Download Issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Rlgruber #1 Posted Jun 26 2011 - 19:42

Private

• Players
  • 41 battles
Greetings, I am Rlgruber...And I am a newbie. I am having some issues with the downloads. I first started last night at midnight my time. GMT -6 Central US time. I was downloading at 525ish Kb per seconds. I went to bed and my computer had went to sleep, well hibernation really (-.-) and for some reason that paused the download (It normally does not do that for downloads.) And I guess because the computer pretty much went into a super deep energy conserving sleep, the download failed at like 95%. (-.-) So I am trying again. However now the Kb per sec is at like 15. Why? I have virtualy no fragmentation no viruses no cookies. technically enough RAM, according to the system requirements, to runt he game on it's highest graphical settings (4 gigs). The only thing that seems different is the website population. After looking up the game pre download one positive thing is the high playerbase. So is it simply that because this is gettings towards a time when many players are on that the site is simply too crowded to send the download at a decent speed? At one point the expected time for full download was 1 day 17 hours. down to 16.5 hours now. Any suggestions?

CaptCrusader #2 Posted Jun 26 2011 - 19:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4477 battles

View PostRlgruber, on Jun 26 2011 - 19:42, said:

Greetings, I am Rlgruber...And I am a newbie. I am having some issues with the downloads. I first started last night at midnight my time. GMT -6 Central US time. I was downloading at 525ish Kb per seconds. I went to bed and my computer had went to sleep, well hibernation really (-.-) and for some reason that paused the download (It normally does not do that for downloads.) And I guess because the computer pretty much went into a super deep energy conserving sleep, the download failed at like 95%. (-.-) So I am trying again. However now the Kb per sec is at like 15. Why? I have virtualy no fragmentation no viruses no cookies. technically enough RAM, according to the system requirements, to runt he game on it's highest graphical settings (4 gigs). The only thing that seems different is the website population. After looking up the game pre download one positive thing is the high playerbase. So is it simply that because this is gettings towards a time when many players are on that the site is simply too crowded to send the download at a decent speed? At one point the expected time for full download was 1 day 17 hours. down to 16.5 hours now. Any suggestions?

The download for this game does take an inordinate amount of time for its size, but there is something else at work for you I think. I am not technically savvy enough to say what, but a call to your internet provider may be in order. If you are on a public router this could cause a slow download, or if someone is leaching bandwith off of you.

Rlgruber #3 Posted Jun 26 2011 - 20:11

Private

• Players
  • 41 battles
The only other computer that gets the same internet at me at home is my grandfathers. It is possible he is downloading or something. One of the reasons I suspected the site being crowded may have something to do with it is that it for some reason takes twice as long as normal to load this website. But yeah when gramps gets back maybe I will have him look into it. This clearly isn't right. As said last night it was downloading at over 500 Kb a second. at 25ish now.

CaptCrusader #4 Posted Jun 26 2011 - 20:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4477 battles

View PostRlgruber, on Jun 26 2011 - 20:11, said:

The only other computer that gets the same internet at me at home is my grandfathers. It is possible he is downloading or something. One of the reasons I suspected the site being crowded may have something to do with it is that it for some reason takes twice as long as normal to load this website. But yeah when gramps gets back maybe I will have him look into it. This clearly isn't right. As said last night it was downloading at over 500 Kb a second. at 25ish now.

Check and see if your router is password protected. YOu might have neighbors ganking your bandwhidth. For instance, when I look for wifi with my iphone I can pick up 2 of my neighbors routers that are not protected. You can bet mine is.

Rlgruber #5 Posted Jun 26 2011 - 21:16

Private

• Players
  • 41 battles
Indeed. My grandpa's router has supposedly 300 feet? of length for internet. We live in a city outskirts so no houses crowded together but it is a possibility that they could get the signal. And no it isn't protected. good suggestion.

However when looking at my network it doesn't show me as connected to any computers other than mine and my grandfathers. I am no technical pro however I imagine there could be a way around that.

49% done, 5 hours to go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users