Can You Purchase a Tank on One Server and Play it on Another?

M56 Scorpion

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

deepinthesticks #1 Posted Sep 09 2015 - 17:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75853 battles

I play WoT exclusively on the NA servers. A few days ago, I received an email from Wargaming concerning the M56 Scorpion Bundle. From what I could see on the Wiki & read in the forums, it seems like a highly situational TD and also to be of limited use as a crew trainer as the crew positions don't match up with most of the U.S. tank destroyers. Despite these considerations, I went ahead and bought the bundle as I'm kind of a tank collector.

I immediately got an email from Wargaming which states in part: "Thank you for your purchase in the the Wargaming.net Premium Shop.  The items you purchased have been transferred to the account deepinthesticks and are available in the game."

That was around 6 PM Central Time yesterday (Sept. 8). The Scorpion never showed up in my garage last night, and as of 8:45 or so this morning there was still no sign of it. I'm at work now and won't have access to the game client until I get home this evening. I'm wondering if maybe I have a garage on the EU server with only the default tier 1 tanks and a shiny new and unused M56 in it. The only reason I even have an account on the EU server is one day I was looking on the EU WoT forums for some info I had been unable to find on the NA forums and you couldn't do a forum search w/o being logged in.

callmecrazy #2 Posted Sep 09 2015 - 17:38

Major

• Players
  • 12719 battles
No playing between servers.

lenticular #3 Posted Sep 09 2015 - 17:39

Captain

• Players
  • 33655 battles

Nope.

You indeed bought the tank with your EU account. The Scorpion is only available there. It cannot be transferred to NA. I'd see if you can get your money back.

(One would think someone with 50,000 battles would know better. But your forum avatar says you're not too sharp.)

SGT_LIPT0N #4 Posted Sep 09 2015 - 17:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10425 battles
  • [L0ST] L0ST

I'm going to say that it will not.

This goes along the same lines as trying to swap your account from one region to another. WG won't do it. If you did buy it on your EU account, that is probably where it is. That's unfortunate if you exclusively play the NA servers, cuz that means you're gonna have to fork out another round of cash if you want it on your NA account. It hasn't been released for the NA yet either. The first 2 were the 59/Patton and this week the KV-5. 

If i were you i'd try to submit a ticket and tell them you signed into the wrong account and see what they can do for you. 99% sure, they're going to basically say, "too bad and make sure you log into the region you want to purchase this tank on is the correct one next time". 

Good luck and I hope it works out for ya cuz that'll be $50 down the drain if not... 

SAC_DADDY #5 Posted Sep 09 2015 - 17:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 22 battles
  • [WOLF] WOLF

View Postdeepinthesticks, on Sep 09 2015 - 17:32, said:

I play WoT exclusively on the NA servers. A few days ago, I received an email from Wargaming concerning the M56 Scorpion Bundle. From what I could see on the Wiki & read in the forums, it seems like a highly situational TD and also to be of limited use as a crew trainer as the crew positions don't match up with most of the U.S. tank destroyers. Despite these considerations, I went ahead and bought the bundle as I'm kind of a tank collector.

I immediately got an email from Wargaming which states in part: "Thank you for your purchase in the the Wargaming.net Premium Shop.  The items you purchased have been transferred to the account deepinthesticks and are available in the game."

That was around 6 PM Central Time yesterday (Sept. 8). The Scorpion never showed up in my garage last night, and as of 8:45 or so this morning there was still no sign of it. I'm at work now and won't have access to the game client until I get home this evening. I'm wondering if maybe I have a garage on the EU server with only the default tier 1 tanks and a shiny new and unused M56 in it. The only reason I even have an account on the EU server is one day I was looking on the EU WoT forums for some info I had been unable to find on the NA forums and you couldn't do a forum search w/o being logged in.

No and now you're in the tricky position of trying to get your money back from WG EU. Whatever you do DO NOT play that tank on your EU account. Once you do they take the position that you knew what you were doing and make it harder to get that refund. Worse case scenario, do a chargeback and your EU account will be locked until the whole mess is sorted out.

MapleOne #6 Posted Sep 09 2015 - 17:55

Major

• Players
  • 22324 battles
  • [25CDN] 25CDN
If the tank still has zero battle and i looks like it has, WG will refund the purchase. 

Edited by MapleOne, Sep 09 2015 - 17:55.

Thoringer #7 Posted Sep 09 2015 - 18:08

Major

• Players
  • 20752 battles

View Postlenticular, on Sep 09 2015 - 10:39, said:

(One would think someone with 50,000 battles would know better. But your forum avatar says you're not too sharp.)

...and I thought that posting it here instead of sending a ticket would be a dead giveaway. Man. I gotta learn the nuances.

deepinthesticks #8 Posted Sep 11 2015 - 18:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75853 battles

I sent a ticket to Wargaming EU support on Wednesday asking to "withdraw from a purchase contract" which is their term for asking for a refund. I got a reply late Thursday asking for a screenshot showing the charge in question on my bank credit card statement. This just seemed like a stalling tactic to me as I'm sure they can review my account and see the purchase. In any event I supplied the requested screenshot. The transaction shows as a pending transaction (approved transaction that hasn't posted to your account but has been deducted from your available credit, if the merchant doesn't complete the transaction the temporary charges will be removed). I also sent a screenshot of the confirmation email I got from them when I bought the Scorpion - which included the following language:

"Dear deepinthesticks!

Thank you for your purchase in the the Wargaming.net Premium Shop.  The items you purchased have been transferred to the account deepinthesticks and are available in the game. 

Purchase information:

Bundle you purchased: "Collector's Gem of the Week: M56 Scorpion"
Bundle cost: 49.99 EUR
Order number: 094e9c14567e11e5b78038eaa78b2fac
Transaction ID: 24919271
Payment method: CreditCard (Pensio)
Date and time of purchase: 2015-09-08 23:06:18 UTC

You have the right to withdraw from this purchase contract within 14 calendar days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period will expire after 14 calendar days from the day of the conclusion of this purchase contract..."

About two hours later I got an email from Wargaming EU saying they "cancelled my payment".

I think that takes care of it but I'll be checking my credit card statement to make sure.

Also tagged with M56 Scorpion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users