AW vs WOT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
328 replies to this topic

21Blackjack #321 Posted Jan 20 2016 - 23:06

Major

• Players
  • 20792 battles

View PostHazardDrake, on Jan 20 2016 - 20:53, said:

Part of the "problem" is that you have a bunch of people like me, who used to play just tanks, who now spend most of their time over in Warships. I didn't mostly stop playing tanks because I am sick of it, I moved over to warships because I like warships better than tanks right now.

I can easily see that taking a couple thousand people off of the NA servers.

Really? I could never get into Warships.  I think a lot of people just got burnt out of WoT and moved to Warships because they also had interest in ships and it was new and refreshing.

picklejuice_63 #322 Posted Jan 21 2016 - 18:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

View PostDeputy276, on Jan 20 2016 - 20:26, said:

I play mainly in the evening. All I know is the NA server West is almost dead after 10PM. Everyone has to play East to get a game with halfway decent MM. Be careful about "counts". Many people stay connected even when they aren't playing the game.So "online" counts become pretty meaningless.

People will say anything and use any excuse to make the game seem dead.

Battleship_Constitution #323 Posted Jan 21 2016 - 21:28

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 14252 battles

Here is my take on both games.

WoT likes: Worlds war appeal. It drew me in because I love that time period. The game was complex even early on and made more dynamic with newer armor systems and game play styles.

Wot dislikes: Game meta changes every single time a new tank comes out. Then WG nerfs tank to the point it is garbage I.E type 59, waffle.

WoT Arty: I have no real issue with arty. Arty currently is not broke, HE and HEAT pen values vs armor values of top of tanks are broken. 100 avg pen on top Arty HEAT rounds vs 35 avg top of hull/turret armor of tank in game. Anyone who knows how HE and HEAT work will tell you if it pens it does MASSIVE DAMAGE.

AW likes: I drove an Abrams in the army. so of course to drive one in a PvP type game is cool. Almost a 100% destructible environment is nice as well. 

AW dislikes: Too new aged for me. Laser damage enhancers, rockets and arty warning systems are not my thing. Yes for this game they work being a modern war fare era game. Armor mechs are lacking in the game. Seems to me but penning tanks is easier than say WoT

AW Arty: Fires too fast, can STILL only be countered by other arty. And accurate. So these issues bother me because even with being spotted after firing you STILL must brake past lines to counter arty. Hell I will hold my shots until the enemy fires first. Take the arty away from a team then I have no counter. Nothing broken about that.......honestly get over that.

wolfy89 #324 Posted Jan 21 2016 - 22:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 1229 battles
armored warfare i plays and is more fun anyways ....

Deputy276 #325 Posted Jan 21 2016 - 22:37

Major

• Players
  • 19926 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostBattleship_Constitution, on Jan 21 2016 - 14:28, said:

Here is my take on both games.

WoT likes: Worlds war appeal. It drew me in because I love that time period. The game was complex even early on and made more dynamic with newer armor systems and game play styles.

Wot dislikes: Game meta changes every single time a new tank comes out. Then WG nerfs tank to the point it is garbage I.E type 59, waffle.

WoT Arty: I have no real issue with arty. Arty currently is not broke, HE and HEAT pen values vs armor values of top of tanks are broken. 100 avg pen on top Arty HEAT rounds vs 35 avg top of hull/turret armor of tank in game. Anyone who knows how HE and HEAT work will tell you if it pens it does MASSIVE DAMAGE.

AW likes: I drove an Abrams in the army. so of course to drive one in a PvP type game is cool. Almost a 100% destructible environment is nice as well. 

AW dislikes: Too new aged for me. Laser damage enhancers, rockets and arty warning systems are not my thing. Yes for this game they work being a modern war fare era game. Armor mechs are lacking in the game. Seems to me but penning tanks is easier than say WoT

AW Arty: Fires too fast, can STILL only be countered by other arty. And accurate. So these issues bother me because even with being spotted after firing you STILL must brake past lines to counter arty. Hell I will hold my shots until the enemy fires first. Take the arty away from a team then I have no counter. Nothing broken about that.......honestly get over that.

Well said. What turns me off about WOT is they've had the exact same  problems for YEARS and do nothing about them. Plus their "patented MM" is completely broken. Add to that the tanks are from pre-war era to post-war era, and jamming them all together just doesn't work. Final nail in the WOT coffin is they change the tanks based on "boo-hoo, I can't pen this tank, or this tank gets penned too much". Historical accuracy of the tanks is nil. Guns that were never installed on tanks that were mainly prototypes or imaginary vehicles. I still play WOT, but I certainly don't "take it seriously", if you can take ANY game seriously. :teethhappy:

The other tank game (I can't even use it's initials because WOT suspended me for 3 days for doing so, talk about insecure!): The last patch (not this newest one) really screwed up PvE. Enemy tanks spawning next to, directly behind, or ON TOP OF YOU is just nuts. According to the developers, it will be fixed in the next patch. I sure hope so. Right now Easy mode in PvE is the only really playable mode. I served on an M60A1 and the one in-game is pretty decent. Looks real. Is slow like the real ones. Laser aiming exists on present-day tanks, so I don't mind that. Not crazy about PvE tanks having it and abusing it, though. Worst thing I see with the other game is the mixing together of TDs, IFVs, and APCs all fighting each other. Sorry, but an MBT would toast any one of them with one shot. And TDs are non-existent on the modern battlefield. Most countries that use them are 3rd world dumps that can't afford a real tank.    

Edited by Deputy276, Jan 21 2016 - 22:39.

picklejuice_63 #326 Posted Jan 21 2016 - 22:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

View PostDeputy276, on Jan 21 2016 - 22:37, said:

Well said. What turns me off about WOT is they've had the exact same  problems for YEARS and do nothing about them. Plus their "patented MM" is completely broken. Add to that the tanks are from pre-war era to post-war era, and jamming them all together just doesn't work. Final nail in the WOT coffin is they change the tanks based on "boo-hoo, I can't pen this tank, or this tank gets penned too much". Historical accuracy of the tanks is nil. Guns that were never installed on tanks that were mainly prototypes or imaginary vehicles. I still play WOT, but I certainly don't "take it seriously", if you can take ANY game seriously. :teethhappy:

The other tank game (I can't even use it's initials because WOT suspended me for 3 days for doing so, talk about insecure!): The last patch (not this newest one) really screwed up PvE. Enemy tanks spawning next to, directly behind, or ON TOP OF YOU is just nuts. According to the developers, it will be fixed in the next patch. I sure hope so. Right now Easy mode in PvE is the only really playable mode. I served on an M60A1 and the one in-game is pretty decent. Looks real. Is slow like the real ones. Laser aiming exists no present-day tanks, so I don't mind that. Not crazy about PvE tanks having it and abusing it, though. Worst thing I see with the other game is the mixing together of TDs, IFVs, and APCs all fighting each other. Sorry, but an MBT would toast any one of them with one shot. And TDs are non-existent on the modern battlefield. Most countries that use them are 3rd world dumps that can't afford a real tank.    

It takes a genius to say WOT tanks do not work, when the game clearly works. The final nail? You dont seem to understand that WOT is not close to dying do you? 

I hope you enjoy the other game. Bye Felicia.

Ecksdeee #327 Posted Jan 22 2016 - 02:14

Major

• Players
  • 17178 battles
  • [WRPCK] WRPCK

View PostDeputy276, on Jan 21 2016 - 22:37, said:

The other tank game (I can't even use it's initials because WOT suspended me for 3 days for doing so, talk about insecure!): The last patch (not this newest one) really screwed up PvE. Enemy tanks spawning next to, directly behind, or ON TOP OF YOU is just nuts. According to the developers, it will be fixed in the next patch. I sure hope so. Right now Easy mode in PvE is the only really playable mode. I served on an M60A1 and the one in-game is pretty decent. Looks real. Is slow like the real ones. Laser aiming exists on present-day tanks, so I don't mind that. Not crazy about PvE tanks having it and abusing it, though. Worst thing I see with the other game is the mixing together of TDs, IFVs, and APCs all fighting each other. Sorry, but an MBT would toast any one of them with one shot. And TDs are non-existent on the modern battlefield. Most countries that use them are 3rd world dumps that can't afford a real tank.    

That's funny. I've used AW in posts plenty w/o being r/o'd for it. Maybe that's because instead of people trying to sneakily promote the 2 games they should steer conversation in a way that doesn't turn a thread into "no screw you this is better , NO SCREW YOU THIS IS BETTER".

Deputy276 #328 Posted Jan 22 2016 - 02:25

Major

• Players
  • 19926 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View Postshadowhazcookie, on Jan 21 2016 - 19:14, said:

That's funny. I've used AW in posts plenty w/o being r/o'd for it. Maybe that's because instead of people trying to sneakily promote the 2 games they should steer conversation in a way that doesn't turn a thread into "no screw you this is better , NO SCREW YOU THIS IS BETTER".

I didn't try to promote. It was a thread similar to this one. Just comparing the two. One of the mods just had  a bad day I guess. No biggie. 

Pigeon_of_War #329 Posted Jan 29 2016 - 00:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9799 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hey Tankers!

This year will bring FIVE years of World of Tanks in North American, and as we continue  to grow and develop our game, we appreciate all your feedback

World of Tanks have pioneered a genre based on a love of tank warfare and a passion for military history. We are excited to see other companies compete in this space which helps drive more attention to Free-to-play and history based games that we love.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users