YouTube Channel iAmEbola Learning All Tiers Reinventing

• Please log in to reply
11480 replies to this topic

Project100 #9721 Posted Dec 15 2018 - 17:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4772 battles

Okay, next batch of questions:

1) I'm thinking of using the Christmas crew to expand into a nation that I haven't played yet. Sticking with Premium T6 Mediums, which of the following would you guys recommend? Choices are:

1. Skoda T 40
  2. Strv m/42-57
  3. Pudel
  4. AC 4 Experimental

I'm leaning toward the Skoda or the AC 4 since there are Czech & English Mediums all the way up to Tier 10, but I'd love to hear opinions on all of the tanks in question and the overall quality of the Medium lines of the four nations.

2) Would I be better off saving the gold and just moving into a good Medium line? The only lines I've really played are Russians, Americans, & Germans. Are there any 'If you like Mediums, you really need to play the [Insert Nation] line' choices to be made? England? Japan? China? 

3) What about Tier 8s? Anything that I would be a fool to pass up with the current discounts, even if I'm just going to mothball it for future use? Choices:

1. T-54 mod. 1
  2. M46 KR
  3. T26E4
  4. FV4202
  5. 59-Patton
  6. STA-2
  7. M4A1 Ravioli

Thanks in advance for any advice & info!

Project100 #9722 Posted Dec 15 2018 - 18:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4772 battles

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 14 2018 - 16:53, said:

The more you get in the book the bigger your built in bonus is for the event to Jan 15th. I am focused on the Lunar because it gives a XP bonus. Since I am grinding the T-44 to the Obj 430, I want as much EX as I can get.

So focus on the collection to get bigger bonuses for each of the 4 categories

XP, (Lunar Boxes) credits (New Year Boxes), free XP,(Magic Boxes) crew XP. (Christmas Boxes)

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/holiday-ops-main-mechanics-2019/

For anyone else wondering what/how the book collections are done, look here: https://www.twitch.t...eos/348544571##

He kinda fumbles around a bit without much of a plan, but it shows what the book collections give you and how to get shards & make ornaments for the different bonuses & emblems/styles/inscriptions.

Project100 #9723 Posted Dec 15 2018 - 18:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4772 battles

You guys probably already know this, but I just discovered that I wasted a bunch of shards doing something unnecessarily.

To get the maximum bonus from any collection, you only need 62/80 items in any particular collection.

The 80/80 is only needed if you want the Inscriptions/Styles/Emblems. If you don't care about the cosmetic stuff, save the shards & extra effort.

Also, the 62/80 number doesn't care what level the items are. Start at the bottom and work your way up when going for the bonuses.

GAJohnnie #9724 Posted Dec 15 2018 - 19:39

Major

• Players
  • 11584 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Good to know Project! Thank you!

itsCyberWolfe #9725 Posted Dec 15 2018 - 20:36

Captain

• Players
  • 9339 battles

Alright so i opened another set of 25 boxes and this is what i got.

IS-3A

KV-220-2 (This is the second one)

Turan III

M4 Improved

105 leFH18B2

Simon Claus

8,000 Gold

1.2mil Silver

9 days of Premium Time

Bat Chat 25t Skin

50% Disappointment, because i wanted the T57 HT skin and i'll never use the Bat Chat 25t. 

(Suggestion: Let us trade the skins we don't want, for ones we do want.)

GAJohnnie #9726 Posted Dec 15 2018 - 20:44

Major

• Players
  • 11584 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
GREAT idea on the trading. Sorry you did not get the T57, that one is awesome

itsCyberWolfe #9727 Posted Dec 15 2018 - 20:52

Captain

• Players
  • 9339 battles

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 15 2018 - 14:44, said:

GREAT idea on the trading. Sorry you did not get the T57, that one is awesome

Yeah, i'm sad about it. That's literally the only skin i wanted out of the entire set. I mean the IS-7 skin would've been alright cause i might use the IS-7 one day, but i will NEVER own the Bat Chat 25t because i've played it on the test server and i just don't like it. In fact i seem to do the best with usa and ussr tanks when it comes right down to it as far as tier 10 goes. The german tier 10s are just too easy to kill if you know what you're doing and the french are just "i'm blue daba de daba dai, shoot me please because i'll be reloading for the next half hour."

GAJohnnie #9728 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 13:37

Major

• Players
  • 11584 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
IS-3A is fun but not as op as the Defender

H0D0R_ #9729 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 17:27

Captain

• Players
  • 17929 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

I had a funny death this morning :)

Took a foch B down with me: http://wotreplays.eu...rgy-object_430u

iAmEbola #9730 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 13:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 12682 battles

View PostProject100, on Dec 15 2018 - 10:08, said:

Okay, next batch of questions:

1) I'm thinking of using the Christmas crew to expand into a nation that I haven't played yet. Sticking with Premium T6 Mediums, which of the following would you guys recommend? Choices are:

1. Skoda T 40
  2. Strv m/42-57
  3. Pudel
  4. AC 4 Experimental

I'm leaning toward the Skoda or the AC 4 since there are Czech & English Mediums all the way up to Tier 10, but I'd love to hear opinions on all of the tanks in question and the overall quality of the Medium lines of the four nations.

2) Would I be better off saving the gold and just moving into a good Medium line? The only lines I've really played are Russians, Americans, & Germans. Are there any 'If you like Mediums, you really need to play the [Insert Nation] line' choices to be made? England? Japan? China? 

3) What about Tier 8s? Anything that I would be a fool to pass up with the current discounts, even if I'm just going to mothball it for future use? Choices:

1. T-54 mod. 1
  2. M46 KR
  3. T26E4
  4. FV4202
  5. 59-Patton
  6. STA-2
  7. M4A1 Ravioli

Thanks in advance for any advice & info!

The only MT tank in that list that I have any experience with is the Strv M/42-57.  I don't play it a lot...in fact haven't played it in probably 2.5 years or better, but I was pretty fond of it.  Only 13 games though with a 69.23%WR.  That was before the 3/5/7 MM, so I seriously doubt I could keep that type of streak.  Plus after grinding Tier VIII & IX mostly since I've been back, the mid tiers are really chaotic for me.  And...there are a few lines I want to finish up to Tier X because not doing it is disturbing my calm...lol.

I love the Cromwell and the Comet, excellent line to pursue even all the way up to Tier X (I'm currently at the Centurion I).  From Tier VIII and up you'll want to carry over good crews up and invest in a wet ammo rack and train your loader on safe stowage.  It is pretty common anytime you get shot, doesn't matter where, your ammo rack gets hit.  Other than that, they are good hull-down tanks.  The Centurion I, at top tier can bounce shells if you angle the hull just right.  Kinda fun and trollish.  I can't say it would be better to wait and save the gold...it more depends on your playstyle.  With a few games as you have currently, you barely know the maps yet (they've all changed!).  So, I'd recommend just experimenting.  Might not be a bad idea to download the test server so that you can try several different lines before you buy them.  

For the Tier VIIIs, I would definitely not pass up on getting the T-54 mod 1.  It is a very good tank (little sluggish) with great armor.  Can't be afraid to sling premium rounds when the need calls for it.    I had the T26E4 a while back ago (before I took my break) and I couldn't make it work.  Might be different now that they did a recent buff on it.  I know other people swear by it and love the tank.  So that might be one to consider as well.

View PostProject100, on Dec 15 2018 - 11:46, said:

You guys probably already know this, but I just discovered that I wasted a bunch of shards doing something unnecessarily.

To get the maximum bonus from any collection, you only need 62/80 items in any particular collection.

The 80/80 is only needed if you want the Inscriptions/Styles/Emblems. If you don't care about the cosmetic stuff, save the shards & extra effort.

Also, the 62/80 number doesn't care what level the items are. Start at the bottom and work your way up when going for the bonuses.

Oh snap.  I wish I would've known that, I could've had bigger bonuses earlier!  :/  Thanks for that!

View Post_Promote_Synergy_, on Dec 16 2018 - 10:27, said:

I had a funny death this morning :)

Took a foch B down with me: http://wotreplays.eu...rgy-object_430u

I'll be checking this out today!

Also, congrats on your move to YOUJO!  :medal:

I did quite a bit of grinding in Tier VIII Premium tanks this weekend and was able to get my T-10 fully upgraded.  I am enjoying it a lot more now.  That last gun...holy momma it is nice!  Now to get the grind done to finish out that line and to acquire the Object 277!   Then I'll most likely focus on the K-91.  I'm hoping, by that time, I will be able to grind enough XP to get the T-44 fully upgraded before I take it out.  So far I was able to stash over 22k Free XP (already converted) towards the T-44.  

Re-sold the T-54.  Can't figure it out at all.  Played it stubbornly and was only able to get 1 or 2 shots in before the team folded or I just flat out die.  One game I was able to get about 1300 damage, but good grief; why should I choose to consistently suck that bad and be a detriment to the team?   I just don't understand how it can be "SO GOOD".  I don't get it.  

Anyway, I figured out how I wanted to do the new crewmates I acquired:

Spoiler

I need to finish the last two TD missions for the T28 Concept.  I am hoping I can do it with the Skorp G.  We'll see how that goes.  I need to get a crew going for that, which means I need to check out the German TD line to see the best route for crew training and etc.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very grateful.  

Edited by iAmEbola, Dec 17 2018 - 13:58.

itsCyberWolfe #9731 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 14:04

Captain

• Players
  • 9339 battles

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 17 2018 - 07:54, said:

Slippery Snip Incoming

Meanwhile i unlocked the T30 and T54E1 this weekend and started grinding both of those. However i screwed up and put simon claus in a nation i will never use, so i might have to attempt to open a ticket and see if support can help me with that issue. I'll also be getting the T95 here soon. Rebought the T110E5 and did much better in it the first couple of matches i had although i lost one or two. Really made people work for their gold on the sherriff account, then spent a few hours on my account. And tomorrow i have to fix the washing machine. -_-

Project100 #9732 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 14:41

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4772 battles

The only MT tank in that list that I have any experience with is the Strv M/42-57.  I don't play it a lot...in fact haven't played it in probably 2.5 years or better, but I was pretty fond of it.  Only 13 games though with a 69.23%WR.  That was before the 3/5/7 MM, so I seriously doubt I could keep that type of streak.  Plus after grinding Tier VIII & IX mostly since I've been back, the mid tiers are really chaotic for me.  And...there are a few lines I want to finish up to Tier X because not doing it is disturbing my calm...lol.

I love the Cromwell and the Comet, excellent line to pursue even all the way up to Tier X (I'm currently at the Centurion I).  From Tier VIII and up you'll want to carry over good crews up and invest in a wet ammo rack and train your loader on safe stowage.  It is pretty common anytime you get shot, doesn't matter where, your ammo rack gets hit.  Other than that, they are good hull-down tanks.  The Centurion I, at top tier can bounce shells if you angle the hull just right.  Kinda fun and trollish.  I can't say it would be better to wait and save the gold...it more depends on your playstyle.  With a few games as you have currently, you barely know the maps yet (they've all changed!).  So, I'd recommend just experimenting.  Might not be a bad idea to download the test server so that you can try several different lines before you buy them.  

For the Tier VIIIs, I would definitely not pass up on getting the T-54 mod 1.  It is a very good tank (little sluggish) with great armor.  Can't be afraid to sling premium rounds when the need calls for it.    I had the T26E4 a while back ago (before I took my break) and I couldn't make it work.  Might be different now that they did a recent buff on it.  I know other people swear by it and love the tank.  So that might be one to consider as well.

Ebola, as always, thank you for taking the time to give a thorough answer!

I Free XP'ed my way into a Matilda to start up the British Medium lines, so I particularly appreciate your advice on that topic. I'm using the Santa crewman as the commander with 4 fresh 100% underlings and holding the ladies to use as commanders in other crews. I'm not good enough to run without 6th Sense yet so I'm keeping them for where they will do me the most good.

I've decided to hold off until the holiday madness is past, both in the shops and in my sweaty, little, money-spending hands. Unless the Bromwell pops up, I can't be responsible in the face of that temptation.

The discounts on the Premium Tanks in the Tech Tree are good for how long?

Oh snap.  I wish I would've known that, I could've had bigger bonuses earlier!  :/  Thanks for that!

Glad that I could share some knowledge instead of always being the one asking :)

iAmEbola #9733 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 14:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 12682 battles

Nice.  How are you liking the T30 so far?

Oh no...I hope support can help you fix the Simon Claws issue.  That sucks!  

We should run our T110E5s together sometime. 

I really hope I get to participate the next time they do a Sheriff's Account thing.

itsCyberWolfe #9734 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 14:49

Captain

• Players
  • 9339 battles

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 17 2018 - 08:43, said:

Nice.  How are you liking the T30 so far?

Oh no...I hope support can help you fix the Simon Claws issue.  That sucks!  

We should run our T110E5s together sometime. 

I really hope I get to participate the next time they do a Sheriff's Account thing.

Well to be 100% honest the T30 is nothing more than an upgraded T34 or in the reverse sense, the T34 is nothing more than a downgraded T30. About the same amount of hull armor, has a bigger gun with much better penetration of course and all in all i've been loving it. Get it into a good hull down position and it will tear the enemy team a new butt hole. The APCR rounds will slice through most targets and that 750 alpha is just delicious. It's one of those tanks that i tried on the sherriff account and i feel in love with it. 

As for the Simon Claus and T110E5, i hope i can get it fixed and we should run ours together sometime. I'm still re-learning it but it's a fun tank and i'm doing much better in it than when i first got it a couple years ago.

I kinda wanted to see if i could give up my account and let them give it to you so you could participate, but maybe next time you'll get a chance to be a sherriff, it's a fun experience!

iAmEbola #9735 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 14:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 12682 battles

View PostProject100, on Dec 17 2018 - 07:41, said:

Ebola, as always, thank you for taking the time to give a thorough answer!

I Free XP'ed my way into a Matilda to start up the British Medium lines, so I particularly appreciate your advice on that topic. I'm using the Santa crewman as the commander with 4 fresh 100% underlings and holding the ladies to use as commanders in other crews. I'm not good enough to run without 6th Sense yet so I'm keeping them for where they will do me the most good.

I've decided to hold off until the holiday madness is past, both in the shops and in my sweaty, little, money-spending hands. Unless the Bromwell pops up, I can't be responsible in the face of that temptation.

The discounts on the Premium Tanks in the Tech Tree are good for how long?

Glad that I could share some knowledge instead of always being the one asking :)

You are most welcome. :)

Oh nice.  I went through the Covenantor  -  Crusader (when it was an LT) - Cromwell.  I have yet to acquire the Matilda.  I think after I get done with the Polish and German lines I want to work towards the Super Conqueror.  That tank is a beast and looks like a lot of fun.  Not sure I want to experience the Churchill type tanks though.  If there was a way for me to free XP up to the Caernarvon, I'd much rather do that.  LOL.  

Bromwell is a gud tonk.  Me likey.  :)

Hmmm...that's a good question regarding the Premium Tech Tree discounts.  I would imagine it would go as long as this event.  I don't know if anyone noticed but the discounts in the tech tree coincided with the Loot Crates so your compensation for getting the same tank repeatedly is at the discounted value.  That's what I am seeing, however I could be wrong.

LOL, indeed!  Thanks again.  Got the Lunar book 62/80 so I'm going to start experiencing a +50% in XP!  :)  That'll be extremely helpful too.  

iAmEbola #9736 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 14:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 12682 battles

View PostSlipperySlaughterDaddy, on Dec 17 2018 - 07:49, said:

Well to be 100% honest the T30 is nothing more than an upgraded T34 or in the reverse sense, the T34 is nothing more than a downgraded T30. About the same amount of hull armor, has a bigger gun with much better penetration of course and all in all i've been loving it. Get it into a good hull down position and it will tear the enemy team a new butt hole. The APCR rounds will slice through most targets and that 750 alpha is just delicious. It's one of those tanks that i tried on the sherriff account and i feel in love with it. 

As for the Simon Claus and T110E5, i hope i can get it fixed and we should run ours together sometime. I'm still re-learning it but it's a fun tank and i'm doing much better in it than when i first got it a couple years ago.

I kinda wanted to see if i could give up my account and let them give it to you so you could participate, but maybe next time you'll get a chance to be a sherriff, it's a fun experience!

Right, but I've never had/played the T34 (well until a few days ago, I did get one - still haven't played it yet), so that comparison, for me at least, doesn't really do anything for me as far as information goes.  Yeah, last night I bounced a shot from one...surprisingly in my T-10. I was shocked...lol.  

Absolutely.  I only have a handful of games in mine, and the crew is my original T1 Heavy Crew from when I started.  I suck pretty bad at Tier X, so I only do those now in Platoons with competent players.  

That would've been fun if they could have.  Yes, I definitely hope I an next time.  

GAJohnnie #9737 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 15:05

Major

• Players
  • 11584 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Well I had a good weekend when I could play. For some reason Microsoft thinks it knows better what needs to run on my computer then me. Log in go to battle, start driving and....999 ping. So quit playing, leave the computer on for a while and try playing once the Windows updates finally stops running.:angry:

So now the game is working and I cannot lose? Run a 10 wins 4 loss on Sunday on the EAST server. Normally I find East is where the best players hang out. Usually get wrecked trying to play on East but instead had a good day. No outstanding great plays but good solid average game play. Only memorable event was a T37 tried to COD me in my T20, 2 90mm shells later he was burning and I was hunting arty. :justwait:

Manged to grind 65,000 free exp so now I have about 155,000 free exp sitting in the bank.  However, as tempting as it is to get the Obj 430 right now,  I am still grinding out the last 34,000 exp on my T-44 with visions of Obj430s dancing in my head :)

Edited by GAJohnnie, Dec 17 2018 - 15:12.

itsCyberWolfe #9738 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 15:12

Captain

• Players
  • 9339 battles

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 17 2018 - 08:57, said:

Right, but I've never had/played the T34 (well until a few days ago, I did get one - still haven't played it yet), so that comparison, for me at least, doesn't really do anything for me as far as information goes.  Yeah, last night I bounced a shot from one...surprisingly in my T-10. I was shocked...lol.  

Absolutely.  I only have a handful of games in mine, and the crew is my original T1 Heavy Crew from when I started.  I suck pretty bad at Tier X, so I only do those now in Platoons with competent players.  

That would've been fun if they could have.  Yes, I definitely hope I an next time.  

Ah, right. I forgot you hadn't gotten that one before. Well a little better comparison is that it plays like all american tanks, a good strong turret with a squishy hull. So hull down and you're good to go.

I have like, 6 matches in my E5. XD

iAmEbola #9739 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 15:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 12682 battles

View PostGAJohnnie, on Dec 17 2018 - 08:05, said:

Well I had a good weekend when I could play. For some reason Microsoft thinks it knows better what needs to run on my computer then me. Log in go to battle, start driving and....999 ping. So quit playing, leave the computer on for a while and try playing once the Windows updates finally stops running.:angry:

So now the game is working and I cannot lose? Run a 10 wins 4 loss on Sunday on the EAST server. Normally I find East is where the best players hang out. Usually get wrecked trying to play on East but instead had a good day. No outstanding great plays but good solid average game play. Only memorable event was a T37 tried to COD me in my T20, 2 90mm shells later he was burning and I was hunting arty. :justwait:

Manged to grind 65000 free exp so now I have about 155,000 free exp sitting in the bank.  However, as tempting as it is to get the Obj 430 right now,  I am still grinding out the last 34,000 exp on my T-44 with visions of Obj430s dancing in my head :)

LOL on the updates.  That would drive me nuts.    Good story on the T20, that made me chuckle a little. 

WOW...that a lot of Free XP.  Yeah, I'd save it and use the banked XP to make sure the Obj 430 is fully upgraded before you take it out.  If my sources are correct, you'll only need slightly more than half of that to get it fully upgraded.  Then you can use the remainder XP for another line.

iAmEbola #9740 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 15:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 12682 battles

View PostSlipperySlaughterDaddy, on Dec 17 2018 - 08:12, said:

Ah, right. I forgot you hadn't gotten that one before. Well a little better comparison is that it plays like all american tanks, a good strong turret with a squishy hull. So hull down and you're good to go.

I have like, 6 matches in my E5. XD

HAHA...nice.  Ok.  How does the pen values and gun handling compare to the T32?

Nice.  I have a few more than that...maybe 20?  

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users