Hi I'm New and Stupid!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

DxMxD #1 Posted Jun 22 2011 - 05:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15711 battles
So during fathers day weekend I have bought, played, and upgraded my fair share of tanks!

I ended up buying the camo net 3 times because I accidentally sold it when I sold my tank without equipping it 3 times during the weekend. Now I log in today and see the price doubled and I have no camo nets left.....

Thanks guys and It's good to be here! I Hope I'll fit right in!

DeplorableYinzer #2 Posted Jun 22 2011 - 05:43

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28145 battles
  • [P-F] P-F
LOL

Don't mean to laugh but I've sold my share of equipment during the beta. I hate that because as soon as you press the "SELL" button you are trying to take it back.....knowing 200K credits (or 100K during the weekend) just went down the drain. That's usually a mistake you only make once though. Usually...

http://forum.worldof...mile_amazed.gif

Nisae #3 Posted Jun 22 2011 - 05:48

Major

• Players
  • 15170 battles
It's kay.

I sold my 100%+90% crews on my tiger because I forgot to port them over to the tiger II.

There goes my crew from pzIV.:huh:

DxMxD #4 Posted Jun 22 2011 - 05:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15711 battles
So any tips for making credits? I have a pxkpfw (F) I got with gold, 100% crew and optics and and I get put into Tier 1-3 matches but I seem to only make like 1,000 credits per match Regardless of leading the team in kills or even standing in place and getting killed without doing anything, I still make only about 1,000 credits / match pretty much no matter what I do.

Do higher tiers give you more credits?

The first match I played in the MS-1 blew my mind and I knew I had too support this great game with a couple dollars! Also how do in game clans and groups work? What do I do if I want too play with real-life buddies?

P.S I also have a Luchs but it goes sooooooo slowwwwwwww

sampak #5 Posted Jun 22 2011 - 06:10

Captain

• Players
  • 13043 battles
  • [DTD] DTD
You start making good money at Tier 5 and 6. You start losing money to repair bills roughly at Tier 7 and worse higher you go. The idea being you run lower tier tanks to pay for high tier ones (and keeps the low tiers populated).

Tier 3-4 you make 1000-5000 or so depending on if you win and stay alive, so it's not too much.

DO NOT buy any consumables (3000 down the drain honestly) at all until you get to Tier 7+. Even then they're hit or miss for me.

Zakume #6 Posted Jun 22 2011 - 07:32

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 31445 battles

View PostDxMxD, on Jun 22 2011 - 05:56, said:

So any tips for making credits? I have a pxkpfw (F) I got with gold, 100% crew and optics and and I get put into Tier 1-3 matches but I seem to only make like 1,000 credits per match Regardless of leading the team in kills or even standing in place and getting killed without doing anything, I still make only about 1,000 credits / match pretty much no matter what I do.

Do higher tiers give you more credits?

The first match I played in the MS-1 blew my mind and I knew I had too support this great game with a couple dollars! Also how do in game clans and groups work? What do I do if I want too play with real-life buddies?

P.S I also have a Luchs but it goes sooooooo slowwwwwwww

To make credits, either buy a Lowe/KV-5, convert gold to credits, get a tier 5/6, or a combination of those.

Yes, the higher tier you go, the more credits you will make. But starting at tier 7, the tank repair bill as well as shell costs goes way up, so even though you make say 60k credits in a match at tier 10, if you died and shot half your rounds, thats about 30k for the tank and 15k for the shells, netting you only about 15k for a great round. Tier 5-6 is the sweet spot where you make a bunch of credits, while the repair costs and shell costs stay low, usually less than 4k total for both, so you can make about 35k profit for a 40k round.

Btw you get more xp and credits for how much damage you do. You could get 5 kills but only last hit them and get less credits than getting 1 kill, but doing alot of damage to other tanks, and/or bringing that 1 kill from 100% to 0% yourself.

The Luchs is actually very fast, get the upgrades for it and you will see.

In-game clans work basically by someone making one and people join it. There are guides stickied everywhere on these forums showing you how to make one or join one.

If your buddies want to play with you, just make a platoon, and three of you can play together. Just make sure one of you has a premium account to make it. If you have more than 2 other friends, then have everyone make their own platoons and do a 3,2,1 count and all click battle at the same time. Example: you have 5 friends, 3 of them in their own platoon, and 2 with you. Using Ventrilo, Skype, Teamspeak, etc., have someone countdown 3,2,1 and have the platoon leaders click battle at the same time once everyone is ready. This will usually get you into the same battle, maybe not same teams though, as long as everyone has the same tiered tanks, or close to it.

SirBarnick #7 Posted Jun 23 2011 - 19:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18200 battles
Easiest way to make credit, by far, is to buy a Lowe.

I'm not kidding.

Its not unusual to make 75,000+ in a match.  Even with a loss you can make 50,000 credits without much effort.  There is no other vehicle that comes remotely close (although the premium M6 is getting a boost to its credit potential next patch).

CaptCrusader #8 Posted Jun 23 2011 - 22:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4477 battles
Dont feel too bad. A couple days ago I sold my t-34-85 to make room for a new KV-13. However, I sold off the T-34s 100% crew (with 85% repair skill too), a vent and spall liner included. Not a good day for me.  :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users