• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

nick948 #1 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 15:26

Private

• Players
  • 12118 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

Hi all, 

So I recently downloaded mac wrapper and started playing WoT on my mac vs my pc to see how it works. So far it works great but the only problem is that I put my WoT client in full screen mode (which works fine) but I can't exit it. When I try and deselect the option in the settings menu, the entire application closes (probably as a result of crashing). 

Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks

lenticular #2 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 16:54

Captain

• Players
  • 38616 battles
Changing the graphics settings in pretty much any way locks up my entire machine. I have to do a hard reboot. So, I don't. I play in windowed mode and don't touch the graphics. Works fine otherwise.

dstud208 #3 Posted Jun 13 2015 - 17:24

Captain

• Players
  • 17803 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO

thats really weird actually (for both of you) I've never had that issue. Do you want to play fullscreen or windowed? Fullscreen is less work for your computer (with a few exceptions). You can change the preferences manually if you want by going to ~/Library/Application Support/World of Tanks/Bottles/worldoftanks/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/Wargaming.Net/WorldOfTanks/preferences.xml. Open the preferences file with text edit and about a quarter of the way down you will see some options for windowed, windowedheight, fullscreenheight, etc. To change the game into windowed mode type TRUE beside the windowed option, likewise FALSE makes it fullscreen. You can change the resolution and stuff in there as well if you want (the height and width options)

It doesn't work in-game of course, but if your interested in changing it and leaving it but can't because it crashes then this will fix it for you.

On the subject of the crashing though, I don't really know. Is your computer fairly old? or have low amounts of video ram? I don't know what happens inside the game when you change graphics settings but if there is a moment where both the old and the new are active that would effectively double your requirements on your computer briefly and if thats too much for it then it would crash. Thats pure speculation though, I really don't know.

nick948 #4 Posted Jun 14 2015 - 04:33

Private

• Players
  • 12118 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postdstud208, on Jun 13 2015 - 16:24, said:

thats really weird actually (for both of you) I've never had that issue. Do you want to play fullscreen or windowed? Fullscreen is less work for your computer (with a few exceptions). You can change the preferences manually if you want by going to ~/Library/Application Support/World of Tanks/Bottles/worldoftanks/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/Wargaming.Net/WorldOfTanks/preferences.xml. Open the preferences file with text edit and about a quarter of the way down you will see some options for windowed, windowedheight, fullscreenheight, etc. To change the game into windowed mode type TRUE beside the windowed option, likewise FALSE makes it fullscreen. You can change the resolution and stuff in there as well if you want (the height and width options)

It doesn't work in-game of course, but if your interested in changing it and leaving it but can't because it crashes then this will fix it for you.

On the subject of the crashing though, I don't really know. Is your computer fairly old? or have low amounts of video ram? I don't know what happens inside the game when you change graphics settings but if there is a moment where both the old and the new are active that would effectively double your requirements on your computer briefly and if thats too much for it then it would crash. Thats pure speculation though, I really don't know.

Thanks so much dstud, that solved the problem. 

On the subject of crashing, I don't really experience that problem. That is most likely because I have a newer mac.
Thanks again though!

Shadowy_Ninja #5 Posted Jul 21 2015 - 22:34

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12359 battles

View Postdstud208, on Jun 13 2015 - 17:24, said:

This is interesting, but is there anyway to leave the game running in the background in fullscreen mode and then exit the game to say change music volume in iTunes or change a Teamspeak3 setting?

All of this without having to go through the reload process of course.

dstud208 #6 Posted Jul 21 2015 - 23:17

Captain

• Players
  • 17803 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO

View PostShadowy_Ninja, on Jul 21 2015 - 14:34, said:

This is interesting, but is there anyway to leave the game running in the background in fullscreen mode and then exit the game to say change music volume in iTunes or change a Teamspeak3 setting?

All of this without having to go through the reload process of course.

Yes, very easily. Command Tab, bam your at your desktop, Command Tab again, shwam you back in game

Shadowy_Ninja #7 Posted Jul 22 2015 - 22:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12359 battles

View Postdstud208, on Jul 21 2015 - 23:17, said:

Yes, very easily. Command Tab, bam your at your desktop, Command Tab again, shwam you back in game

You are so ****ing OP, thanks so much.

Just please dont let WG nerf you ;)

ThwarterUK #8 Posted Feb 06 2016 - 20:54

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postdstud208, on Jul 21 2015 - 23:17, said:

I've been trying to suss that problem out for nearly a year now.   Thank you.

Let_them_eat_lead #9 Posted Aug 17 2018 - 14:22

Private

• -Players-
  • 4141 battles
Great help Thanks!

dstud208 #10 Posted Aug 29 2018 - 03:33

Captain

• Players
  • 17803 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users