• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

SlyGambit #1 Posted Sep 10 2015 - 19:50

Captain

• Players
  • 26587 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

Just a few things. 

1) Is it possible to register these in the future as a clan?  It seems unnecessary to require sign-up particularly for a preseason.  You can put a rule in place regarding length of time someone is in a clan prior to participation if there is a concern with stacking a clan league team prior to a battle or later in a tournament.

2) Please consider either doing this later in the day or possibly setting two divisions based on timezones.  You've effectively excluded a significant amount (most?) of the working US population from participation on a workday.  

3)  Pertaining to my own clans participation we never submitted our team for the preseason and at one point I told members to stop signing up after I realized the early start time.  Yet our team was approved.  I don't do a lot of tournaments but traditionally I've had to actually submit a team for approval.  No idea why this was any different.

Edited by SlyGambit, Sep 10 2015 - 19:53.

blackzaru #2 Posted Sep 10 2015 - 20:09

Major

• Players
  • 20578 battles
  • [UBH-T] UBH-T

View PostSlyGambit, on Sep 10 2015 - 19:50, said:

2) Please consider either doing this later in the day or possibly setting two divisions based on timezones.  You've effectively excluded a significant amount (most?) of the working US population from participation on a workday.  

What are you talking about? 17:00 Eastern is perfectly fine. It's totally not the time at which people finishing at 16:00-17:00 are commuting back home on the east coast. Nor is 14:00 a bad time for people on the west coast... It's totally the best single moment to set fights and display NA's best of the best, after all, as every pubbies say: "The only way to be in a top clan is to be on well-fare, F###ing no life hacker.".

As usual:

SlyGambit #3 Posted Sep 10 2015 - 20:58

Captain

• Players
  • 26587 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View Postblackzaru, on Sep 10 2015 - 14:09, said:

What are you talking about? 17:00 Eastern is perfectly fine. It's totally not the time at which people finishing at 16:00-17:00 are commuting back home on the east coast. Nor is 14:00 a bad time for people on the west coast... It's totally the best single moment to set fights and display NA's best of the best, after all, as every pubbies say: "The only way to be in a top clan is to be on well-fare, F###ing no life hacker.".

As usual:

I think it's 1700 PT and 2000 ET.  Which means they only exclude about 1/2 the population of the US/Canada/Mexico and a few entire countries in South America.  Since WGNA is based on the West Coast you'd think they'd be particularly aware of how difficult it is to play games at that time.    

You'd -think- that.

Seriously would love to participate but since my clan members have the temerity to have families that generally can't be fed from earning gold in skirmishes they usually aren't around until later.   Since they've killed off TX CW completely it'd be nice to get some TX battles on occasion.  Even with the early start I'm sure we would have been able to make a few here or there but since not everyone signed up the chances of having 14 online who registered are slim and none.

Edited by SlyGambit, Sep 10 2015 - 20:59.

Allu_o7o7o7 #4 Posted Sep 10 2015 - 21:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 20477 battles
They're very aware... I think you'll find that WG schedules them that early so that their pacific based staff can administer them on the clock.

Banish #5 Posted Sep 11 2015 - 01:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 17847 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
Wargaming still thinks that the early time-zone is the most active for Clan Activities. :facepalm:

veganzombiez #6 Posted Sep 15 2015 - 01:07

Production

• Administrator
  • 14320 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostSlyGambit, on Sep 10 2015 - 10:50, said:

Just a few things. 

1) Is it possible to register these in the future as a clan?  It seems unnecessary to require sign-up particularly for a preseason.  You can put a rule in place regarding length of time someone is in a clan prior to participation if there is a concern with stacking a clan league team prior to a battle or later in a tournament.

3)  Pertaining to my own clans participation we never submitted our team for the preseason and at one point I told members to stop signing up after I realized the early start time.  Yet our team was approved.  I don't do a lot of tournaments but traditionally I've had to actually submit a team for approval.  No idea why this was any different.

1) Clans are getting into the inaugural season via Qualifying Points from the preseason, so making the clan league team for preseason was sort of necessary this time around.

2) We went with something simpler for the inaugural season, but as we may consider more divisions, times can also change.  There will be more discussion after the season ends.

3) If you clicked "Create Team", and met the requirements, the team would likely have been automatically approved.  You can make any adjustments or pull out of matches/preseason via the tournaments email: tournaments-na@wargaming.net

Fulcrous #7 Posted Sep 15 2015 - 02:08

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 28854 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

Will anything be done about the teams/clans that sign up but don't even bother to show multiple times?

I mean, sure. Free gold. But honestly it's so disappointing when we get no fights.

Pretty sure it won't happen at all in Champions but honestly. What's the point of having a league if people are allowed to sign up and repeatedly tech? It's almost as bad as chipping only to tech in CW1.0.

Edited by Fulcrous, Sep 15 2015 - 02:08.

GWBIV #8 Posted Sep 15 2015 - 07:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20695 battles

View PostFulcrous, on Sep 14 2015 - 20:08, said:

Will anything be done about the teams/clans that sign up but don't even bother to show multiple times?

I mean, sure. Free gold. But honestly it's so disappointing when we get no fights.

Pretty sure it won't happen at all in Champions but honestly. What's the point of having a league if people are allowed to sign up and repeatedly tech? It's almost as bad as chipping only to tech in CW1.0.

Yea this kind of goes back to the OP. We had I think 36 signed up initially then went through a bit of roster turnover leaving us with a lot of new guys who wanted to play but who weren't in the clan when we initially signed up. Would make a lot more sense to have it open to all current members.

Fulcrous #9 Posted Sep 15 2015 - 07:32

Major

• 28854 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostGWBIV, on Sep 14 2015 - 22:19, said:

Yea this kind of goes back to the OP. We had I think 36 signed up initially then went through a bit of roster turnover leaving us with a lot of new guys who wanted to play but who weren't in the clan when we initially signed up. Would make a lot more sense to have it open to all current members.

you can add members via email vegan provided for Q3.

Although I don't see why this can't be automated.

ViolentViolet #10 Posted Sep 15 2015 - 17:10

Major

• Players
  • 48406 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
I did send an email to WG about roster changes and stuff. Does anyone know if they reply? Or do I just take the silence as a confirmed? 

veganzombiez #11 Posted Sep 15 2015 - 17:10

Production

• Administrator
  • 14320 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostFulcrous, on Sep 14 2015 - 17:08, said:

Tech vics should be sent to the same email: tournaments-na@wargaming.net

I don't think they're automatically tracked via the tournaments system the way they are in Clan Wars.  I'll need to check more on the technical side of that.

EatsRocks #12 Posted Sep 15 2015 - 17:33

Captain

• Players
  • 15105 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO

View PostViolentViolet, on Sep 15 2015 - 12:10, said:

I did send an email to WG about roster changes and stuff. Does anyone know if they reply? Or do I just take the silence as a confirmed? 

They  did for me actually. It might depend on who's on the email at that time. Example reply to me:

"They've been added.

-Hyp"

ViolentViolet #13 Posted Sep 15 2015 - 21:13

Major

• Players
  • 48406 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
thanks

Fulcrous #14 Posted Sep 16 2015 - 06:23

Major

• 28854 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postveganzombiez, on Sep 15 2015 - 08:10, said:

Tech vics should be sent to the same email: tournaments-na@wargaming.net

I don't think they're automatically tracked via the tournaments system the way they are in Clan Wars.  I'll need to check more on the technical side of that.

Okay, will do.

BoilerBandsman #15 Posted Sep 19 2015 - 02:33

Captain

• Players
  • 11391 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
The group tables are gone from the tournament page?

veganzombiez #16 Posted Sep 22 2015 - 02:21

Production

• Administrator
  • 14320 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostBoilerBandsman, on Sep 18 2015 - 17:33, said:

The group tables are gone from the tournament page?

The ones from the Preseason are at the bottom of this page.

Scratch_Them #17 Posted Nov 21 2015 - 14:58

Private

• Players
  • 18422 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
When can we choose our reward tanks from clan league?

Auden #18 Posted Nov 22 2015 - 17:37

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 9656 battles
Yeah, getting into the battle is kinda hard when they pop at 4:50 and you don't get off work until 5.

map381 #19 Posted Nov 22 2015 - 21:09

Captain

• Players
  • 19140 battles
  • [REL_3] REL_3
Goes the other way, too.  Kinda hard to stay up until midnight when you get up a 230am.  *shrug*  people will always be unhappy

A_Cute_Girl #20 Posted Nov 25 2015 - 04:17

Major

• Players
  • 14717 battles
  • [SHOJO] SHOJO

View PostSlyGambit, on Sep 10 2015 - 13:50, said:

Just a few things. 

1) I agree, though shojo in particular had no issues managing our roster changes, just send email and they'll do it asap in our experience for preseason.

2) Nah, 2000 EST is 8pm and population im pretty sure is more eastern than western

View PostSlyGambit, on Sep 10 2015 - 14:58, said:

I think it's 1700 PT and 2000 ET.  Which means they only exclude about 1/2 the population of the US/Canada/Mexico and a few entire countries in South America.  Since WGNA is based on the West Coast you'd think they'd be particularly aware of how difficult it is to play games at that time.    

You'd -think- that.

Seriously would love to participate but since my clan members have the temerity to have families that generally can't be fed from earning gold in skirmishes they usually aren't around until later.   Since they've killed off TX CW completely it'd be nice to get some TX battles on occasion.  Even with the early start I'm sure we would have been able to make a few here or there but since not everyone signed up the chances of having 14 online who registered are slim and none.

Once again though, getting half the population is better than getting only 1/4th. You can't make everyone happy and that is fact especially when it comes to time. I would recommend just hyping people up about clan league from the very beginning and making constant reminders (well we may be different here since we have different demographic so idk).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users