★ Charioteer Review: The Scout with an Orbital Laser Cannon ★

Charioteer Review Tier 8 Tank Destroyer Scout Medium Scorpiany Scorp Scouting Sniping

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Dekaeon_Jones #21 Posted Sep 06 2015 - 07:10

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19808 battles
Thanks for the indepth review. I've been grinding the line for a while. After playing the Challenger for the last couple of weeks I was about to give up. Maybe I'll just throw some free xp that way and keep moving, the tank sounds like a lot of fun.

ToothDecay #22 Posted Sep 06 2015 - 07:41

Major

• Players
  • 25304 battles
  • [NARC] NARC

I gave up after the Challenger.  It was bad bad bad.

I may try this guy.

Thankx, Scorp !

Grand_Cookie #23 Posted Sep 06 2015 - 14:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20002 battles
This is the only vehicle in the line that really interested me. I busted out the Achilles super quick but put off buying the challenger forever but I finally bought it a few weeks ago and almost have its modules done. Looks like a fantastic tank.

Scorpiany #24 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 03:57

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 30256 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
This guide has finally been updated for 9.20.1. Despite the 3 years of powercreep, the Charioteer remains one of the best, if not the best, Tier 8 tanks in the game. The doubling of its gun depression has helped secure its place at the very top, for as long as the eye can see.

Avalon304 #25 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 09:23

Major

• Players
  • 16862 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostScorpiany, on Oct 26 2017 - 19:57, said:

This guide has finally been updated for 9.20.1. Despite the 3 years of powercreep, the Charioteer remains one of the best, if not the best, Tier 8 tanks in the game. The doubling of its gun depression has helped secure its place at the very top, for as long as the eye can see.

I feel as if the gun depression buff has made it slightly OP. It was already so good before.

Doomslinger__ #26 Posted Oct 31 2017 - 05:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles
I liked it before the buff but the lack of good gun depression could make it a bit irritating to play. Now they have fixed that problem. I prefer it over the Scorpion G because the Charioteer has better camo values for being all sneaky.

churchill50 #27 Posted Nov 05 2017 - 02:14

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13652 battles

After reading this guide a while back, I decided to grind the Challenger and then free xp the Charioteer's modules. Sadly, I hated the thing. Part of the problem was the fact that I was a much worse player then, especially in TDs. The other part of the problem was that I felt like it was a TD that I wanted to like for it's flexibility, but that liking was destroyed by the horrible gun depression (I did of course start playing it right after playing the US meds, so I was addicted to gun depression). Finally, I was using Rammer, Camo Net, and Binocs, instead of Rammer, GLD, and Binocs, which really did a number to my enjoyment of it.

However, lately, after the 9.20.1 buffs, I redeemed it and tried it again, and man, I have to say I can't think of a tier 8 I would rather play, especially in the current matchmaker. The tank is absolutely glorious, and possibly even a bit OP. It is an absolute joy to play. I've liked it so much that I put a female commander in it.

Plus, the model is awesome. In my opinion, this tank is one of the best looking tanks in the game.

I only have two regrets with this tank at the moment. First is that marks of excellence are broken, which has prevented me from getting at least 1 and possibly 2 marks on the tank. The second is that I now have to decide whether to move my crew on to the Conway or keep them in the Charioteer.

Doomslinger__ #28 Posted Nov 05 2017 - 18:49

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles

View Postchurchill50, on Nov 04 2017 - 21:14, said:

After reading this guide a while back, I decided to grind the Challenger and then free xp the Charioteer's modules. Sadly, I hated the thing. Part of the problem was the fact that I was a much worse player then, especially in TDs. The other part of the problem was that I felt like it was a TD that I wanted to like for it's flexibility, but that liking was destroyed by the horrible gun depression (I did of course start playing it right after playing the US meds, so I was addicted to gun depression). Finally, I was using Rammer, Camo Net, and Binocs, instead of Rammer, GLD, and Binocs, which really did a number to my enjoyment of it.

However, lately, after the 9.20.1 buffs, I redeemed it and tried it again, and man, I have to say I can't think of a tier 8 I would rather play, especially in the current matchmaker. The tank is absolutely glorious, and possibly even a bit OP. It is an absolute joy to play. I've liked it so much that I put a female commander in it.

Plus, the model is awesome. In my opinion, this tank is one of the best looking tanks in the game.

I only have two regrets with this tank at the moment. First is that marks of excellence are broken, which has prevented me from getting at least 1 and possibly 2 marks on the tank. The second is that I now have to decide whether to move my crew on to the Conway or keep them in the Charioteer.

I suggest you run food consumable on it. It is one of the tanks in the game that really improves with food.

churchill50 #29 Posted Nov 06 2017 - 05:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13652 battles

View PostDoomslinger__, on Nov 05 2017 - 10:49, said:

I suggest you run food consumable on it. It is one of the tanks in the game that really improves with food.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try that as soon as these tier 8 marathons are over. Right now I'm losing credits too quickly using my E 100 for the Schwarzpanzer missions to use it on Food.

ElwoodP #30 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 13:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13135 battles

View PostWAWps4, on Sep 04 2015 - 17:33, said:

Basically, this tank is not for your average pub. Rule of thumb is if you're not good at this game drive more armored tanks, the better you are the less you rely on armor. 

While i agree with this statement I have to say that, for me, playing in a "no armor" tank has improved my playing. I take the dumbest risks when I have a little more armor.

Ill probably never make 50% but at least I am enjoying the game again.

As far as the Charioteer, I haven't played since the buff to the gun depression. I assume I am going to like the Charioteer more now than I did at first.

I really like the Challenger.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users