• Please log in to reply
7492 replies to this topic

iAmEbola #41 Posted May 13 2015 - 15:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 9940 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View Postkier321, on May 13 2015 - 08:08, said:

If you retrain them you lose them as they are 0xp skills but adding more skills is like female crews, BIA doesn't count, so they train fast

Oh really?  Bah...well, that kinda sucks then.  *grumble grumble grumble*

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 13 2015 - 08:21, said:

I missed this park, but I don't actually have a proper portfolio as my work isn't good enough or professional enough for me to warrant a portfolio yet.

I'm just going to link the images and not spam them

Just a mix of things I have online, which is a small portion of what I've done.  I used to have a deviantart page, but let that die years ago.

No worries.  I'll check 'em out.  :)

Christ man...these are awesome!  Casual Artist my A$$! I should hire you to do some artwork for me.  What are your rates?

Edited by iAmEbola, May 13 2015 - 16:03.

iAmEbola #42 Posted May 13 2015 - 16:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 9940 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View Postwestern_explorer, on May 13 2015 - 08:49, said:

iAmEbola, looks like the trolls are trying to kill your reputation again. I don't get why this community can't forgive and move on to other pursuits. I'm also a new player that has very few battles and I have found your streams very informative. So what if you re-rolled -- in some ways I think that actually gives you more credibility. You've already done it wrong once and now you want to do it the right way. We, as a community, get to benefit from it. I for one hope to continue to learn from your streams.

Thank you for your support.  I am always glad to hear that my goal to help others is working.  Trolls will be trolls, I'll just ignore them and keep winning against them.  Well, the ones that actually play.  I think WoT should RO any account from the forums where there is more than 30 days of zero battle count.  As those trolls don't really ever play the game anymore, they just post nonsense from time to time...in between their bans.  Or they create alt accounts with minimal battles so they can keep posting crap.

iAmEbola #43 Posted May 13 2015 - 17:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 9940 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 13 2015 - 10:32, said:

I actually don't have rates, every now and then I'll do gift work for other guys, but I don't do commissions.  Sorry, I don't feel adequate enough to do art for cash at the moment.  When I finish my animation degree, it's a possibility :D

But...but...but...I want something now!  What about a barter?  I get you premium time/gold/tank (IS-2?) in trade for some artwork? 

GAJohnnie #44 Posted May 13 2015 - 17:52

Major

• Players
  • 8635 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_
I look forward to watching you guys Thursday

SmirkingGerbil #45 Posted May 13 2015 - 17:52

Major

• Players
  • 33570 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 13 2015 - 10:32, said:

I actually don't have rates, every now and then I'll do gift work for other guys, but I don't do commissions.  Sorry, I don't feel adequate enough to do art for cash at the moment.  When I finish my animation degree, it's a possibility :D

My son is pursuing a career in this area. Would you mind if I pointed him to your links? Maybe had him engage you in conversation through WT pm's?

iAmEbola #46 Posted May 13 2015 - 18:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 9940 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 13 2015 - 10:56, said:

I'm always willing to at least look into things, shoot me a PM with what you've got in mind, I'm not up to much else this week other than tanks and... well... tanks

PM Sent

SireMaxus #47 Posted May 13 2015 - 19:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10487 battles
  • [-NXL-] -NXL-

View PostiAmEbola, on May 13 2015 - 10:56, said:

Oh really?  Bah...well, that kinda sucks then.  *grumble grumble grumble*

Kinda sucks!? are you serious?? BiA is like having Vents installed on your tank, free or charge (pocket that 500K or 600K) but if you include Vents the you add up 5% from BiA + 5% from Vents... that's a lot... think about it... it's not a bad thing at all...

Cheers,

iAmEbola #48 Posted May 13 2015 - 19:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 9940 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View PostSireMaxus, on May 13 2015 - 12:10, said:

Kinda sucks!? are you serious?? BiA is like having Vents installed on your tank, free or charge (pocket that 500K or 600K) but if you include Vents the you add up 5% from BiA + 5% from Vents... that's a lot... think about it... it's not a bad thing at all...

Cheers,

HAHA...I get it.  I'm not trying to say that BIA is worthless, it it usually better as a 3rd perk/skill rather than the 1st one.  You are right, the benefit is MUCH better than having none at all.  

SireMaxus #49 Posted May 13 2015 - 19:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10487 battles
  • [-NXL-] -NXL-

View PostiAmEbola, on May 13 2015 - 14:15, said:

HAHA...I get it.  I'm not trying to say that BIA is worthless, it it usually better as a 3rd perk/skill rather than the 1st one.  You are right, the benefit is MUCH better than having none at all.  

Yeah, I get what you say.. I've been wondering about BiA as first or not for quite a while and in the meanwhile assigning other skills to the crew so I get more from the tank (like more view range, repair faster, etc.), but now maybe we can discuss this.. right?

I'm about to get the second skill about 40% in a tank and was considering re-training that skill to get 6th sense for the commander, but maybe if I change all first skill to BiA would be a better choice..

My hypothesis is that usually people select BiA as third skill because it is a perk and not a skill, so it takes a lot of time to be active in the tank. But, having it as first skill should improve any and all abilities that the crew is using/developing.

What do you think? maybe Zakume or _Tsavo_ can help us (specially me) to nail this issue... 

Cheers,

_Laserguided_ #50 Posted May 13 2015 - 19:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23608 battles

View PostSireMaxus, on May 13 2015 - 10:29, said:

Yeah, I get what you say.. I've been wondering about BiA as first or not for quite a while and in the meanwhile assigning other skills to the crew so I get more from the tank (like more view range, repair faster, etc.), but now maybe we can discuss this.. right?

I'm about to get the second skill about 40% in a tank and was considering re-training that skill to get 6th sense for the commander, but maybe if I change all first skill to BiA would be a better choice..

My hypothesis is that usually people select BiA as third skill because it is a perk and not a skill, so it takes a lot of time to be active in the tank. But, having it as first skill should improve any and all abilities that the crew is using/developing.

What do you think? maybe Zakume or _Tsavo_ can help us (specially me) to nail this issue... 

Cheers,

This was given to me awhile back... Very helpful regarding crew setup...

Spoiler

westdccs #51 Posted May 13 2015 - 19:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 14631 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

View PostiAmEbola, on May 13 2015 - 12:15, said:

I have vents and BIA on my KV-1 and it makes this thing an absolute beast on the field. It helps with aim time, reloading, gun accuracy, speed, traversing, view range, etc. The +10% doesn't seem like much, but up against a similarly outfitted KV-1 will out perform it in a lot of key areas.

SireMaxus #52 Posted May 13 2015 - 19:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10487 battles
  • [-NXL-] -NXL-

View Post_Laserguided_, on May 13 2015 - 14:37, said:

This was given to me awhile back... Very helpful regarding crew setup...

Spoiler

Yes, indeed very helpful.. Thanks for sharing it :)

Mistygrae #53 Posted May 13 2015 - 20:15

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5853 battles

Hi iAmEbola,

I have been watching your thread here with interest since I started playing and I think it is a great idea. Unfortunately, I havent caught your stream because I find that when I have the time to watch, I would prefer to play. So we havent crossed paths yet (unless unknowingly in-game).

I noticed you were moving up in tiers, I can't blame you because I found myself doing the same thing. But.... what would really be unique as a streamer (may be boring) is playing lower tiers fulltime. I think that would add great value to any tanker looking to improve their lower tier tank skills. When I do watch Twitch, I see everyone playing high tiers, usually tier 10. Thats hard to relate to as a newer player. Seeing someone actually playing a KV-1 doing all the right things, now that would be interesting to a newcomer, in my opinion. I would subscribe to that. I think there is potential there to have a good following of newer players who are all improving together.

As a true newcomer myself, I looked for that on Twitch and really havent found that. I do think you have something unique to offer and wanted to congratulate you on your efforts and give encouragement on your streaming.

Edited by Mistygrae, May 13 2015 - 20:23.

iAmEbola #54 Posted May 13 2015 - 20:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 9940 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

SireMaxus

What I've seen done for BIA is that it is done as a 3rd or 4th skill/perk depending on the tank type/style.  Once it gets to 100% it is swapped for the first (basically retrain 1st and 3rd/4th).  I believe, by moving it into the first position it gives that added bonus to all following skills/perks.  

Sixth sense should always be first...always.  For instance, for a 1st skill a heavy might have all repair, and a light all camo until 100%.  Then the that camo/repair for the commander is swapped out for sixth sense.  

_Laserguided_ 

Excellent share, +1.  Do you by chance have a link from where it was obtained so that we can maintain proper credit where credit is due?

westdccs

Oh yes, I've noticed the same thing on my T1 Heavy & KV-1.  EVERY little bit helps...I completely agree with you.

Mistygrae

Thank you so much for that, much respect to you.  Here is the thing with maintaining a full time Low - Mid tier play...It won't allow me to progress as a tanker.  There is a cap on the required skill level needed to be successful in up to Tier VII.  The amount of mistakes you can make and still be forgiven are much higher.  Once one crosses the threshold into Tier VIII the required skill level advances geometrically.  The slightest mistakes are brutally paid for.  In order to prevent stagnation and to continue to learn I will need to venture into the high tier play.

Now, with that said, I do plan on regularly Live Streaming ALL tiers of play so that I can maintain that connection and uniqueness with my followers.  Trust me, I will be in the mid tiers for quite a long time before I consider myself ready for the higher tiers.

I also plan on platooning with new players to help them on a 1 to 1 basis.  I will continue to request platooning from better players so that I can keep pushing forward to provide better advice and to always be learning.

Add me as a friend in game, I would love to platoon with you sometime soon.

Edited by iAmEbola, May 13 2015 - 20:49.

_Laserguided_ #55 Posted May 13 2015 - 21:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23608 battles

View PostiAmEbola, on May 13 2015 - 11:49, said:

SireMaxus

What I've seen done for BIA is that it is done as a 3rd or 4th skill/perk depending on the tank type/style.  Once it gets to 100% it is swapped for the first (basically retrain 1st and 3rd/4th).  I believe, by moving it into the first position it gives that added bonus to all following skills/perks.  

Sixth sense should always be first...always.  For instance, for a 1st skill a heavy might have all repair, and a light all camo until 100%.  Then the that camo/repair for the commander is swapped out for sixth sense.  

_Laserguided_ 

Excellent share, +1.  Do you by chance have a link from where it was obtained so that we can maintain proper credit where credit is due?

westdccs

Oh yes, I've noticed the same thing on my T1 Heavy & KV-1.  EVERY little bit helps...I completely agree with you.

Mistygrae

Thank you so much for that, much respect to you.  Here is the thing with maintaining a full time Low - Mid tier play...It won't allow me to progress as a tanker.  There is a cap on the required skill level needed to be successful in up to Tier VII.  The amount of mistakes you can make and still be forgiven are much higher.  Once one crosses the threshold into Tier VIII the required skill level advances geometrically.  The slightest mistakes are brutally paid for.  In order to prevent stagnation and to continue to learn I will need to venture into the high tier play.

Now, with that said, I do plan on regularly Live Streaming ALL tiers of play so that I can maintain that connection and uniqueness with my followers.  Trust me, I will be in the mid tiers for quite a long time before I consider myself ready for the higher tiers.

I also plan on platooning with new players to help them on a 1 to 1 basis.  I will continue to request platooning from better players so that I can keep pushing forward to provide better advice and to always be learning.

Add me as a friend in game, I would love to platoon with you sometime soon.

I believe it was Oneechan over in Wot Labs...

http://wotlabs.net/articles/crew-skills-perks-unicum/

GAJohnnie #56 Posted May 13 2015 - 22:14

Major

• Players
  • 8635 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

http://wotlabs.net/a...s-perks-unicum/

Crew Skills and Perks According to a Unicum
By Oneechan - 04/02/14

Good Memory Lazerguided. Thanks for the resource and link

Edited by GAJohnnie, May 13 2015 - 22:14.

Zakume #57 Posted May 14 2015 - 03:10

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 29842 battles
I always do sixth + perks, BIA, repair/camo, more perks, repair/camo. That will change for specialty tanks like lights or something, but thats my basic layout.

sneakytails #58 Posted May 14 2015 - 06:43

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5571 battles

Watched the Sherman debut live stream recording, instead of playing, it was actually pretty enjoyable watching some one else play. Some pretty funny moments that had me bursting out laughing, some good insights as well.

GAJohnnie #59 Posted May 14 2015 - 13:17

Major

• Players
  • 8635 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View Postsneakytails, on May 14 2015 - 00:43, said:

Watched the Sherman debut live stream recording, instead of playing, it was actually pretty enjoyable watching some one else play. Some pretty funny moments that had me bursting out laughing, some good insights as well.

That what I like about this stream. Plays tanks I play so it give me a chance to see what other players go through at my tier. It has helped me realize a lot of the struggles I go thur are not particular to me.

iAmEbola #60 Posted May 14 2015 - 13:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 9940 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View Postsneakytails, on May 13 2015 - 23:43, said:

Excellent, thank you for sharing.  It helps me to know that I am doing a good thing here the more people express their experience with watching.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users