Jump to content


Newbie Live Stream Redux

YouTube Channel iAmEbola Learning All Tiers Reinventing

  • Please log in to reply
11480 replies to this topic

itsCyberFox #9641 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 16:12

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8981 battles
  • 1,279
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 13 2018 - 10:11, said:

Well I went for 25 boxes. So I am now axiously awaiting closing time to go home and see what I got

 

I wish you and Ebola the best of luck when opening them. 

iAmEbola #9642 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 16:19

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12682 battles
  • 7,314
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

View PostSlipperySlaughterDaddy, on Dec 13 2018 - 09:06, said:

 

You flatter me sir, but i'm nothing special. Plus my mouth gets me into a lot of trouble. I mean if Synergy knew who i was friends with at one time, even he'd be like "Oh gawd".

 

Well you could attach it to a tank and blow all of those little ELC EVEN 90's off the map. :D

 

Just stating the truth.  LOL, the past in the past, I doubt he'd hold it against you even if he *eyerolled*  

 

HAHA...if only.  That'd be freaking awesome.  Those Even 90s are hard to hit!  Even sitting still.  

 

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 13 2018 - 09:11, said:

Well I went for 25 boxes. So I am now axiously awaiting closing time to go home and see what I got

 

Since this was my first time and I got a really nice quarterly bonus from work, I splurged and got myself 25 of each type.  YOLO, right?



GAJohnnie #9643 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 16:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 11397 battles
  • 9,741
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

Nice. Tell us what you got Uncle Ebola!

 

Thanks to the Dread Pirate Roberts for this info

 

Each type of box corresponds with a different a different bonus:

 

XP, (Lunar Boxes) credits (New Year Boxes), free XP,(Magic Boxes) crew XP. (Christmas Boxes)

 

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/holiday-ops-main-mechanics-2019/

 

Wish now I bought the Lunar boxes. That what I want. I am about 40,000 exp from finishing the first grind on the  T-44......... I wants the Russian Tier 9 Obj430 I does....

 

I got enough Free Exp on hand to upgrade the Obj430 as soon as I get it and I got a good crew for it also


Edited by GAJohnnie, Dec 13 2018 - 16:29.


GAJohnnie #9644 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 16:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 11397 battles
  • 9,741
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012
Oh wow, looking at all the posts about the  IS-3As they are handing out I suspect to see 10 per side tonight

GAJohnnie #9645 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 16:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 11397 battles
  • 9,741
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View PostSlipperySlaughterDaddy, on Dec 13 2018 - 10:12, said:

 

I wish you and Ebola the best of luck when opening them. 

 

Thank you kind Sir.

iAmEbola #9646 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 16:33

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12682 battles
  • 7,314
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 13 2018 - 09:24, said:

Nice. Tell us what you got Uncle Ebola!

 

Thanks to the Dread Pirate Roberts for this info

 

Each type of box corresponds with a different a different bonus:

 

XP, (Lunar Boxes) credits (New Year Boxes), free XP,(Magic Boxes) crew XP. (Christmas Boxes)

 

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/holiday-ops-main-mechanics-2019/

 

Wish now I bought the Lunar boxes. That what I want. I am about 40,000 exp from finishing the first grind on the  T-44......... I wants the Russian Tier 9 Obj430 I does....

 

Haha, ok Jonnie, I will make up a list once I open them.  We have a luncheon today, so I might be able to open them right after as everyone gets an extended lunch by default.  

 

Yes, that was great info, so I was glad I got the variety.  I need lots of each!  Especially for all the Tier Xs I'm wanting to get and my crews in the Russian line are suffering a bit due to splits in new lines I talked about.  

 

One guy got like every tank including the IS-3A & Skorp G.  I wouldn't mind winning the Skorp G.

 

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 13 2018 - 09:27, said:

Oh wow, looking at all the posts about the  IS-3As they are handing out I suspect to see 10 per side tonight

 

Yeah, right?  If I had a Type 5 Heavy, I'd be bringing that to the IS-3A party to hunt them down...LOL

 

I may skip playing tonight (unless the clan does skirmishes) and just play Minecraft.  We'll see.


Edited by iAmEbola, Dec 13 2018 - 16:36.


GAJohnnie #9647 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 16:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 11397 battles
  • 9,741
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012
Does the IS-3A have the same weakspots as the IS-3? I am guessing I will end up having to kill some of these off grinding my T-44. Not looking forward to facing it or a Defender but you don't always get what you want.

itsCyberFox #9648 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 16:47

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8981 battles
  • 1,279
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 13 2018 - 10:37, said:

Does the IS-3A have the same weakspots as the IS-3? I am guessing I will end up having to kill some of these off grinding my T-44. Not looking forward to facing it or a Defender but you don't always get what you want.

 

Well the model is based off of the standard IS-3, so yes i do believe they have the same weakspots.

 

 

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 13 2018 - 10:27, said:

Oh wow, looking at all the posts about the  IS-3As they are handing out I suspect to see 10 per side tonight

 

Yeah, thats one of the ones i hope to snag when i can afford to buy some of the crates.

 

 

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 13 2018 - 10:19, said:

Just stating the truth.  LOL, the past in the past, I doubt he'd hold it against you even if he *eyerolled*  

 

HAHA...if only.  That'd be freaking awesome.  Those Even 90s are hard to hit!  Even sitting still.  

 

Eh, he was just a meanie pants but he was a cool fella either way.

 

As for the elc's, i kinda wish i could wrap my tank in fly paper then back into them when they drive by until i have like 20 elc's stuck to the side and rear of my tank. :)



iAmEbola #9649 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 17:10

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12682 battles
  • 7,314
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 13 2018 - 09:37, said:

Not looking forward to facing it or a Defender but you don't always get what you want.

 

They aren't anything to be afraid of.  Just approach them like you would any other auto-loader.  Wait until they empty clip and then rush.  Well, I take that back, its auto-loader is very similar to the Standard B's with the added bonus of loading faster the emptier it is.  I believe it has a 3 second reload between each shell on a full magazine.  So you are going to have to hit it when it gets distracted, or in between full reloads, which, IIRC from empty to first shell is like 9 seconds.  Might be a little more.

 

 As far as the Defender, the LGP is HUGE, it is pretty hard to hide.  If you come up against one who is doing very well being hull down, then go for the commander's cupola.  If you can't do that reliably, then eff off and go kill something else and look to get side shots on it later one.

 

View PostSlipperySlaughterDaddy, on Dec 13 2018 - 09:47, said:

As for the elc's, i kinda wish i could wrap my tank in fly paper then back into them when they drive by until i have like 20 elc's stuck to the side and rear of my tank. :)

 

OMG, the visual...:D



GAJohnnie #9650 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 17:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 11397 battles
  • 9,741
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012
Wow 20 ELC spaced armor! You would be invincible!

iAmEbola #9651 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 17:13

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12682 battles
  • 7,314
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 13 2018 - 10:10, said:

Wow 20 ELC spaced armor! You would be invincible!

 

No, because you know there will be that 1 tomato out there that can snapshot with his KV-2 from 400m on the move and pen/detonate the ammorack.  The pubby luck is real folks!

itsCyberFox #9652 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 17:25

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8981 battles
  • 1,279
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 13 2018 - 11:10, said:

OMG, the visual...:D

 

Just imagine a Type-5 Heavy, with fly paper all over it, and ELC EVEN 90's just plastered all over the paper. 



GAJohnnie #9653 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 17:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 11397 battles
  • 9,741
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 13 2018 - 11:13, said:

 

No, because you know there will be that 1 tomato out there that can snapshot with his KV-2 from 400m on the move and pen/detonate the ammorack.  The pubby luck is real folks!

 

You mean like this? My vert stab Pershiing derps its shot in the dirt but the backing rotating turning KV-2 snap shoot me. However I gets my revenge.....

Fun starts with about 11:57 on the game clock in the upper right corner

 


Edited by GAJohnnie, Dec 13 2018 - 17:38.


H0D0R_ #9654 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 17:46

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17916 battles
  • 1,961
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    09-30-2013
Can someone donate some boxes to me please. I am broke right out of college lol.

dunniteowl #9655 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 18:28

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 31544 battles
  • 10,536
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

Already having a crap day, but up to Festive Level III now.

 

I'll admit I am 4 for 14 so far today, but this felt pretty good:

 

Posted Image

 

Another Ace and 3 Loot boxes!

 

Getting all manner of consumables, no PRs yet out of the boxes.  I did win a few PRs for a mission, though already.  I'm looking for the box with the Stupid Pill Antidote so I can give them to some of my team mates.  Holy cow!

 

[edit] the gold box just below for the chat window?  Apparently I made a fan with a thin skin when I said, "We are going to lose, I can tell by the deployment"  Literally, that's all I said.  He's actually still there, passively aggressively 'explaining' to me how the game works.  I copy pasted the notification of this battle result. [/edit]


Edited by dunniteowl, Dec 13 2018 - 18:32.


GAJohnnie #9656 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 18:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 11397 battles
  • 9,741
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012
Good Job Dun? Racking up those Aces this week!

iAmEbola #9657 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 18:55

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12682 battles
  • 7,314
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

Ok.  As requsted here is what I obtained as well what I invested.

 

I paid $160 for 4 x25 of each type Large Loot Boxes.

 

I received the following:

  • 90,890 Gold (roughly $360 worth)
  • 65 Days of Premium
  • Simon Claws Commander
  • Special Skins
    • Grille 15
    • T-57
    • IS-7
    • BC 25 t
  • 4,000,000 Silver
  • Premium Tanks
    • MKA 
    • KV-220-2
    • Defender
    • Teran III
    • Skorp G
    • IS-3A
    • 105leFH18B2

 

HOLY SCHNIKIES!  



H0D0R_ #9658 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 19:01

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17916 battles
  • 1,961
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    09-30-2013

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 13 2018 - 17:55, said:

Ok.  As requsted here is what I obtained as well what I invested.

 

I paid $160 for 4 x25 of each type Large Loot Boxes.

 

I received the following:

  • 90,890 Gold (roughly $360 worth)
  • 65 Days of Premium
  • Simon Claws Commander
  • Special Skins
    • Grille 15
    • T-57
    • IS-7
    • BC 25 t
  • 4,000,000 Silver
  • Premium Tanks
    • MKA 
    • KV-220-2
    • Defender
    • Teran III
    • Skorp G
    • IS-3A
    • 105leFH18B2

 

HOLY SCHNIKIES!  

 

Woof. Now you have sold your soul and have to play for at least 4 more years ;)

GAJohnnie #9659 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 19:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 11397 battles
  • 9,741
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 13 2018 - 12:55, said:

Ok.  As requsted here is what I obtained as well what I invested.

 

I paid $160 for 4 x25 of each type Large Loot Boxes.

 

I received the following:

  • 90,890 Gold (roughly $360 worth)
  • 65 Days of Premium
  • Simon Claws Commander
  • Special Skins
    • Grille 15
    • T-57
    • IS-7
    • BC 25 t
  • 4,000,000 Silver
  • Premium Tanks
    • MKA 
    • KV-220-2
    • Defender
    • Teran III
    • Skorp G
    • IS-3A
    • 105leFH18B2

 

HOLY SCHNIKIES!  

 

What the MKA?  Congrats dude! You hit the mother load!. I bought 25 boxes and I will be happy to get the gold value.

GAJohnnie #9660 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 19:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 11397 battles
  • 9,741
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012
So what was the free teir 2 we got this year?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users