Global Map 2.0 Beta General Feedback

• Please log in to reply
817 replies to this topic

veganzombiez #1 Posted Jun 24 2015 - 19:56

Production

• -Players-
  • 14320 battles

Greetings, players!

Welcome to the Global Map 2.0 Open Beta test.

This thread is for you to provide any feedback you have regarding the Global Map 2.0 Open Beta test.

There is also an FAQ thread that will be updated with answers to your questions.

Posts with topics not related to suggestions about Global Map 2.0 mechanics will be removed. These posts should be be in the respective subforums (Clans and Clan Wars Discussion, Strongholds, etc.)

_TeMPezT_ #2 Posted Jun 25 2015 - 00:32

Captain

• Players
  • 81428 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
Hope it reawakens the glory of CW, because it feels a little dead right now. 

Finesse_King #3 Posted Jun 25 2015 - 02:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 10925 battles

So now you have to kick over your own sand castle to attack someone?

MercuryBlack #4 Posted Jun 25 2015 - 02:24

Major

• Players
  • 18922 battles
If this doesn't make Clan Wars more accessible I don't know what will...

ThunderKick_Z #5 Posted Jun 25 2015 - 03:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 19822 battles
  • [PLSGO] PLSGO

Same team format as stronghold skirmishes? i was expecting tier6 15v15. Oh well, that format can make a lot of smaller clans able compete and maybe some casual clans will stop being casual and join CW.

VonJaeger #6 Posted Jun 25 2015 - 09:58

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 35908 battles
  • [F--H] F--H

If we want to reform clan wars and really make a difference the Armageddon event made a few points abundantly clear.

1. There needs to be a cool down period between event participation and joining a clan. In particular it needs to be long enough that big clans cannot create sub and dummy clans to put up roadblocks on participation. This tactic is apparently used and accepted by certain less pleasant clans on all servers, and helped to basically end participation by smaller clans.

2. Use of exploits and cheats has to result in a hard kill. There was an exploit used in Armageddon that caused clans to quite literally be incapable of fighting for land. WG knows of it and its not exactly a secret to the rest of us. Worse than that, it is looking like there were quite a few users of enhanced automatic aim mods in play. Behavior like this is unacceptable and should be met with severe sanction, not the gifting or offering for sale of rare premium tanks that some have enjoyed from these activities. I would personally like to see the punishment be a ban from CW until the current map/event is complete for the entire offending clan. Harsh yes, but people who do things like this do not respond to mild slaps on the wrist and, "Please don't do it again!" More importantly, if a small group of cheaters gets their entire clan hit, the rest of the clan may very well see to it that this behavior does not continue.

3. Bigger maps. This has been the long term death clock for clan wars. The map is so small that it would be heavily overcrowded even when only the top hundred clans participate. For those who have not looked, there are a lot more people trying to break in than this. The map needs to be bigger, so big that it makes the creation of stability on the map impossible.

4. Gold rewards need to be evened out. The addition of a territory improving mechanic is great, but if the territories start out at different levels it will be rendered largely moot and the current cycle will simply continue.

These are all I can think of at the moment. If anyone else has any additions to share I would like to hear them.

Fraegur #7 Posted Jun 25 2015 - 10:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 32712 battles
As a player who stopped playing clan wars, I can suggest that to encourage players to participate more, the gold/credit cost should be addressed.  Typically clan wars is all tier 10 all the time.  For a mediocre, casual player like myself, that means I walk into a battle filled with high skill players and I lose lots of credits, most of the time..  Yes I could get better.  I prefer to work for a living though and keep this as a hobby.  There is room for that I think.  More average players and small clans to populate cw introduces variety and shifts the balance of power away from a stagnant map.  I suggest not only regions with lower or higher gold pay outs, but areas which are divided by tier.  Tier 10, high pay out, tier 8 (a lot of tier 8's), and tier 6, low pay out.   Better, bigger clans are not going to scoop a land that pays "1".  But they might seek small clans to occupy those low pay territories for them.  Mediocre players, like myself, might get the feeling that they can accomplish something besides spending gold.  They might even get better.

_Far #8 Posted Jun 25 2015 - 14:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 15904 battles
  • [G-U-F] G-U-F
I like this change for smaller clans. Now our 10-15 active members throughout the week clan can start participating in CW in tier 6 to give all of them a taste of what is to come in organized play! 

SteelRonin #9 Posted Jun 25 2015 - 18:53

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23430 battles
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI
Argentinian, Brazilian...Why not Chilean? :(

veganzombiez #10 Posted Jun 25 2015 - 22:06

Production

• -Players-
  • 14320 battles

View PostSlyGambit, on Jun 25 2015 - 05:58, said:

1) Are all matches 15v15 regardless of tier?

2) Are you allowed to play in multiple fronts?

3) Are the influence points being earned now going to carry over to CW 2.0 when the 'beta' test completes or will influence be reset to 0?

4) Will there be an equivalent to the TX Artic Circle or is WG going to effectively limit the availability of the TX fronts to higher skilled clans?  In other words will only the best of the best be allowed to survive on the TX front or will it be diverse enough, in terms of gold/influence values, to allow room for lesser skilled clans to compete against each other in TX?  Since WGNA controls the size of the map I'm hoping there is enough leeway in that expansion to allow smaller/lesser skilled clans to still engage in TX combat against similar skilled clans for appropriate rewards.

Addressed these on the FAQ thread.

veganzombiez #11 Posted Jun 25 2015 - 23:08

Production

• -Players-
  • 14320 battles

Please keep posts in this topic related to feedback for the Global Map 2.0 Open Beta Test.

Posts with topics not related to Global Map 2.0 will be removed. These posts should be be in the respective subforums (Clans and Clan Wars Discussion, Strongholds, etc.)

Panzerkompanie #12 Posted Jun 26 2015 - 01:14

Captain

• Players
  • 31827 battles
  • [7-BDR] 7-BDR

To be honest, my clan sat out the most recent CW campaign mainly due to apathy. However, this new CW setting has already generated interest. The ability to play tier 6 and 8 CW's (as well as tier 10) has energized our players to the point that we will be re-starting Strongholds and implementing a mentor program to help newer/younger players get the tanks they need.

As far as reh3d's comments, the best players/clans in this game SHOULD get the rewards for the campaigns. That's why they are the best. If you want a piece of the pie, you must earn it. Play strongholds, CW's and challenge yourself and your clan to get better by playing better competition. Play, learn and improve. I am a terrible player, but I don't hold anything against better players for what they have. They earned it... pure and simple.

reh3d #13 Posted Jun 26 2015 - 03:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 18867 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-
i agree, the best players should get the best gifts. i also agree that we can't and aren't blaming players/clans. this game is just not set up like sports. this caters to unicorns. that's all. and im hoping this new cw format won't continue to reward seal clubbers who arent good enough to fight clans at their same level.

Guest_t8z5h3_* #14 Posted Jun 26 2015 - 14:21

View Postreh3d, on Jun 25 2015 - 22:47, said:

i agree, the best players should get the best gifts. i also agree that we can't and aren't blaming players/clans. this game is just not set up like sports. this caters to unicorns. that's all. and im hoping this new cw format won't continue to reward seal clubbers who arent good enough to fight clans at their same level.

my view is more of a valve software type view where there should be many paths to earn the same goal (there maybe solo players out there that are equal in skill but don't want to be in a clan... so they are left out from getting things.

for me i would love to get a clanwars (global Map) camo but would rather do a set of missions like what was done for the personal reserves except make it like mouth long or something, really really force the player to commit to a task (you would set the goal at the start of the mouth and by the end you have your item) is that not fair? 

reh3d #15 Posted Jun 26 2015 - 16:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 18867 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-

View Postt8z5h3, on Jun 26 2015 - 08:21, said:

my view is more of a valve software type view where there should be many paths to earn the same goal (there maybe solo players out there that are equal in skill but don't want to be in a clan... so they are left out from getting things.

for me i would love to get a clanwars (global Map) camo but would rather do a set of missions like what was done for the personal reserves except make it like mouth long or something, really really force the player to commit to a task (you would set the goal at the start of the mouth and by the end you have your item) is that not fair? 

Imagine them allowing Ronins, random clanless players joining together just to disrupt clan CW functions. That'd be an interesting twist.

FeelMy_APCR #16 Posted Jun 27 2015 - 22:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32769 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

What about battle time?

For the ones that live in Europe, it is impossible to play currently on GM (for most people that have demanding jobs and require proper rest), and now that other fronts will be opened, will the battles there take part in the same time as the battles in US part? Or will you stretch the time zone a bit? 

For example, currently I'm "able to play" on GM from 1AM to 5AM (I believe) but would it be possible to add at least 2 hours before so the battles would start at 11PM?

Dirg #17 Posted Jun 29 2015 - 13:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26194 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNightmareMoonS, on Jun 27 2015 - 21:39, said:

What about battle time?

For the ones that live in Europe, it is impossible to play currently on GM (for most people that have demanding jobs and require proper rest), and now that other fronts will be opened, will the battles there take part in the same time as the battles in US part? Or will you stretch the time zone a bit? 

For example, currently I'm "able to play" on GM from 1AM to 5AM (I believe) but would it be possible to add at least 2 hours before so the battles would start at 11PM?

I am baffled by your post... will the NA map have times more friendly to EU players...what? 

FeelMy_APCR #18 Posted Jun 29 2015 - 15:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32769 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

View PostDirg, on Jun 29 2015 - 12:01, said:

I am baffled by your post... will the NA map have times more friendly to EU players...what? 

Are you afraid of more competition or you don't understand what I meant? Please specify.

Dirg #19 Posted Jun 29 2015 - 16:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26194 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNightmareMoonS, on Jun 29 2015 - 14:33, said:

Are you afraid of more competition or you don't understand what I meant? Please specify.

Or go play on the EU server with times meant for EU people and let the NA map have times for people who, this is crazy I know, live in the NA.

SlyGambit #20 Posted Jun 29 2015 - 21:49

Captain

• Players
  • 29137 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostNightmareMoonS, on Jun 29 2015 - 09:33, said:

I'm sure KBEAR stays awake at night in fear of the hordes of European clans storming the gates of NA so that they can all hard camp clan wars maps at 4 AM Euro time.   But with today's collapse of the Euro and Greece's economy maybe the US or Canada could get a nice deal on some of the Greek Isles.  The US at least hasn't gotten a new territory in a long time and that Alaska fire sale worked out OK.   If that happened then I could see some value in expanding the NA server map to more Eurofriendly timezones.

If anything they need to consider shrinking again and dropping the 1800 ET TZ.  I think there are about 3 clans that play over there regularly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users