Jump to content


Newbie Live Stream Redux

YouTube Channel iAmEbola Learning All Tiers Reinventing

  • Please log in to reply
11298 replies to this topic

GAJohnnie #9501 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 03:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 10597 battles
  • 9,292
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012
Those were insane. When that scout came over the rail and you had an empty gun and 2 unspotted Scorps in front of you I thought you were dead for sure. Very GG!

H0D0R_ #9502 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 03:24

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17367 battles
  • 1,891
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    09-30-2013

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 06 2018 - 02:19, said:

Those were insane. When that scout came over the rail and you had an empty gun and 2 unspotted Scorps in front of you I thought you were dead for sure. Very GG!

 

I was saying plz plz plz don't pick me so I hid successfully after he made the mistake :D

 

His play should have been to kill me then focus on the other guy. But noooope. EZPZ



GAJohnnie #9503 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 03:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 10597 battles
  • 9,292
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View Post_Promote_Synergy_, on Dec 05 2018 - 21:24, said:

 

I was saying plz plz plz don't pick me so I hid successfully after he made the mistake :D

 

His play should have been to kill me then focus on the other guy. But noooope. EZPZ

 

Yes but you also read the play and moved immediately to give yourself the best chance of survival. There was a lot of skill on display there too.

H0D0R_ #9504 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 03:57

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17367 battles
  • 1,891
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    09-30-2013

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 06 2018 - 02:53, said:

 

Yes but you also read the play and moved immediately to give yourself the best chance of survival. There was a lot of skill on display there too.

 

It was a coin flip and I got lucky :)

iAmEbola #9505 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 13:20

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12477 battles
  • 7,314
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 05 2018 - 16:03, said:

I think it was when I hesitated before poking on the Proto, If I had side scaped right away like I should have, I would of caught him on reload. Instead by the time I did poke he had reloaded

 

As you and PS pointed out, that was a very weak part of my game there.

 

Ahhh...ok.  

 


View Post_Promote_Synergy_, on Dec 05 2018 - 18:32, said:

I feel so bad for the t-10 in this match :O

http://wotreplays.eu..._synergy-t110e4

 

View Post_Promote_Synergy_, on Dec 05 2018 - 18:48, said:

This one was crazy how I managed to survive in this one: http://wotreplays.eu...ergy-amx_13_105

 

I look forward to watching these later on today.  


Edited by iAmEbola, Dec 06 2018 - 14:28.


H0D0R_ #9506 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 14:01

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17367 battles
  • 1,891
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    09-30-2013

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 06 2018 - 12:20, said:

I look forward to watching these later on today.  

 

Let me know what you think! Both replays were crazy in my mind ;)



iAmEbola #9507 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 14:28

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12477 battles
  • 7,314
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

View Post_Promote_Synergy_, on Dec 06 2018 - 07:01, said:

Let me know what you think! Both replays were crazy in my mind ;)

 

Definitely!

 

I was reading on another thread that the AMX LT series are not really very good scouts.  They are more assassins.  What is your take on that?  I did great in the AMX 12 t (before the Tier IX & X LTs came out), the 13 75 was a terd for me, then I got the 13 90 and didn't get to play it until after the LT update.  I don't understand the playstyle at all.

 

Does the 105 play differently than the others, or is it played similarly?



iAmEbola #9508 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 14:36

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12477 battles
  • 7,314
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

Oh, and the strangest thing happened yesterday while I was watching someone on Twitch playing the SU-130PM.  He actually blacklisted an enemy arty player for killing him in that game.  I was a bit dumbfounded.  His justification was that the clicker was focusing on him instead of making other targets a priority to help his team.

 

I kinda chuckled in my seat.

 

Seriously?  

 

Needless to say, I didn't follow him and ended up watching Mountain_Man as he played the Type 62 (his first outing in it actually).  

 



H0D0R_ #9509 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 14:37

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17367 battles
  • 1,891
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    09-30-2013

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 06 2018 - 13:36, said:

Oh, and the strangest thing happened yesterday while I was watching someone on Twitch playing the SU-130PM.  He actually blacklisted an enemy arty player for killing him in that game.  I was a bit dumbfounded.  His justification was that the clicker was focusing on him instead of making other targets a priority to help his team.

 

I kinda chuckled in my seat.

 

Seriously?  

 

Needless to say, I didn't follow him and ended up watching Mountain_Man as he played the Type 62 (his first outing in it actually).  

 

 

Some people are salt and the only way to deal with their anger is just blacklisting people, then possibly tking them in the future if they see them in arty. Everyone deals with it differently.

H0D0R_ #9510 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 14:40

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17367 battles
  • 1,891
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    09-30-2013

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 06 2018 - 13:28, said:

 

Definitely!

 

I was reading on another thread that the AMX LT series are not really very good scouts.  They are more assassins.  What is your take on that?  I did great in the AMX 12 t (before the Tier IX & X LTs came out), the 13 75 was a terd for me, then I got the 13 90 and didn't get to play it until after the LT update.  I don't understand the playstyle at all.

 

Does the 105 play differently than the others, or is it played similarly?

 

When you watch the replay on my 105 you'll see that it is definitely an assassin. If you can sit up in mid fight and not get spotted you can dish out some serious damage. Problem is that the gun is derpy. The tank excels at catching people out by rolling up on them and clipping them for 1k and running away. Rinse and repeat. It can do well if the other scout is a bad t100, or if it is another 105, sheraton, or RHM.

 

The 1390 is such a good tank at the moment. The gun handing and reload is so much better than the 105... I would actually prefer that tank over the 105. But the 105 has an amazing clip. 



GAJohnnie #9511 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 16:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 10597 battles
  • 9,292
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 06 2018 - 08:36, said:

Oh, and the strangest thing happened yesterday while I was watching someone on Twitch playing the SU-130PM.  He actually blacklisted an enemy arty player for killing him in that game.  I was a bit dumbfounded.  His justification was that the clicker was focusing on him instead of making other targets a priority to help his team.

 

I kinda chuckled in my seat.

 

Seriously?  

 

Needless to say, I didn't follow him and ended up watching Mountain_Man as he played the Type 62 (his first outing in it actually).  

 

 

I discovered MM's stream last night too hunting codes for the Scavenger hunt. I later found out you only need 1 CC code. If you are looking for the 1st two codes I used

 

cc4tankersdec

 

and

 

BRACEYOURSELVES

 

Still looking for the next 2.


Edited by GAJohnnie, Dec 06 2018 - 16:14.


H0D0R_ #9512 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 16:17

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17367 battles
  • 1,891
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    09-30-2013

Here are the other two codes :^)

 

CCNOVADEC

CCCODYDEC



GAJohnnie #9513 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 16:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 10597 battles
  • 9,292
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View Post_Promote_Synergy_, on Dec 06 2018 - 10:17, said:

Here are the other two codes :^)

 

CCNOVADEC

CCCODYDEC

 

Thank you! Hoewever you can only use one CC code a week. Since I used 4 tankers I cannot use another CC code this week. The next two code have not been dropped by WG yet. One of the sources is the weekly update they do on Youtube so I suspect it will be in there this Friday when they post it. Not sure where the other code will post. Possibly in their News Feed. Braceyourself was from Facebook.

 

4 Dogs did an excellent vid laying out how it works. Really want to get to the 5xs all day on a Sunday and get my T10 ground all the way up so I can get my first Tier X and finish the T-44 grind.  Probably will not play teir 10  yet but would like to have it done and am lusting for the Obj 430.

 



iAmEbola #9514 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 17:14

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12477 battles
  • 7,314
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015
Thanks PS for the info on the AMX series.  I'll be paying extra attention on that 105 replay.  I really don't want to give up on the 13 90; but I was running it like a scout tank.  Now that I know, I might be able to figure it out.

GAJohnnie #9515 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 18:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 10597 battles
  • 9,292
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

Mercy Wargaming.....the suction effect on my wallet this month is becoming unbearable....

 


Edited by GAJohnnie, Dec 06 2018 - 18:37.


iAmEbola #9516 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 18:50

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12477 battles
  • 7,314
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

Ok...I watched both replays...1st one...that poor T-10. :(

 

And the second...you used the 105 as a scout...LOL.  So that doesn't really help me out.  How you didn't die in the first opening of that game is beyond me, I never would've been that lucky to survive something like that.  And how on earth did those Scorps stay hidden when you were practically right on top of them?  

 

How big is that map anyway?  I mean, those squares are what...100M?  At most you were like 150m away from them.  Skorp cammo + bush (Tier VIII TDs mind you) THAT much better than a Tier X LT's spotting?  Seriously?   Some things about the spotting/camo mechanics really don't jibe if you ask me.  Or, I don't understand them at all like I thought I did.



GAJohnnie #9517 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 19:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 10597 battles
  • 9,292
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 06 2018 - 12:50, said:

Ok...I watched both replays...1st one...that poor T-10. :(

 

And the second...you used the 105 as a scout...LOL.  So that doesn't really help me out.  How you didn't die in the first opening of that game is beyond me, I never would've been that lucky to survive something like that.  And how on earth did those Scorps stay hidden when you were practically right on top of them?  

 

How big is that map anyway?  I mean, those squares are what...100M?  At most you were like 150m away from them.  Skorp cammo + bush (Tier VIII TDs mind you) THAT much better than a Tier X LT's spotting?  Seriously?   Some things about the spotting/camo mechanics really don't jibe if you ask me.  Or, I don't understand them at all like I thought I did.

 

I was wondering the same thing. Probably should go in a training room and look at that map. There is a sort of little valley there but I did not think it was deep enough to totally block line of sight.

H0D0R_ #9518 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 19:45

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17367 battles
  • 1,891
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    09-30-2013

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 06 2018 - 17:50, said:

Ok...I watched both replays...1st one...that poor T-10. :(

 

And the second...you used the 105 as a scout...LOL.  So that doesn't really help me out.  How you didn't die in the first opening of that game is beyond me, I never would've been that lucky to survive something like that.  And how on earth did those Scorps stay hidden when you were practically right on top of them?  

 

How big is that map anyway?  I mean, those squares are what...100M?  At most you were like 150m away from them.  Skorp cammo + bush (Tier VIII TDs mind you) THAT much better than a Tier X LT's spotting?  Seriously?   Some things about the spotting/camo mechanics really don't jibe if you ask me.  Or, I don't understand them at all like I thought I did.

 

So if you watch, rolling down 0 line is a HUGE risk. I called that I was going to scout there and have any/all back-up behind me. I was super happy to see the t100 go center. I also had a bad spawn so it delayed me by a few seconds. The tier 8 light beat us there so that is how I got spotted, I got smacked hard in like 2 seconds so I dipped down and played super safe. In that dip its easy to abuse the bushes for safety, basically proxy spotting. Which I was waiting to die to. (proxy spotting happens when you are within 50m of a tank)

 

The skorps had like 3-4 bushes in front of them so it was impossible to see them unless someone drove up there. Thankfully my teammate did that and which caused them explode quickly.

 

So in short, the skorps were bushed up to spot through the bush and proceed to mess me up. All they had to do was drive up to the bush so that they can see through it. Back up so its solid and then fire. Rinse and repeat till someone dies or until it becomes unsafe to do so (proxy spot).



H0D0R_ #9519 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 19:46

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17367 battles
  • 1,891
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    09-30-2013
And that poor T-10. I couldn't even see his tank through that sign. I only had his icon so I just fired and was ready to back up to soak up hits/dish pain. SUPER lucky shot.

GAJohnnie #9520 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 20:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 10597 battles
  • 9,292
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View Post_Promote_Synergy_, on Dec 06 2018 - 13:46, said:

And that poor T-10. I couldn't even see his tank through that sign. I only had his icon so I just fired and was ready to back up to soak up hits/dish pain. SUPER lucky shot.

 

Yeah if that been me I would of sat there for minutes stunned trying to figure out what the hell happened

Edited by GAJohnnie, Dec 06 2018 - 20:02.





3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users