9.9 CTD all fixes so far dont work for me

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Gawdzuka #1 Posted Jul 16 2015 - 02:26

Private

• Players
  • 9579 battles
  • [C-D] C-D

ok so i have been sitting here since the patch got released and updated the game

been going trough the forums with everyone getting CTD's and blurry ingame gfx's where certain fixes worked and certain fixes didnt work

i myself still cant log in further than loading garage and get crashed to the desktop, i tried the awesome awesomium fix which didnt work, some person came with a replacement of an engine_blabla stuff trough youtube which didnt work either, i browsed the EU forums for a fix which came with the same answers, but so far no fix

ive send a ticket to support which asked me for the following files which were 2 logs a cfg and directx log, and after hours still no answer.

so far its 3:20am, 13hours after the patch released and still not able to play

currently running Windows XP, ati radeon x1200 onboard gfx, 4gigs of ram ddr2, and i see people with less than this being able to run the game smoothly.

so does anybody have a different kind of fix? i still want to get on as i see that wg wont extend the mission&specials freedom to play by another 24hours, and i refuse to spend cash on this game for stuff that can be achieved by doing dailies.

RoboT95 #2 Posted Jul 16 2015 - 02:28

Captain

• Players
  • 20872 battles
the only thing wrong with this patch to me was the blurry junk, people dont know about the option and cant turn it off

commanderdog #3 Posted Jul 16 2015 - 02:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20246 battles

View PostRoboT95, on Jul 16 2015 - 01:28, said:

the only thing wrong with this patch to me was the blurry junk, people dont know about the option and cant turn it off

YES, i am experiencing the same thing, i looked up graphics and see graphics blur but its turned off!. I have a bad computer and i must keep all setting to low, i dont know if the blur happens to other people that have medium quality or high. 

commanderdog #4 Posted Jul 16 2015 - 02:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20246 battles
might as well submit a ticket if this keeps acting up

_Hector__ #5 Posted Jul 16 2015 - 02:35

Major

• Players
  • 46604 battles
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP
My game closes when I try to log in, I just uninstalled everything and currently downloading WoT again which will take some painful 4-5 hours for me. You should do the same, thats about all you can do right now. 

Gawdzuka #6 Posted Jul 16 2015 - 02:40

Private

• Players
  • 9579 battles
  • [C-D] C-D

View Posthector1470, on Jul 16 2015 - 01:35, said:

My game closes when I try to log in, I just uninstalled everything and currently downloading WoT again which will take some painful 4-5 hours for me. You should do the same, thats about all you can do right now. 

thanks for the info, i did forget to state that in the above, i have re-downloaded the game, that also did not fix the problem

heavymetal1967 #7 Posted Jul 16 2015 - 02:43

Major

• Players
  • 83990 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

If you've ever had mods on your client at anytime there may be something left over in the res_mods folder from an earlier patch.  Check and delete anything if so and hopefully that'll do it.  Make sure you log off and back on the client or do it when logged off so they aren't loaded.

Or just delete your res_mods folder and make a new blank one.  Make sure to put a  blank 0.9.9 folder in it.

If that doesn't do it try one of these two things.  The last is unlikely to fix it if the earlier tips don't work since you just updated.  But it's still worth a shot before trying a fresh install.

Next hit your Windows start button, in the search field type in %appdata%

Then select roaming  then select Wargaming then select and delete the folder called WorldofTanks.

Then run your launcher and see if it'll let you in.

Be advised this will set your settings to default and you'll need to redo any customized settings you had.

If that doesn't work try this.

It's a "new" version of the old integrity check that was removed.

Block Quote

1. go to your WOT folder and find the wotlauncher.exe

2. Create a shortcut and paste it somewhere you can find it. "right click" on th new shortcut and go to properties.

3. Alter the target to add " -integrity_default_client" after the target (notice the space after .exe and before -integrity)

4. Run the shortcut and the client will check your game. Hopefully it will find missing/corrupt content and replace it.

then just re-launch from your usual location.

Credit to EU forum member brownape, http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/466290-wot-client-problems-client-integrity-check/

If that doesn't do it I'm out of ideas, except for a brand new install. 

Good luck.

fisher1854 #8 Posted Jul 16 2015 - 02:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 30691 battles

For those that have blurring.

I had logged on and had blurry graphics. Come to find out my HD option was turned all the way down. Hope you know what I'm talking about. Don't know if that is the issue but its something to consider.

communist21 #9 Posted Jul 16 2015 - 03:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17527 battles
  • [1939] 1939
The blurring is your 3d render resolution in the graphics settings of the game. For some reason it is set to 0, so all u have to do is drag the slider all the way to 100 and it should fix it.

heavymetal1967 #10 Posted Jul 16 2015 - 03:10

Major

• Players
  • 83990 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Also re: graphics it seems they've added a few things.  Check the settings as maybe something got changed or the new stuff's settings may need to be adjusted.

Gawdzuka #11 Posted Jul 16 2015 - 03:27

Private

• Players
  • 9579 battles
  • [C-D] C-D

View Postheavymetal1967, on Jul 16 2015 - 01:43, said:

If you've ever had mods on your client at anytime there may be something left over in the res_mods folder from an earlier patch.  Check and delete anything if so and hopefully that'll do it.  Make sure you log off and back on the client or do it when logged off so they aren't loaded.

Or just delete your res_mods folder and make a new blank one.  Make sure to put a  blank 0.9.9 folder in it.

If that doesn't do it try one of these two things.  The last is unlikely to fix it if the earlier tips don't work since you just updated.  But it's still worth a shot before trying a fresh install.

Next hit your Windows start button, in the search field type in %appdata%

Then select roaming  then select Wargaming then select and delete the folder called WorldofTanks.

Then run your launcher and see if it'll let you in.

Be advised this will set your settings to default and you'll need to redo any customized settings you had.

If that doesn't work try this.

It's a "new" version of the old integrity check that was removed.

Credit to EU forum member brownape, http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/466290-wot-client-problems-client-integrity-check/

If that doesn't do it I'm out of ideas, except for a brand new install. 

Good luck.

thanks for the help, yeah all of what you stated did not fix it either, as ive already said in a comment i did re-install the client, and had my newly fresh files send to WG support as they asked for it, all i can do now is wait for that, unless someone else has a problem solver to this, so far thank you for trying to help man

edit:

i have never used a mod nor will i use one, ive heard constant complaints from my members that it always fks up something in their files, plus to me it just feels like a cheat.

you can become only so good with mods,

but without mods there is no extend of how good of a player you can truly become, and so far i stand my ground against mod users

Edited by Gawdzuka, Jul 16 2015 - 03:35.

panzerkampfwagen9991 #12 Posted Jul 16 2015 - 03:40

Captain

• Players
  • 31207 battles

View Postcommanderdog, on Jul 16 2015 - 02:31, said:

YES, i am experiencing the same thing, i looked up graphics and see graphics blur but its turned off!. I have a bad computer and i must keep all setting to low, i dont know if the blur happens to other people that have medium quality or high.

the blur is from an option that changes your render resolution. It's under the bar for resolution. Uncheck it.

panzerkampfwagen9991 #13 Posted Jul 16 2015 - 03:42

Captain

• Players
  • 31207 battles

View Postcommunist21, on Jul 16 2015 - 03:06, said:

The blurring is your 3d render resolution in the graphics settings of the game. For some reason it is set to 0, so all u have to do is drag the slider all the way to 100 and it should fix it.

no, you uncheck the box under the slider. That's the change.

communist21 #14 Posted Jul 16 2015 - 04:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17527 battles
  • [1939] 1939

View Postpanzerkampfwagen9991, on Jul 15 2015 - 19:42, said:

Ops... forgot about that. Sorry my bad.

Luciano_Bradley #15 Posted Jul 16 2015 - 12:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 112796 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View Postpanzerkampfwagen9991, on Jul 16 2015 - 03:42, said:

what exactly is #settings: DRR_AUTOSCALER_ENABLED?

Mouseover and it pops up with.....   DRR_AUTOSCALER_ENABLED/description 

Also tried the awesomium fix and thought it worked, but WOT just crashed again...

Might be important to note that when re-logging in and going straight to the battle in progress there has been no crash in that circumstance...

Edited by Luciano_Bradley, Jul 16 2015 - 13:09.

Gawdzuka #16 Posted Jul 17 2015 - 07:47

Private

• Players
  • 9579 battles
  • [C-D] C-D

so a few times ive gone trough this with a buddy of mine, and i might have found the answer to CTD's although support still hasnt answered me after 2days now, ive been going trough my preferences.xml file, i had my buddy send his, and that helped out alot as he was able to play normally,

now as ive said im still working this out, but so far i have been getting further than just "loading garage(with hearing garage sounds)" i entered the garage, but everything was black, so im still going trough it to set the settings right, from what i am seeing here is that a few settings were set to the point by wargaming where most of the peepz pc's werent able to handle the graphics and overburned the process as to where they got crashes, now im not sure if this is working, but if you have a buddy that can send you the same file and you can edit your own file or use his file by editing it, then you would be able to play normally, this altough takes a few hours,

i might not know if this is the answer for everyone on windows XP, but for me to get further than loading garage is a huge step after 2-3 days

also did try a replay again, and it got me further than loading the both sides of names and tanks, got me looking into the battle, altough another blackscreen, was able to see the names and tanks on each side, names above peopls tanks, recticle, and equipment+consumables, which before i wasnt even able to get there, so this might just be the trick.

if someone smarter than me can figure this out then this would be a help to many of us that currently still have CTD's

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users