• Please log in to reply
817 replies to this topic

PrototypeRewired #61 Posted Jul 05 2015 - 19:41

Major

• Players
  • 13420 battles

View Postreh3d, on Jul 05 2015 - 13:37, said:

upvote dirg and tsavo.

but, tsavo, i didnt call all unicorns rerollers. i used the word "or". 

anyway, CW2 will offer a much more level playing field, providing WG doesnt allow clans to play on multiple fronts unless they pull off the front they are already in. and heck, it doesnt take much coding to make fronts available to clans with certain avg pr or win8.

Fronts wont be separated by WN8 or PR ( WG doesn't even own WN8 so they cant base it off that anyways )

Odds are they will open up the tier X box further and that will let allot of the 'bigger clans" go back up there and fight in that area,'

All the little clans have to remember, tank locking goes for both this 2.0 practice run, and the regular map. Allot of the "big" clans are fighting lower tiers so they dont have to waste the tier X's that they get locked on the real clan wars map. Once the older map gets faded you can most likely expect to see them moving into the higher tier fighting zones. Provided that WG expands it to original global map size or bigger. Especially on the 1800 and 1900 time blocks >_> 

reh3d #62 Posted Jul 05 2015 - 19:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 18867 battles
  • [CLAS3] CLAS3
from the current scale of provinces to the full map, theres gonna be a hell of a lot of provinces. tons of opportunity for everyone. would be great if they release the entire map at once, rather than one continent at a time.

snookmaster101 #63 Posted Jul 05 2015 - 20:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41450 battles

from the current scale of provinces to the full map, theres gonna be a hell of a lot of provinces. tons of opportunity for everyone. would be great if they release the entire map at once, rather than one continent at a time.

You say that now but look at the land they increased on the global map that was taken over within a few days. The point is they shouldn't even  be down in tier 6. They are the very cancer on the global map, how long before it the same on the new map? Think about it.

snookmaster101 #64 Posted Jul 05 2015 - 21:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41450 battles

upvote dirg and tsavo.

but, tsavo, i didnt call all unicorns rerollers. i used the word "or". 

anyway, CW2 will offer a much more level playing field, providing WG doesnt allow clans to play on multiple fronts unless they pull off the front they are already in. and heck, it doesnt take much coding to make fronts available to clans with certain avg pr or win8.

When the cancer has taken affect. Only then maybe some of you will see the light but from the global map. it doesn't seem to sink in.:)

BuubyTrap #65 Posted Jul 05 2015 - 23:02

Major

• Players
  • 28809 battles

Okay, I don't know who will neg me more, the "big boy clans" or the "worthless scrub clans" (apparently there are no "average" clans), but I'd like to point out one thing about CW 2.0.

It is not in full release. The system is not set in stone. There will be changes and tweaks. The whole CW 2.0 system is open to be tested, poked, prodded, stretched. It really isn't about who can hold land on what part of the map, it is about getting it ready for that phase. I don't see why top level clans shouldn't be able to try out any tier, and I don't see why other clans shouldn't be able to try out whatever tier they can field a team for. It is about testing for functionality and playability.

It is a form of test server - and who is more qualified to test it for content and playability? The "big boy clans", who have been playing on the Global Map for years, or the "worthless scrub clans" who are trying it out for the first time? I'd actually say, BOTH have valid input. Why? The one side sees how things are being changed, for better and/or worse - and can give educated opinions thanks to their level of experience. The other side sees it from the new participant side, checking it out to see if it is too complex for the beginning contenders, finding things that have the potential to be barriers to the smaller clans - things that the veterans might not even be aware of.

Think of it this way: a professional race car driver can probably give a pretty good review of the highway performance of a Porsche, or of a Kia. However, that same driver might miss things that are important to the casual driver, like oh, convenience of the child seat tie downs. There are different levels of importance to different users!

Now, I may be completely off-base, but when the new system is actually finalized and the old one retired, then you can worry about who contests which tiers. I have a sneaking suspicion that, with a handful of exceptions, the top clans will resume the tier 10 battle on lands with higher pay-outs, the newcomers will get their feet wet on the tier 6 part of the map, and the up-and-comers and the rebuilding clans will slot into the middle.

Unknown0ne #66 Posted Jul 06 2015 - 01:26

Captain

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 29166 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

I made back in the original announcement thread for CW 2.0 I made a post that I think is relevant to the current trend of the discussion. I won't quote it because it's a wall of text, but you can read it here.

More on topic, could the guide section on Modules ( http://worldoftanks....e/headquarters/ ) include the icon used for each module on the map? At first glance, the recon icon could easily be mistaken for a bombing run (or well, I did), and some of the other icons aren't obvious (like Chemical Defense Battalion). Also, it would be nice if hovering over the icon on the CW map would display a tooltip.

This should be doable.  I'll ask for the art.

~vegan

BuubyTrap #67 Posted Jul 06 2015 - 01:56

Major

• Players
  • 28809 battles

View Postsnookhooked, on Jul 06 2015 - 00:50, said:

Incorrect. Its about clans that don't have a reason to be in the tier 6 cws. They need to give us little clans a chance not only to fight each other and own land but to grow as a clan. Its clear most low level people cant compete aginst them and you know that as well.

View Postveganzombiez, on Jun 24 2015 - 18:56, said:

This thread is for you to provide any feedback you have regarding the Global Map 2.0 Open Beta test.

It is about testing, not b*tching about what clan plays what tier.

IanSanJr #68 Posted Jul 06 2015 - 03:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 66336 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostUnknown0ne, on Jul 02 2015 - 09:27, said:

Not being able to just click on a region from the main page and have it automatically zoom in is annoying; though in general it seems like having the zoomed out map with the highlighted regions seems unnecessary. Why not just have the select a front overlay be the default view?

Also, for those of us with bad internet, the map is very slow/laggy to navigate. Any chance of a no-frills mode for the map that just uses solid colors instead of the fancy map images that show terrain features?

have you try Google Torch? i tried google chrome and mozilla is bit laggy. try google torch

IanSanJr #69 Posted Jul 06 2015 - 07:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 66336 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

Oh men,

I though Global Map is completely different, I mean the province that already fully upgraded gold income level and the enemy clan took it and start from zero level(enemy clan). We did recapturing that province and it back to basic level (zero level) and that mean I have to start from beginning to upgrade maximize gold income level.

SlyGambit #70 Posted Jul 06 2015 - 14:54

Captain

• Players
  • 30928 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostIanSanJr, on Jul 05 2015 - 03:42, said:

if CW 2.0 release, will Clan Task available in CW 2.0?

Bumping Ian's question.  Lost in the back and forth that probably could have been left off this thread...

DUNDALK #71 Posted Jul 06 2015 - 17:35

Major

• Players
  • 56114 battles
  • [SU] SU

I thought tier 6 clan wars might be cool if it was 15 on 15.

was disappointed to learn its 7 on 7.

Poke me if you can't find a 7th player.

SlyGambit #72 Posted Jul 06 2015 - 18:25

Captain

• Players
  • 30928 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostDUNDALK, on Jul 06 2015 - 11:35, said:

I thought tier 6 clan wars might be cool if it was 15 on 15.

was disappointed to learn its 7 on 7.

Poke me if you can't find a 7th player.

15 T8s would be interesting.  15 T6s would be interesting.  Hell even 10 TXs would be interesting.

The 10 T8s and 7 T6s is terrible.   Maps are designed for 15v15.   All T6 is fastcap vs. hard camp, fastcap vs. fastcap, or the best hardcamp vs. hardcamp.   T8 isn't much different though there is at least some possibility of running a strat.  However most of the time semi-interesting strats are getting chewed up by IS-3 zerg rushes.

The idea that you can have clanwars, which should be the best team competition in the game, and do it with lower tiers and fewer tanks is just not working.  I'm still holding out a modicum of hope that the folks with the map keys let us have plenty of TX provinces so that the domain of TX CW isn't relegated to just the most talented or most active clans.   But based on the early returns it looks like they'll put top-50 clans in TX, 50-150 in T8, and everyone else can sit down at T6 and learn horrible team tactics.

I'll check to see if smaller maps are possible for Tier VI/VIII to better scale with smaller teams.

~vegan

514514 #73 Posted Jul 06 2015 - 19:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36658 battles

First you did a great job wargaming!

The only thing that i think who need to be change is the tank locking....

i really don't see the point to put that concept.

it just lower the fun and small clan who don't have tons of tank can't just play on global map :(

scharnhorst310 #74 Posted Jul 06 2015 - 20:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 24444 battles
I also like how t

View Post_Marine, on Jul 06 2015 - 19:20, said:

KBear... Relish... clearly this guy has an idea about whats going on in the CW scene.

I also like how they always say "well durr its the same clans from day 1 dominating..." oh really. Look at all those same clans... oh wait

_Marine #75 Posted Jul 06 2015 - 20:26

Major

• Players
  • 30187 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

Back on Topic

Tier 6/8 should be 15 v 15 IMO. It was used during Campaign 3 and with the latest mini-campaign, and with tier 10 strats working pretty well during the mini-campaign. Having those 15 v 15 would be a good way to train/encourage those playing those tiers to develop strats to carry over as they move up maps. 

Time-Zones need some work, better balanced. More mid-zone, fewer early and maybe a fewer late

SlyGambit #76 Posted Jul 06 2015 - 20:39

Captain

• Players
  • 30928 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View Post_Marine, on Jul 06 2015 - 14:26, said:

Back on Topic

Tier 6/8 should be 15 v 15 IMO. It was used during Campaign 3 and with the latest mini-campaign, and with tier 10 strats working pretty well during the mini-campaign. Having those 15 v 15 would be a good way to train/encourage those playing those tiers to develop strats to carry over as they move up maps. 

Time-Zones need some work, better balanced. More mid-zone, fewer early and maybe a fewer late

Since actual battle times have moved up ~30 minutes (encounter/landing) to 90 minutes (land battles) it seems like dropping the early timezone and adding a later timezone would make more sense.  Clans that cross timezones with EST/CST/PST playerbase who sat in the mid timezone to catch 10:30 PM ET battles now need to be in the late TZ to accomplish similar start times.

Just seems like it makes sense to shift TZs since you shifted actual battle times.  

map381 #77 Posted Jul 06 2015 - 20:46

Captain

• Players
  • 19140 battles
  • [REL_3] REL_3

View Postsnookhooked, on Jul 05 2015 - 17:19, said:

Hardly misinformed to another stat padder wallet warrior. The argument hold it own for the truth be told.We as you like to term it as know how you got the stats but they weren't on your own pubing. Sell that lie to somebody else.

Battles 17934 12 64 212 392
Avg. Tier 8.01 9.75 9.67 9.45 9.6

Average tier of 8...and I club seals? 

View PostSlyGambit, on Jul 06 2015 - 14:39, said:

Since actual battle times have moved up ~30 minutes (encounter/landing) to 90 minutes (land battles) it seems like dropping the early timezone and adding a later timezone would make more sense.  Clans that cross timezones with EST/CST/PST playerbase who sat in the mid timezone to catch 10:30 PM ET battles now need to be in the late TZ to accomplish similar start times.

Just seems like it makes sense to shift TZs since you shifted actual battle times.  

I actually like not having to sit around for 30-90 mins for a battle.  Find out whats going on, get it done.  Not find out whats going on, sit for 20-80 mins, get it done

SlyGambit #78 Posted Jul 06 2015 - 21:55

Captain

• Players
  • 30928 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View Postmap381, on Jul 06 2015 - 14:46, said:

I actually like not having to sit around for 30-90 mins for a battle.  Find out whats going on, get it done.  Not find out whats going on, sit for 20-80 mins, get it done

Oh definitely.  I'm more talking about the actual start times of battle windows for timezones.  The time between battles of tournaments and stronghold raids have always been more efficient than the CW 1.0 timing. 

The length of time spent waiting + fighting has gone down a lot which means less time committed.  But the start time changes means you need to be available much earlier in the evening to be able to play than previously.  Even that isn't bad per se but needs to be accounted for in terms of maps per time zone and the time zones available.

MKA #79 Posted Jul 06 2015 - 22:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47440 battles

plz the pop-up of the  influence earned in every single battle in SH and CW2.0,spams, its like all the information is in separated pop-up.  

try to put in a single pop-up msg.  if its posible.

i have like 15 different pop-ups in each one i have the #battle  and the total influence made in that day. its very helpfull all that info but not in separate pop ups.

Edited by MKA, Jul 06 2015 - 22:42.

GlanzaVi #80 Posted Jul 06 2015 - 22:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1173 battles
  • [-UD-] -UD-

View Postsnookhooked, on Jul 06 2015 - 03:12, said:

Which side of the face am I speaking to for your saying two things?:)

I think he's trying to say that he's been there, along with what im guessing is a third of his clan. And that they were in the same position you are, wanting the same things. But eventually, with enough time and effort got past the fact that what they wanted back in the day, and what you want now, didn't and doesn't exist exist.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users