Jump to content


Clan Wars Map Exhibition: Westfield

clan wars map exhibition westfield

  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

veganzombiez #1 Posted Jun 15 2015 - 18:44

    Assistant Producer

  • Administrator
  • 14303 battles
  • 785
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

Hello Clan Wars players,

 

A recent update brought the winds of change to Westfield, the location of this month's Map Exhibition. From the expansion of the city to the vastly different topography, Clans will need to change the way they play this map!

 

Demonstrate your Clan's strategic adaptability, dominate your opponents, and be crowned as the Champions.

 

Register for this tournament!

 

Each Clan is ONLY allowed to submit ONE team.

All players on each team MUST be in the Clan represented by the tournament team.

 

Prizes

1st: 100,000 Gold

2nd: 75,000 Gold

3rd/4th: 40,000 Gold

5-8th: 20,000 Gold

 
In addition, all teams that make it to Day 2 and accumulate a total of at least 7 points in the group stages will receive 2,500 Gold.

 

Note: All prizes are awarded to the Clan Treasury.

 

Schedule:

Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Final Day
June 27, 2015 June 28, 2015 June 29, 2015 June 30, 2015

Map: Westfield

Stage Type: Round-Robin

Battles Begin: 5:00 PM PT

# Teams Advancing: 32

Guaranteed Prize: --

Map: Westfield

Stage Type: Round-Robin

Battles Begin: 5:00 PM PT

# Teams Advancing: 8

Guaranteed Prize (w/ 7+ Pts): 2,500 Gold

Map: Westfield

Stage Type: Playoff

Battles Begin: 5:00 PM PT

# Teams Advancing: 4

Guaranteed Prize: 20,000 Gold

Map: Westfield

Stage Type: Playoff

Battles Begin: 5:00 PM PT

# Teams Advancing: --

Guaranteed Prize: 40,000 Gold

 

 

 

 [REL_3]      
       
   [BULBA]    
       
 [BULBA]      
       
 [VILIN]      
       
   [VILIN]    
       
 [FOXEY]      
       
 [HAVOK]     Champion
       
   [HAVOK]    
       
 [PBKAC]      
       
 [OTTER]      
       
   [OTTER]    
       
 [ESPRT]      


Mortals #2 Posted Jun 16 2015 - 00:40

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29230 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    10-28-2011

On the announcement page the schedule at the bottom shows "Map: Random"  for each match day.

 

Thanks for the heads up!

~veganzombiez



Hochstepanzerjager #3 Posted Jun 16 2015 - 17:38

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13823 battles
  • 1,312
  • [SBSDZ] SBSDZ
  • Member since:
    02-08-2013
One of the worst maps in game, and that's saying something.

Rockstarxl #4 Posted Jun 17 2015 - 15:51

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 36899 battles
  • 777
  • [CHLLN] CHLLN
  • Member since:
    03-22-2013
I think tournament prizing should be relooked at.  Even if your clan gets first it's only 2000 gold per person (assuming half the clan signs up). Weekly skirmishes give you 3k for participating and you can get more if you go on further in the playoffs.  It takes alot more work to do well in a cw type tournament and I think you should be rewarded more for doing well in them. 

veganzombiez #5 Posted Jun 26 2015 - 19:56

    Assistant Producer

  • Administrator
  • 14303 battles
  • 785
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011
Registration for Map Exhibition: Westfield ends on June 27, 2015 at 9:00 am PDT (12:00pm EDT).  Make sure to get your teams in!

Hypnotik #6 Posted Jun 27 2015 - 17:49

    Web Developer

  • Administrator
  • 16646 battles
  • 1,505
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    01-06-2011

There are 32 teams which met the entry requirements. Since 32 teams move on to round 2, that means that no teams will be eliminated tonight (however to earn 2,500 each clan still needs to get 7 total points). Tonight's matches will be used in seeding the groups for tomorrow night, when only the top 2 in each division will make it through to the playoffs, so play your best to get the easiest road to success tomorrow night and in the playoffs.

 

Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4
Andes Pride!
D-O-S
LEGION LATINA
ROTA Divisão Blindada Osório
Relic 3rd
Rus-2
The Unforgiven
[SHOJO] Cute Magical and Violent
-LL-
49 paton desert amry vilin
ABEL
Bay City Kitties [PBKAC]
Esprit De Corps [ESPRT]
Pravda Academy
R-7
The Baddie Brigade
-SAS-
25CDN The Elgin Regiment
3MF
BULBA
DKRG
Hard[RUS]
Heavy Turret
diced
AOD-Rusty_Ducks
Alliance
Big Guys, a Team PLSGO
Droid_Army
Foxey. They're OK. I guess. -loz
HAVOK
OTTER
Relic Armoured

 

The following teams had players removed from their rosters because they are not in the clan represented:

 



Wolfshead010 #7 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 03:09

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18724 battles
  • 186
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

Where do we report teams that deliberately lose games in the first round to improve their placement in the following rounds?

 

Same as for any dispute. Link.

-Hyp



DMan360 #8 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 04:47

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19256 battles
  • 1,776
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

View PostWolfshead010, on Jun 27 2015 - 21:09, said:

Where do we report teams that deliberately lose games in the first round to improve their placement in the following rounds?

Who BULBA? They're a social clan jeez...



DeltaVolt #9 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 08:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 19764 battles
  • 2,414
  • [BULBA] BULBA
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

View PostDMan360, on Jun 27 2015 - 19:47, said:

Who BULBA? They're a social clan jeez...

 

Not our fault WG had 2 tourneys scheduled at same time as the exhibition :P

mereelskirata #10 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 10:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 46842 battles
  • 2,478
  • [RUSHB] RUSHB
  • Member since:
    01-27-2012

View PostDeltaVolt, on Jun 27 2015 - 23:50, said:

 

Not our fault WG had 2 tourneys scheduled at same time as the exhibition :P

 

Everyone was like "screw this, we can get more gold from the other tourneys" when both popped at the same time.

 

Also since everyone got to move on for free it really didn't matter.


Edited by Merkle_PRO, Jun 28 2015 - 10:02.


SocialFlaws #11 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 16:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 40921 battles
  • 2,300
  • [BULBA] BULBA
  • Member since:
    04-02-2011
hello? is this where i sign up for clan wars???

Hypnotik #12 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 17:20

    Web Developer

  • Administrator
  • 16646 battles
  • 1,505
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    01-06-2011

Groups for Stage 2:

 

Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4
Relic 3rd
-SAS-
Esprit De Corps [ESPRT]
The Unforgiven
3MF
25CDN The Elgin Regiment
Rus-2
The Baddie Brigade
HAVOK
49 paton desert amry vilin
[SHOJO] Cute Magical and Violent
-LL-
Alliance
AOD-Rusty_Ducks
DKRG
Big Guys, a Team PLSGO
D-O-S
Foxey. They're OK. I guess. -loz
R-7
Bay City Kitties [PBKAC]
ABEL
diced
ROTA Divisão Blindada Osório
Pravda Academy
OTTER
Hard[RUS]
Heavy Turret
Droid_Army
LEGION LATINA
BULBA
Andes Pride!
Relic Armoured


__Crusader__ #13 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 21:27

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26617 battles
  • 1,329
  • Member since:
    07-17-2011

View PostHypnotik, on Jun 28 2015 - 16:20, said:

Groups for Stage 2:

 

Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4
Relic 3rd
-SAS-
Esprit De Corps [ESPRT]
The Unforgiven
3MF
25CDN The Elgin Regiment
Rus-2
The Baddie Brigade
HAVOK
49 paton desert amry vilin
[SHOJO] Cute Magical and Violent
-LL-
Alliance
AOD-Rusty_Ducks
DKRG
Big Guys, a Team PLSGO
D-O-S
Foxey. They're OK. I guess. -loz
R-7
Bay City Kitties [PBKAC]
ABEL
diced
ROTA Divisão Blindada Osório
Pravda Academy
OTTER
Hard[RUS]
Heavy Turret
Droid_Army
LEGION LATINA
BULBA
Andes Pride!
Relic Armoured

 

Average WN8
Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4
1423 1530 1581 1833

 

# of clans in the top 10

Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4
1 2 1 3

 

 

That Group 4 though...  Clan seeding seems to be about as fair and balanced as Fox News.

 

Ah Wargaming...  Always working as intended.  



DEADP00L_ #14 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 21:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 25448 battles
  • 3,630
  • Member since:
    08-25-2011

View Post__Crusader__, on Jun 28 2015 - 15:27, said:

 

Average WN8
Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4
1423 1530 1581 1833

 

# of clans in the top 10

Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4
1 2 1 3

 

 

That Group 4 though...  Clan seeding seems to be about as fair and balanced as Fox News.

 

Ah Wargaming...  Always working as intended.  

 

people always complain that WG always puts top clans against crap clans, this time, WG doesn't do that and guess what

people still complain lol

 

also, WG definitely cares about wn8 when assembling their brackets :trollface:



__Crusader__ #15 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 22:43

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26617 battles
  • 1,329
  • Member since:
    07-17-2011

View PostVonStryker, on Jun 28 2015 - 20:44, said:

people always complain that WG always puts top clans against crap clans, this time, WG doesn't do that and guess what

people still complain lol

 

also, WG definitely cares about wn8 when assembling their brackets :trollface:

 

Our clan is statistically in the weakest group, so why would I complain other than to point out yet another flawed system?  Ain't nobody keeping me down.

 

I should think the idea would be to have the top clans all fight each other in the tournament/finals, which is where those matches belong -- not in the group stages.  I know as a spectator, I love being able to see those matches live on Twitch.  But now, those matches will take place in the group stages, and potentially not in the streamed tournament.

 

Also, the lowest rated clan, Droid Army, is in group 4, awaiting brutal crushings from yet still the top clans on the server.  So, the worst is still facing the best.

 

And the metric doesn't matter.  Here, I'll even use Wargaming's own measurement of clan quality...

 

Average Wargaming Clan Rating

Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4
7185 7500 7299 8438

 

Average Player Personal Rating by Clan

Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4
6143 6394 6605 7432

 

So, while only ~300 CR points separates Groups 1-3, roughly 1000 points separates Group 4 from all the others.  And less than 500 PR points separates Groups 1-3, while again, roughly 1000 points separates Group 4 from the others.

 

#FoxNews

 

 

Hey Wargaming: it shouldn't be too difficult to plug your own numbers into some sort of randomizer program that ensures a near-to-even statistical playing field.  It might give those programmers of yours something to do.



HELIONIST #16 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 23:18

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 12082 battles
  • 396
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    03-02-2014
Same old same old.... l mean whoever wins group 4 wins everything and here l tho we would be watching at least top 4 clans on twitch.

Drison #17 Posted Jun 29 2015 - 01:28

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 12549 battles
  • 360
  • [RSSF] RSSF
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013
Would be nice if WG actually followed their own rules and eliminated the teams that didn't get a minimum of three points in last night's battles...

Tevix #18 Posted Jun 29 2015 - 01:28

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 39398 battles
  • 11
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
  • Member since:
    02-14-2011
I was wondering why the 6 teams that didn't meet the 3 point min requirement get to move forward and receive gold were allowed to do so?

LZ_Schneider #19 Posted Jun 29 2015 - 02:56

    Staff sergeant

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 21621 battles
  • 289
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013
Round 1
  • Battles begin every 20 minutes
  • 3 points are granted for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 points for a loss
  • Each battle will last 15 minutes max.
  • ~32 teams will advance to Round 2
  • The top team in each group advances to Round 2
  • Other teams advancing to Round 2 will be based upon the highest point total
  • ~Teams must have a minimum of 3 points to move on to Round 2.

 

I assume that since the 32 teams line comes first that it takes priority. On the first day only 32 teams were even accepted so technically even though some clans got 0 or 1 point, they were automatically moved on since Round 2 is supposed to be 32 teams.



DEADP00L_ #20 Posted Jun 29 2015 - 02:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 25448 battles
  • 3,630
  • Member since:
    08-25-2011

View Post__Crusader__, on Jun 28 2015 - 16:43, said:

 

Our clan is statistically in the weakest group, so why would I complain other than to point out yet another flawed system?  Ain't nobody keeping me down.

 

I should think the idea would be to have the top clans all fight each other in the tournament/finals, which is where those matches belong -- not in the group stages.  I know as a spectator, I love being able to see those matches live on Twitch.  But now, those matches will take place in the group stages, and potentially not in the streamed tournament.

 

Also, the lowest rated clan, Droid Army, is in group 4, awaiting brutal crushings from yet still the top clans on the server.  So, the worst is still facing the best.

 

And the metric doesn't matter.  Here, I'll even use Wargaming's own measurement of clan quality...

 

Average Wargaming Clan Rating

Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4
7185 7500 7299 8438

 

Average Player Personal Rating by Clan

Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4
6143 6394 6605 7432

 

So, while only ~300 CR points separates Groups 1-3, roughly 1000 points separates Group 4 from all the others.  And less than 500 PR points separates Groups 1-3, while again, roughly 1000 points separates Group 4 from the others.

 

#FoxNews

 

 

Hey Wargaming: it shouldn't be too difficult to plug your own numbers into some sort of randomizer program that ensures a near-to-even statistical playing field.  It might give those programmers of yours something to do.

 

the problem is that you are talking like you know how WG set this up, you don't know how they did it. it could have been done in any manner of ways, but you decided that

oh no, it can't be random. WG set this whole thing up, they have a hidden agenda, etc.

 

it could have been something as easily as, picking names from a hat(a bit stupid, but hopefully you'll get the point)

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users