73 replies to this topic

Crucis #41 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 05:48

Major

• Players
  • 31314 battles

View PostThe_DireWolf, on Jun 27 2015 - 23:16, said:

View PostCrucis, on Jun 28 2015 - 04:10, said:

Why?

Many other sports have different levels, different divisions for lesser teams.  Why can't lesser clans have a place to face similarly talented clans?

Are you so selfish and arrogant that you demand that no one but your top clans can get any rewards and to heII with anyone else getting to reach for the brass ring?

This selfish, arrogant, snotty attitude of yours is why many people really, really dislike players in top clans.

You did read my post I take it.

- clan wars is for everyone. I just said what you are ranting about? This is why 2.0 CW should be good? Yes?

- Compeditive play is already divided. Aka tournaments? Aka the best of the best win?

The difference between CW and competitive play^

Some of you need to take reading comprehension classes, I mean really...

Depends on whether or not the top clans can go seal clubbing down in what should be lower divisions for lesser clans, just because they think that they can seal club their way to easy gold.

As for reading comprehension, maybe you should take some typing or spelling classes.  The word is "competitive", not "compeditive".  Pot, meet kettle.

Crucis #42 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 08:06

Major

• Players
  • 31314 battles

View PostThe_DireWolf, on Jun 27 2015 - 23:58, said:

View PostCrucis, on Jun 28 2015 - 04:48, said:

Depends on whether or not the top clans can go seal clubbing down in what should be lower divisions for lesser clans, just because they think that they can seal club their way to easy gold.

As for reading comprehension, maybe you should take some typing or spelling classes.  The word is "competitive", not "compeditive".  Pot, meet kettle.

I probably should, my typing is terrible.

And clans should be allowed to fight wherever, regardless of tier. You are just spouting entitlement and coddle rubbish.

That's a bunch of rampant nonsense.  I suppose that division 2 or 3 college football is "entitlement and coddle rubbish"?  Or minor league baseball being nothing but entitlement rubbish?  Get a freaking clue!!!

mereelskirata #43 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 10:14

Major

• Players
  • 50667 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

Honestly I don't see a problem with league style CW, like a kiddie pool. However I don't think WG should just start handing out gold to everyone just because they feel they deserve it.

Also the reason why "big clans" always win is because they have the most skill.

map381 #44 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 12:00

Captain

• Players
  • 19140 battles
  • [REL_3] REL_3

View PostMerkle_PRO, on Jun 28 2015 - 04:14, said:

Also the reason why "big clans" always win is because they have the most skill. ability to breathe through their nose.

CaliburnsVirtue #45 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 12:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37083 battles
  • [WOAH7] WOAH7

First life is not fair, that is one of those lessons you have to learn. There will always be someone better than you.Now for the topic, top clans simply have more experience in competitive play. The staple I've found to allow a lesser clan to compete is 1 to 2 good caller, someone willing to go and teach CW vs pub play and that's it. LOAC was a clan that had 2 good callers and server average guy that were willing to listen to orders and focus fire. We were able to beat top tier clans in tier 8 stronks and farmed well in tier 6.

As for CW, wargaming is putting out CW 2.0(Tier 6, 8, and 10). top CW focused will aim for tier 10 given the high gold/land. Tourny/wglna/league Will focus tier 8. Finally, tier 6 is going to be the lowest gold/land. So top clans will probably not there. As for little and major league comment, there's open league , bronze league, silver league for tier 8 wglna teams. It already exists, main thing is whether you want to get on better teams.

Edited by grim952, Jun 28 2015 - 12:00.

CaliburnsVirtue #46 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 12:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37083 battles
  • [WOAH7] WOAH7
Can someone link some guides for tier 6 stronghold calling, lert's guide on focus fire, peepers guide to team battles for general idea in tier 8 stronks and a relatively decent guide to calling.  phone can't copy paste ;-;

Canoodian #47 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 12:50

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 42933 battles

View Postdanredda1616, on Jun 27 2015 - 22:35, said:

It's not clan "Wars" if you don't have to earn what you get...

The top clans don't become top clans overnight. It is a lengthy process involving good play, respect, diplomacy etc.

Everything else said here is fine but "respect" Lol.

wh1skybarrel #48 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 13:24

Major

• Players
  • 21454 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

The natural progression is to start off in a "small/bad" clan and move your way up as you improve and learn the game.

Why don't you just do that, as that is what most others had to do.

Or do you simply just want something for nothing?  Only you can better yourself.  Life lessons here!  

Edited by wh1skybarrel, Jun 28 2015 - 13:27.

Hellsfog #49 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 16:59

Major

• Players
  • 38278 battles

View PostVonBrandt, on Jun 27 2015 - 21:51, said:

Yep as usual.  Nothing better to say than get better.  Look at my stats I am getting better.  I'm not great and i know that.  But my win rate will never go up cause of the MM stacking.  So you all can just keep drinking your kool aid and think how awesome you are cause MM continues to stack games in your favor.

You realize that everyone plays under the same match making, right?  Your post is not only inaccurate and silly but it keeps you from seeing and addressing the reasons why you don't do as well. As long as you blame MM, rng, gold rounds and hacks, you will never improve.

Let's do a little experiment. Why don't you try to get into a team battle with players from a good clan and experience how they see the game. 

BigLugNuts #50 Posted Jun 28 2015 - 17:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 63152 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG

View PostCrucis, on Jun 27 2015 - 19:57, said:

Your analogy is extremely flawed.

For example, in college football, every single football-playing college doesn't play in Division I.  There are multiple divisions, for schools of various sizes.  In pro baseball, in addition to MLB, you have the minor leagues with at least 4 levels there that I recall (AAA, AA, high A, and low A).  And over in Europe, IIRC, there are different levels in their pro soccer leagues.

The fact of the matter is that other team sports DO make allowances for this stuff, and do create multiple divisions or leagues or whatever to accommodate teams of varying levels of talent.e

View PostCrucis, on Jun 27 2015 - 20:10, said:

Why?

Many other sports have different levels, different divisions for lesser teams.  Why can't lesser clans have a place to face similarly talented clans?

Are you so selfish and arrogant that you demand that no one but your top clans can get any rewards and to heII with anyone else getting to reach for the brass ring?

This selfish, arrogant, snotty attitude of yours is why many people really, really dislike players in top clans.

The problem with your analogy is that most of the people who are complaining are playing beer leagues, not anywhere near pro or semi-pro.  I play beer league hockey.  I certainly don't think I'm going to win the Stanley Cup, Calder Cup, Memorial Cup, World Championship, Olympic medal, etc. in my lifetime. and I'm certainly not going to complain that I don't have the opportunity to do so, either.

VonBrandt #51 Posted Jun 29 2015 - 01:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19163 battles

View Post_Koiboy, on Jun 27 2015 - 22:48, said:

Top clans are top because their players are good.

So If you want to get a reward tank

1. Get acceptable stats for a clan that has a reasonable chance at a reward.

2. join a top clan

3. work your [edited]off in a campaign

4. ?????

5. profit

Its not complicated really...

Put in the effort: reap the reward.

Not everyone can spend hours a day every day of the week playing a game because we have things called lives.  Besides I did a campaign once and finished in the top 3000 as was stated.  Then WG gave the reward tank to every member of a clan that finished higher even if a person in that clan didn't fight one single battle in the campaign.  So yes WG caters to the top clans.  Yes MM stacks the blue/purple players on one team to give them a more favorable chance to win. Yes WG favors these unicum players and always will.  So even as I continue to improve, how am I supposed to get on these better clans when they are already filled with good players.  And thanks for all the crap "get better" answers that you will give.  They do nothing to make the player base better and more fun to play.

Tolos #52 Posted Jun 29 2015 - 01:36

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostVonBrandt, on Jun 29 2015 - 00:32, said:

Not everyone can spend hours a day every day of the week playing a game because we have things called lives.  Besides I did a campaign once and finished in the top 3000 as was stated.  Then WG gave the reward tank to every member of a clan that finished higher even if a person in that clan didn't fight one single battle in the campaign.  So yes WG caters to the top clans.  Yes MM stacks the blue/purple players on one team to give them a more favorable chance to win. Yes WG favors these unicum players and always will.  So even as I continue to improve, how am I supposed to get on these better clans when they are already filled with good players.  And thanks for all the crap "get better" answers that you will give.  They do nothing to make the player base better and more fun to play.

The amount of wrong in this post is truly staggering. You have used EVERY excuse in the book, if you spent half as much time learning the game, as you do bleating on about how unfair it is, you would be good enough to get into one of the time clans. 

Sorry, but If i'm better than you at something I deserve to be rewarded for it, if you suck at something, you dont. 

Edited by Tolos, Jun 29 2015 - 01:37.

VonBrandt #53 Posted Jun 29 2015 - 01:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19163 battles

View PostHellsfog, on Jun 28 2015 - 10:59, said:

You realize that everyone plays under the same match making, right?  Your post is not only inaccurate and silly but it keeps you from seeing and addressing the reasons why you don't do as well. As long as you blame MM, rng, gold rounds and hacks, you will never improve.

Let's do a little experiment. Why don't you try to get into a team battle with players from a good clan and experience how they see the game. 

Is that an invite?

VonBrandt #54 Posted Jun 29 2015 - 01:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19163 battles

View PostTolos, on Jun 28 2015 - 19:36, said:

The amount of wrong in this post is truly staggering. You have used EVERY excuse in the book, if you spent half as much time learning the game, as you do bleating on about how unfair it is, you would be good enough to get into one of the time clans. 

Sorry, but If i'm better than you at something I deserve to be rewarded for it, if you suck at something, you dont. 

This again is an example of someone that doesn't even get my point.  I am working at getting better. Look at my recent vs my overall, 300+ points better.  I honestly don't care about the tank from the campaign cause you never see it out anyways because no one likes it.  I was just making a point to say I worked my [edited]off in that campaign finished where I needed to and still was denied in favor of players that never participated in the campaign.  Now I play my [edited]off in pub matches.  Most of my games are blue WN8 rated games (2k - 2.5k damage), a few purple and a few green, yellow or red.  As I'm sure even the unicums get once in awhile.  But the "random" MM doesn't exist.  When I see most of my game (and I only find out after the battle cause I don't want to know during) are 45%, 40%, or even less chance to win cause teams are constantly stacked, then yes something is flawed.  If that wasn't the case you wouldn't see so many threads about this.  The mass of the player base is really getting tired of this game.  So the only way you all will have to play is clan wars cause there won't be enough pubs to run pub matches  You will never understand this though because I'm sure your almost always on the team with all the good players.  So again thanks for not offering any real advise other then "get better!!!!!"

Silvers_ #55 Posted Jun 29 2015 - 01:56

Major

• Players
  • 49446 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

So what you are saying is that WG is out to screw over the middle road/poor players by lumping the better players on one side? Dear lord do you even hear yourself talk?

MM is random, there is no favoring anyone in this game what looks like favoring is the better players/clans just doing what they do...Be better than you. You are what is wrong with this generation. You want everything handed to you on a silver platter. You want "even teams" or to be able to beat up on crap players so you can feel good about yourself. You want what others have then work for it.

How do you think people got to be blue/purple? You think WG just went I like that persons name....Hey Ivan lets make sure they get ultra special MM, the Best teams, Lets make sure they have the best possible RNG and get into the top clan on the servers....

Edited by Silvers_, Jun 29 2015 - 01:57.

map381 #56 Posted Jun 29 2015 - 02:11

Captain

• Players
  • 19140 battles
  • [REL_3] REL_3

View PostVonBrandt, on Jun 28 2015 - 19:32, said:

Not everyone can spend hours a day every day of the week playing a game because we have things called lives. 

I have a 3 year old.  And I get up for work at 230am EST time.  And I still got the reward tank through my own play.  So there goes your excuse

Hellsfog #57 Posted Jun 29 2015 - 03:47

Major

• Players
  • 38278 battles

View PostVonBrandt, on Jun 28 2015 - 19:38, said:

Is that an invite?

Yeah it is.  If we are running a team battle, we'll invite.  If you are, I'd come along.

Bavor #58 Posted Jun 29 2015 - 08:04

Major

• Players
  • 34064 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostVonBrandt, on Jun 27 2015 - 21:51, said:

Yep as usual.  Nothing better to say than get better.  Look at my stats I am getting better.  I'm not great and i know that.  But my win rate will never go up cause of the MM stacking.  So you all can just keep drinking your kool aid and think how awesome you are cause MM continues to stack games in your favor.

Sorry, matchmaking stacking isn't keeping you down.  Try reading these:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/444645-study-of-1800-battles-xvm-wins-weekends-and-other-things/

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/420470-analysis-of-2115-solo-pub-battles-and-the-xvm-chance-to-win/

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/174317-1000-games-with-xvm/

Everyone gets the same matchmaking over the long term and your overall XVM chance to win is dependent on your individual skill.  Three people have recorded and analyzed thousands of battles and came to the same conclusion.

Bavor #59 Posted Jun 29 2015 - 08:22

Major

• Players
  • 34064 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostVonBrandt, on Jun 28 2015 - 19:32, said:

Not everyone can spend hours a day every day of the week playing a game because we have things called lives.  

I worked 12+ hour shifts many days of the last clan wars campaign and still only managed to miss out on battles one night.  What's your excuse for not showing up to battles to try to win the tank?

Block Quote

Besides I did a campaign once and finished in the top 3000 as was stated.  Then WG gave the reward tank to every member of a clan that finished higher even if a person in that clan didn't fight one single battle in the campaign.   So yes WG caters to the top clans. 

Top clans get rewarded because their members work together, have better skill, and have more experienced callers(which they are able to recruit or train).  Overall they are rewarded because they are better.  There is no catering to top clans.  Top clans do better because their members have more skill in the game.  You have more skill, you win more, you get more prizes.  Its that simple.

Block Quote

Yes MM stacks the blue/purple players on one team to give them a more favorable chance to win. Yes WG favors these unicum players and always will.  So even as I continue to improve, how am I supposed to get on these better clans when they are already filled with good players.  And thanks for all the crap "get better" answers that you will give.  They do nothing to make the player base better and more fun to play.

There is no matchmaking stacking.  Multiple people have confirmed that.  I'm sure your win rate will go up when you get someone better than you to look at your replays and also when you look at your replays.  You will see mistakes you made and areas where you can improve.

When you improve you'll get into better clans.  My first clan would accept anyone with a tier 5 tank and 700 battles who wasn't too obnoxious.  I later on went to training clans to improve my skills and get more clan wars experience.  Then I went to a semi experienced clan wars clan to get more experience with clan wars.  I joined my current clan 5 or 6 weeks ago because I wanted to play with better players, learn how better players play the game, and learn how they run clan wars at a higher level.  In the end I was rewarded with a new IS-5 in my garage because my clan members and I did well in a clan wars campaign.  If I didn't improve my skill, I never would have received the IS-5.  You can do the same if you take responsibility for your own actions and your own game play.

Ricox #60 Posted Jun 29 2015 - 13:01

Major

• Players
  • 3801 battles
  • [F-AUX] F-AUX

Consequences of American "everyone is a winner" education. Clan Wars is supposed to be the competitive end-game, it's supposed to be hard and you're supposed to compete against the best. You're basically complaining that better clans win all the time... because they're better. Next you'll be asking is baddie clans that lose 10-20 battles in a row to be granted a "participation award" - some low/medium value province on the map, right?

Good thing Wargaming doesn't fall for this. I don't see how it's competitive when baddies get to fight baddies and then get juicy gold provinces. If that were the case, most people would make a clan, fill it entirely with baddies and then sealclub the other baddie clans to gain free provinces on the map that earn gold for players that are absolutely terrible at the game and should not even be playing it competitively.

CS:GO, for example, doesn't organize special tournaments for handicapped Silvers with thousands of bucks in prizes so the bad players can also win something. Because that's not the point of tournaments. The point is not for everyone to be a winner. Their point is to show who's the absolutely best out of everyone. That's what Clan Wars seems to be based on - the best of the best in all of World of Tanks.

View PostVonBrandt, on Jun 29 2015 - 02:32, said:

Who cares?

Again this annoying mentality of "everyone is a winner and everyone should be rewarded". If you can't fulfill mission conditions - well, sucks to be you, that's all there is to it, don't complain.

Edited by Ricox, Jun 29 2015 - 13:02.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users