AW vs WOT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
328 replies to this topic

Shortcult #61 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 16:48

Major

• Players
  • 37752 battles

All you've shown is that your a whiny self centered entitled cry baby there Gomez.  Nice job.  It's already been pointed out your comprehension skills are lacking.  Keep going tho, I'm sure there are some people left on the interwebz that you have not shown that to yet.

As far as AW goes, I have been in testing since the first test.  When I see people trying to compare a game that is in alpha to a game that has been in release for many years I just know judgement day is going to happen.  Humans are just too freakin stoopid.  You can see wonderful examples above this post.  AW has a lot going for it.  I am no WG fan boi, but neither am I an AW fan boi.  I'll judge the two on their own merits thank you very much.

My big three hates for WoT are broken arty mechanic, RNG and MM.  AW has addressed the first one.  Is it a perfect solution?  Dunno, I like it.  As far as the claims that the arty whining there is as bad or worse than here, I don't see it.  I have no way to validate the claims of tighter RNG on AW.  Feels like it tho.  As far as MM goes, totally dependent on population.  Best MM on the planet is going to fall flat on it's face with too few options to select from.  WoT MM doesn't really do a bad job, it's just that when it screws up it likes to do it big time.  I am not referring to a skill based MM either, just the straight forward matching of tiers/tanks.  Skill based MM is a wonderful idea on paper, what a beast to try to put into practice.

I am still on the fence about visible stats.  I would certainly like access to them.  I do understand how they bring a new level to toxicity tho.  It may be best, that for the greater good, they never are public.  Still........

TLDR; Gomez acts like he is 6, your dumb if your comparing alpha games to release games and quit being reactionary.

Enjoy your day.

Gomez_Adams #62 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 16:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

View Postyereverluvinunclebert, on Jun 13 2015 - 10:47, said:

Neg. rep. to the O.P. for the appalling English. How do you make yourself understood?

It's obvious that English is not her native language. I take my time with posts like that because I understand how difficult English is for non-English speakers to learn. (2nd only to Mandarin according to some sources.)

That said, the fact that you couldn't understand it is a complete failure on your part, not hers. I got the meaning of what she was saying with no issues whatsoever.

3bagsfull #63 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 16:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View PostGomez_Adams, on Jun 13 2015 - 14:27, said:

No it doesn't. Nowhere at all. During the purchase, all you see is exactly what I posted: Guaranteed Early Access on the 27th.

You also have a reading problem. I spent 30 dollars, not 15. I told you I bought the middle package.

I understand you're an AW fangirl and are swooning over it and all, but now you're just making things up completely. Another odd thing is that you're here and not there playing. I'll take a guess as to why: Server is still down.

Here's what you paid for:

Guaranteed Early Access to Early Access StageS - emphasis the plurality of that word.   You never even gave the first stage a go.........

Gold - which you'll get when it goes into beta

Premium Status - which you'll get when it goes into beta

Exclusive Title/Medal - which means nothing until you get into beta

Open Beta head start - which is hasn't gotten out of alpha yet

Reserved nickname - which means nothing till the game gets to beta

see a pattern here?

Unique Commander - which means nothing till the game gets to beta

Several Premium Tanks - which mean nothing till the game gets to beta

Still don't see the pattern?

YOU PAID FOR BETA CONTENT!!!!!!!

Gomez_Adams #64 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 16:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

View PostShortcult, on Jun 13 2015 - 10:48, said:

All you've shown is that your a whiny self centered entitled cry baby there Gomez.  Nice job.  It's already been pointed out your comprehension skills are lacking.  Keep going tho, I'm sure there are some people left on the interwebz that you have not shown that to yet.

As far as AW goes, I have been in testing since the first test.  When I see people trying to compare a game that is in alpha to a game that has been in release for many years I just know judgement day is going to happen.  Humans are just too freakin stoopid.  You can see wonderful examples above this post.  AW has a lot going for it.  I am no WG fan boi, but neither am I an AW fan boi.  I'll judge the two on their own merits thank you very much.

My big three hates for WoT are broken arty mechanic, RNG and MM.  AW has addressed the first one.  Is it a perfect solution?  Dunno, I like it.  As far as the claims that the arty whining there is as bad or worse than here, I don't see it.  I have no way to validate the claims of tighter RNG on AW.  Feels like it tho.  As far as MM goes, totally dependent on population.  Best MM on the planet is going to fall flat on it's face with too few options to select from.  WoT MM doesn't really do a bad job, it's just that when it screws up it likes to do it big time.  I am not referring to a skill based MM either, just the straight forward matching of tiers/tanks.  Skill based MM is a wonderful idea on paper, what a beast to try to put into practice.

I am still on the fence about visible stats.  I would certainly like access to them.  I do understand how they bring a new level to toxicity tho.  It may be best, that for the greater good, they never are public.  Still........

TLDR; Gomez acts like he is 6, your dumb if your comparing alpha games to release games and quit being reactionary.

Enjoy your day.

And all you've shown is that you'll take it up the wazoo from anybody that comes along.

It's really funny too, because it's people like you that complain about customer service all day long when you'll defend paying for a service you never got.

I simply commended My.com on their customer service. It was very good. I told them I had expected the service in a timely manner and they had not provided it. Oddly, they completely understood, apologized for it, refunded my money and wished me well and hoped I'd give them another shot once they got things sorted out.

I'm happy. They're happy.

Oddly, only the trolls on this forum are upset over it.

But figure the odds. That's standard procedure for this place.

Edited by Gomez_Adams, Jun 13 2015 - 16:54.

suleiman71 #65 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 16:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4720 battles
For those arguing, you are screaming how stupid you are. 

Edited by ShermanMedium, Jun 13 2015 - 17:25.

NutrientibusMeaGallus #66 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 17:02

Major

• Players
  • 22674 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

View PostShermanMedium, on Jun 13 2015 - 10:57, said:

For those argueing, you are screaming how stupid you are. 

Says the guy that's too stupid to use spellcheck..... ARGUING!

Hauptmann_Ludwig #67 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 17:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 66920 battles

View PostGomez_Adams, on Jun 13 2015 - 09:09, said:

Wrong.

I bought what was promised to be early access. They told me I'd have access on the 27th. I didn't. They then told me I'd have access on the 28th after they sorted some issues. I didn't. They then told me I'd have access on the 29th. I didn't.

See a pattern there?

I was more than patient and for days they couldn't get it sorted. I opted out for a refund and they obliged. It's nobody's fault but theirs that they failed to live up to what they promised. It's not my job to sit around forever listening to somebody say, "well, maybe tomorrow" day after day.

Actually, if you read it more closely you have noticed that,after you pay from 15-50 (?) bucks for a founders pack you could early access.  From x pm to y pm for, what?, three days?  Then it's done.  So it wasn't like it was going to be access like with WOT.

Froderick22 #68 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 17:19

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 28957 battles
  • [WETOD] WETOD

View PostRake, on Jun 13 2015 - 03:10, said:

WG's biggest problem is their arrogance and piss poor customer support.  That support quit on enforcing rules is just idiotic.

You can tell right here how much they listen to us; Four pages' of a thread discussing AW, and not a single mod has shown yet. You would think that this thing would have been locked with R/O's issued before page 1 had a chance to finish if you see WG's rules about discussing other games.

Pepper_PRO #69 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 17:27

Major

• Players
  • 24102 battles
  • [WOAH7] WOAH7
Customer Support is really iffy at the current point in time. 3/4 it's their system replying with their crap. Other part is with actual support... to be honest I don't understand why they can't hire more people for customer support. Arty is a VERY broken mechanic, lets just leave it at that. Also like stated above, the AW devs actually LISTEN to the community...

Gomez_Adams #70 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 17:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

View PostUS_Cavalryman, on Jun 13 2015 - 11:09, said:

Actually, if you read it more closely you have noticed that,after you pay from 15-50 (?) bucks for a founders pack you could early access.  From x pm to y pm for, what?, three days?  Then it's done.  So it wasn't like it was going to be access like with WOT.

Unfortunately though, it wasn't available on the days they posted at all. That was the entire reason behind me asking for a refund, which they gladly gave me.

Again, I'm happy. They did a commendable job and were very professional and understanding about the entire thing.

Only the people in this thread have a problem with it, but that's only because they want to start a fight.

aRandomSloth #71 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 17:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4417 battles

View PostShortcult, on Jun 13 2015 - 16:48, said:

Enjoy your day.

Actually I think AW devs addressed the issue on RNG I believe it's at 15%? Which is why you see a lot more shots going in and almost always penning. I've been playing the game way before founders was even a thing and never once encountered the [edited]I experience in this game such as your heavy tank's hug gun bouncing off a light tank.

Edited by aRandomSloth, Jun 13 2015 - 17:42.

CloudyDay_ #72 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 18:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 244 battles

I like playing AW.  Its still in a "test mode," but fun.  One thing about the forums is that there are no -1's.  So you -1's trolls will have no fun:).  If you go all toxic in game chat or on the forum you get banned, so not a place for some of you guys:teethhappy:.   You can talk about WoT's on there forum too and disagree with a moderator with out a "warning point."  It seems a bit more adult over there.

So, -1 away kids and have a nice day!

Edited by CloudyDay_, Jun 13 2015 - 18:01.

Shortcult #73 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 18:01

Major

• Players
  • 37752 battles

View PostGomez_Adams, on Jun 13 2015 - 07:53, said:

And all you've shown is that you'll take it up the wazoo from anybody that comes along.

It's really funny too, because it's people like you that complain about customer service all day long when you'll defend paying for a service you never got.

I simply commended My.com on their customer service. It was very good. I told them I had expected the service in a timely manner and they had not provided it. Oddly, they completely understood, apologized for it, refunded my money and wished me well and hoped I'd give them another shot once they got things sorted out.

I'm happy. They're happy.

Oddly, only the trolls on this forum are upset over it.

But figure the odds. That's standard procedure for this place.

You are a funny little man.

At no point did I mention customer service.  Your lame attempts at insulting and changing the topic do not well hide the desperate defense of your fragile little ego.

Here's a tip, its the interwebz, you cannot win an argument here.  You should take comfort in the fact that it means you cannot lose an argument here.  There, that's some solace huh?

Speaking of fan boi's............

Shortcult #74 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 18:03

Major

• Players
  • 37752 battles

View PostCloudyDay_, on Jun 13 2015 - 09:00, said:

I like playing AW.  Its still in a "test mode," but fun.  One thing about the forums is that there are no -1's.  So you -1's trolls will have no fun:).  If you go all toxic in game chat or on the forum you get banned, so not a place for some of you guys:teethhappy:.   You can talk about WoT's on there forum too and disagree with a moderator with out a "warning point."  It seems a bit more adult over there.

So, -1 away kids and have a nice day!

HAH!  Showed you!  I +1'd.  Somebody stop me!!!!!

QFT the maturity level difference.

Gomez_Adams #75 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 18:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

View PostShortcult, on Jun 13 2015 - 12:01, said:

You are a funny little man.

At no point did I mention customer service.  Your lame attempts at insulting and changing the topic do not well hide the desperate defense of your fragile little ego.

Here's a tip, its the interwebz, you cannot win an argument here.  You should take comfort in the fact that it means you cannot lose an argument here.  There, that's some solace huh?

Speaking of fan boi's............

Somebody else did, and people have been on my back ever since:

View Postdvc185, on Jun 13 2015 - 08:39, said:

Well there is an excellent example of customer service that WG could learn from. Can anyone, anywhere, ever imagine WG refunding money?

Up until that was said, and I gave an example of Wargamings good service as well, nobody had mentioned a thing.

Wispr #76 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 18:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13889 battles
Have to wait till AW comes out to try it, don't think my computers video card can handle it right now.

TheHolySpork #77 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 18:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12156 battles
  • [CPUSA] CPUSA
The grass is always greener...

Mikotoba_Susato #78 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 18:42

Major

• Players
  • 11272 battles
  • [GSKYO] GSKYO

Still wondering why it seems to be impossible to have two different tank games on the market for gamers to play...

They. Can. Bloody. Co-exist. As well as give gamers an option to choose what more suits their fancy.

tomi87 #79 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 18:45

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 38798 battles
  • [SUX] SUX
idk why to get your preorder money back even aw is not beta stage yet

Fresco26 #80 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 18:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42041 battles

I got a bridge to sell any takers? I guarantee early access for a low low price of $39.95....

Disclaimer: actual bridge will never come to fruition in the distant future

What I think about AW it's meh game got about a year to go. People here complain about arty doing 1 shot kills which happen .000005% of the time now factor in the problems with modern tanks doing 1 hit kills lolz..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users