Global Map 2.0 Beta General Feedback

• Please log in to reply
817 replies to this topic

PrototypeRewired #41 Posted Jul 03 2015 - 00:28

Major

• Players
  • 13420 battles

Prime time is listed as 1800. Battles start at 2000 on landing zone according to your system notification. 

The prime time is supposed to be 1800, that's when the LZ battles need to start going through their tournament thing. 

Have the regular on land battles pop at the same time. 

Please don't list a prime time, and then have the battles for it 2 hours later. All that does is screw people over.

I'm sorry but, WG, you're over complicating this. 

Edited by PrototypePegasus, Jul 03 2015 - 05:15.

Valan #42 Posted Jul 03 2015 - 00:28

Major

• Players
  • 34661 battles

View PostYankee, on Jul 01 2015 - 22:01, said:

more info at a higher zoom level please, this is like looking through a pinhole

Please listen and act upon Yankee's request. 

Can Wargaming let the User Interface controls be fully operational from a screen sized "1920 by 1080 pixels"?

PrototypeRewired #43 Posted Jul 03 2015 - 01:29

Major

• Players
  • 13420 battles

Can I get a confirm or deny on this from a WG staff member?

Arty strikes and air bomb raid things...the consumables from strongholds. Are they able to be used in a real clan wars fight?

Cause last I looked a battle was still supposed to come down to skill, not who's got the bigger air strike or arty barrage perk. 

GM2 Combat Reserves aren't linked to your Stronghold structures.

~vegan

soslo #44 Posted Jul 03 2015 - 01:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41074 battles
  • [SEGA] SEGA

Im and idiot, dont pay any mind to this post if you read it before I changed it.

Edited by soslo, Jul 03 2015 - 01:55.

Silentturtle130 #45 Posted Jul 03 2015 - 01:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 6995 battles
  • [HA-HA] HA-HA
That is the Tier X front soslo

Dirg #46 Posted Jul 03 2015 - 05:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26312 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
On the T6 side (I dont know how this scales in t8 and t10) the influence costs seem way out of proportion. Assuming T6 CW's is designed for clans doing T6 Strongholds the cost of divisions, upkeep and all that seems to be very high in comparison to the influence (15) earned per fight in T6 SH skirmishes? I am also curious if Arty and airstrikes are supposed to be working in t6 because they do not seem to be, I would also go out on a limb and say they should not exist at this level of play or be severely weakened from the current state at this level.

PrototypeRewired #47 Posted Jul 03 2015 - 05:23

Major

• Players
  • 13420 battles

View PostDirg, on Jul 02 2015 - 23:03, said:

I would also go out on a limb and say they should not exist at this level of play or be severely weakened from the current state at this level.

Can we just get them removed from clan wars entirely? They take away from the actual skill of clan wars. 

While I'm at it, I'd rather not have clans not on the map applying to land on a property we own by bidding on it. I feel the bidding should only be limited to territory's with no clans on them. I mean really what's the point of fighting your way inland if some extremely good top team just decides to pull off from tier X and go on an "African safari" 2.0 edition and wipe you off the map in one night just from an overage of influence points.

soslo #48 Posted Jul 03 2015 - 06:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41074 battles
  • [SEGA] SEGA

View PostSilentturtle130, on Jul 02 2015 - 18:56, said:

That is the Tier X front soslo

yeah I saw that, that's why I edited my post and made sure everyone knows I'm and idiot lol. BUT, I do think that may need to be something to look at. The tier 6 CW's should be protected for newer clans (ie new to clan wars) and less skilled clans so as to not discourage them from participating. Hopefully there will be lots of land and it wont be an issue.

Silentturtle130 #49 Posted Jul 03 2015 - 06:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 6995 battles
  • [HA-HA] HA-HA

View PostPrototypePegasus, on Jul 02 2015 - 23:23, said:

While I'm at it, I'd rather not have clans not on the map applying to land on a property we own by bidding on it. I feel the bidding should only be limited to territory's with no clans on them. I mean really what's the point of fighting your way inland if some extremely good top team just decides to pull off from tier X and go on an "African safari" 2.0 edition and wipe you off the map in one night just from an overage of influence points.

Imagine it on a bigger scale than just 1 clan.  The Great Auction War of 2015.

PrototypeRewired #50 Posted Jul 03 2015 - 06:47

Major

• Players
  • 13420 battles

View PostSilentturtle130, on Jul 03 2015 - 00:39, said:

Imagine it on a bigger scale than just 1 clan.  The Great Auction War of 2015.

I imagined it, it was awful.

Dirg #51 Posted Jul 03 2015 - 19:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26312 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Yeah auctions are probably the single worst idea ever. I just look back at wars of the past and project them with the ability to land anywhere I choose with influence. So now when Chai or even RDDT says "To WAR!" a clan with 10 territories can expect 10 separate clans spending massive amounts of influence to land on them and cause 10 simo fights. Since its 10 clans there is no realistic way they could afford division upkeep for 10 divisions and try to outbid anyone in defense advantage zerg.

I am really struggling to understand the balance in influence cost right now. As things sit it seems that I must run strongholds to maintain even the most modest of clanwars land. I have to do it daily and I have to spend an hour or 2 on it or pull a marathon skirmish run. I can do that because we win a lot but I do not see it being viable to many clans they want to engage in clan wars. Its early still but my impression are costs and rewards are very much not viable.

Yankee #52 Posted Jul 03 2015 - 20:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 39908 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

I just don't like the crossover between the two.  I should be able to choose to play clan wars, without choosing to grind strongholds.   

I realize WG's intent is to get a lot of people to play a lot of games, because this is how they make money.   But SH, followed by CW, while trying to balance SH Raid attacks and defenses, followed by more SH skirmish is simply too much.  In fact, it's more than too much, it's ridiculous. 

The WGLNA and Skirmish tourney players will not be useful in a clan anymore, they just don't have the time to be contributing members.  It's more beneficial to have 7 low blues grinding influence, than 7 gold league players who show up for attendance codes and the occasional must win CW game. 

William_of_Orange #53 Posted Jul 03 2015 - 21:42

Major

• Players
  • 11174 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY

View PostYankee, on Jul 03 2015 - 12:23, said:

The WGLNA and Skirmish tourney players will not be useful in a clan anymore, they just don't have the time to be contributing members.  It's more beneficial to have 7 low blues grinding influence, than 7 gold league players who show up for attendance codes and the occasional must win CW game. 

PrototypeRewired #54 Posted Jul 04 2015 - 01:01

Major

• Players
  • 13420 battles

I agree with Dirg and Yankee's two last posts #61 and #62.

Take my upboats, all of them!

Wildblade #55 Posted Jul 04 2015 - 04:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44247 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

Another thing that is dumb as hell is I have to set the priority list for the airstrikes/bombers so far in advance.  I have to to set them before I know who is online for the night, before I know who we are fighting or what map it is is on.  And I have to set it in such a way that it is valid in every fight we have for the entire night.  Their really really needs to be a way to assign who gets control of those after the special has popped so I can assign it based on who is playing what, not who might be online and maybe has an unlocked arty if we get a map that we run arty on.

You can set the list manually. It also typically goes to the highest ranked officer.

~vegan

Dirg #56 Posted Jul 04 2015 - 05:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26312 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The more I study the more I am seeing that this is far to time intensive. If this amount of time is going to be required to play Clanwars I will finally close up shop. SH's is fun some times but I don't want to grind it for hours just to play Clanwars. I understand the lower tiers and its a good idea. So far the rest seems to be a huge mess that should have stayed on the toilet seat where they found it.

SlyGambit #57 Posted Jul 04 2015 - 18:38

Captain

• Players
  • 30350 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

Its View Postrandy71, on Jul 04 2015 - 11:14, said:

really all this map is doing is creating a seal clubbing alley ,,,same old thing ,big high rated clans come in gobble everything up. dont understand why clans aren't rated then allowed only in certain areas according to their rating ,,,,seems like another way to feed the big clans ,,,alot of us are dubbing new map seal club alley.new clans going for t6 lands shouldn't have to compete with top clans ,,,its discouraging,,and after a few really bad loses a clan tends to quit,,you been doing the same old thing over and over and over you basically have to be a top clan to win most anything around this game,,,sad so sad!!  

Its a beta test. The map is very small right now to facilitate that. Wait until they take it out of beta before whining about the mix. Frankly the TX section is way, way too small to enable the majority of active land holding clans to experiment with the new features. 

Also I'm getting the same feeling related to this as Yankee/Dirg. This feels like too much of a time sink. Also the way that you've made SH and CW linked but then also made the times overlap make it even more difficult to play. We have a 9 PM et defense period and normally play in the 9 PM window for CW. In landings that meant if we won/lost quickly enough the same people playing SH could switch to CW. If we do land battles they don't start until 9:3 for encounters and 10:3 for land battles.  However now if we are attacked in CW it overlaps with SH. Obviously we are going to either move time zones in CW or move our defense period in SHs but even then we will be unable to schedule raids during the time period we typically defend. 

With auctions we have no ability to use diplomacy to be certain we won't be attacked in multiple provinces. While riots could pop we can control that and when they occur we have all afternoon to muster for simuls. 

It just seems like you've taken CW, which isn't exactly at the height of its popularity, and made it so everyone who wants to play needs to invest more time in it. Since it seems like you will likely limit access to areas based on skill and activity (simply by the size of the area you elect to devote to TX and the number of competitive clans) the only reason to play CW over strongholds is to farm gold. 

If someone isn't that interested in gold why should they play CW?

map381 #58 Posted Jul 05 2015 - 04:41

Captain

• Players
  • 19140 battles
  • [REL_3] REL_3
I like the actual look of the new map.  But damn is it information overload.  And time overload.  3 different auction cut offs through out the day?  Right, because you want us to fight in the evenings, and play web browser games earlier.....

IanSanJr #59 Posted Jul 05 2015 - 09:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 64924 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
if CW 2.0 release, will Clan Task available in CW 2.0?

themusgrat #60 Posted Jul 05 2015 - 10:53

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 29861 battles
  • [LARRY] LARRY

This is absolutely ridiculous. First, if I am commander, I should have control over arty/bomber strikes, period. I should also be able to give control to several other people, namely whoever I want, period. Not that they're useful in the first place. Second, when I close borders of the province I'm attacking, how does that work? It doesn't, does it?

Third, this is a ridiculous time sink. Not only that, but to really upgrade gold income, you have to get a ton of fights. There must be some way of gaining clan rating without attacking so much territory that you cannot possibly hold it all. Also, it's ridiculous how much you have to grind strongholds to the point where if you don't get to that point, any stupid clan with a bare handful of people doing stronkholds a few days a week can just apply for all your provinces. You can easily get spammed right now for all you're worth. In essence, you are nerfing the gold income of the top clans, because they cannot field the 8 teams per night that you'd need if slightly organized people wanted to turn every province of yours into a lz.

It's just ridiculous. It seems that the devs were like "let's totally change clan wars," so without actually changing the basics of it, they went as far opposite of how it has always worked, that now they're at this ridiculous extreme. There is no way that anyone has thought through these rules. It's really absurd, that anyone would think that this is an improvement.

Finally, none of what is said here in the NA forum matters. We all think we have a voice, but the truth is, our collective voices get voiced into 2 or 3 voices that are heard in Russia. And the few voices the NA server has in Russia, are largely discarded. As long as the game is worth playing, cw will always exist, no matter how much the devs screw it up. Just because there is free gold for anyone who is willing to spend the effort and time. But WG is driving away anyone who actually values their effort and time. You are directly increasing the effort, time, not to mention stress level, of any clan who keeps going with cw 2.0. It is not good game design. It is not good game strategy. This is horrific. This game is not worth it.

Edited by themusgrat, Jul 05 2015 - 10:54.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users