SlyGambit, on Sep 10 2015 - 13:50, said:
Just a few things.
1) Is it possible to register these in the future as a clan? It seems unnecessary to require sign-up particularly for a preseason. You can put a rule in place regarding length of time someone is in a clan prior to participation if there is a concern with stacking a clan league team prior to a battle or later in a tournament.
2) Please consider either doing this later in the day or possibly setting two divisions based on timezones. You've effectively excluded a significant amount (most?) of the working US population from participation on a workday.
3) Pertaining to my own clans participation we never submitted our team for the preseason and at one point I told members to stop signing up after I realized the early start time. Yet our team was approved. I don't do a lot of tournaments but traditionally I've had to actually submit a team for approval. No idea why this was any different.
1) I agree, though shojo in particular had no issues managing our roster changes, just send email and they'll do it asap in our experience for preseason.
2) Nah, 2000 EST is 8pm and population im pretty sure is more eastern than western
SlyGambit, on Sep 10 2015 - 14:58, said:
I think it's 1700 PT and 2000 ET. Which means they only exclude about 1/2 the population of the US/Canada/Mexico and a few entire countries in South America. Since WGNA is based on the West Coast you'd think they'd be particularly aware of how difficult it is to play games at that time.
You'd -think- that.
Seriously would love to participate but since my clan members have the temerity to have families that generally can't be fed from earning gold in skirmishes they usually aren't around until later. Since they've killed off TX CW completely it'd be nice to get some TX battles on occasion. Even with the early start I'm sure we would have been able to make a few here or there but since not everyone signed up the chances of having 14 online who registered are slim and none.
Once again though, getting half the population is better than getting only 1/4th. You can't make everyone happy and that is fact especially when it comes to time. I would recommend just hyping people up about clan league from the very beginning and making constant reminders (well we may be different here since we have different demographic so idk).