• This topic is locked This topic is locked
328 replies to this topic

ScoobsTank #261 Posted Dec 04 2015 - 16:15

Major

• Players
  • 24477 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View PostDaddyEggs15, on Dec 04 2015 - 08:39, said:

Again, this is just your opinion, cupcake.  Get over it.  Go play AW.  Nobody cares.

One final question, though, how many battles would be an acceptable number - to you - before someone's opinion becomes valid?  I don't think it takes most people (window-lickers, like you, excluded) to see that AW is a direct rip-off of WoT and that it sucks something fierce.

Dude you are just a re-roll/troll and not even very good at either one. 

You know very little about the other game other then you dont like how it played 6 patches ago when you played a couple games (which I really doubt). OK great, let it go man.

too_loud #262 Posted Dec 04 2015 - 16:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8589 battles
  • [SUPRM] SUPRM

Blottomiato #263 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 02:30

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4529 battles

View PostScoobsTank, on Dec 04 2015 - 10:15, said:

Dude you are just a re-roll/troll and not even very good at either one. 

You know very little about the other game other then you dont like how it played 6 patches ago when you played a couple games (which I really doubt). OK great, let it go man.

Dude, you're just another whiner who hasn't played WoT in months.  If you hate it so much, why are you still here?  You don't see me - or for that matter - anyone from WoT on AW's forum trolling that community, do you?  My point exactly.

You are right about a couple of things, though:  I'm a re-roll.  I'm not a very good one (yet). Like so many of us, I started playing WoT a couple of years ago without the slightest clue about what I was doing for the first 5k+ battles.  By re-rolling, I hope to correct the errors of my noobish ways.  That's all.  I'm sorry that you and others who rage-quit WoT months ago can't accept the fact that there's some of us who still like the game in spite of its egregious flaws and shortcomings.  But, troll?  C'mon, man.  I didn't respond to this thread to troll anyone - only to express my opinion about AW vs WoT and to correct a misperception about WoT being a 'Russian' game.  Obviously, you can't handle that so, whatever.  Enjoy AW!  FYI - my last battle was in August.  You mean to tell me there's been six patches since then?  Wow.  What a POS!

Edited by DaddyEggs15, Dec 05 2015 - 02:31.

ScoobsTank #264 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 04:35

Major

• Players
  • 24477 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View PostDaddyEggs15, on Dec 04 2015 - 19:30, said:

Dude, you're just another whiner who hasn't played WoT in months.  If you hate it so much, why are you still here?  You don't see me - or for that matter - anyone from WoT on AW's forum trolling that community, do you?  My point exactly.

You are right about a couple of things, though:  I'm a re-roll.  I'm not a very good one (yet). Like so many of us, I started playing WoT a couple of years ago without the slightest clue about what I was doing for the first 5k+ battles.  By re-rolling, I hope to correct the errors of my noobish ways.  That's all.  I'm sorry that you and others who rage-quit WoT months ago can't accept the fact that there's some of us who still like the game in spite of its egregious flaws and shortcomings.  But, troll?  C'mon, man.  I didn't respond to this thread to troll anyone - only to express my opinion about AW vs WoT and to correct a misperception about WoT being a 'Russian' game.  Obviously, you can't handle that so, whatever.  Enjoy AW!  FYI - my last battle was in August.  You mean to tell me there's been six patches since then?  Wow.  What a POS!

Always keep checking here in hopes that the devs will fix some of the broken crap in this game instead of just adding more high alpha crap so that  bad players can one shot stuff. Yes, you see many of the WoT faithful in those forums mad because the game is in beta. Yet this game is 4 years old and still seems like beta. My hope for AW was to get just enough business to force these russians to actually do something about arty and the other broken crap, as I really like the tanks of this era so much better. But it appears they dont care about fixing anything which is fine I will  just keep giving my money to the other game until the do, if ever

People think its russian because of how the devs favor the russian tanks. Game balance means nothing to these people.

Yes 6 patches because they actually do fix things, unlike other crap games that just let stuff stay broken for 4 years and counting. If you have not played that game in four months, you really shouldn't comment on it. As you dont have a clue how it plays now.

Kyogre #265 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 07:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11055 battles
  • [F-J] F-J

View PostDaddyEggs15, on Dec 04 2015 - 15:39, said:

Again, this is just your opinion, cupcake.  Get over it.  Go play AW.  Nobody cares.

One final question, though, how many battles would be an acceptable number - to you - before someone's opinion becomes valid?  I don't think it takes most people (window-lickers, like you, excluded) to see that AW is a direct rip-off of WoT and that it sucks something fierce.

Adamant towards WG, I admire your loyalty

Blottomiato #266 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 14:17

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4529 battles

View PostScoobsTank, on Dec 04 2015 - 22:35, said:

Always keep checking here in hopes that the devs will fix some of the broken crap in this game instead of just adding more high alpha crap so that  bad players can one shot stuff. Yes, you see many of the WoT faithful in those forums mad because the game is in beta. Yet this game is 4 years old and still seems like beta. My hope for AW was to get just enough business to force these russians to actually do something about arty and the other broken crap, as I really like the tanks of this era so much better. But it appears they dont care about fixing anything which is fine I will  just keep giving my money to the other game until the do, if ever

People think its russian because of how the devs favor the russian tanks. Game balance means nothing to these people.

Yes 6 patches because they actually do fix things, unlike other crap games that just let stuff stay broken for 4 years and counting. If you have not played that game in four months, you really shouldn't comment on it. As you dont have a clue how it plays now.

Your points are extremely valid.  I think we agree more than we disagree.

Yes, if there's one thing that WG is clueless about, it's the concept of balance.  I've played WoT for a couple of years and at this point, I gotta believe that it's intentional.  WG isn't stupid and they're not leaving aspects of the game un-fixed because they don't know how to fix them.  My opinion is that it's a business-model.  Software - be it  gaming, business, or whatever - is intentionally not optimized so companies (Apple is the best example) can always keep their customers baited and breathless, waiting for the next patch/update to address 'issues'.  WG isn't doing that because they're a 'Russian company', they're doing it because it's the new business model for all technology companies.  They fear the moment they announce their product is fully-optimized, it'll be the signal for customers to move-on and find something else because they can't make it any better.  Look at the iPhone?  How many updates and patches do we get per year with those pieces of junk?  My opinion is that WG is simply following a well-established business practice that started in the USA - not Russia.  In other words, I'm not holding my breath, waiting for WG to fix the game.  If/when they do, it'll be over the course of years, not months. 

ChzBrgr1 #267 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 14:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33741 battles
If you play AW post your drivel on the AW forum.

yereverluvinunclebert #268 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 16:50

Major

• Players
  • 16641 battles
Or state it here on this post as it is appropriate to do so...

ledhed14 #269 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 23:10

Major

• Players
  • 14487 battles
  • [_SOA_] _SOA_

LOL - I play WT , WOT , WOWS , WOWP , AW and have a Steam library full of games .  The whole point of the thread is to discuss the impact if any of AW on WOT . Since I have years and thousands of USD invested in WOT and the others in their arsenal of games , My money shows what I think more than empty words . But having played and still playing the others I have some thoughts and opinions , based on my experience how they stack up .

WOT is king of the hill but to stay there now needs to improve and even change some aspects of the game .

AW is backed by a well known and VERY competent developer and provider and can not be dismissed . It has gotten mostly all good reviews and does have aspects it handles better than WOT . But in the end it is based on Modern Armour and weapons and that is the distinction , It copied WOT in hopes of leaching the population to support it . May players tried it and are back in WOT already . Some play both . It is a win for players as it offers competition and WOT owes them for the copy and should take what's best from them and use it here , like ARTY .

WT , Stagnant and a money sponge of a game with management that will ignore players with total arrogant disregard and it shows in their place in the bottom of the list of this genre . They do Planes WELL if not the best and offer the best online easy access sim type for both land and air BUT are badly balanced and you will have issues with types and BR and most everything they do . The most clearly out for cash and designed to get to the wallet game in the list . Still has a great design but management is the stone keeping it down. Has it's Niche in realistic type gameplay and arcade style Aircraft are benchmarks . Not a threat to WOT just your wallet . The most " Russian " game in the mix.

This is how I see them .

WOT has so many things and types of gameplay . built on a solid foundation they keep improving to be challenged directly . It is very well managed compared to the others , but caveat is AW is new and can surprise . 

I personally enjoy all three current WG offerings , even WOWP has its charms and distinct style , It suffers from digging itself a hole and has a long battle to ever overcome the negative press it accrued . But WG is given credit for continued dedication and improvement . They do NOT give up .

I admit to bias in Wargaming's favor as this was my first game of the bunch and I have much invested in it . But I invested in WT also and that was a POOR decision as it has proven out in long term .

Edited by ledhed14, Dec 05 2015 - 23:10.

yereverluvinunclebert #270 Posted Dec 06 2015 - 01:43

Major

• Players
  • 16641 battles
Well said.

seargent516 #271 Posted Jan 17 2016 - 20:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2244 battles
  • [GNZX2] GNZX2

View Postkebab6597, on Jun 13 2015 - 11:49, said:

I will play both they are 2 different games with different good and bad points and arty is the least of my concerns with WOT i,am far more frustrated with some players allmost BOT like behavior and stupidity than i,am with arty

REMOVE KEBAB.

JumBie #272 Posted Jan 17 2016 - 20:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21011 battles

View PostDaddyEggs15, on Dec 05 2015 - 01:30, said:

By re-rolling, I hope to correct the errors of my noobish ways. 

I fail to see how re-rolling is allowing you to correct your errors. 

Spartanpanzer07 #273 Posted Jan 18 2016 - 00:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18246 battles

View PostKanmuru, on Jun 13 2015 - 03:33, said:

AW will have success if they remove artillery. If they don't, it'll just be another WoT clone. woo optimism

yes I left world of tanks a month ago but I might come back if World of tanks puts in some PvE and fixes arty because there is no class of tank that can match arty (it was supposed to be light tanks but light tanks kept getting nerfed) and you are telling me that Armored warfare arty which in fact has smoke rounds to cover your teammates, two has illumation rounds which light up enemy tanks when you are the last guy left in tier 6+ arty.....on top of that you are telling me that AW arty which has fast rate of fire, small splash damage, and does less damage than a Main battle tank is just a copy of world of tanks arty ? I have to agree to disagree with you buddy, AW arty is much better than World of tanks arty and I played both sides of arty.....I don't like it when I have to aim so long at a moving target and even if stationary its just too long of an Aim time compared to AW arty, second, the RNG is ridiculous because the first thing you know is that when I do fire a shot at a heavy tank, 99% of the time its either going to miss by a country mile, do splash damage or bounce (even when fully aimed it would still miss) and the 1% of the shots that do hit are either going to do track damage, set a guy on fire, ammo rack a guy, or just a straight up one shot. I rather take Aw arty over Wot arty any day of the week, plus Counter battery is more fun in Aw than in Wot because you get a ping on the mini map when Arty fires. 

SpitYoYoMafia #274 Posted Jan 18 2016 - 09:58

Major

• Players
  • 18942 battles

View PostScoobsTank, on Dec 04 2015 - 19:35, said:

^ This is why players like us stick around. We have our gripes but we don't hate the game. What we want is for the game itself to be fixed.

lungustefan #275 Posted Jan 18 2016 - 11:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20 battles
keep it civil lads

Gomez_Adams #276 Posted Jan 18 2016 - 14:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

View Postledhed14, on Dec 05 2015 - 17:10, said:

WT , Stagnant and a money sponge of a game with management that will ignore players with total arrogant disregard and it shows in their place in the bottom of the list of this genre . They do Planes WELL if not the best and offer the best online easy access sim type for both land and air BUT are badly balanced and you will have issues with types and BR and most everything they do . The most clearly out for cash and designed to get to the wallet game in the list . Still has a great design but management is the stone keeping it down. Has it's Niche in realistic type gameplay and arcade style Aircraft are benchmarks . Not a threat to WOT just your wallet . The most " Russian " game in the mix.

Spoken by somebody who obviously has not clue what they're doing in a game that's far more difficult  across the board to play than either World of Tanks or Armored Warfare.

The sheer physics used in War Thunder render both of these games as arcade shooters no different than Call of Duty. War Thunder also has a different game play environment for whatever type of gamer you are:

• Arcade for people that like WoT and AW
  • Realistic for people that want a greater challenge and more realistic environment
  • Simulator. It speaks for itself.

Not surprisingly, simulator is the least populated of the three because the vast majority of people have no real skill to speak of. They simply want to point and click and have fun.

To that end, fun is relative. It depends on who you are and how you like to play. For me at this point, nothing even comes close to Realistic Battles and Simulator Battles of War Thunder. Everything else is Call of Duty, including this game.

And as far as bang for the buck, WT doesn't have one single vehicle that cost anywhere near what even a cheap vehicle does here. The most expensive Russian premium is the IS-2 Revenge. It'll run you $39.99. That's it. You'll not spend any more than that on any single vehicle.

So again, stop making up and fabricating complete nonsense. If you think that $39.99 for the most expensive vehicle you have is somehow greater than the $54.79 World of Tanks charges for a Lowe, then you have issues.

WarStore #277 Posted Jan 18 2016 - 14:56

Major

• Players
  • 39528 battles

View PostGomez_Adams, on Jan 18 2016 - 13:44, said:

And as far as bang for the buck, WT doesn't have one single vehicle that cost anywhere near what even a cheap vehicle does here. The most expensive Russian premium is the IS-2 Revenge. It'll run you $39.99. That's it. You'll not spend any more than that on any single vehicle.

So again, stop making up and fabricating complete nonsense. If you think that $39.99 for the most expensive vehicle you have is somehow greater than the $54.79 World of Tanks charges for a Lowe, then you have issues.

Not to mention you can easily get one of those personal discounts for premium vehicles. You don't have to wait til Xmas to get a 30% discount on a vehicle.

Gomez_Adams #278 Posted Jan 18 2016 - 15:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

View PostWarStore, on Jan 18 2016 - 08:56, said:

Not to mention you can easily get one of those personal discounts for premium vehicles. You don't have to wait til Xmas to get a 30% discount on a vehicle.

That's true. Last week I got the T34-85E for 50% off through a post game roulette. (30 dollar tank I got for 15. It's the equivalent of a T8 medium premium tank here.) Yesterday, in an epic win, I was awarded a Talisman for my Me 410 B6/R3. That thing now earns 232% RP man. It's freaking EPIC.

(For those not familiar, you can buy a talisman for pretty much any vehicle that essentially turns it into a premium tank or aircraft for research points. A Talsiman for the aircraft I won one for yesterday would cost you about 12 dollars worth of gold or thereabouts.)

At any time after a game you can win anything: Talismans (very rare, but very good), Actual Premium Vehicles, Battle Orders, Discount Coupons, and more.

So over the last few weeks, War Thunder has actually paid me about 35 dollars for playing their game. Not too shabby a deal if you ask me.

picklejuice_63 #279 Posted Jan 18 2016 - 15:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

View PostGomez_Adams, on Jan 18 2016 - 15:04, said:

So over the last few weeks, War Thunder has actually paid me about 35 dollars for playing their game. Not too shabby a deal if you ask me.

At least now we know which game is paying you to post here.

R_Razor #280 Posted Jan 18 2016 - 15:28

Captain

• Players
  • 8095 battles
  • [_DDM] _DDM

View PostJumBie, on Jan 17 2016 - 14:51, said:

I fail to see how re-rolling is allowing you to correct your errors. 

It's not, or at least not any more than sticking to his original account and improving on it would have been.............the only reason he (or anyone else) re-rolls is because #statsmatteryo and that's it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users