Global Map 2.0 Beta General Feedback

• Please log in to reply
817 replies to this topic

PrototypeRewired #81 Posted Jul 06 2015 - 23:10

Major

• Players
  • 13420 battles

View Post_Marine, on Jul 06 2015 - 14:26, said:

Time-Zones need some work, better balanced. More mid-zone, fewer early and maybe a fewer late

Oh please no, there are more clans that have their best attendance in the earlier time zone than they do in the mid time zone. There's already more land in the middle time zones already. 18 and 1900 either need more territory, or the battles actually need to pop at 1800...and not later. 

Or, to solve that problem entirely don't have any hard lines on the time zones. That way you could hold land in both 1800 and 1900. 

Rabbit #82 Posted Jul 07 2015 - 00:07

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 11530 battles
  • [RDTT2] RDTT2
Can we all agree that this 7v7 at Tier 6 is terrible format and it should be 10v10 at minimum? I'd prefer 15v15 but apparently that might be too much for "lesser clans" to handle.

PrototypeRewired #83 Posted Jul 07 2015 - 01:29

Major

• Players
  • 13420 battles

* My clock was off nevermind, still could use more land in 1900 and 1800 though.

Edited by PrototypePegasus, Jul 07 2015 - 01:37.

ColdSteel5a #84 Posted Jul 07 2015 - 02:44

Captain

• Players
  • 32603 battles

REally don't like how the air strike and artillery get assigned.  

Can there be a way to assign who has it during the count down with anyone able to use it.

Wildblade #85 Posted Jul 07 2015 - 03:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44247 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

View PostHey_Every_, on Jul 06 2015 - 20:44, said:

REally don't like how the air strike and artillery get assigned.  

Can there be a way to assign who has it during the count down with anyone able to use it.

Yes yes yes a thousand times yes.  ggs tonight bunny btw

Edited by Wildblade, Jul 07 2015 - 03:06.

ColdSteel5a #86 Posted Jul 07 2015 - 14:10

Captain

• Players
  • 32603 battles

Okay, here are some thoughts.

The good:

I like the interface for looking over the map.  Looks very nice.  Miss the ability to bring up every province available for landing the old global map had and the abilty to sort by income, owner, map, etc.  At this point, it takes a really long time to find an acceptable target.

The ability to put modules onto the detachments is nice as well. I think everyone we have played is running with airstrike and artillery barrage though...

The Bad:

Tier 6 and 8 having limited numbers of tanks.  Look, Clan Wars is end game content.  Let people play 15 on 15.  It is slightly less bad at the lower tiers if you can field a full team and actually have a flex force rather than fast capping because you can't find the other guys.  15 on 15 gets people ready for the campaign - unless the campaign is going to be 7 on 7?  With Fame points.  Arrrggghhh my head my explode.

Air Strikes and Artillery usage mechanics:  Okay, I get that they're here to stay.  However,  can we get the ability to assign the usage to someone.  Being able to assign the usage to someone in arty, or the camping TD, or someone NOT IN THE MEDIUM FLEX FORCE who is driving like a mad-man trying to circle a tank while simultaneously calling for fire.  Since I can't figure out who actually is going to get it, I can't even try to put that person into a certain tank.  The rules say the clan can modify the position of people in the list to put someone at the top, but so far, haven't been able to do that - position in list seems completely determined by who opens special battles first.

Influence:  Egads I hate this.  With a passion I hate this.  I don't like Stronghold detachments anyway, and now it's like a full time job. I like the concept to allow active clans to generate activity on the map, but in practice, it makes time in world of tanks either boring, or lacking in influence.

Tank Locking:  Please, please stop the lock.  It really doesn't create much of a benefit.  It makes it harder for clans with fewer tanks to actually get into tier 10 clan wars, and really only serves the larger clans.  And even then, yuck.

So in general, after giving it a try for a week, I'm really not liking the new map.  I understand what it tries to do, but I can't help but feel it really doesn't make the content more accessible or more fun.

Wildblade #87 Posted Jul 07 2015 - 14:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44247 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
@Hey_Every_, in order to change the priority list of who gets to control the artiller/bombers, go to the new global map.  Look in the top right and you will see a button with gears, click that.  This will bring up the setting menu, the very first option lets you change the priority for control of modules.  The downside is you have to set this while battles are only "planned" not "scheduled", check the new global map guide for details on those two terms, but in short do it before the last turn to throw divisions rolls over, so an hour before the fight.

Dirg #88 Posted Jul 07 2015 - 16:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26313 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Arty and AS work in T6? I disagree with them as a mechanic but if they are working in T6 that at least should be removed. While I understand everyones concern about 7 t6s, 10 t8s however keep in mind these are the skirmishes everyoone plays so all of wargamings metrics say this is what you want. Personally I would rather they keep team size but make it all T10... 7t10 10t10 15t10. Lets actual SMALL(note really small not 100man 5yearold terrible) clans play CWs and stay smaller. T10 allows a ton more options as t6 is T37 dominated or T8 is is3 dominated.

DUNDALK #89 Posted Jul 07 2015 - 23:44

Major

• Players
  • 56114 battles
  • [SU] SU

there's another thing that has always been said about debates that came to my mind.

answer me this someone from wargaming ( well not really, the rhetorical question posed is enough. Im not expecting something in writing)

im looking big picture here. how do you win CW 2.0? what is the endgame? is there a demand for nightly fights that isn't being met with the current system? Who is being shut out now that you want to include, how do you include them without killing the buzz for the old guard?

demanding 30-40 guys play to grind strongholds so that you can make a few bucks/100 makes no sense for anyone who has all the tanks already....which Im sure you know......but my hope is that things will be flexible with Veganzombiez as the dungeon master and throwing wild cards and hand grenades everywhere....

that I haven't seen any flexibility for a diet tier 6 and a regular full blast pepsi tier 6 has me worried.

edit: fake worried

Edited by DUNDALK, Jul 07 2015 - 23:47.

poppa_2014 #90 Posted Jul 08 2015 - 00:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27814 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

Hello here is some feedback from a small Clan in the top 350 Clans.

1. totally missed the divisions part and read a lot of the information, our Combat officers handle the Clan Wars, they need powers to create divisions and run the map that's my understanding what they are for, we lost our land because our combat officer was unable to create a division when we moved our lone division to attack an adjacent land.

I'll see if Combat Officers will be able to create divisions.

~vegan

2. Modules, are they tier limited or can you use artillery/Plane strikes in tier 8 and 6?

3. Again top Clans are on both maps with a lot of land on both maps, makes it difficult for smaller Clans to actually learn about the nuances of this new map, Maybe can't own land on both maps let more Clans get involved, your keeping the "little" guy out again. I think we as a community need to worry about the 99% not the 1%........without the 99% there is no one percent!!!!!!

4. Maybe should have a cutoff for Clan Rating to enter tier 6 map, tier 8 map to allow the other 3,300 Clans an opportunity to experience Clan Wars at tier 6 and tier 8. The PROS should not be in the lower tiers in my humble opinion.

Tanks,

Poppa_2014 (DROID) Army Commander

IanSanJr #91 Posted Jul 08 2015 - 02:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 65581 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostHey_Every_, on Jul 07 2015 - 21:10, said:

Okay, here are some thoughts.

The good:

I like the interface for looking over the map.  Looks very nice.  Miss the ability to bring up every province available for landing the old global map had and the abilty to sort by income, owner, map, etc.  At this point, it takes a really long time to find an acceptable target.

The ability to put modules onto the detachments is nice as well. I think everyone we have played is running with airstrike and artillery barrage though...

The Bad:

Tier 6 and 8 having limited numbers of tanks.  Look, Clan Wars is end game content.  Let people play 15 on 15.  It is slightly less bad at the lower tiers if you can field a full team and actually have a flex force rather than fast capping because you can't find the other guys.  15 on 15 gets people ready for the campaign - unless the campaign is going to be 7 on 7?  With Fame points.  Arrrggghhh my head my explode.

Air Strikes and Artillery usage mechanics:  Okay, I get that they're here to stay.  However,  can we get the ability to assign the usage to someone.  Being able to assign the usage to someone in arty, or the camping TD, or someone NOT IN THE MEDIUM FLEX FORCE who is driving like a mad-man trying to circle a tank while simultaneously calling for fire.  Since I can't figure out who actually is going to get it, I can't even try to put that person into a certain tank.  The rules say the clan can modify the position of people in the list to put someone at the top, but so far, haven't been able to do that - position in list seems completely determined by who opens special battles first.

Influence:  Egads I hate this.  With a passion I hate this.  I don't like Stronghold detachments anyway, and now it's like a full time job. I like the concept to allow active clans to generate activity on the map, but in practice, it makes time in world of tanks either boring, or lacking in influence.

Tank Locking:  Please, please stop the lock.  It really doesn't create much of a benefit.  It makes it harder for clans with fewer tanks to actually get into tier 10 clan wars, and really only serves the larger clans.  And even then, yuck.

So in general, after giving it a try for a week, I'm really not liking the new map.  I understand what it tries to do, but I can't help but feel it really doesn't make the content more accessible or more fun.

I believe WG will allow player 15 vs 15 in event CW. Unless it best way to earn FP when they are willing to get special prize.'

But now its testing to several clan to collect feedback. If they heard a positive way from feedback and they will releases 2.0 and deactivate 1.0 Global Map 1.0

I am sure for event CW they will use 1.0 Global Map. 

Edited by IanSanJr, Jul 08 2015 - 02:19.

Dirg #92 Posted Jul 08 2015 - 04:22

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26313 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I would like to point out with auctions no one can "lockdown" anything on the 2.0 maps.

MKA #93 Posted Jul 08 2015 - 05:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47433 battles

if  any dev, i see clans from t10Front Clans doing SH T8, maybe because SH T10 its like no one use it or They are not sufficient teams. Can the DEV made like  the T10 front can earn influence only by playing SH t10  and the T8 Front only play SHT8 to earn influence,so all the clans in T10 front can have a chance to make the influence that they need at their base.

Why i say this  because SH T8 earn 50 influence per win and SH T6 10 influences, so to make in T8 division, we would need 3-4 wins in SH T8 to make  one division(160Influence per one),   T10 front  would need 7-8 SH T8 battle to make ONE divition(350influence) and the T6 front only will need one T8SH and one T6. this is not balance this help more(farm) the t6 to keep their divisions and province more easly than T8 and T10. with this T10 front Clans can keep comfortable their divisions and provinces.

i just want to keep CW2.0 Balanced  and fair. this is just my opinion.

.sry, my english is my 3rd idiom...

Interesting suggestion. I will review this with the devs.

~vegan

Mac116 #94 Posted Jul 08 2015 - 05:40

Major

• Players
  • 30446 battles

View PostMKA, on Jul 07 2015 - 23:27, said:

if  any dev, i see clans from t10Front Clans doing SH T8, maybe because SH T10 its like no one use it or They are not sufficient teams. Can the DEV made like  the T10 front can earn influence only by playing SH t10  and the T8 Front only play SHT8 to earn influence,so all the clans in T10 front can have a chance to make the influence that they need at their base.

Why i say this  because SH T8 earn 50 influence per win and SH T6 10 influences, so to make in T8 division, we would need 3-4 wins in SH T8 to make  one division(160Influence per one),   T10 front  would need 7-8 SH T8 battle to make ONE divition(350influence) and the T6 front only will need one T8SH and one T6. this is not balance this help more(farm) the t6 to keep their divisions and province more easly than T8 and T10. with this T10 front Clans can keep comfortable their divisions and provinces.

i just want to keep CW2.0 Balanced  and fair. this is just my opinion.

.sry, my english is my 3rd idiom...

This is a good a post. The only issue might be lack of sever population.

MKA #95 Posted Jul 08 2015 - 05:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47433 battles

View PostMac116, on Jul 08 2015 - 05:40, said:

This is a good a post. The only issue might be lack of sever population.

population that play the CW or the entire server?

Mac116 #96 Posted Jul 08 2015 - 05:47

Major

• Players
  • 30446 battles

View PostMKA, on Jul 07 2015 - 23:45, said:

population that play the CW or the entire server?

In this case, the number of people doing the respective strongholds. A lot of people do strongholds to make additional credits. That's partially the reason why tier 10s aren't really used. So I'm not sure if tier 10 influence would breath life into it or not. 

MKA #97 Posted Jul 08 2015 - 06:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47433 battles

View PostMac116, on Jul 08 2015 - 05:47, said:

In this case, the number of people doing the respective strongholds. A lot of people do strongholds to make additional credits. That's partially the reason why tier 10s aren't really used. So I'm not sure if tier 10 influence would breath life into it or not. 

mmm.. True.

and

get the C.center to lvl 10 and the extra50%crd consumables es too hard or really doesnt help?

BoilerBandsman #98 Posted Jul 08 2015 - 07:20

Captain

• Players
  • 11429 battles

1. It takes WAY too much influence to function on the T10 map compared to SH income.  T8 is the highest SH tier that's populated regularly, and it takes at least an hour of Champ SHs to earn ONE division, and that's only if you win every fight.  Sustaining a serious war will require 2-4 divisions a night....4 hours of SHs in addition to an hour or more of CWs, every single night, is simply not reasonable to expect.  If anything, the need for influence grinding will enforce the stagnation more strictly than ever, because no one is willing to play hours of SHs to earn the right to spend hours on CW.

2. The auction system is ridiculously abusable right now.  There needs to be a cap on the number of auction attacks that a clan can receive and launch both, like there currently is on riots (3 if I remember right).  BUNNY put out 8 auctions tonight on the T6 map and mapped PUPEH at a stroke while taking 7 total provinces.  Even leaving out whether clans can field the simultaneous teams, it's crapthat so much can be wiped out so quickly.  It's also dumb that a clan can just reland on an entire farm without even going through landings like they do after campaigns in CW 1.0.  Also note that 3 of those provinces did not have a defending division because the influence costs are too high (it takes roughly an hour to grind out a T6 division at tier 6).

And for the crybabies, we'll be heading back to T10 soon, once some tanks unlock.  We're active in 1.0 as well (we fought VILIN tonight) and the locks/burnout are getting a little high.  We're not going to stay down here because it's simply not worth it from a gold standpoint when we can make gold in 8s or 10s. And oh btw, we're hitting RELSH tomorrow. Such seal clubbing...

Edited by BoilerBandsman, Jul 08 2015 - 07:24.

scharnhorst310 #99 Posted Jul 08 2015 - 18:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 24444 battles

They look at the map and it looks so easy for big clans; since they don't have a clue how cw works, the politics, etc. It looks like farming or collusion. 

This is a meritocracy, you get what you earn. You work hard, build the right way, take your lumps, get better, and work hard some more... eventually you can find your way to the dinner table like everyone else. If their argument was its too hard, the building process takes too long; i could absolutely sympathize. It is long, and it is grueling. 

Edited by scharnhorst310, Jul 08 2015 - 19:57.

PrototypeRewired #100 Posted Jul 08 2015 - 23:28

Major

• Players
  • 13420 battles

Hey guys I just realized that this is going to cause the spring up more more PUPEH type/style stronghold blocks. 

Picture it, a group of 6 or 8 clans all dropping at the same time, swapping wins with each other using "count in" style stronghold skirmishes to farm easier influence.

It's bad enough we already have clans structuring fixed strongholds battles for resources/cubes. Now were going to have to deal with pre-determined stronghold skirmishes as well.

I insist if you want people to actually fight WG, then you can mitigate the fixed battles by removeing the auctions and simply bring back the riot mechanics if anything. I mean, at some point you're going to have to face the fact that "You cannot stop gold farming".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users