Jump to content


Panther M10 Skin

panther m10 medium skin hd

  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

wookiee_monster #1 Posted Jul 22 2015 - 20:06

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19274 battles
  • 248
  • Member since:
    09-01-2011

I just started playing this tank again, I'm actually quite enjoying it.

 

 

Imgur album

http://imgur.com/a/4nQpO

 

Download link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pb574icy1sdn8rm/Panther_M10_Skin.zip?dl=0


Edited by wookie_monster, Jul 22 2015 - 20:07.


Thogal #2 Posted Jul 22 2015 - 20:13

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 29039 battles
  • 329
  • Member since:
    12-12-2012
one day i'll get one. they are kind of nice i think. i've played against a few of them, and enjoyed the battles. makes you place your shots well.

Life_In_Black #3 Posted Jul 22 2015 - 20:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 24497 battles
  • 10,948
  • [KGS] KGS
  • Member since:
    10-29-2011

The skin looks amazing! I do have a request though, could you add a muzzle brake to the 7.5cm Kwk 42 L/70? Historically, the gun could not be fired without a muzzle brake, and would have been in place should the vehicle have seen combat. Here's video of one being recovered in January of 1945:



Sam_Wolf #4 Posted Jul 22 2015 - 21:08

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 36343 battles
  • 104
  • Member since:
    01-02-2014
I have a question about skins. Can the camo patterns be applied to a tank using a user made skin

Edited by Sam_Wolf, Jul 22 2015 - 21:08.


wookiee_monster #5 Posted Jul 22 2015 - 21:27

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19274 battles
  • 248
  • Member since:
    09-01-2011

View PostSam_Wolf, on Jul 22 2015 - 21:08, said:

I have a question about skins. Can the camo patterns be applied to a tank using a user made skin

 

The simple answer is yes.

 

The slightly more complicated answer is that on this particular skin I have masked out the camo so they won't show in-game. They can still be applied and give the usual camo bonus, they just don't show in-game.



Sam_Wolf #6 Posted Jul 22 2015 - 21:36

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 36343 battles
  • 104
  • Member since:
    01-02-2014

View Postwookie_monster, on Jul 22 2015 - 15:27, said:

 

The simple answer is yes.

 

The slightly more complicated answer is that on this particular skin I have masked out the camo so they won't show in-game. They can still be applied and give the usual camo bonus, they just don't show in-game.

 

Thanks, for this skin the way camo works is perfect! I didn't want to lose the camo bonus but I really like the look of this skin. DLing it now.

wookiee_monster #7 Posted Jul 22 2015 - 21:46

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19274 battles
  • 248
  • Member since:
    09-01-2011

View PostLife_In_Black, on Jul 22 2015 - 20:58, said:

The skin looks amazing! I do have a request though, could you add a muzzle brake to the 7.5cm Kwk 42 L/70? Historically, the gun could not be fired without a muzzle brake, and would have been in place should the vehicle have seen combat. Here's video of one being recovered in January of 1945:

 

Not much I can do about that, it would require re-modelling which is alot more complicated than skinning.

 

Interestingly, the Panther Schmalturm has the same gun with no muzzle brake



Life_In_Black #8 Posted Jul 22 2015 - 21:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 24497 battles
  • 10,948
  • [KGS] KGS
  • Member since:
    10-29-2011

View Postwookie_monster, on Jul 22 2015 - 16:46, said:

 

Not much I can do about that, it would require re-modelling which is alot more complicated than skinning.

 

Interestingly, the Panther Schmalturm has the same gun with no muzzle brake

 

The Schmalturm uses a newer version of the cannon though, which could explain why. As far as I know though, the normal Panther turret required the muzzle brake be used.

Zoldner #9 Posted Aug 06 2015 - 18:57

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 40397 battles
  • 313
  • Member since:
    02-15-2011

View Postwookie_monster, on Jul 22 2015 - 20:27, said:

 

The simple answer is yes.

 

The slightly more complicated answer is that on this particular skin I have masked out the camo so they won't show in-game. They can still be applied and give the usual camo bonus, they just don't show in-game.

 

wookie_monster. Can you tell me how to mask out the camo? I use paint.net and try to remove it in the AO file by erasing. It works but the shadows come out black on the tanks. I don't know what im doing wrong.

Do I have to extract something out of the AO file? Can I do it with paint? or do I need another program? ThnX

 

Also. Sweet job on the M10. Just Wow. Looks great.


Edited by Zoldner, Aug 06 2015 - 18:58.


wookiee_monster #10 Posted Aug 07 2015 - 14:24

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19274 battles
  • 248
  • Member since:
    09-01-2011

View PostZoldner, on Aug 06 2015 - 18:57, said:

 

wookie_monster. Can you tell me how to mask out the camo? I use paint.net and try to remove it in the AO file by erasing. It works but the shadows come out black on the tanks. I don't know what im doing wrong.

Do I have to extract something out of the AO file? Can I do it with paint? or do I need another program? ThnX

 

Also. Sweet job on the M10. Just Wow. Looks great.

 

I don't use Paint sorry. I use Photoshop but I think there are other skinners using Gimp.

 

It sounds like you're erasing in one of the RGB channels, but you need to be working in the Alpha 1 channel, filling it with black or even deleting it will do the trick



Lt_Saburo_Sakamura #11 Posted Aug 08 2015 - 11:23

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 31 battles
  • 114
  • Member since:
    02-15-2014

In the EU Forum Atcams has made a very good tutorial to do exactly what you want to. But Paint.net is absolutely inadequate for this purpose, due to the lack for reworking the Alpha channels.

Using GIMP 2.8 or Photoshop is a must !!

Here is the LINK to the Tutorial and it is highly recommended to do this exactly how  atcams  is showing it in his post.

LINK:

http://forum.worldof...odds-after-099/

 


Edited by Lt_Saburo_Sakamura, Aug 08 2015 - 11:25.


Deputy276 #12 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 21:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 17259 battles
  • 4,584
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

Sorry to necro this thread. But I couldn't help it. Too bad this skin doesn't work in 0.9.20.1. It's a really nice looking skin. Also agree that it would be VERY cool if you could mount the normal L/70 gun with the muzzle brake. There is a guy on the Euro Forums who makes mods/skins that returns tanks with goofy changes like the Panther L/100 barrel back to it's historical appearance, but you still keep the gun. His name is Sgt_Krollnikow51. His thread is here:

 

http://forum.worldof...s-tank-factory/

 

He has some fantastic stuff.there. But you need 250 battles on the Euro server to post there. You can PM him though.

 



wookiee_monster #13 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 11:15

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19274 battles
  • 248
  • Member since:
    09-01-2011

View PostDeputy276, on Oct 18 2017 - 21:46, said:

Sorry to necro this thread. But I couldn't help it. Too bad this skin doesn't work in 0.9.20.1. It's a really nice looking skin. Also agree that it would be VERY cool if you could mount the normal L/70 gun with the muzzle brake. There is a guy on the Euro Forums who makes mods/skins that returns tanks with goofy changes like the Panther L/100 barrel back to it's historical appearance, but you still keep the gun. His name is Sgt_Krollnikow51. His thread is here:

 

http://forum.worldof...s-tank-factory/

 

He has some fantastic stuff.there. But you need 250 battles on the Euro server to post there. You can PM him though.

 

 

Sorry if you're having problems but its working for me. Try re-downloading and installing :)

Deputy276 #14 Posted Oct 21 2017 - 01:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 17259 battles
  • 4,584
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

View Postwookie_monster, on Oct 19 2017 - 04:15, said:

 

Sorry if you're having problems but its working for me. Try re-downloading and installing :)

 

Please accept my apologies. It DOES work! I just had to exit WOT and re-start it for it to appear.  And it is BEAUTIFUL!!! Well done sir! :)

Edited by Deputy276, Oct 21 2017 - 01:12.


Desyatnik_Pansy_NA #15 Posted Oct 21 2017 - 01:20

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 20 battles
  • 119
  • Member since:
    10-05-2016

View PostDeputy276, on Oct 18 2017 - 21:46, said:

Also agree that it would be VERY cool if you could mount the normal L/70 gun with the muzzle brake.

 

Assuming it isn't already done by Krollnikow and if Wookie wants it, I could potentially do that for you though I'll save the skinning part for Wookie to do. :P



wookiee_monster #16 Posted Oct 21 2017 - 11:20

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19274 battles
  • 248
  • Member since:
    09-01-2011

Um, so i was having a look at Krolinhow's stuff and saw that he has used some of my artwork in his skins without asking. Not very cool.

http://i.imgur.com/nkniIPc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/a6Qbl8G.jpg

 


Edited by wookie_monster, Oct 22 2017 - 08:29.






Also tagged with panther, m10, medium, skin, hd

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users