• Please log in to reply
817 replies to this topic

PrototypeRewired #801 Posted Oct 02 2015 - 04:04

Major

• Players
  • 13409 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY

View PostSilvers_, on Oct 01 2015 - 12:02, said:

That was semi-tried before ask Pupeh how that went. Soon as everyone finds out about it you;ll have a bunch more clans playing in there as we are all after the same thing....Influence.......

It would be difficult thanks to the sheet scale of things, but it's possible.

To the people who think big alliances are broken.

Look down at the tier 6 map....do you see all those cyan clans near each other???? Guess what that is! It's the beginnings of what could be a new burning legion. Heck even GentCo, my community, picked blanda' up with CROW for even more zone control.

The only downside is they have a comcast employee in their clan who actually defends his company. "Data caps are going to be everywhere" good luck with that FCC investigation, you already got shut down once comcast....

( If you dont know what Blanda is then go read more polandball comics. )

Guest_Georgietheprincess_* #802 Posted Oct 02 2015 - 06:41

View PostLivewire70, on Sep 30 2015 - 22:04, said:

Time to expand.. We need more province opened. The new Global map is becoming the old clan war maps. Unless your a unicom clan forget tier X or VIII map unless you can get your clan to play at 5 pm which is unrealistic. Time zones are too small. Open it up.

The new map (At tier 10 at least) is becoming far more stagnant and inactive than the old map ever was. The old map essentially cycled between periods of peace and small scale wars that was occasionally interrupted (about once a year) by a large scale server war or a wg crapaign.

The problem with the old map was that there were few incentives to fight, meaning players (through ego/greed) or wg (through crapaigns) had to create reasons to fight, and while this didn't happen with an everyday frequency, it happened enough that the map remained fairly dynamic. However there were few reasons to not fight, so if players really wanted to, they could with few negative repercussions to themselves.

The problem with the new map is that there are actually reasons to not fight, parts of 2.0 that make it difficult or negatively impact those who try to start a fight. As a result not only is the map stagnant right now but it looks to remain stagnant for far greater periods if time than the 1.0 map ever was.

The problem is not the lack of territory (though I am certainly a supporter of shrinking the lower tiered maps to increase the size of the tier 10 map) the problem is the terrible new game mechanics introduced in 2.0 that actively punish players for fighting.

SlyGambit #803 Posted Oct 02 2015 - 15:58

Captain

• Players
  • 29137 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostGeorgietheprincess, on Oct 02 2015 - 00:41, said:

The problem is not the lack of territory (though I am certainly a supporter of shrinking the lower tiered maps to increase the size of the tier 10 map) the problem is the terrible new game mechanics introduced in 2.0 that actively punish players for fighting.

Its a combination of lack of territory, cost of ownership of territory, and a lack of security of territory.  They force better clans to expand their holdings because its not economical to improve their land with the direct cost of influence and in risk fo that influence being wasted to auction spam.   Clans that are capable of fighting at TX that are incapable or unwilling of grind the influence necessary to fight at TX are sequestered in the T8 map where the gold values aren't that far off and the influence required is significantly less.

Increase the amount territory.  Decrease the cost of owning territory.  Increase the security of territory.   Then you have a more viable CW.

Oh and stop tying ELO to the allowable level of territories.  It's stupid.

PS.  Nice of WG to introduce a CW mini-campaign before taking even a single step towards fixing this #$&*($ crap.  Thanks Obama.

MacGG #804 Posted Oct 02 2015 - 16:21

Captain

• Players
  • 18073 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

Two easy fixes to vastly improve Clan Wars 2.0:

1. Increase auction costs by a factor of 5. Right now, if we wanted, we could easily land on 20 tier 10 provinces simultaneously. That's way too much landing for way too little influence. Landholding clans should not be losing territory because they have to correctly guess which of 5/10/15 simultaneous battles they have to show up to. 

2. Remove ELO rating from province improvement. The influence costs of improving a province to level 10 are already exorbitant enough. There is no need to add another restriction on top of the influence restriction, especially when the ELO is nearly impossible to improve up to 1800. I thought the idea behind province improvement was to help out the smaller clans who want less land that they could make more valuable. With the ELO tied to that, we're making it so that those small clans are locked out of tier 10 province improvement. 

Hans_von_Twitchy #805 Posted Oct 03 2015 - 07:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 40068 battles
  • [FUWG] FUWG

I fervently agree with the intent of point 1 above, because it is absolutely friggin ridiculous that a clan can have everyone single one of its provinces dropped-on, day after day, by clans who have no intention of creating and holding a territory; they're just nuking on-map players out of petty jealousy or the desire to be griefers. The geographical and chronological intensity of off-map nuking gives off-map clans far more control over the game than on-map clans have, and that's just absurd!

There are many possible ways to dilute the geographic and/or chronological intensity. My favorite suggestion is that once a clan has dropped on another clan's province once, the attacking clan may not drop on the targeted clan ever again! (Optional Rule 1: the "ever again" could be replaced with "within 30 days". Optional Rule 2: "Attacks on Drop Zones do not create a new restriction, nor are prohibited by an existing restriction." ).  I believe this idea is superior to just making drops far more expensive.

Edited by Hans_von_Twitchy, Oct 03 2015 - 07:25.

Tolos #806 Posted Oct 03 2015 - 07:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF
Easy fix, go back to 2012 CW wars mechanics, THEY actually promoted fighting. oH and the NA devs need to grow a set and say " what works for the EU/RU servers, will not work on the NA server ". 

_Marine #807 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 14:06

Major

• Players
  • 29064 battles

Whats that old, old expression... Oh yes, out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Thats CW2.0. Between seasons, map wipes, influence, stronghold grinding, you're killing off the top-end CW clans. The casuals will be fine. But the core of what drives CW is dying and fading

Yankee #808 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 14:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 36925 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
With seasons it's nothing less than retarded to spend influence on upgrading income, only to have it wiped out every 30-60 days. You don't own anything anymore, your simply renting it, and paying for that by grinding strongholds. It is like paying good money to customize a leased car.

_Marine #809 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 14:27

Major

• Players
  • 29064 battles

All they had to do to improve the NA map was do away with maintenance cost, and the CW map was improved by 50%. 

That's it.

Allu_o7o7o7 #810 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 21:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 20477 battles

View PostSilvers_, on Oct 02 2015 - 05:02, said:

That was semi-tried before ask Pupeh how that went. Soon as everyone finds out about it you;ll have a bunch more clans playing in there as we are all after the same thing....Influence.......

pupeh did it on the west coast.

this is why west coast strongholds are now permanently disabled.

View PostTolos, on Oct 03 2015 - 18:29, said:

Easy fix, go back to 2012 CW wars mechanics, THEY actually promoted fighting. oH and the NA devs need to grow a set and say " what works for the EU/RU servers, will not work on the NA server ". 

but EU/RU absolutely hate cw2 too.... cw2 doesn't work anywhere.

IanSanJr #811 Posted Oct 19 2015 - 10:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 63546 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostAdmiralMacG, on Oct 02 2015 - 23:21, said:

2. Remove ELO rating from province improvement.

oh... baby

ohhhh babbbyyyyy...!

when its gonna remove?

ELO is cancer and killed everyone in clan and spend too much time to play world of tanks.

that not good idea, they(wargamming) want us to play world of tank for 1year -> 5years++.

ELO + 300point (during  5years)? (pretty sure, you fight new clan and get 20point, when your clan ELO is higher and you will get small portion from enemy clan +1 and enemy clan beat your, your clan will lose -20point)

ELO is cancer and mechanic Clan wars is totally dissatisfy....!

ArchieGriffs #812 Posted Oct 23 2015 - 06:48

Captain

• Players
  • 18352 battles

As someone who has come back after a year or so of inactivity, this CW 2.0 update is really disappointing. I was considering joining a clan again, making some new friends, and having some gudfites, fighting legitimately good players and feel like I'm actually apart of a clan wars map that there's any point to. Now you have to grind strongholds just to take territories? Why make the end-game participation based... that's never worked in any game ever. Yes technically you still have to have skill to take and keep territories, but now there's the extra layer of grinding on top of it. i really enjoyed logging on, playing some CW, and then platooning with clan mates afterwards, spending around 2 hours total playing, now I'd have to play around 4 hours? Why make the game feel like a grind, this game is worth so much more when it doesn't feel like a chore, or a job to get any sort of achievement out of it.

All I can really say after reading about the changes that have taken place, I have no interest in continuing to play this game competitively, I'm only ever going to occasionally log on, play a few pubs and log off, not spend any money, invest any time on the forums, in clans, with friends I can make... Really just all around disappointing.

Eddie_Benz #813 Posted Oct 23 2015 - 08:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46058 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
WG has turned into UN. May there be peace in the world. :trollface:

poppa_2014 #814 Posted Oct 23 2015 - 18:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26579 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostArchieGriffs, on Oct 23 2015 - 00:48, said:

As someone who has come back after a year or so of inactivity, this CW 2.0 update is really disappointing. I was considering joining a clan again, making some new friends, and having some gudfites, fighting legitimately good players and feel like I'm actually apart of a clan wars map that there's any point to. Now you have to grind strongholds just to take territories? Why make the end-game participation based... that's never worked in any game ever. Yes technically you still have to have skill to take and keep territories, but now there's the extra layer of grinding on top of it. i really enjoyed logging on, playing some CW, and then platooning with clan mates afterwards, spending around 2 hours total playing, now I'd have to play around 4 hours? Why make the game feel like a grind, this game is worth so much more when it doesn't feel like a chore, or a job to get any sort of achievement out of it.

All I can really say after reading about the changed that has taken place, I have no interest in continuing to play this game competitively, I'm only ever going to occasionally log on, play a few pubs and log off, not spend any money, invest any time on the forums, in clans, with friends I can make... Really just all around disappointing.

Hey if ya want check out DROID, we are a competitive "older" crowd and still have alot of fun, very active in CW's and stronks are fun and a chance for new callers to show there stuff. Our TS: droids.ts.nfoservers.com

SlyGambit #815 Posted Oct 25 2015 - 19:56

Captain

• Players
  • 29137 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View Postpoppa_2014, on Oct 23 2015 - 12:33, said:

Hey if ya want check out DROID, we are a competitive "older" crowd and still have alot of fun, very active in CW's and stronks are fun and a chance for new callers to show there stuff. Our TS: droids.ts.nfoservers.com

Are you kidding me? Did you just try to recruit someone in a 2.0 thread complaining about clan wars 2.0? How desperate are you to get anybody to join your clan?  

Just awful. 

ArchieGriffs #816 Posted Oct 29 2015 - 01:49

Captain

• Players
  • 18352 battles

View PostSlyGambit, on Oct 25 2015 - 11:56, said:

Are you kidding me? Did you just try to recruit someone in a 2.0 thread complaining about clan wars 2.0? How desperate are you to get anybody to join your clan?  

Just awful. 

Especially when I said I had no interest in playing the game competitively anymore.. it's like he didn't even read what I wrote.

IanSanJr #817 Posted Jan 28 2016 - 01:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 63546 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

Each server have their own system,

while in EU is most easiest way to grind ELO in CW2.0 like defending Landing Zone or Raid but influence is greatly expensive and require more influence through Skirmish or Raid SH.

Influence seem [edited]...!

Posted Image

But NA server is completely non-sense in everything about GM2.0

ELO is not about easy way to earn to make better clan. Like newbie clan is born and trying to participate CW lose ELO to opponent.

ELO is problem mathematical error?

Influence is scary and [edited]...

Posted Image

I could say, CW2.0 is DEAD FOR US....! Everyone have feedback about CW2.0 is worse than CW1.0.

Choose which one is the worse ever in this world? President or Airlines

yewchung #818 Posted Jul 26 2018 - 18:12

Major

• Players
  • 22483 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI
How far away are we from Global map 3.0? The current one is pretty stale.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users