About friendly fire

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

FlyingTanker #1 Posted Jun 25 2011 - 11:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19453 battles
  • [T-D] T-D
I was wondering, if there is a tank on my team shooting everybody in the team, what should I do?  If I shoot it will I get a bad credit for shooting a friendly tank?  I haven't gotten any screen shots of it but I have just had team members blown up by traitors and been blown up myself and I wondered if it was ok to shoot the traitor.

Unit23 #2 Posted Jun 25 2011 - 12:00

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4591 battles

View PostUriahF, on Jun 25 2011 - 11:55, said:

I was wondering, if there is a tank on my team shooting everybody in the team, what should I do?  If I shoot it will I get a bad credit for shooting a friendly tank?  I haven't gotten any screen shots of it but I have just had team members blown up by traitors and been blown up myself and I wondered if it was ok to shoot the traitor.

the only time it's okay to retaliate against a TK'er is if his name is blue, other wise you will be punished for TK'ing yourself.

pekiti #3 Posted Jun 26 2011 - 00:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3669 battles
Potentially punished.

The automated system weighs a bunch of variables, like how close enemy tanks are, whether or not you have been damaged by the guy you shoot, etc. It also checks to see if you have ever been banned before (repeat offenders get much less 'slack' to do it again). Then, and only if you deserve it, does it change your tag to blue color and mark you for a 3 day ban.

Obviously, shooting and killing one team mate will NOT get you a ban, or the TKer who just shot up half your team would be blue to you after the first kill.

It is possible, if he is a repeat offender, that the first kill will change his tag, in which case, kill him immediately and without fear of penalty. However, I have been shot and then destroyed by an idiot running a bot program (I put my tank in his line of fire after he tracked another team mate and would have killed him).  Even though it was a clear case of being killed by a team mate in our own spawn, the guy who shot me didn't turn blue because the system didn't flag him as a TKer. He will still end up banned (permanently, not for 3 days) for running a bot program, but the auto detect system for TKing seems to allow for a lot of leeway, because this guy tracked one ally, and destroyed my tank, then emptied his entire ammo supply into my wreck. NO blue tag, no ban for TKing.

So...my advice to you is that if someone is shooting up your team and killing people (and you have been a good guy and never TK'd anyone), blow the TKer away. The absolute worst that can happen is that you get a 3 day ban, but I don't believe it will happen. I have already taken my own advice and blown away a player who was just crippling everyone on our team, being careful to avoid actually killing them. He fired at each of us until we were at less than 25% HP then moved to the next guy. He figured he could still wreck the match for us, and maybe get one of us to kill him and earn a ban.  As soon as I could get a line of sight to him, I blew him up and went back to regular play. The TKer posted  "Hahahaha I tricked you into a ban, dumb***!" in the chat window after he died. He was dead wrong, it turns out. I received no punishment, no change of color tag, and certainly no ban. The system for auto banning is pretty generous, it seems. I haven't had to kill any more TKers since then, but I am absolutely unafraid to do so if the situation occurs in the future.

FlyingTanker #4 Posted Jun 26 2011 - 19:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19453 battles
  • [T-D] T-D

View Postpekiti, on Jun 26 2011 - 00:32, said:

Potentially punished.

The automated system weighs a bunch of variables, like how close enemy tanks are, whether or not you have been damaged by the guy you shoot, etc. It also checks to see if you have ever been banned before (repeat offenders get much less 'slack' to do it again). Then, and only if you deserve it, does it change your tag to blue color and mark you for a 3 day ban.

Obviously, shooting and killing one team mate will NOT get you a ban, or the TKer who just shot up half your team would be blue to you after the first kill.

It is possible, if he is a repeat offender, that the first kill will change his tag, in which case, kill him immediately and without fear of penalty. However, I have been shot and then destroyed by an idiot running a bot program (I put my tank in his line of fire after he tracked another team mate and would have killed him).  Even though it was a clear case of being killed by a team mate in our own spawn, the guy who shot me didn't turn blue because the system didn't flag him as a TKer. He will still end up banned (permanently, not for 3 days) for running a bot program, but the auto detect system for TKing seems to allow for a lot of leeway, because this guy tracked one ally, and destroyed my tank, then emptied his entire ammo supply into my wreck. NO blue tag, no ban for TKing.

So...my advice to you is that if someone is shooting up your team and killing people (and you have been a good guy and never TK'd anyone), blow the TKer away. The absolute worst that can happen is that you get a 3 day ban, but I don't believe it will happen. I have already taken my own advice and blown away a player who was just crippling everyone on our team, being careful to avoid actually killing them. He fired at each of us until we were at less than 25% HP then moved to the next guy. He figured he could still wreck the match for us, and maybe get one of us to kill him and earn a ban.  As soon as I could get a line of sight to him, I blew him up and went back to regular play. The TKer posted  "Hahahaha I tricked you into a ban, dumb***!" in the chat window after he died. He was dead wrong, it turns out. I received no punishment, no change of color tag, and certainly no ban. The system for auto banning is pretty generous, it seems. I haven't had to kill any more TKers since then, but I am absolutely unafraid to do so if the situation occurs in the future.

I know that in the training rooms you receive no credits, what about blots?  TKing is really bad in the training rooms happens constantly.  Twice this morning I had my entire team wiped out by a TKer.  I've only been on a few times and I have been TKed a lot.

CaptCrusader #5 Posted Jun 26 2011 - 20:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4477 battles

View Postpekiti, on Jun 26 2011 - 00:32, said:

Potentially punished.

Concur.
If someone were shooting me, I would retialiate with extreme prejudice. Since I do not partcipate in regular TKing, I would feel safe in knowing that a-hole was gone for at least one game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users