, I came back and started over - I am a re-roll.  For a more in-depth story click HERE.

I started live streaming on my YouTube channel not long after I came back wanting to document my rise through the tiers.  My hope is to help new players in the lower to mid tiers (eventually high tiers too) learn some techniques like those written about in Lert's Guides so that their grind don't have to be so tedious and frustrating.  

I have my own TeamSpeak Server and I will platoon with anyone having a mic/speakers or headset and is willing to listen.  I will not turn away anyone that desires help.

I invite anyone to watch and provide constructive feedback to point out flaws so that I can continually learn and grow to get better at this game.

My Schedule:

Monday/Wednesday : 6pm to 9pm Central Standard Time.  

Tuesday/Thursday : 7pm - 9pm Live Stream

Friday : See Below*

Saturday : Random - Reserved for special or "make-up" Live Stream Events

Sunday : Varies

*My job provides me with the opportunity to have every other Friday off.  On the Fridays that I do have off, I am available pretty much all day long.  From 6pm - 10pm I will be looking to Live Stream the Operation TOG Drop events.

On the Fridays that I do have to work, I will be available from 6pm to whenever I fall asleep.*

I want to thank all of those that have stuck with me and continue to support me and all that I do.  You are all awesome.  I will make regular updates to this thread.

Thank you.

-iAmEbola

So what is on the stream tonight? Look forward to it

GAJohnnie #22 Posted May 12 2015 - 17:26

Major

• Players
  • 8700 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 12 2015 - 11:20, said:

I'd be happy to pontoon with ya, but I'll settle for enjoying some streaming.  :D

Tsavo

I have admired your Signature block for months. As a fellow wisea##, I would enjoy watching you play with Ebola. Hope you two can do a few sets on line some day.

GAJohnnie #23 Posted May 12 2015 - 17:30

Major

• Players
  • 8700 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

Ebola

Thank you for sticking with this. I was very frustrated with the way this whole situation evolved but am impressed by the way you handled it. Thank you for persevering with your thread and your stream. I think it fills a valuable niche in the WOT community. I think we need more streamers, at various skill levels. +1 for the time and effort you put in.

iAmEbola #24 Posted May 12 2015 - 18:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 10053 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View Postwestdccs, on May 12 2015 - 10:16, said:

Welcome back to streaming. I wish I had more time at the moment to join you in some games, but I'm in the middle of trying to move with all the junk that entails. We should be in our new place sometime after the first of next month and perhaps at that time I'll return to a semi-normal schedule. In the mean time, I will be watching your streams.

If I might offer a bit of advice, especially for the benefit of watching a stream after the fact, repeating the question or advice from your chat window would be very beneficial. There are several times in the SU-100Y debut where you respond to a comment, but it is difficult to figure out the context of your response. Not a huge thing, but would be very helpful for those streams post event.

Keep on chugging away!

Thank you very much.  Its all good.  I know thoroughly the pains of moving.  I appreciate your support!

Excellent advice, I will endeavor to make sure to include the context to which I am answering a question.  Thank you for that input.

Choo choo...

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 12 2015 - 10:20, said:

I'd be happy to pontoon with ya, but I'll settle for enjoying some streaming.  :D

That would be awesome _Tsavo_, I would love nothing more than to platoon with you!  Would you be available this Thursday to be my special guest during the live stream event?

View PostGAJohnnie, on May 12 2015 - 10:21, said:

So what is on the stream tonight? Look forward to it

Announcement to be made very shortly!

View PostGAJohnnie, on May 12 2015 - 10:30, said:

Ebola

Thank you for sticking with this. I was very frustrated with the way this whole situation evolved but am impressed by the way you handled it. Thank you for persevering with your thread and your stream. I think it fills a valuable niche in the WOT community. I think we need more streamers, at various skill levels. +1 for the time and effort you put in.

It was the overwhelming support by you and the others despite my mistake that has kept me going.  I thank you and everyone for the support and encouragement to continue my goal of providing help to those that need and want it.  If I could, I'd +1 all of you into oblivion.  

I appreciate each and every [edited] one of you.

Edited by iAmEbola, May 13 2015 - 15:06.

iAmEbola #25 Posted May 12 2015 - 19:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 10053 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

iAmEbola

PRESENTS

STRONGHOLDS

WITH

Tear Farmers Anonymous [QQ]

Whatcha Cry'n For?

7:00PM to 9:00PM CST

I will be playing my Type 64 that was gifted to me by stormoffires and NoHaxHere from the debut live stream event a week ago.  I tested it out with them last night and I pulled almost 900 damage; I am so going to like this a lot!  Here we go again!

Zakume #26 Posted May 13 2015 - 03:44

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 29870 battles

View PostGAJohnnie, on May 12 2015 - 16:30, said:

I think we need more streamers, at various skill levels. 

While I agree we need more streamers in general, and ones that play all sorts of tiers, you have to be very careful with newbie or lower tier streamers. From a learning perspective, you want to have the correct information to go on, and the best advice you can get so you can improve the most. Other than the top players, there doesn't seem to many who understand or know various things about the game and if someone streams who says incorrect things, then there will be a problem. From an entertainment point of view though, it doesn't matter how much knowledge the streamer has as long as they aren't trying to tell others that what they think is correct if it is not. 

Some of the hardest people to teach or give advice to are people that think they are right, who are very ingrained in doing something wrong that they think is right, because they have been doing it for so long; something they probably learned that was thought to be true, but isn't. One of the reasons why I try to help new players is to get in front of that intersection, and give the correct knowledge about the game from the start. :child:

Edited by Zakume, May 13 2015 - 03:45.

iAmEbola #27 Posted May 13 2015 - 13:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 10053 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 13 2015 - 04:06, said:

Sure thing!  I assume you've got a TS you use during this?

Yes sir, I certainly do.  I'll PM it to you.  Thanks.

I see you are a "Casual Artist", do you have an online portfolio?

GAJohnnie #28 Posted May 13 2015 - 13:22

Major

• Players
  • 8700 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View PostZakume, on May 12 2015 - 21:44, said:

While I agree we need more streamers in general, and ones that play all sorts of tiers, you have to be very careful with newbie or lower tier streamers. From a learning perspective, you want to have the correct information to go on, and the best advice you can get so you can improve the most. Other than the top players, there doesn't seem to many who understand or know various things about the game and if someone streams who says incorrect things, then there will be a problem. From an entertainment point of view though, it doesn't matter how much knowledge the streamer has as long as they aren't trying to tell others that what they think is correct if it is not. 

Some of the hardest people to teach or give advice to are people that think they are right, who are very ingrained in doing something wrong that they think is right, because they have been doing it for so long; something they probably learned that was thought to be true, but isn't. One of the reasons why I try to help new players is to get in front of that intersection, and give the correct knowledge about the game from the start. :child:

Yes that is a good point.

iAmEbola #29 Posted May 13 2015 - 13:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 10053 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_
Ok...I'm looking at the Berlin Quartet package.  I am very surprised to see that you get the 4 newest premium tanks, a crew with BIA (I assume they come @100% as well), 4 garage slots, & 30 days of premium time.  All for only $75.  I think I may have to make another foolish purchase to add these babies to my collection.

Edited by iAmEbola, May 13 2015 - 13:49.

GAJohnnie #30 Posted May 13 2015 - 13:57

Major

• Players
  • 8700 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View PostiAmEbola, on May 13 2015 - 07:49, said:

Ok...I'm looking at the Berlin Quartet package.  I am very surprised to see that you get the 4 newest premium tanks, a crew with BIA (I assume they come @100% as well), 4 garage slots, & 30 days of premium time.  All for only $75.  I think I may have to make another foolish purchase to add these babies to my collection.

Based on everything I have read, you most certainly want to get these.

Grasschopper #31 Posted May 13 2015 - 14:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 31167 battles
  • [TEMPL] TEMPL

View PostiAmEbola, on May 13 2015 - 07:49, said:

I've got them and everything you've said is correct.  The IS-2 and Bromwell have been pretty nice.  I haven't played the regular T-34-85 so I can't compare the Rudy but I haven't been able to really make it work and same with the ISU-122S.  Need more time in those I guess.  But the IS-2 and Bromwell are literally buffed versions of the regular tanks and come with 100% plus BiA crews and you're working on your first skill (like the SiS).

iAmEbola #32 Posted May 13 2015 - 14:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 10053 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View PostGAJohnnie, on May 13 2015 - 06:57, said:

Based on everything I have read, you most certainly want to get these.

Hmmm...I guess I'll have to work on my subtlety next time.  :P

I think the wife would kill me if I did though.

View PostGrasschopper, on May 13 2015 - 07:08, said:

I've got them and everything you've said is correct.  The IS-2 and Bromwell have been pretty nice.  I haven't played the regular T-34-85 so I can't compare the Rudy but I haven't been able to really make it work and same with the ISU-122S.  Need more time in those I guess.  But the IS-2 and Bromwell are literally buffed versions of the regular tanks and come with 100% plus BiA crews and you're working on your first skill (like the SiS).

I'm sure you'll be able to figure the Rudy & ISU-122S in time.  Have you looked at their standard counterparts on the Wiki to see what the recommended playstyle is for them? 

What I am wondering is if the Crew compliment for these are the same as their standard counterparts.  For example, the M4 Sherman has the exact same crew size & type as the Ram II; so moving them over for training is easy.  However, the crew size and type for the T-34 is not the same as the Matilda IV...which makes it a bit of a pain that I will always have 1 crew member not training in a premium like the others.

Edit: Looks like the Cromwell B is exactly the same as the Cromwell; T-34-85 Rudy has 1 extra crewmen than the T-34-85; IS-2 looks like an excellent 1 to 1 trainer for the KV-85 : IS : IS-3 : & IS-8 ; and finally the SU-122S has a 1:1 crew for the SU-100, 1 more for the SU-85.

Hmmm...not bad; but it'd be nicer if they made better sense of these Premium vehicles. 

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 13 2015 - 07:11, said:

Yeah, the 4 crews will be at 100% basic training on each tank as well as having BIA at 100%.  You can retrain the crews to other tanks and still keep BIA.  

I only jumped on the Bromwell as I've only allotted myself a small amount of expendable monies.  Had this dropped next month, I'd have purchased the 4 pack.   All of the tanks in the package are good-to-excellent and the Bromwell is just straight stupid in all the right ways.

I would most likely do that.  Take the Bromwell's (LOL) crew and retrain them to the Cromwell (when I get it) and retrain BIA the following way:

Commander - Sixth Sense
Gunner - Snap Shot
Driver - Smooth Ride or Clutch Braking
Radio Operator - Situational Awareness
Loader - ?

Or 

Commander - Sixth Sense
Gunner - Camouflage
Driver - Camouflage
Loader - Camouflage

Thoughts?

Grasschopper #33 Posted May 13 2015 - 15:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 31167 battles
  • [TEMPL] TEMPL
Yes I actually parked the Bromwell crew and am running my Cromwell crew, which is 52% on their 3rd skill, in both tanks.  I sold my IS and moved the crew up when I got the IS-3 so I am actually running the IS-2 crew in that tank but some day it will get retrained to something else.

iAmEbola #34 Posted May 13 2015 - 15:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 10053 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_
Too bad you can't "liquidate" the assets of a prior crew and convert them to like "crew XP" so that you could distribute them to another crew.  Hmmm...I might make that kind of a suggestion.

kier321 #35 Posted May 13 2015 - 15:08

Captain

• Players
  • 15223 battles
  • [EMIYA] EMIYA

View PostiAmEbola, on May 13 2015 - 14:59, said:

Hmmm...I guess I'll have to work on my subtlety next time.  :P

I think the wife would kill me if I did though.

I'm sure you'll be able to figure the Rudy & ISU-122S in time.  Have you looked at their standard counterparts on the Wiki to see what the recommended playstyle is for them? 

What I am wondering is if the Crew compliment for these are the same as their standard counterparts.  For example, the M4 Sherman has the exact same crew size & type as the Ram II; so moving them over for training is easy.  However, the crew size and type for the T-34 is not the same as the Matilda IV...which makes it a bit of a pain that I will always have 1 crew member not training in a premium like the others.

Edit: Looks like the Cromwell B is exactly the same as the Cromwell; T-34-85 Rudy has 1 extra crewmen than the T-34-85; IS-2 looks like an excellent 1 to 1 trainer for the KV-85 : IS : IS-3 : & IS-8 ; and finally the SU-122S has a 1:1 crew for the SU-100, 1 more for the SU-85.

Hmmm...not bad; but it'd be nicer if they made better sense of these Premium vehicles. 

I would most likely do that.  Take the Bromwell's (LOL) crew and retrain them to the Cromwell (when I get it) and retrain BIA the following way:

Commander - Sixth Sense
Gunner - Snap Shot
Driver - Smooth Ride or Clutch Braking
Loader - ?

Or 

Commander - Sixth Sense
Gunner - Camouflage
Driver - Camouflage
Loader - Camouflage

Thoughts?

If you retrain them you lose them as they are 0xp skills but adding more skills is like female crews, BIA doesn't count, so they train fast

SmirkingGerbil #36 Posted May 13 2015 - 15:18

Major

• Players
  • 33580 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
You jumped on me in your Bromwell the other night TSAVO (in a toon of 3), I was honored, scared and fought like hell . . . in the end my poor little Rudy and my little Ma Deuce pubby friend could not hold you off. I also have the Bromwell and that thing is frighteningly fun to play.

Edited by SmirkingGerbil, May 13 2015 - 15:18.

GAJohnnie #37 Posted May 13 2015 - 15:22

Major

• Players
  • 8700 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_
So what makes the Bromie so awesome?

SmirkingGerbil #38 Posted May 13 2015 - 15:26

Major

• Players
  • 33580 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 13 2015 - 08:21, said:

I missed this park, but I don't actually have a proper portfolio as my work isn't good enough or professional enough for me to warrant a portfolio yet.

I'm just going to link the images and not spam them

Just a mix of things I have online, which is a small portion of what I've done.  I used to have a deviantart page, but let that die years ago.

I'm sorry :C

I think you said something just as the match ended but I didn't catch the name before we went to the results page.  3 Bromwells in a platoon are a force to be reckoned with, especially if I'm leading the... uh... pain train :P

LOL, yeah, some guy was crying about getting hit by arty, and I commented along the lines that he had nothing to cry about, as I just got jumped by a TSAVO toon!

SmirkingGerbil #39 Posted May 13 2015 - 15:30

Major

• Players
  • 33580 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostGAJohnnie, on May 13 2015 - 08:22, said:

So what makes the Bromie so awesome?

From my perspective, as I have no experience in it (or the Cromwell), but I love the Easy 8 and do well in it (currently at 65% in the Bromwell after 40 or so games).

The Bromwell as compared to the Easy 8:

1.) Faster to speed and in turns (on level clean terrain).

2.) Good gun depression, not quite on par with Easy, but pretty damn close.

3.) High ROF, good pen (on par with Easy).

4.) Dat traverse and mobility!!!!!!

5.) Can circle jerk better than the Easy.

The only downside? On bad terrain the Bromwell hemorrhages speed.

If you like the Easy and do well in it, this thing is like a Easy on crack!

Edited by SmirkingGerbil, May 13 2015 - 15:35.

western_explorer #40 Posted May 13 2015 - 15:49

Private

• -Players-
  • 68 battles
iAmEbola, looks like the trolls are trying to kill your reputation again. I don't get why this community can't forgive and move on to other pursuits. I'm also a new player that has very few battles and I have found your streams very informative. So what if you re-rolled -- in some ways I think that actually gives you more credibility. You've already done it wrong once and now you want to do it the right way. We, as a community, get to benefit from it. I for one hope to continue to learn from your streams.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users