A few newbie questions autotargeting, maps, changing ammo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

blautiger #1 Posted Jun 25 2011 - 07:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4317 battles
hello,

I have been play this game for 1 day :).  It is great.

A few newbie questions.  

1.  Auto Targeting.  You turn on auto targeting by putting the pointer on the target and press right mouse bottom.  How do you know auto targeting is on?  Is there a indicator (light or something)?  Also you still have to press the left button to fire, righ?  Auto targeting only keep the aim on the target, but you still have to push the fire bottom?

2.  The mini map on the lower right corner.  Is there a way to rotate that?  Or better yet keep the map always facing the same direction as you map?  

3.  If you have two type of ammo store in you tank.  I there a way you can switch the other ammo during the game?  And if so how?  Can't seem to find it.  It seem to always load the AP rounds?

DemonicSpoon #2 Posted Jun 25 2011 - 07:20

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3204 battles

1. Auto Targeting. You turn on auto targeting by putting the pointer on the target and press right mouse bottom. How do you know auto targeting is on? Is there a indicator (light or something)? Also you still have to press the left button to fire, righ? Auto targeting only keep the aim on the target, but you still have to push the fire bottom?

You still have to tell it when to fire. It only keeps the aim on the target. There's no indicator, though it's usually pretty obvious. I'd advise against using autoaim a lot. It is a serious crutch that can cripple you later on - Autoaiming against a T-29 for example will have you shooting at its 200+mm armored turret instead of the 100mm hull.

2. The mini map on the lower right corner. Is there a way to rotate that? Or better yet keep the map always facing the same direction as you map?

Not to my knowledge.

3. If you have two type of ammo store in you tank. I there a way you can switch the other ammo during the game? And if so how? Can't seem to find it. It seem to always load the AP rounds?

Yes, the number keys. 1-2-3 for the first three ammo types listed in order. Pressing the button once will cause the next shell to load after you shoot what's in your chamber. Pressing the button twice will cause your current shell to be unloaded and the new one to begin loading (useful for guns with a very long reload time).

duke646 #3 Posted Jun 25 2011 - 07:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3438 battles
Welcome to the game, and please do not believe in the rumors from butthurt players that the developers are bias and buffing their nations tanks.

If you're hurting in credits, try using any of the nations medium lines, they make great money! I recommend the Easy 8 or T-20.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users