ok a really noob question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

MysteryMan3 #1 Posted Jun 22 2011 - 05:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 1833 battles
I've decided on advice in forums that I will get German tank destroyers in the tech tree. I've researched the Panzerjager I from the Leichtetraktor but I can't select the Panzerjager. Do I have to purchase it to use it?

hunter56 #2 Posted Jun 22 2011 - 05:54

Sergeant

• Special Beta Testers
  • 20616 battles
yes you have to buy the tank and the guns and ammo and crew

MysteryMan3 #3 Posted Jun 22 2011 - 05:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 1833 battles
Thanks. I guess this game is a real time-consumer.

Zakume #4 Posted Jun 22 2011 - 07:19

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 31445 battles

View PostMysteryMan3, on Jun 22 2011 - 05:56, said:

Lol wat? Not at those tiers it isnt. You can elite all three tier 1 tanks in like..10 battles? Getting a Panzerjager I should take..5 battles, maybe 8 tops?

Kophka #5 Posted Jun 22 2011 - 07:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10792 battles

Yes, it really is. Especially when you start making some friends in-game, or pull some buddies from other games to come play with you. There's always the "I can't leave on a winning streak", or "I just need 5k more xp for <something>", "I ain't leaving until I win one". It's even worse when it's your buddy that needs the "bit more" xp or credits. :) You'll spend a lot of time here when that happens.

FryaDuck #6 Posted Jun 22 2011 - 08:25

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 10974 battles
and this is bad?

Shaviv #7 Posted Jun 22 2011 - 17:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2155 battles
Online games are time-sinks. I myself have been buying a few Tier II vehicles, making them Elite... since I can't afford to buy gold right now, I can only have five tanks at a time. All of them are elite. If I want to upgrade, I'll need >70k credits... and I have about 40k (and want to buy a second 33k-credit radio). That's just the way it goes.

Oh, btw?

You'll get into games where you spot three people, you blow up four, and you damage an additional five (meaning you get a good bit of XP and credits), but then you end up as the last guy on your team against three or four enemy tanks. Your teammates will - after totally ignoring you and neglecting to give you any help or advice - suddenly start telling you what to do, or more likely insult your ability to play, your sexuality, your personal hygiene and your parentage. I had a round like that just the other day - as the last one from my team, I moseyed into the enemy's flag circle, where I was met by a tank in front of me... and as I was fighting him, a Bison gun carrier rolled up and destroyed the crap out of me with a single hit. THAT's when my teammates started talking to me.

Dirtyherby #8 Posted Jun 22 2011 - 22:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8491 battles

This game combines many different gaming styles into one.  The least of which is RPG, so yes there is grinding involved - alot of grinding.

MysteryMan3 #9 Posted Jun 23 2011 - 14:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 1833 battles
ok ive been playing for a few days now and i have the hetzer and ive realised that it takes absolutely forever to get the xp because im not that great.
does anyone know a faster way of getting xp?

secondly, what are tiers? people talk about but im not sure what they are. are they the little numbers next to players names in the matchmaking lists?
please explain.

Shaviv #10 Posted Jun 23 2011 - 15:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2155 battles

View PostMysteryMan3, on Jun 23 2011 - 14:56, said:

ok ive been playing for a few days now and i have the hetzer and ive realised that it takes absolutely forever to get the xp because im not that great.

secondly, what are tiers? people talk about but im not sure what they are. are they the little numbers next to players names in the matchmaking lists?
please explain.
Tiers are basically the layers in the tech tree. Your Leichtetraktor is Tier I because it's at the top, where a Maus is Tier 10 (Tier X if you like) because it's another nine layers down. Generally, the higher the tier, the more powerful the tank is. BUT: Remember that when you buy a new tank, it comes with only the most basic equipment, and it is likely to suck until you upgrade it. Now, once you've researched all the upgrades, you should choose the ones that fit your play style. Okay, upgrade the engine, suspension, and radio all the way; but you often have a choice of a high-penetration, very precise gun that does lower damage (sniper cannon) vs. a low-pen, inaccurate gun that does tremendous damage (i.e., a derpgun). Which one you choose depends on your play-style. If you like it close-up and dirty, take the derpgun and lead from the front. If you like reaping the enemy like corn, take the sniper gun and hang back so you can harry them to death (or immobilize them for arty).

wwii_fanatic #11 Posted Jun 23 2011 - 15:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26572 battles

View PostMysteryMan3, on Jun 23 2011 - 14:56, said:

please explain.

Tiers represent the differant levels of tanks there are in the game, ranging from tier 1 to tier 10. If you take a look at a tank that is in your garage by looking at the small picture of it in your tank list, you will see a roman numeral on it. This represents the tier that your tank is in. With your Hetzer, you will see the roman numeral IV which means that that is a tier 4 tank destroyer, and depending on the matchmaking, you will be fighting against tanks raanging from tiers 2 or 3(can't remember the low end) up to tier 6 tanks, and the higher the tier, the more advanced the vehicles are.

As for making xp faster, getting a premium account really helps. It makes a noticeable diefferance in the long run. Other then that, all you can do is just grind your way through the battles and just do your best and hope that your team is smart enough to pull out a victory.

MysteryMan3 #12 Posted Jun 23 2011 - 23:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 1833 battles
thanks. now i think i understand all i really need to know.

peace out! :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users