Back-plane question.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

by7antine #1 Posted Jun 24 2011 - 07:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18963 battles
Not sure if I have the terminology right.  Forward (or front) plane is how far you can see in front of you in-game.  Back-plane is how far behind.  (For WoT a few yards in max TPS zoom-out.)

My question is this:  do any of you find that when your back-plane view is over rocks, building, mountain, etc that your SPG/TD/turret will try to turn around backward (toward the back-plane) and AWAY from the area you are actually looking at?

I was wondering if this was a common issue or if something is borked with my preferences.xml maybe.

Marseille #2 Posted Jun 24 2011 - 08:35

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 11036 battles
  • [COD] COD
Yeah, that's completely normal and it's a real pain in the ass - it's given me quite a bit of hurt, to say the least! My best explanation is that your tank is always aiming at whatever your reticle is over, and said reticle is pasted onto your screen/HUD/whatever you'd like to call it. Zoom back far enough for a boulder to be between your "screen" and your tank, and the game will believe that you're aiming at the boulder and cause your tank to turn its turret accordingly.

It also explains why your tank's gun will elevate as you get closer to a building while aiming at it. Also a pain in the ass in close quarters city situations, though it's somewhat avoidable by holding down the right mouse button.

pekiti #3 Posted Jun 24 2011 - 21:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3669 battles
Best thing to do is hold right mouse button down, or use the 'lock tracks/turret' key while you do the panning or zooming.

by7antine #4 Posted Jun 24 2011 - 22:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18963 battles
Thank you  :Smile_honoring: .  I thought the Gods of WoT might be out to get me.  Just paranoid though!    :Smile-hiding:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users