WoT Racing Mod Kit [0.7.3]

Racing Tanks Fun

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
106 replies to this topic

funkle17 #101 Posted Jun 05 2012 - 09:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3426 battles
Idea:  I know a bit of carnage would make the race more exciting and you mention how the bigger tanks just wont be able to be slowed down enough etc so....
1.  Got the idea from Star Wars (Boonta Eve Classic podrace) where the track had a section where snipers sat on a hill and took potshots at the racers.  These tracks could have 1 spot or several where they could potentially get tracked/damaged etc.  The smaller tanks may not have high HP but they make a harder target at speed for snipers at range.  Obviously we dont want anything too high a tier for a sniper but tests can be run and can be made so snipers must sit in one location.  
Discuss.

2.  Similar idea but instead of snipers you have a spotter parked on hill that can light up one section of track.   Then arty sits in their designated spots and lobs some shells into that section of track as the racers fly through.  Now I think THAT would be exciting and a fair rush if you are the racer an see a shell drop 20-40m in front and you fly through a dust cloud into into clean air or hit a tracked tank!  LOL
Discuss.

Really you could use both ideas as different race formats.  And then the different tiers/formula class could have different class snipers and arty's.

And so on and so forth.

Thoughts?

(I havnt even looked at the mod yet but it sounds awesome lol)

NZSnipes #102 Posted Jun 08 2012 - 00:56

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 7060 battles
I'm gonna guess Schabbs has stopped this project, fellas.

DrSchabbs #103 Posted Jun 12 2012 - 16:06

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5819 battles
have been working on some potential new content..... will keep you all upto date...

View Postfunkle17, on Jun 05 2012 - 09:36, said:

1.  Got the idea from Star Wars (Boonta Eve Classic podrace) where the track had a section where snipers sat on a hill and took potshots at the racers.  These tracks could have 1 spot or several where they could potentially get tracked/damaged etc.  The smaller tanks may not have high HP but they make a harder target at speed for snipers at range.  Obviously we dont want anything too high a tier for a sniper but tests can be run and can be made so snipers must sit in one location.  
Discuss.

2.  Similar idea but instead of snipers you have a spotter parked on hill that can light up one section of track.   Then arty sits in their designated spots and lobs some shells into that section of track as the racers fly through.  Now I think THAT would be exciting and a fair rush if you are the racer an see a shell drop 20-40m in front and you fly through a dust cloud into into clean air or hit a tracked tank!  LOL
Discuss.

the arty idea is something we played with.... most of the time people like to race and smash 'em ups.... :P

the sniping idea..... depending on the size tank you're shooting with.....
the little tanks can't really survive many hits..... tier 6 and above can 1 shot them.....
this is an idea you can work with within your clan....

because there is a wide range of tracks the choices of places to do things like this is almost unlimited....

View PostIndygoEEI, on May 11 2012 - 22:02, said:

Just been thinking of an idea.  Can we get a Drag Racing map?

have been looking at this idea.... just like drag racing it'd all be about the start...
have been considering making this on another map possibly with a few zones included where arty are free to fire....
as the idea posted above

btw... DAYZ IS AWESOME AND ADDICTIVE AND TIME CONSUMING.....
sorry about the delay...

Lhos #104 Posted Jun 13 2012 - 03:50

Major

• Players
  • 11542 battles
STOP THE PRESSES, I SEE A LOVE BUG HERBIE SKIN. Brilliant.

Edited by Lhos, Jun 13 2012 - 03:52.

Dorbemon #105 Posted Sep 29 2012 - 05:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 5911 battles
  • [TWILY] TWILY
Where to download the skin?? :Smile_Default::Smile_Default:

holakc #106 Posted Sep 30 2012 - 06:13

Captain

• Players
  • 33634 battles
does this map mod still work?