AW vs WOT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
328 replies to this topic

Gomez_Adams #41 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 15:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

View PostHarkonen_siegetank, on Jun 13 2015 - 08:53, said:

Lol @ how ignorant you are. Early access means pre-cbt, nothing works. 

How ignorant I am?

If I pay money for something, it had damn well better work. End of story. If I pay for it and can't even use it, then guess what? I have no need to have paid for it.

It's called "getting your monies worth". If you're OK with getting ripped off, that's your problem. I simply don't tolerate it.

DooDooBreff #42 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 15:06

Captain

• Players
  • 20427 battles

View PostGomez_Adams, on Jun 13 2015 - 14:04, said:

How ignorant I am?

If I pay money for something, it had damn well better work. End of story. If I pay for it and can't even use it, then guess what? I have no need to have paid for it.

It's called "getting your monies worth". If you're OK with getting ripped off, that's your problem. I simply don't tolerate it.

in fairness you bought youre way into a testing phase where everywhere you look it says that things may not work, or be changed.    buyer beware.......    its on you

crunchyblack #43 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 15:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4374 battles

Too early to tell how AW and WOT will stack up against eachother.  AW is in alpha still, most of the game hasn't been touched by a player base....

Things like the skill based MM they are going to use isn't going to work in a test phase, it needs data to tell who is actually good/bad and that takes more than a day or two of games played.

Hard to tell how arty is going to really act....ive seen in the jingles video good things about arty, however during the test phase very few people reached that deep into the tech tree, meaning people who had arty often had no counter arty, which is important to make arty work since arty can see eachother and shoot eachother.

Also I don't think they have gotten far enough along to do balancing and optimization.  The last closed alpha test phase seemed to be all about "is it playable" which it was...

My initial impressions were good, however I worry that AW will lack that higher skill ceiling regarding angling armor, weak spots, and map tactics....as it seems the fights happen at very long range compared to WOT and that aiming for weakspots wasn't a necessity...

But like I said, give it 6 months after official launch and it will be obvious if its a competitor or not.....I think it will be more of a competitor than WT GF which offers completely different gameplay.

I think AW is worth supporting since the devs engage the community, seem to care about us, and listen, something WG has never done in the entirety of its life other than the RU community.  So that in itself is worth supporting, because if that game does get big, it will be so nice to have devs that listen to its playerbase rather than dictate how is will be.

Gomez_Adams #44 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 15:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

View PostDooDooBreff, on Jun 13 2015 - 09:06, said:

in fairness you bought youre way into a testing phase where everywhere you look it says that things may not work, or be changed.    buyer beware.......    its on you

Wrong.

I bought what was promised to be early access. They told me I'd have access on the 27th. I didn't. They then told me I'd have access on the 28th after they sorted some issues. I didn't. They then told me I'd have access on the 29th. I didn't.

See a pattern there?

I was more than patient and for days they couldn't get it sorted. I opted out for a refund and they obliged. It's nobody's fault but theirs that they failed to live up to what they promised. It's not my job to sit around forever listening to somebody say, "well, maybe tomorrow" day after day.

crunchyblack #45 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 15:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4374 battles

View PostGomez_Adams, on Jun 13 2015 - 14:04, said:

How ignorant I am?

Very ignorant.  This might be your very first alpha test of a game so I forgive you.  But what you are complaining about...to put it in relation to something you understand, is the same as raging about unseen tank killing you being unfair.  The whole point of these early test phases is to catch login and crash issues before its launched...which you participated in finding (im sure they logged your crashes)

You paid for premium time, tanks, commanders, and titles that youll get when the game is in a permanent phase....the access to testing was just something extra.

If you pay for a quality launch during a test phase and expect flawless gameplay....you might as well start spamming in caps "UNFAIR PLAIN" because that's about how ignorant you are regarding game testing.

DooDooBreff #46 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 15:11

Captain

• Players
  • 20427 battles

i had access on every day of testing i tried other than the first day.... but again

View PostDooDooBreff, on Jun 13 2015 - 14:06, said:

i didnt have to buy in either

Gomez_Adams #47 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 15:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

No, it doesn't. Here it is from the website:

Block Quote

Obsidian Entertainment and My.com are proud to announce the arrival of the Founder's Pack bundle program as well as the the Early Access test start. You can now purchase three Founder's Packs with unique rewards such as exclusive vehicles and an exclusive tank commander! From 27th of May, 2015, you will also be able to participate in the first round Early Access testing.

So then you click on the link and here's what you get:

http://aw.my.com/us/founders-packs

All you see above all three options (I bought the middle one) is this:

Guaranteed Early Access

Which I never got. End of story.

DooDooBreff #48 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 15:16

Captain

• Players
  • 20427 battles

View PostGomez_Adams, on Jun 13 2015 - 14:15, said:

No, it doesn't. Here it is from the website:

So then you click on the link and here's what you get:

http://aw.my.com/us/founders-packs

All you see above all three options (I bought the middle one) is this:

Guaranteed Early Access

Which I never got. End of story.

early access is still going on.... the difference is you backed out before you had a chance to play because you get butthurt easily

crunchyblack #49 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 15:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4374 battles

View PostDooDooBreff, on Jun 13 2015 - 14:16, said:

early access is still going on.... the difference is you backed out before you had a chance to play because you get butthurt easily

Part of me hopes this early access weeds out people like him though.

Gomez_Adams #50 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 15:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

View PostDooDooBreff, on Jun 13 2015 - 09:16, said:

No. Again, I paid for a product. The product was not available. If you want to give someone money and let them keep it as long as they want to before ever giving you anything for it, then that's your decision.

I pay for products. I get them immediately. Now, if there's an issue and I need to wait a bit, I don't have a problem with that. But don't tell me I'll have it tomorrow and not deliver it. Then tell me again it'll be tomorrow and not deliver it...and so on and so on.

If you had told me from the outset that early access will happen "whenever you actually figure out how to get it working so there's really no telling" then I would never have given you a dime for it to begin with.

DooDooBreff #51 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 15:22

Captain

• Players
  • 20427 battles

View PostGomez_Adams, on Jun 13 2015 - 14:19, said:

No. Again, I paid for a product. The product was not available. If you want to give someone money and let them keep it as long as they want to before ever giving you anything for it, then that's your decision.

I pay for products. I get them immediately. Now, if there's an issue and I need to wait a bit, I don't have a problem with that. But don't tell me I'll have it tomorrow and not deliver it. Then tell me again it'll be tomorrow and not deliver it...and so on and so on.

If you had told me from the outset that early access will happen "whenever you actually figure out how to get it working so there's really no telling" then I would never have given you a dime for it to begin with.

if you did a little more reading beyond what suits your personal biased bull crap, youd notice that they mention servers not working, and things of that nature...

but no,   you saw this games EA on the same terms as pizza hut..          you spend 15 dollars and act like your the king of rwanda or something

crunchyblack #52 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 15:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4374 battles

View PostGomez_Adams, on Jun 13 2015 - 14:19, said:

You paid for stuff you will get when the game is in a permanent phase, you should never pay for only closed beta/alpha/early access for an unfinished game.  It seems the only reason you gave them money was because you expected a launched and finished game, which makes you not very smart.

Personally I paid for the tanks only being offered in the founder packs, the commander, and the premium time...early access?  yeah I tested it out made sure it was playable, and it was....now ill wait for the game to be finished before I play full time and collect what I actually paid for.

By the way, im starting to think you actually haven't paid for a founders pack and are just trying to trash a game that isn't WOT....if im wrong, get a refund please and never touch that game again, we need less people like you in that game tbh.

Edited by crunchyblack, Jun 13 2015 - 15:26.

Gomez_Adams #53 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 15:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

No it doesn't. Nowhere at all. During the purchase, all you see is exactly what I posted: Guaranteed Early Access on the 27th.

You also have a reading problem. I spent 30 dollars, not 15. I told you I bought the middle package.

I understand you're an AW fangirl and are swooning over it and all, but now you're just making things up completely. Another odd thing is that you're here and not there playing. I'll take a guess as to why: Server is still down.

Niteworks #54 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 15:31

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 14734 battles

AW is shaping up to be a good game. Is it WOT? no it is not, even though both are armored vehicle arcade games, the play style is very different. WOT seems to be more arcade like, while AW doesn't have all of the weak spots, angle armor, star wars arty, ramming that WOT invented. I also like the game engine better than big world. But that doesn't mean it's better,  just different and I think it will appeal to players that want a different play style than WOT offers, not better, different. 

In the long run much is going to depend on how well Obsidian listens too and implements changes that the player base wants. We all know WG's track record on that, and that is one spot WG really left themselves open for a competitor to cash in on.  

DooDooBreff #55 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 15:31

Captain

• Players
  • 20427 battles

View PostGomez_Adams, on Jun 13 2015 - 14:27, said:

No it doesn't. Nowhere at all. During the purchase, all you see is exactly what I posted: Guaranteed Early Access on the 27th.

You also have a reading problem. I spent 30 dollars, not 15. I told you I bought the middle package.

I understand you're an AW fangirl and are swooning over it and all, but now you're just making things up completely. Another odd thing is that you're here and not there playing. I'll take a guess as to why: Server is still down.

all you read is the advertising page       which makes you a bag of rocks

kind of like how at a glance you may seem like you have a point, but when i look a little deeper youre a bag of rocks

im not into AW at all   i like wot a whole lot more.....   but that doesnt mean youre any less of a bag of rocks

Buzzkill15 #56 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 15:32

Major

• Players
  • 17372 battles

View PostGomez_Adams, on Jun 13 2015 - 08:04, said:

How ignorant I am?

Are you so stupid to have no idea what a pre beta test phase is....wait, yes you are.

DooDooBreff #57 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 15:33

Captain

• Players
  • 20427 battles

View PostBuzzkill15, on Jun 13 2015 - 14:32, said:

Are you so stupid to have no idea what a pre beta test phase is....wait, yes you are.

yes, yes he is......  but now youll get the backlash!

lordelamin #58 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 16:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23025 battles
On a personal note: I don't spend money on stuff that may or may not work. i will spend it on a product that has been tested and I've had a chance to see it work as advertised. Just saying. I had a chance at the Founders pack too, I passed.

Gomez_Adams #59 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 16:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

View Postlordelamin, on Jun 13 2015 - 10:31, said:

On a personal note: I don't spend money on stuff that may or may not work.

That's the entire point: When I purchased it, there was not a single mention of "it may not work" at all. In fact, quite the contrary, it was and is to this day "guaranteed". They didn't put (and still have not to this day on the main website) any warning whatsoever that it may not work.

They did add a byline to the agreement at checkout on the 29th (oddly, the very same day they finally got it working for about an hour or so and sent out another email stating that) that connectivity is not guaranteed, but it was not there at all when I first purchased it before it ever went live.

So, in effect, it's almost fraudulent. They "guarantee" early access and actually give you the exact date you can have it....but it's actually not guaranteed anymore and it's more like whenever they get around to it.

Edited by Gomez_Adams, Jun 13 2015 - 16:46.

yereverluvinunclebert #60 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 16:47

Major

• Players
  • 16613 battles
Neg. rep. to the O.P. for the appalling English. How do you make yourself understood?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users