Jump to content


Big clans win everything every time whats the point


73 replies to this topic

HELIONIST #61 Posted Jul 01 2015 - 18:33

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13083 battles
  • 403
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    03-02-2014
dont trust this relic hackers they use cheats ;)

Armadaus_Baldwin #62 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 01:28

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 36289 battles
  • 248
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
  • Member since:
    09-06-2011
Have you ever played in a competitive sport and then gifted the tournament finale, simply because you "suck" and didn't earn your place?  No?  Well, that's how a lot of real life is... you have to earn your place.

Hellsfog #63 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 03:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 38278 battles
  • 6,823
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View PostArmadaus_Baldwin, on Aug 16 2016 - 19:28, said:

Have you ever played in a competitive sport and then gifted the tournament finale, simply because you "suck" and didn't earn your place?  No?  Well, that's how a lot of real life is... you have to earn your place.

 

Thanks for bringing a terrible, year-old thread back to life in order to give your cliched opinion.  

Edited by Hellsfog, Aug 17 2016 - 03:11.


Armadaus_Baldwin #64 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 03:55

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 36289 battles
  • 248
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
  • Member since:
    09-06-2011

View PostHellsfog, on Aug 17 2016 - 02:11, said:

 

Thanks for bringing a terrible, year-old thread back to life in order to give your cliched opinion.  

 

Shows you how dead this forum is eh?  fml

Archaic_One #65 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 16:28

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16478 battles
  • 582
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    08-06-2014

 

 



Feldmarschall_Ward #66 Posted Aug 18 2016 - 03:12

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 1522 battles
  • 142
  • Member since:
    06-14-2016

View PostArmadaus_Baldwin, on Aug 17 2016 - 03:55, said:

 

Shows you how dead this forum is eh?  fml

 

Alot of people are not posting anymore due to worrying about hurt feelings and being banned due to Buttercup needing a safe space. I suggest my little pony online game. And bigger clans will win more. Why? They tend to be more dedicated to game play and learning. Something the casual clans/gamers do not do. Hense all the reds that are in tier 6+ units. Just stands to reason they should win a higher average than others.

CaptCaveman60 #67 Posted Aug 21 2016 - 18:32

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 54497 battles
  • 112
  • [-FKS-] -FKS-
  • Member since:
    05-25-2011
I see by the response you B U T T Hurt at least 3 of the biggest NA clans, lmbo, i have been TK by 3 different players from the same clan 30 sec into the game they are amused by this, it's fun for them, i know one guy that was removed from a clan because he did not have the right "MODS".  i belive that if WG did away with outside mods things mite look a little different for some,  some players do have a talent for the game, and don't even use outside mods and have a great WN8, i would never try and say different.  For real did you expect a warm and fuzz from this.

CaptCaveman60 #68 Posted Aug 21 2016 - 18:45

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 54497 battles
  • 112
  • [-FKS-] -FKS-
  • Member since:
    05-25-2011

View PostRicox, on Jun 29 2015 - 13:01, said:

Consequences of American "everyone is a winner" education. Clan Wars is supposed to be the competitive end-game, it's supposed to be hard and you're supposed to compete against the best. You're basically complaining that better clans win all the time... because they're better. Next you'll be asking is baddie clans that lose 10-20 battles in a row to be granted a "participation award" - some low/medium value province on the map, right?

 

Good thing Wargaming doesn't fall for this. I don't see how it's competitive when baddies get to fight baddies and then get juicy gold provinces. If that were the case, most people would make a clan, fill it entirely with baddies and then sealclub the other baddie clans to gain free provinces on the map that earn gold for players that are absolutely terrible at the game and should not even be playing it competitively.

 

CS:GO, for example, doesn't organize special tournaments for handicapped Silvers with thousands of bucks in prizes so the bad players can also win something. Because that's not the point of tournaments. The point is not for everyone to be a winner. Their point is to show who's the absolutely best out of everyone. That's what Clan Wars seems to be based on - the best of the best in all of World of Tanks.

 

 

Who cares?

 

Again this annoying mentality of "everyone is a winner and everyone should be rewarded". If you can't fulfill mission conditions - well, sucks to be you, that's all there is to it, don't complain.

 

all this coming from someone in a country that has more and more so called athletes being suspended from there sports for PED's lol, yea its my country also, sucks to be us ,  not all can win and all should not get rewared for just showing up. 

datalink7 #69 Posted Aug 30 2016 - 02:24

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 21416 battles
  • 64
  • [DYNO] DYNO
  • Member since:
    07-10-2013

If you continue to practice as a clan, you can improve and get better.

 

Last Clan Wars (the one before this one that just ended) my was my clan's first real foray into the Clan Wars tournament scenes. We didn't do very well, but we also didn't know what we were doing. Showing up with IS6's and FCM 50t's (sub-optimal tanks) and not knowing great strats. We had 3 people get the tank, and only barely. In between, we decided we were going to encourage clan growth in this area. Got a bunch of people to get needed tanks (IS-3's, T32's, T-54 Lightweights, etc.) and got our callers a lot of practice. 

 

This time around, we had 10 people get the tank, and solidly. All were in the top 1k with a number that got as low as 200. This was the "A" team. Essentially, everyone who committed to playing got the tank (we only had basically one full team commit to every night). We ended up doing very well most of the time, even beating Top10 clans on occasion and even capturing a province from a Top10 clan (then they came right back the next day and took it back, but still :P)

 

Next time, our goal is to have two full teams and get both teams tanks.

 

Set achievable goals in between, like "get everyone into clan wars tanks." You can do things like inner clan tournaments. We set up 1v1 (and looking to do 3v3s) tournaments internal to the clan, and give gold/other prizes to the winners. We make the tournaments Clan Wars related. For instance, last 1v1 was IS-3s only, and you had to fire regular ammo. This made it so people ground out the IS-3 to participate, and then learned weak spots by only using regular ammo. Was a lot of fun too.



RingZero #70 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 23:56

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 21363 battles
  • 2,468
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    05-30-2014

View Postdatalink7, on Aug 30 2016 - 01:24, said:

If you continue to practice as a clan, you can improve and get better.

 

Last Clan Wars (the one before this one that just ended) my was my clan's first real foray into the Clan Wars tournament scenes. We didn't do very well, but we also didn't know what we were doing. Showing up with IS6's and FCM 50t's (sub-optimal tanks) and not knowing great strats. We had 3 people get the tank, and only barely. In between, we decided we were going to encourage clan growth in this area. Got a bunch of people to get needed tanks (IS-3's, T32's, T-54 Lightweights, etc.) and got our callers a lot of practice. 

 

This time around, we had 10 people get the tank, and solidly. All were in the top 1k with a number that got as low as 200. This was the "A" team. Essentially, everyone who committed to playing got the tank (we only had basically one full team commit to every night). We ended up doing very well most of the time, even beating Top10 clans on occasion and even capturing a province from a Top10 clan (then they came right back the next day and took it back, but still :P)

 

Next time, our goal is to have two full teams and get both teams tanks.

 

Set achievable goals in between, like "get everyone into clan wars tanks." You can do things like inner clan tournaments. We set up 1v1 (and looking to do 3v3s) tournaments internal to the clan, and give gold/other prizes to the winners. We make the tournaments Clan Wars related. For instance, last 1v1 was IS-3s only, and you had to fire regular ammo. This made it so people ground out the IS-3 to participate, and then learned weak spots by only using regular ammo. Was a lot of fun too.

 

I approve of this mans message.  



LeaveIT2Beaver #71 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 23:57

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 37373 battles
  • 9,959
  • [J4F] J4F
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
Cuz they play for fun?

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Oct 07 2016 - 23:58.


Yu86 #72 Posted Oct 24 2016 - 13:30

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17055 battles
  • 274
  • Member since:
    09-18-2012
Isn't there tier8 tourney for you?

lazyandlate #73 Posted Nov 06 2016 - 01:48

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 33458 battles
  • 35
  • [JFC] JFC
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011
such harshness...there are way to many things that can affect your gameplay (ping, wireless equipment, computer quality etc etc...)...the game is designed to keep you around a 50% win rate, THEREFORE offering you opportunities apparently you don't see for HUGE increases in various stats....for those of you claiming favoritism in the MM, you have to be kidding me, for one do you really think WG can program something like that with favoritism accuracy????? IMO nope...:)....and if these players you call stat padders are out padding their stats THE well hey, that means you to can do the same......however as an XO I would like to see different levels of competition in the tourneys and other CW events and leagues....not that we don't wanna challenge the super clans, its just they are pulling away farther and farther from everyone else, competition is fading and soon may be all super clans and other clans will fade...if that's what they want so be it, theres other games...but hope they would at least look into it....but afterall we all are discussing a game with a company who recently does seem to be more interested in profits then player feedback....but what do I know?...:)

Aseion #74 Posted Nov 21 2016 - 03:45

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 12998 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    12-30-2014

View PostCrucis, on Jun 28 2015 - 04:57, said:

 

Your analogy is extremely flawed.

 

For example, in college football, every single football-playing college doesn't play in Division I.  There are multiple divisions, for schools of various sizes.  In pro baseball, in addition to MLB, you have the minor leagues with at least 4 levels there that I recall (AAA, AA, high A, and low A).  And over in Europe, IIRC, there are different levels in their pro soccer leagues.

 

The fact of the matter is that other team sports DO make allowances for this stuff, and do create multiple divisions or leagues or whatever to accommodate teams of varying levels of talent.

 

If bad clans face equal clans, they should get lower rewards. Figure it this way. The average player in an amateur division earns a lower salary than the worst player in a pro division. Similar thing here, all people fighting for the same reward should be able to fight each other



Reply to this topic



  
For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users