World of Ships?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

Vegas_Ace #1 Posted Jun 25 2011 - 19:21

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 25181 battles
Is there any work on a World of Ships game, similar to World of tanks? With the same or similar graphics, gameplay, and such?  I would love to
suggest making one!!!  WW2 ship games have been few and far between.  If you could create one a great as WOT, it would be super!

Zakume #2 Posted Jun 25 2011 - 19:24

Major

• Players
  • 25607 battles
yes it would be kool

latteral #3 Posted Jun 25 2011 - 19:33

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 2692 battles
I beleive this is what you mean. WWW.Navyfield.com  It is not my cup of tea but hey  if you like it then glad to help.  :Smile_honoring:

Chikaze #4 Posted Jun 25 2011 - 21:00

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 2427 battles
World of Ships would be nice idea... would definitely try it out.
Oh and I tried out Navyfield and wouldn't recommend it, it has bad graphics and I found it very difficult to play.

heugan #5 Posted Jun 25 2011 - 21:21

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 1 battle

View Postlatteral, on Jun 25 2011 - 19:33, said:

I beleive this is what you mean. WWW.Navyfield.com  It is not my cup of tea but hey  if you like it then glad to help.  :Smile_honoring:
navyfield is notthing like what world of ships would be. it is a very [expesnive], buggy, isometric 2d sprite based game with exremeply poor coding

CSkinner #6 Posted Jun 25 2011 - 21:40

Private

• Players
  • 18140 battles
  • [-RAH-] -RAH-
I would enjoy that Game as I do WOT...

xthetenth #7 Posted Jun 25 2011 - 22:08

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13735 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I definitely want it, I just hope that they'll include WWI dreadnaughts too. They can justify a lot because they served in WWII as well.

theNappyone #8 Posted Jun 25 2011 - 22:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 5962 battles
good idea. have some years of work i think it can be worked out  :Smile-playing:

DesertJ #9 Posted Jun 26 2011 - 00:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 2378 battles
I wouldn't doubt they at least think it over at some point. With WoT a huge hit and World of Warplanes in the works, they'll be sure to find a theme to keep the World of games going. Hell, I know I'd play a warship game by these guys.

GunKata #10 Posted Jun 26 2011 - 01:24

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 8997 battles
Like World of Trains. Or World of Bicycles where you start out on a Unicycle then unlock other types of Bikes. And you can have unique bikes in history be premium bikes!!

Also World of Ships Wargaming. Make it happen please.

HAMnJAM #11 Posted Jun 26 2011 - 02:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 1173 battles
i will contact wargaming.com and ask them to see if they can make one

:Smile_honoring:  :Smile_honoring:  :Smile_honoring:

Caasih #12 Posted Jun 26 2011 - 04:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 3634 battles
I am willing to bet that before they announced world of warplanes someone pitched this idea already and they figured dogfights would be more action oriented than torpedo swarms and long range artillery fights in rocky waters. I recommend battlestations midway to you if you wanna play a good naval game. On that note yes it would be pretty cool if they did this :Smile_honoring:

Ragnokak #13 Posted Jun 26 2011 - 05:21

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 6700 battles
  • [L13TH] L13TH
It's been covered in the past, but it is called Navy Legend and currently Chinese only.

glenrules7 #14 Posted Jun 26 2011 - 07:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9431 battles
i agree a game like world of tanks but with ships would be nice

Urdnot_Wrex #15 Posted Jun 26 2011 - 15:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1635 battles
Would rather they add and complete all of the intended tech trees in WoT as well as iron out the bugs before moving to a new game.

Jodo42 #16 Posted Jun 26 2011 - 16:45

Captain

• Players
  • 7196 battles
@Urdnot_Wrex
If you had payed ANY attention to the release of World of Warplanes, you would've known that it is being worked upon by a SEPARATE PART of Wargaming.net, and therefore its development DOES NOT INTERFERE WITH WOT! The World of Tanks group will work on World of Tanks, the World of Warplanes group will work on World of Warplanes, and, if there ever is to be one, the World of Warships group will work on World of Warships. And none of the other group's progress will make any effect on another group. WoT dev's could be working on the Japanese tech tree the same time as the WoWS group could be putting in a Pearl Harbor Map, and neither's progress would be slowed because of the other. THEY'RE SEPARATE FROM EACH OTHER!

Anyways, I love the idea. Would definitely get it.
EDIT: Why is the reply button not working?

Jodo42 #17 Posted Jun 26 2011 - 16:45

Captain

• Players
  • 7196 battles
Double Post.

Urdnot_Wrex #18 Posted Jun 28 2011 - 12:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1635 battles

View PostJodo42, on Jun 26 2011 - 16:45, said:

@Urdnot_Wrex
If you had payed ANY attention to the release of World of Warplanes, you would've known that it is being worked upon by a SEPARATE PART of Wargaming.net, and therefore its development DOES NOT INTERFERE WITH WOT! The World of Tanks group will work on World of Tanks, the World of Warplanes group will work on World of Warplanes, and, if there ever is to be one, the World of Warships group will work on World of Warships. And none of the other group's progress will make any effect on another group. WoT dev's could be working on the Japanese tech tree the same time as the WoWS group could be putting in a Pearl Harbor Map, and neither's progress would be slowed because of the other. THEY'RE SEPARATE FROM EACH OTHER!

Anyways, I love the idea. Would definitely get it.
EDIT: Why is the reply button not working?

OR...They could put all of their new found resources and staff behind a single game which would undoubtedly increase the QUALITY of the game and SPEED up it's COMPLETION process. WoT is fun and it's a great idea but it's not even CLOSE to being FINISHED.

Anyone that's paid real MONEY to play this game in it's CURRENT state has been RIPPED off. But if they were DUMB enough to pay for an UNFINISHED and BUGGY product then I guess it's on them. Instead of prioritizing and putting their free resources into WoT they've decided to start another game.

How could you expect anyone to put any faith or money into a second project if you haven't even finished your first? They could finish tanks first and go into warplanes with a notch on their belt and the experience and customer support from having actually completed a quality game. But they didn't.

So instead of having one finished game to keep us occupied and earn them income while they start a new project, they're gonna have two unfinished games that no one with any sense is gonna be willing to pay for but will instead play for free until they get tired of the bugs and lack of dev support and quit.

That's a great marketing strategy....if you want your tiny company to go bankrupt.

xthetenth #19 Posted Jun 28 2011 - 18:39

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13735 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostUrdnot_Wrex, on Jun 28 2011 - 12:57, said:

OR...They could put all of their new found resources and staff behind a single game which would undoubtedly increase the QUALITY of the game and SPEED up it's COMPLETION process. WoT is fun and it's a great idea but it's not even CLOSE to being FINISHED.

Anyone that's paid real MONEY to play this game in it's CURRENT state has been RIPPED off. But if they were DUMB enough to pay for an UNFINISHED and BUGGY product then I guess it's on them. Instead of prioritizing and putting their free resources into WoT they've decided to start another game.

How could you expect anyone to put any faith or money into a second project if you haven't even finished your first? They could finish tanks first and go into warplanes with a notch on their belt and the experience and customer support from having actually completed a quality game. But they didn't.

So instead of having one finished game to keep us occupied and earn them income while they start a new project, they're gonna have two unfinished games that no one with any sense is gonna be willing to pay for but will instead play for free until they get tired of the bugs and lack of dev support and quit.

That's a great marketing strategy....if you want your tiny company to go bankrupt.

You've never actually worked on a software project with more than one person, have you? There are only so many people that can profitably work on a single set of code. It's really that simple. If you have enough people to get the coding work done, adding more will slow it down because you'll have to keep updating each other on what you've done and introducing each other to new stuff in the code base. In addition you really want one truly good programmer to do the crucial sections right. More than one of those and you don't gain anything, because knowledge of the crucial bits is key.

Here, have a brief synopsis of computer development. http://en.wikipedia....hical_man-month

Read through it until you understand why when you have more resources it's useless or even counterproductive to focus on one thing when you have multiple things to work on. That's why they have a team working on more than one tank tree. Because if they doubled one it'd barely speed up if at all and you'd get half the stuff at the end. Put the right amount of people into bugfixing and then make teams for each tank line. They already have French and British underway as well as new tanks for the US, Germany and Russia. It's not like WoT is hurting for resources.

wyatt022298 #20 Posted Jun 30 2011 - 18:44

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 4096 battles
  • [WDN-B] WDN-B
Wait since World of warplanes is being developed by a different part of wargaming soviet planes arent going to be OP???
Awesome