• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

GhostPrime #1 Posted Sep 11 2015 - 19:48

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Tankers! 

It's time for new Physics Public test! Please post your feedback on this version of the common test here in this thread. 

Patch notes:

Spoiler

nekojima #2 Posted Sep 11 2015 - 19:56

Captain

• Players
  • 36250 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

I unchecked the torrent for the download (as its usually considerably slower), at around 50% received an error about the HTTP download. Had to switch back to torrent. Though luckily it didn't have to redownload the first half of the setup file. Torrent is very slow, not just in comparison, but generally slow. First time that error has happened to me, where the HTTP has failed to download or has halted mid-download.

1lt_wert #3 Posted Sep 11 2015 - 20:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24153 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

If I download the client, it will take 10 to 12 hours. Then it will be too late to play. and during that time I will be unable to play any online games or stream video. 

If the test had started tomorrow, I could have downloaded it while I slept. Also if the test was for 48 hours I could do the same. As it is now I will be unable to participate.

Phloyd113 #4 Posted Sep 11 2015 - 20:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14967 battles

Why is this more important than your failing MatchMaker? Why is THIS topic pinned when the MatchMaker, with complaints every day, not being pinned?

Just how do you think making this trivial topic a pinned one makes the rest of us feel about the biggest problem you have - the MatchMaker?

Think I'll remove the bookmark for Wargaming.net as it shows that I am playing a game that has poor priorities.

Kamahl1234 #5 Posted Sep 11 2015 - 20:19

Major

• Players
  • 17836 battles

View PostPhloyd113, on Sep 11 2015 - 19:13, said:

Why is this more important than your failing MatchMaker? Why is THIS topic pinned when the MatchMaker, with complaints every day, not being pinned?

Just how do you think making this trivial topic a pinned one makes the rest of us feel about the biggest problem you have - the MatchMaker?

Think I'll remove the bookmark for Wargaming.net as it shows that I am playing a game that has poor priorities.

You do realize that development takes time and cannot keep up with demands of forums, right?

People demanded the ability to flip tanks a good while ago, we're finally getting there.

MM is the buzz word today, but I haven't had too much issue with it myself. It may not be perfect, but it works. 

You may disagree, but unfortunately, you aren't a dev, and being a player tends to get one to focus more on certain issues, when they may not be the biggest issues with things.

SACEUR #6 Posted Sep 11 2015 - 20:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38549 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on Sep 11 2015 - 10:48, said:

Tankers! 

It's time for new Physics Public test! Please post your feedback on this version of the common test here in this thread. 

Patch notes:

Spoiler

Here's my feedback: Contact your Russian counterparts and tell them, if they want more people to actually TEST new features instead of just trolling around trying out the tanks they've always wanted to try, then they need to change the TK system to be MUCH MORE punitive.

Look at all the amount of team damage from just the three games I was able to play before I just GAVE UP on the test server. I have another 6 pictures but I just got tired and left it at this.

WG needs to implement a STRICT 1 TK= 1hour ban, 2 TK = 1 DAY ban and the 3rd TK will result in a BAN from the next TWO Test Servers. You want people to test your freaking product then eliminate the useless pond scum that always disrupt the system.

Edited by SACEUR, Sep 11 2015 - 21:03.

WarMongers #7 Posted Sep 11 2015 - 20:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12242 battles
Need a no team damage test....  

Scorpiany #8 Posted Sep 11 2015 - 21:31

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 29678 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

Reserved. I intend on writing out a very detailed bit of feedback about all of the various aspects of the new physics; pros and cons, suggestions, bugs, etc. Will edit with feedback in a couple of hours.

Edit: Still to be updated with more info.

Pros:

• Tanks feel like tanks now - they aren't stopped by tiny objects or terrain features, and don't just "stop" when tracked. It actually feels as though you're driving 10-150 ton vehicles now.
  • Flipping tanks is good. It's difficult to do, but is a good change to have. It also makes people pay for their stupidity (if they do something to flip themselves), but at the same time, encourages teamwork. The 30 second timer is enough time for an ally to flip you back over; and if you can't be saved, it will just encourage you to play better the next time.
  • It's easier to push tanks out of the way, especially dead ones - you no longer get stopped by small destroyed vehicles. This is good for gameplay in my opinion.
  • Unrelated to the physics, but when applying Emblems & Inscriptions, if you leave a category without selecting a vinyl, your last seen category is remembered - meaning if you scroll to the four leaf clover, but switch to Inscriptions without selecting the clover, when you go back to the Emblems section, you will still be in the section of Emblems where the clover is; you don't have to find it a second time. Strange & unrelated, but a good change.
  • Tanks can stall out on various terrain; snow especially. It makes driving interesting
  • Tanks do indeed feel heavier, especially tanks with more weight.
  • It's a very good change, for tanks not losing speed when driving over small objects such as fences or small trees. Makes the tanks feel more like tanks; and is better for gameplay.
  • Tanks not losing as much speed on turns is good

Neutrals:

• You can now track yourself by ramming into walls, rocks or dead tanks. It's... interesting? Not sure how it will affect gameplay.
  • Tank needs to "accelerate" to its traverse speed - you don't start off traversing at say, 46degrees/second as in the 113; you need to get to that traverse speed, which you can do after a couple of seconds. Also not sure whether it's good or bad for gameplay.
  • You lose HP when crashing into obstacles at high speeds; you can now destroy your tank by hitting a dead vehicle, rock, wall, etc.
  • It's almost too easy to get up various terrain. It will be interesting for gameplay, but seeing KanonJagpanzer's just flying over bump, rock and hill after bump, rock and hill as though they aren't there...? Interesting...
  • Light tanks can flip over like crazy; MT-25 drifts more easily than ever before. Interesting, but once again not sure whether it's good or bad for gameplay.
  • Despite tanks feeling heavier, there are times when on certain terrain, they slide around or jump in ways not expected from 45-55 ton tanks.

Cons:

• Tanks no longer reach their top speed unless they're going downhill, and even going downhill they flat out at their maximum speed; no longer exceeding it. I feel as though this is a negative change for the gameplay of tanks which rely on their mobility.
  • Police turns for light tanks occur too quickly - the tank swings around with minimal effort as though it were a racecar, which they aren't. Make the turns slower; add the feel of vehicle weight into those police turns. MT-25 for example, despite being 25 tons, can swing around in a tenth of a second. For heavier tanks such as the E-50M, it feels just fine. It's the light tanks which were seemingly messed up.
  • It's very easy to jump over another tank and "bounce" off. On Sand River when jumping tanks over others, the tanks simply "bounced" off as though they landed on a trampoline rather than a hard object. In addition, tracks still don't function properly when on top of a flat engine deck of another vehicle.
  • Tracks don't break upon hard landings; counter-intuitive.
  • The "rocking" of a tank when perched upon a ledge doesn't have any forward's force - even when the tank tilts forwards, it doesn't shift forwards... however, when it tilts backwards, it falls.
  • Fast vehicles don't feel like tanks, they're more like high performance stunt jeeps.
  • Light tanks can get air time over very steep hills too easily. A little bit of air time is fine, but I feel as though it's excessive for it to be realistic (or good for gameplay)
  • KV-5's shouldn't be able to drive over Mice. Enough said. Screenshots attached.
  • Significant impacts damage your tank, but not internal modules or crew... seems strange.
  • An E-50M can ram and flip over a Tog with relative ease. 65 tons hitting 70 tons should not equal an easy flip. Add "weight" to the impact.
  • Dead tanks are pushed too easily down hills; it's as though they have no friction. There needs to be some resistance when tanks are being pushed.

Bugs:

• I saw a tank hit a bunker wall on Overlord, and immediately land on top of it; and easily slide off (despite the tracks not touching anything solid). Somewhat strange to see.
  • Walls will "eat" tanks... seriously. What? Screenshot included.
  • An MS-1 getting rammed by an E-50M going at 60km/h was barely moved. It immediately "teleported" off to the side, but didn't roll or act as though it was rammed by a 60 ton missile.
  • Tanks behave strange on rubble piles. They go up properly, but if they can't entirely climb it, for some reason the tank forcefully slides off.
  • Tanks "bounce" from side to side at random when climbing rubble piles
  • When a tank's tracks are on another tank's hull, the tank is "elevated", and loses all traction. If the tracks are touching a surface, they should be able to interact with it; not be repelled away from it.
  • You can't shoot when your tank is sitting on its side. Not sure why.
  • If your tank reversing too steeply up a slope, you can no longer traverse using your tracks - you're forced to go straight forwards
  • Tanks can't traverse their tracks at all on a slope.

Suggestions:

• Police turns occur too quickly - the tank swings around with minimal effort as though it were a racecar, which they aren't. Make the turns slower; add the feel of vehicle weight into those police turns.
  • Make it harder for vehicles to climb over some terrain. When reaching great speeds, tanks should be able to power through the first patch of bumps / hills, but they eventually should lose some speed, lose traction if it's on snow, become immobilized, etc. The physics changes are good, but the tanks almost feel excessively "light" when it comes to driving over terrain
  • Change the mechanics of losing tracks. Taking damage when ramming into things is good, but tracks, crew and modules should also take impact. Tracks need to be destroyed when they're collided into.
  • Force of impact needs reworking. When heavier tanks collide with lighter ones, there needs to be more ramming damage done, more "pushing away" of the lighter vehicles. When a CDC can drive over (literally) a T2 Light and leave him with 6 HP, something is wrong.
  • Tracks need to interact with vehicle hulls, rubble piles, etc. in a more realistic manner. Right now, they seem very glitchy.
  • Separate the test servers. Keep the Russians away from the NA and EU server folks. These RU people entered the training room and were discussing how they were trolling NA players just for fun (I speak Russian fluently, so I understood exactly what they were talking about). The RU folks TK NA far too easily as well.

Edited by Scorpiany, Sep 12 2015 - 03:13.

SACEUR #9 Posted Sep 11 2015 - 21:31

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38549 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on Sep 11 2015 - 12:05, said:

You do know the RU players actively TK anyone from our server, right?  That's not new.  Hate to say "deal with it" but it's been happening for a long time.

Yeah this is not my first test server so I know they tend to target NA players but this is different. They were targeting Arty, autolaoders and lites with most of those killed being Russian players

Battlecruiser #10 Posted Sep 11 2015 - 21:36

Major

• Players
  • 21200 battles
  • [UBH-T] UBH-T
no sound when hit

View Post_Tsavo_, on Sep 11 2015 - 15:05, said:

You do know the RU players actively TK anyone from our server, right?  That's not new.  Hate to say "deal with it" but it's been happening for a long time.

i've yet to get tk'ed. maybe you're just doing something they dont like?

GhostPrime #11 Posted Sep 11 2015 - 22:48

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostScorpiany, on Sep 11 2015 - 12:31, said:

Reserved. I intend on writing out a very detailed bit of feedback about all of the various aspects of the new physics; pros and cons, suggestions, bugs, etc. Will edit with feedback in a couple of hours.

fantastic! Looking forward to reading it!

nekojima #12 Posted Sep 11 2015 - 23:33

Captain

• Players
  • 36250 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

I'd suggest playing in training rooms rather than pub matches. Some trolls in training, but far less and you can practice & experience physics more there.

As an added bonus, seems you may even get SerB in on your team in training too....  :)

Riptide109 #13 Posted Sep 11 2015 - 23:57

Major

• Players
  • 9929 battles

View Postnekojima, on Sep 11 2015 - 14:33, said:

I'd suggest playing in training rooms rather than pub matches. Some trolls in training, but far less and you can practice & experience physics more there.

As an added bonus, seems you may even get SerB in on your team in training too....  :)

Dont play any good tanks around him....he might nerf them

nekojima #14 Posted Sep 12 2015 - 00:00

Captain

• Players
  • 36250 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostRiptide109, on Sep 11 2015 - 17:57, said:

Dont play any good tanks around him....he might nerf them

The way these Russians are playing, nothing will get nerfed. :trollface:

Scorpiany #15 Posted Sep 12 2015 - 00:00

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 29678 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostGhostPrime, on Sep 11 2015 - 14:48, said:

fantastic! Looking forward to reading it!

Updated a list to an extent, it's a very very rough draft for now. I'll go back to it later, fix the organization, errors, and also add screenshots.

Hope it will be somewhat useful!

nekojima #16 Posted Sep 12 2015 - 00:14

Captain

• Players
  • 36250 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

Feedback.

In the first test there were more previously unaccessible areas that were available for roaming around, primarily in light tanks. For instance, on El Halluf at K6. In previous physics test you could drive up this path, now its not possible, its down only like on the live server. I can see why from a gameplay perspective, but just like on the north side, which is also down only, it opens up more of the map for attacks if its accessible.

The potential damage from a fall or flipover seems to be either very forgiving or not very forgiving at all. I've driven over 50m drops at full speed and not lost a single hp, even with standard tracks. Other locations I've found that with much small drops I'm losing 75% of my hp, two crew members, maybe a couple of modules too. Perhaps, since this was on different maps, the terrain mapping I'm landing on is different, but inconsistencies such as that should be balanced.

On Malinovka, drove into a rock at A7 and died from impact. Hadn't expected that change.

Edited by nekojima, Sep 12 2015 - 00:46.

nuttydave1234 #17 Posted Sep 12 2015 - 02:44

Major

• Players
  • 26467 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY

No sound of being shot..?

Vk 72.01 K would not reach past 43 km, top speed. 

NWGIX #18 Posted Sep 12 2015 - 04:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13463 battles
  • [VENUM] VENUM
haven't been able to provide any good source of feedback most of the new changes just feels right, but something funny did happen someone from the EU server managed to flip a T95 on Westfield (didn't get a screenshot moving too fast running from and angry batchat)

Vyraall #19 Posted Sep 12 2015 - 05:37

Staff sergeant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 32060 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

Dont worry, none of the crew was harmed in the making of this video.

Battery_Overload #20 Posted Sep 12 2015 - 05:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12231 battles

View PostVyraall, on Sep 11 2015 - 23:37, said:

Dont worry, none of the crew was harmed in the making of this video.

:20 Do a barrel roll

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users