Jump to content


Stand To Week of July 6th


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Triple_Crown #1 Posted Jun 29 2015 - 20:44

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 46060 battles
  • 220
  • [CIA] CIA
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011

The Stand-To is Wargaming’s popular daily tournament (named after WWI’s daily face off against the enemy where soldiers were expected to stand ready on the trench fire step, preparing for attack).

 

Now it’s your turn to roll into the fray. So gather your friends, grab your favorite tank and defend your base. As a daily tournament, you can choose whether you want to Stand-To every day or only once in a while.

 

All active tournaments can be found by searching the Tournaments Home Page.

 

THIS WEEKS STAND-TO's FEATURES TIER 5'S AND SPECIAL 'BATTLEGROUP' RESTRICTIONS - PLAYERS ARE ONLY ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF ONE TANK TYPE PER TEAM - ONLY ONE HEAVY, ONE MEDIUM, ONE LIGHT, ONE TD AND ONE SPG PER TEAM.

 

 

CURRENT TOURNAMENT:

Stand-To 7.10.15

REGISTRATION OPEN:

Basic Tournament Information:

  • Team Size: 5 combatants + 2 reserves
  • Tier Point Limit: 25
  • Special Restrictions : Only One of Each Tank Type - Max of 1 Heavy / Medium / Light / TD and SPG per battle.
  • Tier Limits:
    • This represents the max tier allowed. Teams are allowed to bring lower tiers.
    • Light: Tier 5 
    • Medium: Tier 5 
    • Heavy: Tier 5 
    • TD: Tier 5 
    • SPG:Tier 5 

 

  • Maps:
    • Monday:  Mitengard
    • Tuesday : Himmelsdorf
    • Wednesday :Ensk
    • Thursday: Cliff
    • Friday: Karelia
    • Saturday : Airfield
    • Sunday: Malinovka

 

Teams must be SUBMITTED for approval to participate - instructions on applying HERE

 

Completed Tournaments :

Stand-To 7.06.15

 

 

Prize Payments

  • Prizes are credited to player accounts as quickly as possible but could take up to 7 days after the Stand-To has finished.
  • There may be a delay in crediting the gold if a player changes his/her name.

 

Disputes

A dispute is a claim against an illegitimate result by an opponent’s violation of a written Stand-To rule.

 

Disputes must adhere to the protocol detailed below or risk having the dispute dropped by tournament administration.

  • Disputes must be submitted immediately after the round has concluded.
  • Disputes must be emailed to tournaments@wargamingamerica.com
  • The email subject/title must include the word “Dispute:” followed by the name of the event for which you are filing a dispute.
  • Disputes may only be filed by the team captain or any team member listed under team’s contact details.

 

Disputes must include the following in the body of the email or risk having the dispute dropped by tournament administration:

  • In-game name of the player submitting the dispute
  • Date of the Stand-To
  • Your team’s name with a link to your team’s page created for you during registration
  • Your opponent’s team name and a link to your opponent’s team page created during registration
  • Reason for dispute: e.g. “I would like to report the team for using a tank that was not allowed, the StuG III.”
  • An attached replay of the disputed battle(s)

 

Additional notes:

  • Opposing team captains will be alerted of the dispute by forum PM after the dispute is processed.
  • Captains are responsible for monitoring their PM inbox.
  • Three upheld disputes during a group stage reverses all scores from the offending team for that round.
  • Publicizing disputes prior to resolution is subject to penalties at tournament admin's discretion, not limited to:
    • Disregarding the dispute
    • Immediate team disqualification
    • Removal of offending player from the event

 

 


Edited by Triple_Crown, Jul 10 2015 - 17:04.


MegaMaxs #2 Posted Jul 06 2015 - 01:09

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20536 battles
  • 843
  • [RS] RS
  • Member since:
    03-26-2013
Looking for the team  !

kier321 #3 Posted Jul 06 2015 - 01:14

    Captain

  • Players
  • 18760 battles
  • 1,968
  • [-TMH-] -TMH-
  • Member since:
    01-29-2012
Looking for team for Tuesday wensday Friday

Preddy_ #4 Posted Jul 06 2015 - 14:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 9629 battles
  • 4,244
  • [T-F-Z] T-F-Z
  • Member since:
    06-28-2013

FORCED arty play... no thanks

 

One reason I do tourneys is that there are usually NO arties...



cclpsnake #5 Posted Jul 06 2015 - 15:03

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 3368 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    10-07-2012

 

 

                  i look for a team Monday and Tuesday

 



LoveNoThot #6 Posted Jul 07 2015 - 03:21

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 2624 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    10-19-2014
looking for a team thats gonna show up ..i want to do good

Hans_von_Twitchy #7 Posted Jul 07 2015 - 04:35

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 43467 battles
  • 1,060
  • [FUWG] FUWG
  • Member since:
    04-12-2014

Question:

 

"PLAYERS ARE ONLY ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF ONE TANK TYPE PER TEAM"

means that the team has to be only ONE tank type, e.g. everyone in the team has to be LT.

 

"Special Restrictions : Only One of Each Tank Type - Max of 1 Heavy / Medium / Light / TD and SPG per battle"

means the exact opposite.

 

Which one is it?



Triple_Crown #8 Posted Jul 07 2015 - 14:24

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 46060 battles
  • 220
  • [CIA] CIA
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011

View PostHans_von_Twitchy, on Jul 07 2015 - 03:35, said:

Question:

 

"PLAYERS ARE ONLY ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF ONE TANK TYPE PER TEAM"

means that the team has to be only ONE tank type, e.g. everyone in the team has to be LT.

 

"Special Restrictions : Only One of Each Tank Type - Max of 1 Heavy / Medium / Light / TD and SPG per battle"

means the exact opposite.

 

Which one is it?

 

Thx Hans - it means that the team consists of " Only One of Each Tank Type - Max of 1 Heavy / Medium / Light / TD and SPG per battle" - hope this clarifies this for you and sorry if its confusing,,

 

TC

 



Hans_von_Twitchy #9 Posted Jul 07 2015 - 22:54

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 43467 battles
  • 1,060
  • [FUWG] FUWG
  • Member since:
    04-12-2014

View PostTriple_Crown, on Jul 07 2015 - 14:24, said:

... sorry if its confusing,,

 

 

Thank you for your answer; I am no longer puzzled by your intent.

 

However, the offending text isn't "confusing" -- it is "contradictory" -- so future readers will have the same trouble I had in trying to decide what your intention is.

 

The trny intro page ( http://worldoftanks....tand-to-july-6/ ) still contains:

 

"This week’s Stand-To features 5v5 battles with special “battlegroup” restrictions; players are only allowed a maximum of one tank type per team (one heavy, one medium, one light, one TD and one SPG)."

 

I suggest you change it to something like:

 

"This week’s Stand-To features 5v5 battles with a special “battlegroup” restriction: teams are allowed a maximum of only one of each tank type (i.e., one heavy, one medium, one light, one TD, and one SPG)."

 

 

 



Blaklyte #10 Posted Jul 08 2015 - 06:03

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 7612 battles
  • 31
  • Member since:
    03-10-2015

What are people thinking of using for their lineup? I was thinking something like this.

 

Light: T1 Cunningham

Medium: Cromwell

Heavy: IS-3

Arty: FV304

TD: Hetzer

 

 

Reasoning:

I was thinking that some people would go with two tier X, and the rest of the 5 tiers somewhere mixed in the other 3 tank. Now I don't like having 2 or 3 of my tanks doing pretty much nothing. I built this team thinking that everyone would have a porous and would bring something to the battle.

 

T1: Good little light tank that as a decent speed and can spot for the team.

Cromwell: Fast, can maneuver around bigger tank and pen the back of tier X

IS-8: Can face tier X, good alpha damage, pretty fast for a heavy.

FV304: I wanted the arty to actively participate to the battle. With the FV304, the tank can move around the battle field, go where he's needed and put more then one shot per 40sec

Hetzer: This one I had a hard time with. I had the rest of my team setup then was wondering what I could do for the TD at tier IV. After looking at the options at that tier I think this was the best one. 

 

Let me know what you guys are thinking, and tell me what you think would be a good team.



Hans_von_Twitchy #11 Posted Jul 08 2015 - 06:18

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 43467 battles
  • 1,060
  • [FUWG] FUWG
  • Member since:
    04-12-2014

View PostBlaklyte, on Jul 08 2015 - 06:03, said:

What are people thinking of using for their lineup? I was thinking something like this.

 

Light: T1 Cunningham

Medium: Cromwell

Heavy: IS-3

Arty: FV304

TD: Hetzer

 

 

Reasoning:

I was thinking that some people would go with two tier X, and the rest of the 5 tiers somewhere mixed in the other 3 tank. Now I don't like having 2 or 3 of my tanks doing pretty much nothing. I built this team thinking that everyone would have a porous and would bring something to the battle.

 

T1: Good little light tank that as a decent speed and can spot for the team.

Cromwell: Fast, can maneuver around bigger tank and pen the back of tier X

IS-8: Can face tier X, good alpha damage, pretty fast for a heavy.

FV304: I wanted the arty to actively participate to the battle. With the FV304, the tank can move around the battle field, go where he's needed and put more then one shot per 40sec

Hetzer: This one I had a hard time with. I had the rest of my team setup then was wondering what I could do for the TD at tier IV. After looking at the options at that tier I think this was the best one. 

 

Let me know what you guys are thinking, and tell me what you think would be a good team.

 

Umm, the trny has restrictions of Tier V on everything, and 25 Tier Pts in total. You can't take tanks > Tier 5, so there is no point in taking tanks < Tier 5 either.

Blaklyte #12 Posted Jul 08 2015 - 08:30

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 7612 battles
  • 31
  • Member since:
    03-10-2015

View PostHans_von_Twitchy, on Jul 08 2015 - 01:18, said:

 

Umm, the trny has restrictions of Tier V on everything, and 25 Tier Pts in total. You can't take tanks > Tier 5, so there is no point in taking tanks < Tier 5 either.

 

Oh ok, I didn't catch that.

 

Ok well what kind of team would you build if you could have any tier :P



Hans_von_Twitchy #13 Posted Jul 08 2015 - 23:51

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 43467 battles
  • 1,060
  • [FUWG] FUWG
  • Member since:
    04-12-2014

View PostBlaklyte, on Jul 08 2015 - 08:30, said:

 

Ok well what kind of team would you build if you could have any tier :P

 

Impossible to answer that. It depends on the map, mode, strategy, caller's skills, player skills, their tanks' crew skills, etc.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users