Wot tactic planner (wottactic.com)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Did you try the alternative ui ? (3 members have cast votes)

Which one do you like best ?

1. Old ui (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. New ui (3 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Kalid #21 Posted Mar 29 2016 - 09:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 43 battles

Hi everyone. I wanted to thank everyone for your trust. wottactic has gone from 2-3k daily visitors to 8-9k daily visitors over the last month.

I'm currently gathering some input, so if you have the time, fill in this very short survey.

Kalid #22 Posted May 10 2016 - 10:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 43 battles

Now that's all quiet again after the campaign I've had time to work on a few features, including:

• Added a highlight of the user making changes or pinging
  • Added zoom in/out with the scrollwheel and panning while holding the right or middle mouse button
  • Added a ruler tool to measure distances and a tool to draw circles with a radius in m
  • Added the maps from http://wotbase.net as an alternative, as some people prefer those
  • You can now load a map from a link rather than choose a pre-selected one
  • Speed and usability improvements

I got a few comments about a colorblind mode, but I'm not exactly sure on how to do that. I guess I would change the red cap to purple like in the colorblind mode in game. I can change the default drawing colors as well. Anything else ?

Edited by Kalid, May 12 2016 - 15:43.

Kalid #23 Posted May 29 2016 - 01:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 43 battles

I've been experimenting a little bit with the interface. You might have noticed the 'try a different ui button'. Give it a try, vote in the poll above. And tell me what you think the ui should look like ? I think the map must remain as big as possible, but other than that I'm very much open to suggestions. 

That page is also using pixi v4 instead of pixi v3 for rendering, which is a pretty major update. It brings some performance improvements and works fine on the browsers I tried it on, but if it does anything weird, let me know. 

Edited by Kalid, May 29 2016 - 01:49.

Str8UpJack #24 Posted Aug 02 2016 - 21:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 11 battles
 I have trouble naming the slides for some reason... Maybe it's just a Safari thing but I can type in the name of a slide but the only way to make the name stick is to hit the +1 slide button.  It then creates a new slide and names the original and the new one, same name.  I can't seem to get each slide to have a different name ( i.e. a different player's name for each slide ) 

Kalid #25 Posted Aug 03 2016 - 11:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 43 battles

It should update the slide name when text input field loses focus, basically when you click anywhere else. I added the enter button as an alternative.

I have to admit, it could be Safari related. I don't have a mac pc. I do test it on an ipad and safari for windows from time to time but neither are really the same. But the first is not exactly the same and the later hasn't been updated since 2012. So if you have any issues on safari it would be very helpful if you let me know.

Kalid #26 Posted Aug 30 2016 - 12:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 43 battles

A friendly pre-campaign reminder, I think this is still the best cw planning tool out there.

Kalid #27 Posted Oct 21 2016 - 12:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 43 battles

Things are still improving. including but not limited to

• Better quality drawing
  • Much improved zoom support
  • Faster and more responsive than ever
  • Added the new wot minimaps

I've also added a little forum to gather and share my thought and suggestions on where to go from here.

Kalid #28 Posted Jan 17 2017 - 20:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 43 battles

Just a heads up that wottactic is still here for all your planning needs.

And while you're there, check out the stats tracking on wottactic. It's still a work in progress, but take a look and tell me what you think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users