Jump to content


WoT Racing Mod Kit [0.7.3]

Racing Tanks Fun

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
106 replies to this topic

DrSchabbs #21 Posted Jul 01 2011 - 06:50

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 5819 battles
  • 115
  • Member since:
    12-18-2010
new map: Mountain Pass

http://i14.photobuck...ps/shot_058.jpg

album with more images:
http://s14.photobuck...Panzac500-Maps/

Links
WoTSkins: http://www.wotskins....ac-500-mod-kit/
MediaFire: http://www.mediafire...xk7lsye054ldqtn
Hotfile: http://hotfile.com/d...inPass.rar.html

MrLolcats17 #22 Posted Jul 01 2011 - 07:11

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 13808 battles
  • 38
  • [PA] PA
  • Member since:
    12-20-2010
What an excellent Idea!! I'm an Australian myself and enjoy a good bit of destruction and racing.
You have combined those 2 with one of my favourite things of all, Tanks.
Great work. I hope to participate soon :D

DrSchabbs #23 Posted Jul 01 2011 - 10:24

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 5819 battles
  • 115
  • Member since:
    12-18-2010
sorry about this guys need to repackage the mountain pass map... i made a mistake and i compressed it in wrong type...

so the whole map is strawberry fields....

have fixed the issue will reupload right now

DrSchabbs #24 Posted Jul 02 2011 - 15:14

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 5819 battles
  • 115
  • Member since:
    12-18-2010
it's up and working now... allllll good

Dhramund #25 Posted Jul 05 2011 - 12:42

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 4642 battles
  • 14
  • [RXR] RXR
  • Member since:
    10-25-2010
We had our first guild race Sunday evening, well Monday afternoon for you guys.  Attendance was very low, but everyone who was there had a blast!!!  I am getting more support for it in in the clan, I expect to have a much better turnout for our second event.  I highly encourage anyone to grab the torch and set this up for you clan.  It is an absolute blast, even if you are officiating the event.

DrSchabbs #26 Posted Jul 06 2011 - 05:54

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 5819 battles
  • 115
  • Member since:
    12-18-2010

View PostDhramund, on Jul 05 2011 - 12:42, said:

We had our first guild race Sunday evening, well Monday afternoon for you guys.  Attendance was very low, but everyone who was there had a blast!!!  I am getting more support for it in in the clan, I expect to have a much better turnout for our second event.  I highly encourage anyone to grab the torch and set this up for you clan.  It is an absolute blast, even if you are officiating the event.

cheers for updating...

i'm currently working on another 6 tracks... one for erlenberg, one for redshire, one for arctic region. one for karelia and 2 for sandriver

Dhramund #27 Posted Jul 06 2011 - 15:47

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 4642 battles
  • 14
  • [RXR] RXR
  • Member since:
    10-25-2010

View PostDrSchabbs, on Jul 06 2011 - 05:54, said:

cheers for updating...

i'm currently working on another 6 tracks... one for erlenberg, one for redshire, one for arctic region. one for karelia and 2 for sandriver
That's awesome!!!

I did have a couple of ideas that I thought that might help out myself and any new organizers.  

1.  JPGs of the maps with the course layouts on it, with the ref stations, staring line, etc marked on it.  We can post these in our forums to get racers and refs organized.
2.  Ref stations marked and numbered on the map for quick and easy assignment.  It would be helpful to not have to show each ref exactly where to sit.

These would be great to have and I feel would make getting new organizers/clans up and running easier.  Let me know what you think.

DrSchabbs #28 Posted Jul 07 2011 - 01:37

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 5819 battles
  • 115
  • Member since:
    12-18-2010

View PostDhramund, on Jul 06 2011 - 15:47, said:

That's awesome!!!

I did have a couple of ideas that I thought that might help out myself and any new organizers.  

1.  JPGs of the maps with the course layouts on it, with the ref stations, staring line, etc marked on it.  We can post these in our forums to get racers and refs organized.
2.  Ref stations marked and numbered on the map for quick and easy assignment.  It would be helpful to not have to show each ref exactly where to sit.

These would be great to have and I feel would make getting new organizers/clans up and running easier.  Let me know what you think.

thanks for the suggestions:-
originally we had done the tracks and locations for the officials in picture mode
we're currently considering doing the minimap image for each race track so it shows up there and people will be able to see the start line

however, it's also the reason we have the packs released to everyone... so that they can go grab a mate or something...
run the tracks, learn the best racing lines and be competitive with it.

and putting them on the maps... this will happen... we'd originally planned to do it this way...
the original HIDEOUS skins were this way... however I'll be redoing them with the next release of the packs

some sneak peaks at the upcoming arctic region map:
http://i14.photobuck...egion-Above.png

http://i14.photobuck...ps/shot_073.jpg
http://i14.photobuck...ps/shot_080.jpg

Will_of_Iron #29 Posted Jul 07 2011 - 02:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 30020 battles
  • 3,215
  • [1STBB] 1STBB
  • Member since:
    03-06-2011
holy... wow... just wow... the devs REALLY gotta add this as an official game mode. I would LOVE to take a Leopard out for a spin on one of these tracks :) That or an A-20. O, add a tank pull event too. Like a tractor pull, but that would be way to light. O, maybe a drag race too?

DrSchabbs #30 Posted Jul 07 2011 - 03:59

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 5819 battles
  • 115
  • Member since:
    12-18-2010

View PostWill_of_Iron, on Jul 07 2011 - 02:16, said:

holy... wow... just wow... the devs REALLY gotta add this as an official game mode. I would LOVE to take a Leopard out for a spin on one of these tracks :) That or an A-20. O, add a tank pull event too. Like a tractor pull, but that would be way to light. O, maybe a drag race too?

we want to do something like that, unfortunately that will have to wait until the physics come out...
tank pull not so much ... tank push hells yeah...

until physics are released the top speed pushing a wreck is 1km/h

NZSnipes #31 Posted Jul 14 2011 - 05:58

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 7060 battles
  • 298
  • Member since:
    07-30-2010
Heya guys. Quick update on the PANZAC 500. We have raced 8 races on 4 maps with the final map being raced this saturday night. Quick scrrenys on some podium shots here! :D

Round 3, Abbey!
Posted Image

Round 4, Ruinberg!
Posted Image

Round 2, Mountain Pass!
Posted Image

Round 1, Himmelsdorf!
http://img15.imagesh...239/shot131.jpg

What we have done, is run 2 races of each map. We are running our last Heat on Saturday. We are then running a finals series. Very soon, we are going to be bringing this to allied clans. Then, the world. Get your race on!

Dhramund #32 Posted Jul 14 2011 - 14:00

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 4642 battles
  • 14
  • [RXR] RXR
  • Member since:
    10-25-2010
I have the second event for DHO planned for Friday the 22nd.  I hope to get more guys involved.

NZSnipes #33 Posted Jul 19 2011 - 03:18

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 7060 battles
  • 298
  • Member since:
    07-30-2010
UPDATE: PANZACS Have finished their heats and are about to enter the Finals series. We have 22 racers for the finals around 5 brand new tracks. Video of the first 5 rounds coming soon.

DrSchabbs #34 Posted Jul 20 2011 - 00:03

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 5819 battles
  • 115
  • Member since:
    12-18-2010
to see the lowe skin in action... here's a clip from clanwars...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9RhfyT-kdRQ

Blindleader #35 Posted Jul 22 2011 - 07:12

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 2964 battles
  • 137
  • [3AC] 3AC
  • Member since:
    11-06-2010
Any chance you could do a race official skin for something other than the Lowe? Maybe a couple of tanks with race official stripes, say IS7, IS4 and a Maus skin?

I love this mod, excellent work. We are going to use this for our death race events in 3AC. Love them, great idea and excellent execution!

DrSchabbs #36 Posted Jul 22 2011 - 10:50

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 5819 battles
  • 115
  • Member since:
    12-18-2010

View PostBlindleader, on Jul 22 2011 - 07:12, said:

Any chance you could do a race official skin for something other than the Lowe? Maybe a couple of tanks with race official stripes, say IS7, IS4 and a Maus skin?

I love this mod, excellent work. We are going to use this for our death race events in 3AC. Love them, great idea and excellent execution!

Before the release of the Lowe we were using tier 10's an tier 9 meds...
after release we checked our members tanks to see what we had alot of to try and get the best turn up for officials
when we checked what we found was that around 96% of the clan had lowes...
it was a group decision that was compounded based on a few reasons.

1. Lowe's can take damage and it makes it a bit more fun when the racers hit them...
2. Once people have bought the Lowe they'd be stupid to sell it :P
-- for both money and just an all round brilliant tank
3. they are a great beastly tank that just works for all aspects for the officials position...
-- accurate gun, cant mistakenly shoot the wrong person
-- nice and boxy allowing for easy skinning
4. with so many people having them... we had no choice but to use them


here's a few interesting facts...
as of 10-07-2011
8146 Löwe
were in clans
and that's ONLY in clans...

since then i have no doubt there is a great deal more...

were as there was only at that time..
1144 IS-7
809 T30
738 Maus
1184 T-54
1079 M46 Patton
836 Panther II

grand total of... 5790

so there is a great deal more lowes within clans than their is top tier tanks...

DrSchabbs #37 Posted Jul 24 2011 - 20:42

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 5819 battles
  • 115
  • Member since:
    12-18-2010
This coming weekend ladies and gentlemen...
saturday/sunday we'll be releasing a wide range of new maps...
the following are the maps being released on the weekend.

Map Update
Arctic Region - DrSchabbs DONE
Sandriver South - DrSchabbs DONE
Sandriver North - DrSchabbs DONE
Lakeville - DrSchabbs DONE
Karelia - DrSchabbs DONE
Redshire - MorphiusX DONE
Erlenberg(Girlenberg) - MorphiusX DONE

Sneak Peaks!
Karelia
http://i14.photobuck...ps/shot_107.jpg

Sandriver North
http://i14.photobuck...ps/shot_096.jpg

Sandriver South
http://i14.photobuck...ps/shot_106.jpg

Girlenberg
http://i14.photobuck...aps/shot068.jpg

Redshire
http://i14.photobuck...aps/shot089.jpg

on most of the new maps we've added some red dots, these are official locations.

as always more pics available:
http://s14.photobuck...Panzac500-Maps/

NZSnipes #38 Posted Jul 25 2011 - 01:19

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 7060 battles
  • 298
  • Member since:
    07-30-2010
Looking foward to the finals!!! :D:D:D

DrSchabbs #39 Posted Jul 25 2011 - 11:46

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 5819 battles
  • 115
  • Member since:
    12-18-2010
Due to the Panzac 500 Skinning Team putting in a great deal of hours in the last 24hours
We've been able to bring the new packs to you early.
So Ladies and Gentlemen
We present you with a wide range of new maps.
And ALL Repackaged into packs.

Enjoy.

NZSnipes #40 Posted Aug 01 2011 - 00:57

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 7060 battles
  • 298
  • Member since:
    07-30-2010
Awesome new maps. The PANZACS Will be bringing you videos soon.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users