7 replies to this topic

DudeWhereIsMyTank #1 Posted Jun 28 2011 - 19:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15253 battles
  • [-FOG-] -FOG-
Problem 1)
This is something new I noticed.
About 10 times now I hit a tank which is at a very low health. I get message "we hit him" etc...
However kill seems to go to some one else.
Anyone else sees this?

Problem 2)
From Lowe I shot PzIV and got message "Penetration" however PzIV remained at 100%. This was at about 100m range

http://wot.comli.com...-12-14&flaga=ca

jtwatsn #2 Posted Jun 28 2011 - 19:51

Private

• Players
  • 7651 battles
Yes, I've actually experienced this a couple of times - kill going to someone else.  I thought I had seen something about this issue not too long ago.  I didn't read the information, so I'm not sure if dev is aware of it and looking at a fix or not.

del1000886538 #3 Posted Jun 28 2011 - 19:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 1125 battles
Well,you can hit someone n knock them down to 1% n then someone hits him that last time n gets the kill.But,you more n likely got more xp/cr than the one that killed that tank.I used to get ticked off till I realized that,myself.

Ironmonger69 #4 Posted Jun 28 2011 - 20:18

Major

• Players
  • 7146 battles
If someone else sets him on fire, you hit him and knock him down to 1% and fire gobbles that last percent, the kill will go to the shooter who set the fire (because the fire finished him off).  Also entirely possible someone else hit him at the same time as you, just a split second behind, and finished him off.  I see simultaneous hits like that all the time.  (Get hit that way sometimes, too!)

You can hit them without doing hitpoint damage.  This usually means you've damaged a module or crewman inside the tank (spall).  I suggest reading the wiki or Overlord to get a graps on the hit and damage mechanics, because it's a lot more complicated than you would think for.

EDIT: I also think there may be a bug in the trigger for crew comments, as some never get said when they should, and others seem to spout out when there's no reason.

2nd Edit: (dang, i'm getting sloppy) What I have noticed lately is a lag in the system in showing damage from a hit, up to two seconds, where I would think entirely possible for multiple hits to be recorded but only updated once.

DudeWhereIsMyTank #5 Posted Jun 28 2011 - 21:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15253 battles
  • [-FOG-] -FOG-

View PostIronmonger69, on Jun 28 2011 - 20:18, said:

You can hit them without doing hitpoint damage.  This usually means you've damaged a module or crewman inside the tank (spall).  I suggest reading the wiki or Overlord to get a graps on the hit and damage mechanics, because it's a lot more complicated than you would think for.

2nd Edit: (dang, i'm getting sloppy) What I have noticed lately is a lag in the system in showing damage from a hit, up to two seconds, where I would think entirely possible for multiple hits to be recorded but only updated once.

1) I doubt the first one since this is 10.5 cm Lowe gun that should be able to easily do more than just cause spall.
Also this is something I noticed only very recently, I never saw this before.

2) I kept checking that PzIV and its health did not go down until I hit him with next shot (long time since this is Lowe)

Snuzz #6 Posted Jun 29 2011 - 00:44

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 6983 battles
  • [-VETS] -VETS
I have shot and killed someone without getting credit.  I even get the orange message with the tanks name but my kill score does not increase.  Not really worried about it because my experience gained at the end seems to reflect it.

Falken #7 Posted Jun 29 2011 - 11:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 11615 battles
Has anyone had this issue (I have) you fire on a tank (tonight it was about 10m or so) there icon flash white (signals a hit) leaves a hole in there armor but your crew says nothing? They take no damage, there tank was at 100% and never moved. I understand that a lot of critical hits you cannot see but to the best of my knowledge nothing has happened to them other than you wasted a rounded and reload time.

Just curious if anyone else had this happen to them.

jiggyjiggy #8 Posted Jun 29 2011 - 20:51

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 2465 battles
If I am understanding this, if you hit a tank and get a "critical hit" message but there is no damage, this means you have damaged something or someone on the tank. But what happens when they say "it went right through", but there is no damage?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users