Jump to content


Newbie Live Stream Redux

YouTube Channel iAmEbola Learning All Tiers Reinventing

  • Please log in to reply
11029 replies to this topic

iAmEbola #9601 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 18:22

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12213 battles
  • 7,314
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 12 2018 - 10:36, said:

Wow you are ambitious! I am going to focus on the T-10 and the T-44. Primarily the T-44 until I use up my 5x for a win bonus pack and get the Obj430. Then I am going to focus the hell out of my T-10 and Obj 430 Don't have any plans to go to teir 10 yet. As frustrating as the teir 10 matches are, see a lot of roll stomps teir 10 matches when I am grinding teir 8, the tanks are way funner to play up there.

 

Well, I'm not expecting to do it anytime soon.  I could probably get the K-91 and the WZ-132-1 within a month of good play as I've played their Tier IXs quite a bit recently.  I may focus getting the 277 first though.  

 

I have yet to see, since 3/5/7 and me coming back where I get into a match with my Tier X and I see Tier VIIIs.  I see ROFLSTOMPS at any tier though...so, it happens, do what I can then move on.

 

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 12 2018 - 11:05, said:

So Question

 

IF a tank is side scraping a corner, is there a way to side scrape off the tank to support it? I been trying to figure out how to do it without blocking the tank in front in. Usually i just go someplace else but some times the tank needs my gun to back them up. Any thoughts?

 

Yes, it is very possible.  I have done it and been quite successful at it.  It is extremely tricky, especially if you are the one behind.  

 

I like to set up just to the inside of the tank in front of me's outside tracks.  Not only do you have to pay attention you the enemy reload, you have to pay attention to the tank in front of you and when they reload.  I like to give about a 1/4 to 1/2 tank's length space (depending on sidescrape angle) that way I have time to react to back up to let him shoot.  

 

Easier to do with a toonmate that you've played with and trust.  Doing it with a random pub, can be difficult, especially if they are really bad at sidescraping.

 

You can also run parallel to the inside of someone sidescraping in order to try to shoot over the front of their tank.  That is a bit more difficult.

 

The last option is perpendicular sidescraping off their rear so that you can protect their flank (like in Ruinberg).  That one isn't so bad, just gotta make sure you don't ram their rear by pulling forward too fast out into enemy fire.  And, your gun has to be able to clear their deck.


Edited by iAmEbola, Dec 12 2018 - 20:29.


GAJohnnie #9602 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 18:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 10317 battles
  • 8,881
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 12 2018 - 12:22, said:

 

 

The last option is perpendicular sidecraping off their rear so that you can protect their flank (like in Ruinberg).  That one isn't so bad, just gotta make sure you to ram their rear by pulling foward too fast out into enemy fire.  And, your gun has to be able to clear their deck.

What I am trying to do in my T-44 when bottom teir is hide behind someone big and heavy and get track shots on whomever they are shooting. it seems a lot more productive then bouncing shells off targets



iAmEbola #9603 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 19:04

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12213 battles
  • 7,314
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 12 2018 - 11:51, said:

What I am trying to do in my T-44 when bottom teir is hide behind someone big and heavy and get track shots on whomever they are shooting. it seems a lot more productive then bouncing shells off targets

 

In the T-44?  Are you not fully upgraded yet?

GAJohnnie #9604 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 19:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 10317 battles
  • 8,881
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 12 2018 - 13:04, said:

 

In the T-44?  Are you not fully upgraded yet?

 

I fully upgraded just getting wrecked a lot when bottom teir. Just don't have the gun depress to hill pop or the view range to out spot teir 9-10 tds and mediums. Trying to find ways to be effective when bottom teir

 

Any suggestions?



iAmEbola #9605 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 19:37

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12213 battles
  • 7,314
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 12 2018 - 12:22, said:

I fully upgraded just getting wrecked a lot when bottom teir. Just don't have the gun depress to hill pop or the view range to out spot teir 9-10 tds and mediums. Trying to find ways to be effective when bottom teir

 

Any suggestions?

 

You are running the 100mm LB-1 right?



GAJohnnie #9606 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 19:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 10317 battles
  • 8,881
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 12 2018 - 13:37, said:

 

You are running the 100mm LB-1 right?

 

Correct.

iAmEbola #9607 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 19:58

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12213 battles
  • 7,314
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 12 2018 - 12:41, said:

Correct.

 

Well, it is very similar to the T-54 Prot that I have with the exception of having a faster reload (thus higher ROF) and much higher mobility (due to reduced weight).  Your hull is very lightly armored.  Comparison Link

 

Really, you should be playing this hull down as often as possible.  You are right in that you can't hill pop with this, unless you have some odd terrain that allows you to be able to artificially manipulate the hull to give you more depression (rare opportunities for that).  I wouldn't advise running in the city with the HTs with this thing as your side armor is too thin as bottom tier for sidescraping.

 

Battle Mechanics - Overmatch:

If the AP or APCR shell caliber is more than 3 times the nominal thickness of the armour (such as a 130mm shell hitting a 40mm thick plate), no ricochet will happen even if the impact angle is more than 70° from normal.

 

Your side hull armor is 75mm, so anything that has 225mm or more of penetration will damage you.   Which, I'm pretty sure that most Tier IX guns and Tier VIII HTs have that, or very close to that with RNG.  Plus with the free use of premium rounds...well, you get the idea.  

 

Run with the mediums, but stay in the back as support.  You have a rapid, nice hitting gun.  Don't be afraid to hit that #2 key when dealing with tough opponents.  With your top speed you should be able to do a fair amount of flexing and re-positioning.  

 

I'm sure itsJylerTAG would be able to give you more tips on this since he plays one.



itsCyberWolf #9608 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 20:21

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8664 battles
  • 1,276
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 12 2018 - 13:22, said:

 

I fully upgraded just getting wrecked a lot when bottom teir. Just don't have the gun depress to hill pop or the view range to out spot teir 9-10 tds and mediums. Trying to find ways to be effective when bottom teir

 

Any suggestions?

 

Johnnie, the thing to remember about most medium tanks (especially the russian line) is that their hull armor is weak except the frontal plate when its angled properly. That being said they all operate pretty much the same, you want to use the mobility they have to keep your hull out of the enemies view and only expose the turret to them. The T-44 is a very mobile tank and i would strongly suggest not staying in one spot for very long. Use it to flank, harrass and irritate the hell out of the enemies, but never expose yourself in a situation where they can hit your hull unless you have no other choice. If you rewatch that T-44-100 replay i posted a couple days ago you'll see that i was constantly moving, taking pot shots and trying the best i could to keep my hull hidden until i had no choice.

 

Like a unicum once told me.

 

"If you have high mobility and you're not using it, you're wasting the tank. If you have strong armor and you're not using it, you're wasting the tank, if you have good view range and camo and aren't using it, you're wasting the tank."

 

I've tried to live by this statement since i started improving myself at the game and i often reevaluate myself to make sure i'm doing it right. Like that T-10 video i posted, that first bit of the match where i was sniping? I was wasting the tank. Yes i was getting damage, but each second no tanks were spotted and i wasn't firing, i could have been doing so much more to help my team. But then again i over analyze things a lot. Either way improvement is improvement. That being said, play the tank to it's strengths. Also blow outs will happen and there is nothing we can do about it. I know some purples on here can carry and entire team it seems like, but i know i can't. 

 

Edited: Per what Ebola noticed.


Edited by itsJylerTAG, Dec 12 2018 - 20:35.


iAmEbola #9609 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 20:25

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12213 battles
  • 7,314
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

View PostitsJylerTAG, on Dec 12 2018 - 13:21, said:

... i would strongly suggest staying in one spot for very long. Use it to flank, harrass and irritate the hell out of the enemies...

 

I think you mean't to add a "NOT" in there before staying.

 

 


Edited by iAmEbola, Dec 12 2018 - 20:26.


itsCyberWolf #9610 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 20:34

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8664 battles
  • 1,276
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 12 2018 - 14:25, said:

 

I think you mean't to add a "NOT" in there before staying.

 

 

 

You're right, i need to edit that.

iAmEbola #9611 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 20:39

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12213 battles
  • 7,314
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

:)



iAmEbola #9612 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 20:41

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12213 battles
  • 7,314
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015
With as big as this thread is, the sheer amount of educational information contained, and the collaboration with others in a teaching like atmosphere; I'm kinda surprised I didn't get approached to be a community contributor.  Guess I need to do videos and get back into Twitch or something.  LOL

itsCyberWolf #9613 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 20:42

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8664 battles
  • 1,276
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012
Well tbh i kinda wish they would approach you for such a title, i feel as if you've earned it by now, same for synergy and tsavo.

iAmEbola #9614 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 20:48

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12213 battles
  • 7,314
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

View PostitsJylerTAG, on Dec 12 2018 - 13:42, said:

Well tbh i kinda wish they would approach you for such a title, i feel as if you've earned it by now, same for synergy and tsavo.

 

IDK, I was pretty rough on Domo in another thread.  That may have earned me a "no approach" label...lolz

itsCyberWolf #9615 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 20:52

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8664 battles
  • 1,276
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 12 2018 - 14:48, said:

 

IDK, I was pretty rough on Domo in another thread.  That may have earned me a "no approach" label...lolz

 

Poor fella lol. I'd approach you and give you a snickers and be like "Eat this, you've turned into wild bill again."

iAmEbola #9616 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 20:55

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12213 battles
  • 7,314
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

View PostSlipperySlaughterDaddy, on Dec 12 2018 - 13:52, said:

Poor fella lol. I'd approach you and give you a snickers and be like "Eat this, you've turned into wild bill again."

 

:teethhappy: 

I loved those commercials.



GAJohnnie #9617 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 21:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 10317 battles
  • 8,881
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View PostSlipperySlaughterDaddy, on Dec 12 2018 - 14:21, said:

 

Johnnie, the thing to remember about most medium tanks (especially the russian line) is that their hull armor is weak except the frontal plate when its angled properly. That being said they all operate pretty much the same, you want to use the mobility they have to keep your hull out of the enemies view and only expose the turret to them. The T-44 is a very mobile tank and i would strongly suggest not staying in one spot for very long. Use it to flank, harrass and irritate the hell out of the enemies, but never expose yourself in a situation where they can hit your hull unless you have no other choice. If you rewatch that T-44-100 replay i posted a couple days ago you'll see that i was constantly moving, taking pot shots and trying the best i could to keep my hull hidden until i had no choice.

 

Like a unicum once told me.

 

"If you have high mobility and you're not using it, you're wasting the tank. If you have strong armor and you're not using it, you're wasting the tank, if you have good view range and camo and aren't using it, you're wasting the tank."

 

I've tried to live by this statement since i started improving myself at the game and i often reevaluate myself to make sure i'm doing it right. Like that T-10 video i posted, that first bit of the match where i was sniping? I was wasting the tank. Yes i was getting damage, but each second no tanks were spotted and i wasn't firing, i could have been doing so much more to help my team. But then again i over analyze things a lot. Either way improvement is improvement. That being said, play the tank to it's strengths. Also blow outs will happen and there is nothing we can do about it. I know some purples on here can carry and entire team it seems like, but i know i can't. 

 

Edited: Per what Ebola noticed.

Run with the mediums, but stay in the back as support.  You have a rapid, nice hitting gun.  Don't be afraid to hit that #2 key when dealing with tough opponents.  With your top speed you should be able to do a fair amount of flexing and re-positioning.  

 

Yeah I learned a lot from watching your replay. You use a lot more of the map then I do. I am working on being more mobile and inventive. I played a lot of heavy tanks and have developed a heavy tank mindset. I need to get back into the Medium mindset.

 

Thanks Guys



itsCyberWolf #9618 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 21:35

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8664 battles
  • 1,276
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 12 2018 - 15:32, said:

 

Yeah I learned a lot from watching your replay. You use a lot more of the map then I do. I am working on being more mobile and inventive. I played a lot of heavy tanks and have developed a heavy tank mindset. I need to get back into the Medium mindset.

 

Thanks Guys

 

Yeah i did that as well man, i used to be a td driver for the most part and then i got into heavies, had to adapt to that and then got into mediums. It takes a bit of getting use to and remembering what type of tank you're in, but in the end as long as you help your team as much as you possibly can, you're already doing better than a huge majority of the player base and thats the kind of effort i cheer on for when i see someone trying their hardest. I'm not the best with mediums because i've always preferred heavies and td's, but there is a special niche about mediums that make them a fun home away from home when i don't want to play anything else.

GAJohnnie #9619 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 23:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 10317 battles
  • 8,881
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012
The other good advice is just shake off the crap games.

iAmEbola #9620 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 23:30

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12213 battles
  • 7,314
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

This was a crazy intense game.  I knew we were going to lose...look at the clan tags on opposite team...LOLZ  

 

I had fun at least.

 

T110E5 - 5k+ Damage - Hold Out






3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users