How to draw... Good and Bad Teams

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Medessec #1 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 03:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 26431 battles
  • [GNET] GNET

This guide's going to be a special one. For those just interested in the drawing, you can scroll down to look at the images, and then move on. But I have a story to go with this one- and it's optional, you can choose to read on or not.

You see, yesterday, I was cred-grinding in my Lowe, and I came across quite the game. A Tier 8 top tier on Winterburg, except I was the ONLY top tier, and I was pitted against an IS-6. I stupidly went into town alone, and he went into town as well, but ended up having to engage me one on one with no support. I didn't have any support either, and he got the first shot, but he still lost after bouncing me twice.

It's all outlined in this video.

Normally, I'd be ecstatic and overjoyed of outplaying an overplayed Russian Heavy Pref. MM Premium tank, but I kinda felt for the guy. If his team was better, or even only as good as mine, he likely would have won that engagement. And it made me think about all the bad and good teams we get in general... and how frustrated that guy would have been, and how frustrated most of us would be in that position.

The moment kinda lingered in my brain, and I decided to make a drawing based off of it.

I started off with just the tanks.

Just the hulls. It's pretty easy to tell what tank these hulls belong to.

Running gear. At this point, I found out it's incredibly taxing on my brain to do the steps on both tanks, side by side, doing these individual elements on two tanks and not just on one.

Running gear completed with detail. I also added the skirts to both tanks and some details to the hulls.

Alright, I was done doing both tanks step by step, so I just did the Lowe's turret and gun all in one go. I used measurements compared to the reference to point-plot where the lines for the gun would go, other than that, it's all freehand, which is why it doesn't look like the reference.

IS-6's turret and gun with some additional details to both tanks.

Drew a podium and flash effect(kind of a cartoony "BOOM" look to make it look epic) and slightly moved the IS6 a bit to line it up better with the Lowe.

The final image. This is a 1920x1080 wallpaper for those who are curious. This drawing, despite how time consuming it was... it was actually quite fun. Kind of like immortalizing a moment in time. Plus, I've kinda wanted to do an epic-style wallpaper like this, and I think it fits the bill. And I know a lot of you wanted me to draw the IS6, so here ya go. I know it's not a bigger, cooler drawing JUST for that tank, I'll probably do one down the road if I get through enough of my request list.

Album Link: http://imgur.com/a/QD9Di

Battle Replay Link: http://wotreplays.eu/site/1947233#winterberg-medessec-l_we

The battle scene reference image: http://imgur.com/vRPDMdA

And before I let you go:

Just remember that even when you get a bad team, and have a bad battle, there's always more game to come. You might have a streak and end up with a bunch of bad teams, but as long as you still get some damage and give the winning team a *little bit* of a hard time, you're making the game a better place for all the rest of the players on the server. Playing hard is all a part of what makes this game such an incredible challenge for everyone, and makes it more worthwhile. You might not believe that when you're one shot away from dying, or if you're an SPG on a losing flank, or a TD with no spotters and mediums on the way to kill you, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzgPXOw2plI

Hope everyone's grinding out there is going good, and happy tanking everybody. Sorry for the cheesy topic.

Edited by Medessec, Jun 13 2015 - 04:00.

HowitzerBlitzer #2 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 03:58

Major

• Players
  • 14988 battles

View PostMedessec, on Jun 12 2015 - 21:55, said:

Hope everyone's grinding out there is going good, and happy tanking everybody. 

Bye!

Medessec #3 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 04:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 26431 battles
  • [GNET] GNET

View PostHowitzerBlitzer, on Jun 13 2015 - 02:58, said:

Bye!

hmm.... yeah.

This is as probably as bad as just grabbing something out of context and presuming something can get.

You need to read the story to get what I was talking about. I'm not leaving or going off to WarThunder, in fact... quite the opposite.

Commder_Kozak #4 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 04:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15861 battles

not to be rude or anything, but im not sure what you are complaining about or questioning or what ever you are doing, they guy had a bad game, happens to all of us, had his/her team actually done something, or had the T29 come with the IS6 and 2 v 1 you maybe he/she would have had a better game, but what happened, happened, its nothing to lose sleep over

Medessec #5 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 04:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 26431 battles
  • [GNET] GNET

View PostCommder_Kozak, on Jun 13 2015 - 03:32, said:

not to be rude or anything, but im not sure what you are complaining about or questioning or what ever you are doing, they guy had a bad game, happens to all of us, had his/her team actually done something, or had the T29 come with the IS6 and 2 v 1 you maybe he/she would have had a better game, but what happened, happened, its nothing to lose sleep over

Not complaining.

Nothing about this moment, by itself, stuck out to me. It's kinda tough to explain- but it kinda made me think about all the times we've been in the same situation as that guy, and how unbelievably frustrated some of us get. You're right, it's nothing to lose sleep over, but I kinda wanted to draw the moment just for the heck of it... you know. Kind of a trophy of "good sportsmanship" sort of thing.

It's a bit confusing and complex... but yeah. Just enjoy the drawing. lol

Edited by Medessec, Jun 13 2015 - 04:35.

Commder_Kozak #6 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 04:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15861 battles

View PostMedessec, on Jun 12 2015 - 23:34, said:

Not complaining.

Nothing about this moment, by itself, stuck out to me. It's kinda tough to explain- but it kinda made me think about all the times we've been in the same situation as that guy, and how unbelievably frustrated some of us get. You're right, it's nothing to lose sleep over, but I kinda wanted to draw the moment just for the heck of it... you know. Kind of a trophy of "good sportsmanship" sort of thing.

It's a bit confusing and complex... but yeah. Just enjoy the drawing. lol

it is a good drawing . . . love one of the KV-1 or PZ4 but seeing as those are fairly unpopular oh well, but I do get it, you can personally put yourself in that IS6s shoes, so I understand why you would make this thread and drawing now.

rover5700heirloom #7 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 05:38

Major

• Players
  • 44136 battles
Nice

Emmett257 #8 Posted Jul 10 2015 - 04:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7206 battles

Lowe is IS-6s nemesis 

just enough armor to give big problems and aims down with monster penetration

1 user(s) are reading this topic