How to draw a WZ-120

How to draw a KV-4

How to draw an M4 Sherman

How to draw a Cent Mk. 7/1

How to draw an FV304

How to draw an Ru 251

How to draw an ELC AMX

How to draw a KV-2

Sorry guys, I'm temporarily ditching the request list this time to do something I've personally wanted to draw for the forums for some time. It's an inter-war period tank called the "Neubaufahrzeug", an experimental multi-turreted heavy tank, to compete in role and function to tanks like the Char 2C and the T-35. Very interesting tank, although as I am a horribly biased German tank fan, I think it looks better than both of them, and it has basically Pz. I turrets on it, so it'd be interesting to draw.

All I'd have as a reference for me to draw this tank off of is this schematic: http://i.imgur.com/RYCmSIn.gif, a couple of images of the Großtraktor(so I could steal it's tow hooks, since the schematic didn't show any to draw), and a Pz. I, so I can draw the MG turrets with a better eye.

I started off drawing a really basic geometric shape of the hull, to base everything off of. This takes care of the perspective and the angle I'm drawing the tank at.

Here, I get started with the turret mounts on the hull, and immediately get started on the running gear after having completed the track guards.

Here I finish a lot more elements with the running gear. Actually very difficult to space everything since I had to look at the schematic to find out precisely how many wheels were on the ground, and other idler wheels around the tank that I missed.

Here, I've finished the suspension components on the wheels, which took FOREVER. I also added some neat touches to the side plates and added details to the hull, and realistic wrinkling on the track guards that we see on some of the new HD models of tanks in the game.

On this step, I mostly am getting started with the turrets. I wanted to position them differently so that they would be traversed at different angles, for extra cool effect. I drew the basic shape to get an eye on the perspective first.

Here's the turrets with a lot of details completed, including the guns on all the turrets.

Adding a lot of finishing touches and additional details to components, such as the tracks, commander's hatch, a spot light, and a plate of steel hung in front of the front MG turret.

This is the final image, or rather... 1920x1080 wallpaper. I did a bit more shading and details, and put some decals in it. I was kind of let down, because the tank has no absurdly long gun... it fits perfectly at home on the 1400x1050 canvas I usually use in the steps, but I still wanted it to be a 1920x1080 wallpaper. So I filled the negative space with a stylized title of the tank, and an opaque layer of the schematics image I used, showing merely some of the information.

Link to album: http://imgur.com/a/BWSXY

I understand it's not a World of Tanks tank... and some of you may be disappointed in that manner(although I believe Wargaming planned at one point to make the tank an actual premium tank, and had a model for it)  I just wanted to stray from the path a bit and do something cool, new and exciting, and this I thought would be a good refresher. I sincerely hope a lot of you found it interesting and cool.

Happy tanking!

Cl0r0x_4_U #2 Posted Jul 11 2015 - 04:00

Major

• Players
  • 27129 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ
Nice :)

DrJeJo #3 Posted Jul 11 2015 - 04:01

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1267 battles
I've seen you making alot. GJ on this one and the last ones!

mohawkdriver #4 Posted Jul 11 2015 - 04:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18717 battles
  • [_RTF_] _RTF_
Wish I could draw like that.  Very nice artwork, OP.

EPICANDY0131 #5 Posted Jul 11 2015 - 04:58

Major

• Players
  • 30880 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

Grosstraktor?

Would be a cool companion for it!

+1

crazhackerplayer #6 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 22:41

Private

• -Players-
  • 6 battles