• Please log in to reply
817 replies to this topic

FeelMy_APCR #21 Posted Jun 29 2015 - 22:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33589 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

View PostDirg, on Jun 29 2015 - 15:14, said:

Or go play on the EU server with times meant for EU people and let the NA map have times for people who, this is crazy I know, live in the NA.

Came here because of friends, will stay here because of them. Don't like something? Learn to deal with it.

View PostSlyGambit, on Jun 29 2015 - 20:49, said:

I'm sure KBEAR stays awake at night in fear of the hordes of European clans storming the gates of NA so that they can all hard camp clan wars maps at 4 AM Euro time.   But with today's collapse of the Euro and Greece's economy maybe the US or Canada could get a nice deal on some of the Greek Isles.  The US at least hasn't gotten a new territory in a long time and that Alaska fire sale worked out OK.   If that happened then I could see some value in expanding the NA server map to more Eurofriendly timezones.

If anything they need to consider shrinking again and dropping the 1800 ET TZ.  I think there are about 3 clans that play over there regularly.

Well I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

GrannyW #22 Posted Jun 30 2015 - 05:10

Major

• Players
  • 20060 battles
  • [OTT-V] OTT-V

Euro server has Euro times, NA server has NA times. etc. etc. Clan Wars should be scheduled for the largest group of players in that time zone. As it works out, given the different servers there are usually Clan Wars going at some place in the world. Find the server best suited to your time and play there.

It's somewhat insane to ask that an exception be made for a small pop that is playing outside their geographic zone -- one that has a server with their prime times that suit. The argument of us  being worried about competition is simply inane. All players are welcome to come and compete to their hearts content in NA time slots when the bulk of NA's players play. Competition is welcome and only good things come of it. What isn't good is diluting competition and removing resources from availability to the largest segment of the population to a less competitive population outside of the norms for a server.

SlyGambit #23 Posted Jun 30 2015 - 13:52

Captain

• Players
  • 29820 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

Do you even Southern Hemisphere, m8?

Timezones work with South America and Central America as well as North America.  Even in Canada - wherever that place is.  The server is just located in NA.  The expansion of LZ TZs to the 2 earlier timezones (1900/1800 ET) was in part as a response to our Brazilian friends who stretch into that timezone and didn't have a server to play on.

You, otoh, have a fairly well populated server that already caters to your prime time needs.

Edited by SlyGambit, Jun 30 2015 - 13:55.

GrannyW #24 Posted Jun 30 2015 - 22:42

Major

• Players
  • 20060 battles
  • [OTT-V] OTT-V

View PostNightmareMoonS, on Jun 30 2015 - 00:53, said:

... snip

I agree and that's why I never asked for an ability to play here at noon, simply 2 hours earlier of current first prime time. In fact, I don't get one thing, why CW are limited to a certain period of time in the first place.

... snip

It's already been proven out in the last event as well as in clan wars themselves that the earlier and later time slots simply do NOT have any competition on them. To the extent that two landings in Eastern Swabia didn't even get a single clan QUALIFIED to land, unopposed even, there were zero LZ applicants.  -- out of that exact time slot. People screamed for them, they got them and the clans that "compete" are tiny, poorly organized, with lower tier tanks that never get better because there is no one to fight or compete against that would push them to it.

So yes, it is a small population that has an even smaller interest in organized end game content such as clan wars.

Edge_of_Insanity #25 Posted Jul 01 2015 - 14:43

Captain

• Players
  • 21200 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostGrannyW, on Jun 30 2015 - 21:42, said:

It's already been proven out in the last event as well as in clan wars themselves that the earlier and later time slots simply do NOT have any competition on them. To the extent that two landings in Eastern Swabia didn't even get a single clan QUALIFIED to land, unopposed even, there were zero LZ applicants.  -- out of that exact time slot. People screamed for them, they got them and the clans that "compete" are tiny, poorly organized, with lower tier tanks that never get better because there is no one to fight or compete against that would push them to it.

So yes, it is a small population that has an even smaller interest in organized end game content such as clan wars.

Honestly I think that that has more to do with the death of CWs as a competitive outlet. Wargaming has been pouring funds into the WGLNA and Esports but has neglected CWs. This new map might fix things, but it is dead. I remember days were Clan War Landing tournaments would start 2-3 hours before the final battle with Land owner, And recently the only place to see that is where ever SLOPE is landed on the map (Because they put down about 14 different "sister" clans). Until Wargaming starts making Clan Wars something to do to get an actual bonus out of, we wont see much in the realm of competitive game play on the map.

Will CWs make a come back? Maybe but most likely not.

A_Cute_Girl #26 Posted Jul 01 2015 - 17:48

Major

• Players
  • 15876 battles
  • [SHOJO] SHOJO

I don't like that I have to zoom almost all the way in to see details like landings. I think 2.0 should have the visibility toggle like 1.0 where you can pick things like landings, clan emblems, and battles happening zoomed out all the way. Currently it feels really clunked together having to zoom in t_t

Other than that, I like the fresh feel of it.

The lack of details at higher zoom levels is definitely something that we are pushing to get changed.

~vegan

Tioga060 #27 Posted Jul 01 2015 - 18:51

Captain

• Players
  • 10824 battles

The UI is plagued with excessive amounts of dropdowns and necessary clicks. The animation that centers your screen in the selected province is obnoxious. The loading time on provinces that aren't loaded makes panning on the map frustrating. I cannot find any good visual indicator of the boundaries between timezones in the main view, and I don't want to have to click through the zone selection view to see it.

The maxiumum 8 clans per landing zone (I assume this is going to be tweaked before release) means clans like reddit and chai can easily fill the landing zones with alt clans and get a free win.

Hopefully in the future wargaming decides to move everything over to wargaming.net or worldoftanks.com, because having both sites for world of tanks functions isn't really ideal.

The devs are aware of the UI issues.

~vegan

ExArmyMP #28 Posted Jul 01 2015 - 19:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18992 battles
UI is confusing in that the time zones are not clearly defined within the selection map, the landing tournaments need to be visible further out.,   need to be able also to filter based on map, server -- agree with Tioga regarding the 8 clan max for the battles - hope it is only a function for this beta test and will be expanded very soon

Yankee #29 Posted Jul 01 2015 - 22:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 38938 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
more info at a higher zoom level please, this is like looking through a pinhole

SlyGambit #30 Posted Jul 01 2015 - 22:21

Captain

• Players
  • 29820 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

On auctions:

1) Please publish when preliminary bid reviews occur.  The time is not listed and I'm not certain if its occurring every hour or at different times throughout the day.   Also some notification when a bid is rejected would be helpful. EDIT: looks like we get updates in the client but no where else. So I bid using the web gui but have to check the log or get in the client to know if my bid won or lost. I suppose that's not that different than what we have today but better notification options would be nice.  

2) Please allow me to adjust a bid.  There does not seem to be an avenue for this.  Instead I have to cancel a bid and then resubmit along with any modules added.  If a bid fails it would be easier to resubmit and adjusted bid rather than have to review the log for the failed amount and then resubmit with an increased amount.

The log is nice.  I'm not sure why blind auctions were chosen as the auction method.  Seems like there will be frequent occasions where you begin mustering your clan to play in the evening only to have an auction bid beaten at the last minute and having to stand down for the night.  Also since anyone can bid up to an hour before primetime 'sneak attacks' on multiple provinces, similar to chip spam, will only give you a very small window to get people together to play.   People can also stack auctions and then remove their bids at the last minute.  

Edited by SlyGambit, Jul 02 2015 - 01:27.

Unknown0ne #31 Posted Jul 02 2015 - 02:27

Captain

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 29161 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

Not being able to just click on a region from the main page and have it automatically zoom in is annoying; though in general it seems like having the zoomed out map with the highlighted regions seems unnecessary. Why not just have the select a front overlay be the default view?

Also, for those of us with bad internet, the map is very slow/laggy to navigate. Any chance of a no-frills mode for the map that just uses solid colors instead of the fancy map images that show terrain features?

Gyarados #32 Posted Jul 02 2015 - 03:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 14368 battles
I feel like the idea of limiting province income based on a rating that we aren't 100% sure how it's calculated is a bad idea. Does the rating decay over time, what's the formula?

Silentturtle130 #33 Posted Jul 02 2015 - 03:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 6950 battles
  • [HA-HA] HA-HA
I feel like the buttons that pop up in the middle (ie territory controls, landings, auctioning) are a little too big, it might be my screen size though.

Edited by Silentturtle130, Jul 02 2015 - 04:33.

PrototypeRewired #34 Posted Jul 02 2015 - 12:48

Major

• Players
  • 13420 battles

land available in tier 6 seams fair. Tier 8 is okay land wise. Tier X needs WAY more land than that overall, and more land specifically in the 1800 and 1900 time zone. People already have ground out a boat load of tier X's they're going to want to use them, but they're going to need more space than that to use them in. At least as much as the current global map.  Tier 8 could use more in that time zone range of 1800-1900 as well.

I would also like to see the "I win" button removed from the map. AKA the pull off button.

Im also going to have to agree with Tioga here. 8 clan limit on a landing zone is ridiculous. It needs to be removed completely, not only because of "swamping" of sub and sister clans, but simply because the few clans that can only fight in one time zone will get shafted by clans that can fight in 4 just because they're no landing zones available in their time slot.
+1 Tioga

Edited by PrototypePegasus, Jul 02 2015 - 12:54.

B33PB33P #35 Posted Jul 02 2015 - 15:55

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21709 battles
  • [OTT-V] OTT-V

the UI is a nice improvement over the old one

what's the difference between provinces that have a bullseye on them and ones that don't?

1AkFfSq.png

when filtered through "province income", the color scale appears to be low, medium, high

can we have the xvm colors instead? lowmedium, highvery high

:)

veganzombiez #36 Posted Jul 02 2015 - 17:36

Production

• -Players-
  • 14320 battles

View PostSlyGambit, on Jul 01 2015 - 13:21, said:

On auctions:

1) Please publish when preliminary bid reviews occur.  The time is not listed and I'm not certain if its occurring every hour or at different times throughout the day.   Also some notification when a bid is rejected would be helpful. EDIT: looks like we get updates in the client but no where else. So I bid using the web gui but have to check the log or get in the client to know if my bid won or lost. I suppose that's not that different than what we have today but better notification options would be nice.  

Number of preliminary result calculations 3
Time of preliminary result calculations #  Time

10 hours before Prime Time

8 hours before Prime Time

5 hours before Prime Time

Time of final result calculations 1 hour before Prime Time

Full GM2.0 Open Beta guide here.

View PostB33PB33P, on Jul 02 2015 - 06:55, said:

what's the difference between provinces that have a bullseye on them and ones that don't?

1AkFfSq.png

Bullseye = Landing province.

I'll add both of these to the FAQ as well.

EliminationStation #37 Posted Jul 02 2015 - 17:37

Captain

• Players
  • 30705 battles
  • [LTD] LTD

I am very happy with CW 2.0 so far. I like the new bidding metric, and the fronts including tier changes. The map UI itself could use some improvements, mainly it's slow and takes more time than it should due to the zoom to look at each of the landing zones.

The only real complaint I have so far is that it only seems to be a handful of game maps available for landing zones, could stand a bit more diversity in getting on the map.

Guest_t8z5h3_* #38 Posted Jul 02 2015 - 17:57

how is my time zone calculated on the global map?

_Far #39 Posted Jul 02 2015 - 18:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 15904 battles
  • [G-U-F] G-U-F

View PostNatep1031, on Jul 02 2015 - 10:37, said:

I am very happy with CW 2.0 so far. I like the new bidding metric, and the fronts including tier changes. The map UI itself could use some improvements, mainly it's slow and takes more time than it should due to the zoom to look at each of the landing zones.

The only real complaint I have so far is that it only seems to be a handful of game maps available for landing zones, could stand a bit more diversity in getting on the map.

Slow. Yes. Very very slow.

davarco #40 Posted Jul 03 2015 - 00:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9920 battles
  • [TLOP] TLOP

Just wondering, but how much influence do all of you suggest bidding? (6, 8, 10)

As for my opinion:

- Great that strongholds is finally linked to clan wars by influence

- Pretty good amount of land for tier 6, tier 8 and 10 need WAY more land

- Change maximum clans in landing tourney to 16?

- Like the idea of bidding actually, and that you can change your bid, remove it, etc

- Plz improve the slow UI...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users