Global Map 2.0 FAQs [Update 8/5]

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

veganzombiez #1 Posted Jun 24 2015 - 20:00

Production

• -Players-
  • 14320 battles

Greetings, players!

Welcome to the Global Map 2.0 Open Beta test.

This thread will serve as a question and answer hub for the Global Map 2.0 Open Beta test.  This post will be updated to show the answers to your questions.

Let us know your thoughts and feedback on Global Map 2.0 here.

Update log

1) What's different about Global Map 2.0?

There's quite a few differences between the current Global Map and Global Map 2.0. Here are some examples:

• More provinces;
  • Another way to get on the map;
  • Fronts are restricted by vehicle tier;
  • Chips are replaced by Divisions;
  • A new currency: Influence;

For more details, including how to earn and spend Influence, check out the original Global Map 2.0 First Details article.

2) When does the Open Beta test start?

July 1, 2015 1630 UTC (0930 PT / 1230 ET / 1330 BRT)

3) Where is the Map?

A link to the map will be provided shortly before the test begins.

You can play on the Global Map 2.0 here: https://na.wargaming.net/globalmap/

The full guide is here: http://worldoftanks.com/en/content/global_map_guide/clan/

4) Can I play on the test map and the current map at the same time?

Yes, you can!

5) My clan's already earned some Influence in Stronghold Skirmishes. Will it carry over to the Open Beta?

Yes, any Influence you earn during Stronghold Skirmishes now will be usable during the Open Beta test.  Clans began earning Influence through Skirmishes on June 23.

6) Will the Influence earned in the Open Beta carry over to the live map?

Awaiting official word on this. There is a possibility that Influence will roll over, but I would not plan for it, just to be safe.

It will be reset to 1,000.

7) Will Tank Locking come into play either for Beta/Live in CW2.0?

Tank locking is still enabled, but the feature itself is being reviewed.

8) Will current system where scouts don't have any tier penalties continue for CW 2.0? Tier 6 scouts will be allowed in Tier 6 CW and Tier 8 will be allowed in Tier 8 CW?

Yes, Fronts are separated by Vehicle Tier, not Battle Tier.

9) Are all matches 15v15 regardless of tier?

No, as shown in the image on the Open Beta announcement, number of tanks per Division is restricted based on the Front's Tier.

10) Are you allowed to play in multiple fronts?

Yes, it is possible to switch between Fronts through landing tournaments or Auctions, but you may only place your HQ on one Front.

11) Will there be an equivalent to the TX Artic Circle or is WG going to effectively limit the availability of the TX fronts to higher skilled clans?

If, during the Global Map 2.0 Open Beta, you feel there is a need to further separate the Fronts, that is feedback that you'll want to provide.  The final total of provinces on the live map, once it launches, may change based on feedback from the Open Beta test.

12) Will you be able to earn Gold on both the standard and Open Beta map2

Yes.  Also, the current province income on the Open Beta map may not be the final values when GM2.0 goes live.

13) How do I see how much Influence my Clan has?

It is shown on the Clan panel on the Global Map.

14) After upgrading a province, what happens if I lose the province?

The province drops by one level of upgrade.

15) Is there ransacking/Espionage in Global Map 2.0?

Ransacking and Espionage will be replaced in Global Map 2.0.  More details will come in a later guide.

16) Are there still riots?

With the addition of Auctions, riots are likely unnecessary.

17) How does the HQ work now?

Provinces still need to be connected to the HQ to earn Gold.

18) Do we need to download a test client to participate?

Nope, battles will be played in the current World of Tanks client.

19) So there is a mix of east and west server provs all over the front, is this for testing only or will this be a permanent feature to make west coast players happy?

We are testing this for now, and it will be under consideration for the future.

19a.) So what servers will Clan Wars battles be played on?

Battles for a province will be played on the server that is listed in the Province Info table.

20) Is this the currently planned number of provinces when 2.0 goes live or is this a significantly smaller amount just for beta?

"What is this, a map for ants?"

This is just a test map, and the values are not final for when Global Map 2.0 officially launches.

21) What's the difference between provinces that have a bullseye on them and ones that don't?

Provinces with a target/bullseye are Landing provinces.

22) When are preliminary bids reviewed for Auctions?

Number of preliminary result calculations 3
Time of preliminary result calculations #  Time

10 hours before Prime Time

8 hours before Prime Time

5 hours before Prime Time

Time of final result calculations 1 hour before Prime Time

Full GM2.0 Open Beta guide here.

23) Will there be a way to track how much influence each clan member earns?

I'll ask for confirmation.

24) I can't attack an adjacent province even though there's nothing that blocks my path. Is this a bug?

Some borders between provinces of the same Front can be closed. A clan cannot cross a closed border.

More details can be found on the full guide here.

25) Are there Encounter battles in GM2.0?

No, only Regular, Auction, and Landing battles.  More details are in the guide.

26)  How does a clan assign who gets to use the airstrike or artillery barrage.  The rules say that highest priority player on the team except for combat officers.  They also say that DepComms have the ability to manually assign priority.  How does this work?

In the top left corner of the map, you'll see a button with gears. Click this to go to the Settings menu.

Click "Establish Priority" to swap between automatic or manual priority for consumables.

27)  What level are the airstrike and arty barrage at?  Is it the same for everyone or are they determined by your stronghold level?  Did not see this in the rules.

Consumables on the Global Map 2.0 should be the same level for everybody.  I will confirm if this will change in the live release.

28) Our Combat Reserves aren't appearing in battle. Is this a bug?

Combat Reserves do not appear on Landing Provinces.

If your Combat Reserves aren't showing up in battle (after 9.9), please send in a ticket to Clan Management with the following info:

1. Province/Date of battle/time;
  2. Screenshot of your division showing the equipped consumables;

3a. Screenshot/replay from the highest ranked player in the battle demonstrating that he has no Combat Reserves available;

AND

3b. Screenshot/replay from the Combat Officer in the battle demonstrating that he has no Combat Reserves available (if there was also a Combat Officer in the battle).

29) Some scheduled battles haven't popped for us. Is this a bug?

Yes, confirmed.

If your Special Battle didn't pop and you lost a province, please send in a ticket to Clan Management with the following info:

1. Province/Date of lost province/time;
  2. Clan who took the province;
  3. Screenshot of your Battle Log from the GM2.0 (including your Windows Taskbar showing your actual time);

30) When does Global Map 2.0 launch?

There is no official date yet.  Once the New Global Map is ready to go live, it will be announced on the NA Portal.

31) Will Clan Tasks be available with Global Map 2.0 launch?

From my understanding, yes. Due to the Seasons format, the functionality may have slight differences.

32) Since GM1 is closing on August 6, will the beta map be expanded?

Activity on the beta map will be reviewed, and provinces will be added as needed.

33) Will the live New Global Map be bigger than the beta map?  How much bigger?

Yes.  Unfortunately, I cannot provide any official information on the size of the live map.

34) Will there be more gold on the live New Global Map than on the beta map?  How much more gold?

Yes.  Unfortunately, I cannot provide any official information on the gold value of the live map.

DMan360 #2 Posted Jun 25 2015 - 03:47

Captain

• Players
  • 20594 battles

What people really want to know:

Will the battles count towards your overall statistics or will they be in a separate category like strongholds or team battles?

SlyGambit #3 Posted Jun 25 2015 - 14:58

Captain

• Players
  • 29954 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

1) Are all matches 15v15 regardless of tier?

2) Are you allowed to play in multiple fronts?

3) Are the influence points being earned now going to carry over to CW 2.0 when the 'beta' test completes or will influence be reset to 0?

4) Will there be an equivalent to the TX Artic Circle or is WG going to effectively limit the availability of the TX fronts to higher skilled clans?  In other words will only the best of the best be allowed to survive on the TX front or will it be diverse enough, in terms of gold/influence values, to allow room for lesser skilled clans to compete against each other in TX?  Since WGNA controls the size of the map I'm hoping there is enough leeway in that expansion to allow smaller/lesser skilled clans to still engage in TX combat against similar skilled clans for appropriate rewards.

SevenOverSeven #4 Posted Jun 25 2015 - 16:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14023 battles
  • [M0] M0
Cool!

Rabbit #5 Posted Jun 25 2015 - 17:40

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 10953 battles
  • [RDTT2] RDTT2

1) Will Tank Locking come into play either for Beta/Live in CW2.0?

2) Will current system where scouts don't have any tier penalties continue for CW 2.0? Tier 6 scouts will be allowed in Tier 6 CW and Tier 8 will be allowed in Tier 8 CW?

PrototypeRewired #6 Posted Jun 25 2015 - 22:23

Major

• Players
  • 13420 battles

Can we get something with the battles taking place ( not poping waiting on countdown ) at like 7pm EST? Or 7:30 pm EST?

Us second shift workers can't do really anything map or tourney wise cause it's all for 1st or 3rd shift players.

Edited by PrototypePegasus, Jun 25 2015 - 22:23.

TrailstormRadeem #7 Posted Jun 25 2015 - 23:46

Private

• Players
  • 4046 battles
  • [U-_-U] U-_-U
  1. Are there still riots?
  2. How does the HQ work  now? You can influence to get very disconnected territories....

ManimalGames #8 Posted Jun 26 2015 - 00:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12421 battles

Do you need to download the test patch to participate in this map test?

themusgrat #9 Posted Jun 26 2015 - 11:53

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 29536 battles
  • [LARRY] LARRY

All we really needed to know is that we can get gold on both maps. Thanks.

That said, there are still a lot of questions about the new map, but I guess trial and error is the best way, right? There's no way in the world that we could have documentation on what happens and why. We're free to find out for ourselves in this new sandbox of a map! How exciting!

What is really interesting is that any clan can apparently apply to attack any province, no matter where it is located, truly taking away the significance of the map entirely. What a great thing, where every province is a potential landing zone, complete with a tournament that might push you back into the far reaches of the night. What a great option to, for the first time, make the map accessible to new clans. If you can stay up later than a veteran clan, you too, can have gold!

Edited by themusgrat, Jun 26 2015 - 11:54.

BladedPheonix #10 Posted Jun 26 2015 - 15:08

Major

• Players
  • 43264 battles
  • [KKREW] KKREW
About time they gave CWs a face lift, lets just hope they don't screw it up though. :bajan:

EliteSwatTeam #11 Posted Jun 26 2015 - 19:53

Captain

• Players
  • 57436 battles
  • [2-TUF] 2-TUF

This looks promising, time to gear up.

[2NDIV] Commander EliteSwatTeam 

TrailstormRadeem #12 Posted Jun 26 2015 - 23:02

Private

• Players
  • 4046 battles
  • [U-_-U] U-_-U

View Postthemusgrat, on Jun 26 2015 - 10:53, said:

What is really interesting is that any clan can apparently apply to attack any province, no matter where it is located, truly taking away the significance of the map entirely. What a great thing, where every province is a potential landing zone, complete with a tournament that might push you back into the far reaches of the night. What a great option to, for the first time, make the map accessible to new clans. If you can stay up later than a veteran clan, you too, can have gold!

I was a bit alarmed at first because of the change, and its possibility to remove meaningfulness of adjacency and the map in general. But observe the FAQ answer to the question, "How does the HQ work now?"

Provinces still need to be connected to the HQ to earn Gold.

So now there will be some crazy stuff like...

• clans influence-bombing a chain to block an opposing clan's connections to the HQ
  • clans targeting weak territory by influence-blasting into the zone, then shifting their HQ

Not sure if it will be better gameplay - but its certainly interesting...

_Anansai_ #13 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 23:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 15261 battles

Will clans earn gold in the beta test

midyir #14 Posted Jul 01 2015 - 17:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 28053 battles
I am looking at the Argentinian front, tier 6, 2000 prime time, and there seems to be random provs, isolated in the middle, that are 'Server NA West' rather than 'Server NA East'; all the other provs around them are east, why these random provs west server? Hucal and General Daniel Cerri for example.

midyir #15 Posted Jul 01 2015 - 17:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 28053 battles

So there is a mix of east and west server provs all over the front, is this for testing only or will this be a permanent feature to make west coast players happy?

Thank you for the quick answer!

I would prefer to not see east and west hosted provs mixed. When I land I would like to know that all the provs around me will be played on the same server, or that there is a clear line between east and west hosted provs, thanks.

Edited by midyir, Jul 01 2015 - 19:04.

SlyGambit #16 Posted Jul 01 2015 - 17:49

Captain

• Players
  • 29954 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

Is this the currently planned number of provinces when 2.0 goes live or is this a significantly smaller amount just for beta?  I count 14 TX 2100 ET provinces.  I've never counted how many are available on the NA server but it is several times more than that.

I understand you plan to adjust during Beta.  However the number at launch is incredibly small so I'm hopeful you can provide some kind of estimate of province distribution for live prior to actually going live.  The number of T6 and T8 provinces in comparison to TX are doing nothing to dispel my concern  that Wargaming is not expecting lesser skilled clans that can field full TX teams to have room to play TX.

If that is the direction that is very unfortunate.

callmesarge #17 Posted Jul 01 2015 - 22:51

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 31824 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
What server will the Clan War battles be played on?

wril #18 Posted Jul 01 2015 - 23:34

Major

• Players
  • 27807 battles

View Postcallmesarge, on Jul 01 2015 - 21:51, said:

What server will the Clan War battles be played on?

Westest

callmesarge #19 Posted Jul 02 2015 - 00:04

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 31824 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK

View Postwril, on Jul 01 2015 - 17:34, said:

Westest

Some of the territory descriptions are saying NA West. Most are saying NA East. est

NatalieMarsThePrincess #20 Posted Jul 02 2015 - 01:12

Captain

• Players
  • 21573 battles
  • [WOAH7] WOAH7
Will there be a way to track how much influence each clan member earns?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users